"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MrKaytos
Not-So-Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by MrKaytos » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:51 pm

dragonballhero wrote:
MrKaytos wrote:
dragonballhero wrote:
Holy ****! For real?? Maybe the ToP IS the final arc after all...

Wait, Chioka said that the possibility for a new series is still on the table, right?
Yep. My workmates have asked him about Jaco, new TV specials, crossovers... Everything is possible. What I'm really impressed about our interview is the security of Chioka when talking about the future of the franchise. He's sure we'll have a lot of Dragon Ball for many years.

An interesting fact is that we asked him why they decided to continue Dragon Ball right now, after so many years. Chioka said that Dragon Ball Kai was a kind of sounding/poll, to check DB popularity. It went fine, so they started the new adventures.
Well, let's be honest, this IS Dragon Ball we're talking about. Heck, it kept going despite no anime/manga material being made between 1997 and 2008.

That being said, did you ask him anything about a sequel to Super that focuses on the likes of Uub and/or Pan or something to that effect?
Regarding Uub, my partners asked him if they would relate the EoS with the EoZ, and they said they still don't have the guide lines from Toriyama, BUT they think the plot will have continuity.

More things. My partners asked him about Cell and they are interested in him, but Toriyama hasn't said anything. Everything depends on him.

IMPORTANT - My team had another interview with them, in the press room, where they talked about this http://misiontokyo.com/noticias/dragon- ... a-pelicula They've just told me that and they'll upload it too. As soon as I get it, I'll share it around here ^^

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:53 pm

If the series is going to end, let it end. There's no point in stopping a show and then continuing it with some other name, wait, this sounds oddly familiar...
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:57 pm

In a perfect world Super ends in 2018, a movie is released later in the year to keep the train going, then a new series takes it's place in 2019 with actual pre-production done this time, so the schedule is in a better place, in order to produce great looking episodes more often. In this case, the only question is what airs in the time slot? I'm sure Toei wouldn't want to lose it and I don't think reruns would be the best way to go.

Anyway, Dragon Ball isn't going anywhere, so the only thing to hope for is they planned stuff better this time than in 2015.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Legion
Regular

Post by Legion » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:00 pm

Kinokima wrote:
Legion wrote:I will never watch a new series with Uub, Pan etc...who cares, seriously.

It’s not going to happen in a million years so don’t worry. Either is a U6 Saiyan series lol
U6 sayans series? same with Uub or Pan. It would be terrible.

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:04 pm

Really interesting.

Super potentially ending in March seems a bit farther than usual. I can seem them doing at least one more arc starting in January.

But it's weird no one else but here is talking about this interview.
Feels over Reals.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:24 pm

MrKaytos wrote:We have interviewed Kimitoshi Chioka in Mision Tokyo, during our "Salón del Manga", in Barcelona. He has said to us that Dragon Ball Super could end in March, but the franchise won't end at all, it will continue as films, series or anything else, they aren't sure yet. Furthermore, they can't confirm that are working on a new film, BUT a new announcement is coming at the end of this year.

-You can watch the full interview here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV9wRPY9hOE and the extra article from Misión Tokyo here http://misiontokyo.com/noticias/dragon- ... a-pelicula
Kimitoshi Chioka does not say anything about Super ending in March, or about a new announcement coming at the end of this year, in the video you linked to. Unless I missed it, in which case can you point me to the specific part in the video in which he says that?
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

MrKaytos
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MrKaytos » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:29 pm

Herms wrote:
MrKaytos wrote:We have interviewed Kimitoshi Chioka in Mision Tokyo, during our "Salón del Manga", in Barcelona. He has said to us that Dragon Ball Super could end in March, but the franchise won't end at all, it will continue as films, series or anything else, they aren't sure yet. Furthermore, they can't confirm that are working on a new film, BUT a new announcement is coming at the end of this year.

