"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:11 pm

Lapislettuce wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote:18 is next to be eliminated on ep 117.
Piccolo will go after her on ep 119. pretty obvious
Episode 118 will be the end of Universe 2 with 18 going in episode 119 is my guess.

We have no idea when Piccolo and Gohan vs Saonel and Pilina could possibly end just like Vegeta vs Toppo.
18 will never have 3 episodes in a row, that's impossible considering she's had enough eliminations and has the promotional status of Krillin, Roshi and Piccolo she's next on ep 117 after her promoted team up with 17 is over. 119 can be Piccolo and Gohan episode centered where Piccolo gets eliminated. the eliminations have been pretty predictible so far anyway.
Then you need to tell me when Piccolo and Gohan beat the Namekians then as the bugs are episode 119.

I am going to say that episode 117 is Zirloin, Rabanra and Zarbuto and episode 118 is Rozie and Ribrianne. I don't expect that many episodes for 18 but she also got something similar earlier.
CJStriker_CBR wrote:
Typing from My IPhone.

We have to wait and see but I am believing by what the previews are giving us just as of right now that universe 2 might lose some fighters but they will not be fully gone. It is likely it will be a big fight with the androids and 18 is likely to be lost but U2 will survive.

The flow of the story and previews does not seem to warrent them being erased yet. I fear more for universe 6 Right now.
That means Ribrianne will have to escape 17 again which I find extremely unlikely and that 17 and 18 scare them off. Universe 2 are attacking Goku so It would be their own fault if some of his teammates come and defend him.

I get 0 hints from the spoilers that the Namekians are involved here and that is why I think it is Universe 2.

We will know more around 23rd November.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:13 pm

So hyped for U4...hope they will show the cicadas.

And hope Kafla will be ringed out

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:18 pm

Kishido wrote:So hyped for U4...hope they will show the cicadas.

And hope Kafla will be ringed out
These 2 things are probably going to happen as I doubt it is Shantsa and if Goku is sitting there tired then Kefla is probably gone.
Last edited by namekiansaiyan on Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:18 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Episode 118 will be the end of Universe 2 with 18 going in episode 119 is my guess.

We have no idea when Piccolo and Gohan vs Saonel and Pilina could possibly end just like Vegeta vs Toppo.
18 will never have 3 episodes in a row, that's impossible considering she's had enough eliminations and has the promotional status of Krillin, Roshi and Piccolo she's next on ep 117 after her promoted team up with 17 is over. 119 can be Piccolo and Gohan episode centered where Piccolo gets eliminated. the eliminations have been pretty predictible so far anyway.
Then you need to tell me when Piccolo and Gohan beat the Namekians then as the bugs are episode 119.

I am going to say that episode 117 is Zirloin, Rabanra and Zarbuto and episode 118 is Rozie and Ribrianne. I don't expect that many episodes for 18 but she also got something similar earlier.
CJStriker_CBR wrote:
Typing from My IPhone.

We have to wait and see but I am believing by what the previews are giving us just as of right now that universe 2 might lose some fighters but they will not be fully gone. It is likely it will be a big fight with the androids and 18 is likely to be lost but U2 will survive.

The flow of the story and previews does not seem to warrent them being erased yet. I fear more for universe 6 Right now.
That means Ribrianne will have to escape 17 again which I find extremely unlikely and that 17 and 18 scare them off. Universe 2 are attacking Goku so It would be their own fault if some of his teammates come and defend him.

I get 0 hints from the spoilers that the Namekians are involved here and that is why I think it is Universe 2.

We will know more around 23rd November.
From my iPhone so I am limited in my response.

We have zero information now on who it will be and we all are just speculating now and I am going by story flow to the best of my ability so we have to wait-and-see but I still hold my theory so good conversation. :thumbup:
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:31 pm

Been meaning to reply sooner but I keep getting this “503 Service Temporally Unavailable” error.