-You can watch the full interview here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV9wRPY9hOE and the extra article from Misión Tokyo here http://misiontokyo.com/noticias/dragon- ... a-pelicula
Kimitoshi Chioka does not say anything about Super ending in March, or about a new announcement coming at the end of this year, in the video you linked to. Unless I missed it, in which case can you point me to the specific part in the video in which he says that?
You're totally right Herms!! I've just written this in a comment before because I couldn't edit my main post:

IMPORTANT - My team had another interview with them, in the press room, where they talked about this http://misiontokyo.com/noticias/dragon- ... a-pelicula They've just told me that and they'll upload it too. As soon as I get it, I'll share it around here ^^

More things. This new shikishi can be found in "Salón del Manga" in Barcelona, with an art from Tadayoshi Yamamuro:

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:31 pm

perucho1990 wrote:Dragon Ball Kai premiere on 2009 for newer generations and because of its success is why Dragon Ball Super was able to be made.
Er... No? It was mainly because the sucess of the two movies that came before (BoG and RoF)
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:35 pm

MrKaytos wrote:
dragonballhero wrote:
MrKaytos wrote:
Yep. My workmates have asked him about Jaco, new TV specials, crossovers... Everything is possible. What I'm really impressed about our interview is the security of Chioka when talking about the future of the franchise. He's sure we'll have a lot of Dragon Ball for many years.

An interesting fact is that we asked him why they decided to continue Dragon Ball right now, after so many years. Chioka said that Dragon Ball Kai was a kind of sounding/poll, to check DB popularity. It went fine, so they started the new adventures.
Well, let's be honest, this IS Dragon Ball we're talking about. Heck, it kept going despite no anime/manga material being made between 1997 and 2008.

That being said, did you ask him anything about a sequel to Super that focuses on the likes of Uub and/or Pan or something to that effect?
Regarding Uub, my partners asked him if they would relate the EoS with the EoZ, and they said they still don't have the guide lines from Toriyama, BUT they think the plot will have continuity.

More things. My partners asked him about Cell and they are interested in him, but Toriyama hasn't said anything. Everything depends on him.

Uhh, if Super were to end in March, they would have received those guidelines a good while ago, given how long in advance the writing is done.

Something is fishy here..

MrKaytos
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MrKaytos » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:37 pm

Araki wrote:
MrKaytos wrote:
dragonballhero wrote:

Uhh, if Super were to end in March, they would have received those guidelines a good while ago, given how long in advance the writing is done.

Yep, I agree with you, maybe they want to be kind of misleading because they can't confirm anything.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:39 pm

Araki wrote:
MrKaytos wrote:
dragonballhero wrote:

Oh thank god I don't want it to end

MrKaytos
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MrKaytos » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:40 pm

Noah wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:Dragon Ball Kai premiere on 2009 for newer generations and because of its success is why Dragon Ball Super was able to be made.
Er... No? It was mainly because the sucess of the two movies that came before (BoG and RoF)
Yeah, I think these two movies contribute it too, of course. They mentioned the Kai thing in 4:16 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV9wRPY9hOE Herms can check it out too :)

VejituhTheWarriorGuy
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by VejituhTheWarriorGuy » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:53 pm

Catch me up, what's going on?
"You think you can defeat me? Using the power of those MOSQUITOS?! I am the legendary WARRIOR!" - Broly (Big Green Dub)

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:58 pm

VejituhTheWarriorGuy wrote:Catch me up, what's going on?
MrKaytos said his colleagues talked to Chioka and were told Super may end in March. Herms is in the process of debunking this claim.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

MrKaytos
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MrKaytos » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:02 pm

Chuquita wrote:MrKaytos said his colleagues talked to Chioka and were told Super may end in March. Herms is in the process of debunking this claim.
I'm taaaaaaaalking to Herms via Twitter too, explaining everything ^^ My partners made a second interview that will be uploaded later, in which the "March thing" is said. They've told me that before AND they posted that on Twitter too, just here: https://twitter.com/Misiontokyo/status/ ... 1892207616

They haven't had time to upload that second interview yet, that is why they posted all the information here: http://misiontokyo.com/noticias/dragon- ... a-pelicula Obviously, you need a video that support that, but I posted it here because I trust in the work of my partners. They never publish fakes and we are a very serious media in Spain regarding manganime.

So be paaaatient!!

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:07 pm

MrKaytos wrote:
Chuquita wrote:MrKaytos said his colleagues talked to Chioka and were told Super may end in March. Herms is in the process of debunking this claim.
I'm taaaaaaaalking to Herms via Twitter too, explaining everything ^^ My partners made a second interview that will be uploaded later, in which the "March thing" is said. They've told me that before AND they posted that on Twitter too, just here: https://twitter.com/Misiontokyo/status/ ... 1892207616

They haven't had time to upload that second interview yet, that is why they posted all the information here: http://misiontokyo.com/noticias/dragon- ... a-pelicula Obviously, you need a video that support that, but I posted it here because I trust in the work of my partners. They never publish fakes and we are a very serious media in Spain regarding manganime.

So be paaaatient!!
I understand you trust your partners, but in the future waiting to post about it until after your source footage is uploaded and linkable would make the whole thing less stressful for everyone.

Not everyone knows your friends as well as you do, so they'd take longer to trust without the footage.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

MrKaytos
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MrKaytos » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:14 pm

Chuquita wrote:
MrKaytos wrote:

So be paaaatient!!
I understand you trust your partners, but in the future waiting to post about it until after your source footage is uploaded and linkable would make the whole thing less stressful for everyone.

Not everyone knows your friends as well as you do, so they'd take longer to trust without the footage.
Yeah... It's been a stressful night for me too, explaining everywhere the whole thing. At first moment I thought they published that article because in the interview uploaded Chioka DID say that, but I was wrong. Therefore, I asked them later and told me about the second interview.

Well, it's 2:12 am in Spain and I'm really tired after all this! I'll come here tomorrow to read all your comments and I hope my partners upload the interview pretty soon!!!

Have a nice day guys! ^^

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:59 pm

They better not end it. If they do I'll punch a child in the throat.

Pkjoan

Post by Pkjoan » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:11 pm

Just watched the video fully (I was at work, just glimpse through it), the guy that made that article mistranslated several things (Can confirm, I speak spanish).

1) They said they don't have the EoZ planned yet (Toyotaro could but not them). They did hint DBS could have potential to go post-EoZ.
2) They don't see DBS ending right now, in fact they said they don't have a solid number of how many episodes it will have.
3) They said they've wanted to do something in anime since GT.
4)They said their goal with DBS is to make it as similar as DBZ in terms of action/characters/etc.
5)They said they'll like Piccolo, Gohan and Pan having the main character role and also want Toriyama to develop more the Goku and Gohan relationship in terms of both wanting to reach new heights.
6)They said that there's possibility for more 1h specials and specials like History of Trunks or Bardock's.
7)They are aware fans are complaining about the censorship and targetting kids audience
8)They are very interested in Cell, they are waiting if Toriyama wants to do something with him.
9)They said that Trunks Blue hair, Gohan not having roles and Buu not fighting are Toriyama's decision.
10) They said that they can't force or change anything from the original outline unless they beg Toriyama and he approves, basically confirming that Toriyama does supervise the anime.

HECTOR4
Regular

Post by HECTOR4 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:11 pm

MrKaytos wrote:

So be paaaatient!!
But in the interview that has already been shown they already say flatly that they don't plan to finish the series for the moment. It's not that they try to confuse a little and want to be kind of misleading, they say it very clearly. They say that for the moment they don't have thought to finish the series. And If they couldn't confirm it, they wouldn't confirm it, and they wouldn't say in an interview that the series could end in March and in another that they don't have thought to finish it for the moment. That makes no sense XD

I don't distrust the people of Misión Tokyo, but they could have made a mistake in interpreting the information received.

Pkjoan wrote:basically confirming that Toriyama does supervise the anime.
No, basically they confirm that they have a draft of Toriyama that they follow and by the way they have said it doesn't seem that they ask Toriyama too much about the changes.

In addition, Toriyama already said that it left them total freedom to modify their draft. I don't think that at every moment they bother Toriyama to propose changes. The answer referred to something more general and important within the script, such as deciding if Cell can be part of a new saga.