I’m all for seeing UI again and all, but against just Kafla? Really? The fusees just learned how to become Super Saiyan some days ago, and now their fusion can overwhelm Blue, force out Blue Kaiōken and UI? God, consistency has just gone to shit now. Sometimes I wonder if Toei spams transformations like SSB and now UI just as a money move. Again, don’t care about power levels or anything but c’mon, consistency is dead. Seriously, how powerful would SS3 Vegetto in Super be in comparison to SSG and SSB? Sucks even more that Gokū can’t maintain UI too long either.

Regarding which Universe gets eliminated, anyone consider the possibility of both U2 and U6 going out in the same episode?

Choosing between Piccolo and 18, sorry 18. Picking Piccolo to stay.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:37 pm

Per the Heroes livestream, Goku will power up Ultra Instinct soon ("Omen" is the key word), and Vegeta's not gotten serious yet either.

--

So Vegeta might actually defeat Toppo.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:45 pm

perucho1990 wrote:Per the Heroes livestream, Goku will power up Ultra Instinct soon ("Omen" is the key word), and Vegeta's not gotten serious yet either.

--

If he beats Toppo then Vegeta won't last much longer as Vegeta will try and beat Jiren and we know what will happen there.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:53 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
If he beats Toppo then Vegeta won't last much longer as Vegeta will try and beat Jiren and we know what will happen there.
Vegeta always loses to the main antagonists, when was the last time he didnt fight the main antagonist?

We know that Goku will use UI in episode 116, and maybe Vegeta will show his full strength in that episode too, Toppo could be eliminated in episode 117 or 118 imo.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:54 pm

We all knew that we were going to see UI at least one more time before Goku fought Jiren again. I just never thought it’d be from Kafla or however you spell it.

Not sure about everyone else, but I’d put kale and Caulifla individually around the strength Goku and Vegeta had during the Buu saga or beginning of Super. Which makes sense I guess. But what makes it really stupid is that this fusion makes no sense.

If I remember this correctly, Goku told Vegeta (or someone else) that fusion would be useless against Beerus. Yet SSG was enough to somewhat satisfy Beerus to leave them alone. Goku is now much stronger than he was back then and now has essentially two transformations after that, but Kafla has somehow surpassed the level of strength SSG had that made it so special. If Kafla was able to do this, Vegetto should’ve given Beerus some fun as well. At least as SSJ3.

This makes SSGs appearance absolutely unnecessary back then if it can be so easily passed up by two Saiyan who are around Buu saga level (or even slightly above). I just don’t understand some of this logic. You shouldn’t have to come up with some radical explanations to make things make sense.
How i predict the tournament will end:

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:56 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Vegeta always loses to the main antagonists, when was the last time he didnt fight the main antagonist?

We know that Goku will use UI in episode 116, and maybe Vegeta will show his full strength in that episode too, Toppo could be eliminated in episode 117 or 118 imo.
That fight was not mentioned in any spoiler so it is not ending and we will just get 30 second scenes just like Piccolo and Gohan vs Saonel and Pilina.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:57 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote: Sacrifice to do what exactly? I think it means something completely different then what you think it does.
Well, the "sacrifice" turned out to be the wrong word for it (for now), so it does mean something different.

Either way, I'm going to be on the edge of my seat for a month. These previews do get expanded on, right?

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:00 pm

Michsi wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote: Sacrifice to do what exactly? I think it means something completely different then what you think it does.
Well, the "sacrifice" turned out to be the wrong word for it (for now), so it does mean something different.

Either way, I'm going to be on the edge of my seat for a month. These previews do get expanded on, right?
Yeah it is the wrong word as Herms missed something.

I am just waiting for the Weekly Shonen Jump that should leak 10 days before episode 118 airs.

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:05 pm

The amount of attention and focus Caulifla and Kale are getting is absurd, in my opinion. The constant flow of free, unearned power given to them by Plot is the finishing touch on just how tilted toward them an entire multiverse tournament seems to be. It really is like watching the marketing team at Bandai or Toei or whatever pick winners and losers, because they're pushing these girls hard at the expense of far too many other competitors.

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm beginning to understand why some people don't care so much for Goten and Trunks. Way too much focus for new characters who haven't earned it and free power up the ass isn't gonna sit well with everyone, but I find Caulifla especially to be extremely annoying on a personality level which probably makes it worse.
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

Nero<>Akira
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Nero<>Akira » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:17 pm

HeroR wrote:
Nero<>Akira wrote:
HeroR wrote:
If Goku is going Blue and Kaioken, he isn’t that tired, especially ‘hanging on by a thread going’.
Goku doesn't need relatively good again to go into these forms. he just needs to have the stamina to do it and not be completely drained. and if he can't go Kaioken let alone Kaioken x20, he's practically 1/20 of his normal strength. even in the manga, where Blue actually zaps stamina the moment you transform, Vegeta was able to remain in Blue when he was only 1/10 of Goku's SSG form.
Yes he does since he couldn’t go Super Saiyan and now he can and even maintain Super Saiyan God. And using the manga for the anime is flawed.
If Goku can't go Kaioken when at his best he can go x20.... he is not at full power at all. Even if he goes Kaioken times ONE.. he isn't at full power and nowhere near. there really isn't anything to go against this. I brought up the manga as an example since there the form stresses you the moment you use it. In the anime, it doesn't. Even if we don't use the example, there really isn't a counterargument to suggest Goku is close to full strength if he can't do what he could against Jiren.
Zamasu is the best DB villain besides Freeza (and this is only the case because the current Super arc elevated Freeza to be that good).

Nero<>Akira
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Nero<>Akira » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:20 pm

TheOne wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Nero<>Akira wrote:Goku isn't even at full power LOL Why are people forgetting this fact? Why is it a surprise that Kefla, a potara fusion, in base can outpace a TIRED SSG Goku. a Goku so weak he can't even go above Kaioken x ONE if we go by his statement based on the preview. This dude is hanging on by a thread going up against this fusion that tired.
If Goku is going Blue and Kaioken, he isn’t that tired, especially ‘hanging on by a thread going’.
While yes Goku would realistically still be really tired, we honestly don’t know if the writers are taking this into account. I’d be willing to say they think Goku has recovered his stamina and back to his full strength (which is dumb). Pulling out SSJ3 and all these other transformations kinda points at that. I don’t agree with that. I’d like for Goku to be dealing with some form of handicap while fighting to show that the gap is only circumstantial.
Author intent doesn't matter when we are given what's on screen. They could intend to make you think he's good, but if he can't even output Kaioken to the max he could when he was at full power, then he's tired regardless what the writers intended. What the story gives trumps their wants. Author intent could be Vegeta being stronger than Goku, but if there's nothing to show he is except him saying so, then it doesn't matter when nothing but "intent" backs this up.
Zamasu is the best DB villain besides Freeza (and this is only the case because the current Super arc elevated Freeza to be that good).

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:32 pm

IF U6 is indeed going out next than all I have to say is good riddance. :wave:

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:52 pm

I'm fine with 18 going out next as she already got some fights in but I hope she takes out a few more characters before going down.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:01 pm

So Damon's going to take somebody out. It's either 18 and Piccolo, we'll see. My money's on the cyborg.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:24 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:Per the Heroes livestream, Goku will power up Ultra Instinct soon ("Omen" is the key word), and Vegeta's not gotten serious yet either.

--

Depends if Vegeta actually goes all out against Toppo.
Vegeta has beaten Goku Black up, Goku in Saiyan saga and we can technically count second form Cell too, if it were not for his desire of a worthy opponent.
I think it's time for Vegeta to surpass Goku. It's time the rivalry be actually demonstrated between the two instead of always insisted through training.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:25 pm

Yeah after reading the new summaries, it really looks like Kefla will be defeated. If that's the case, U2 might be safe.