"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tombstone1988
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Tombstone1988 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:18 pm

TheOne wrote:Why would you get tired of Goku getting fatigued? It means other people will have moments since Goku is out of commission.

You people complain about everything
There is so much wrong with this one short post that I shouldn't even bother responding. But I will anyway.

I assumed the point of him becoming fatigued in the first place (the ending of episode 110) was for that very purpose: to have him out of commission for several episodes as he recovered. Instead, he's been prominent in almost every episode, with the exception of episode 111. These last two episodes, Goku has been fighting quite well against Kale and Caulifla, despite being "tired," "fatigued," and "low on stamina." Now he's going to regain Ultra Instinct and use it against Kefla... upon which he'll lose it and be fatigued. So we'll basically be right back at square one in regards to Goku's status. It's like Kataphrut wrote: "It's just messing about."

Also, you seem to have missed the very next sentence of my post where I said I want him to sit out and rest, leaving him out of a few episodes.

Lastly, "you people" is vague and meaningless; everyone here is an individual, with their own thoughts and views on the show. Some people like the show a lot, some dislike it, others like myself like it but are critical of its weaker aspects.
"If you notice this and understand that it's flawed and just don't let it bother you, that's perfectly fine. But enjoying a flawed movie and calling a movie flawless are two completely different things."

-Adam from YourMovieSucksDOTorg
(Replace "movie" with "DBS episode" and that's pretty much my thoughts in regards to DBS critique)

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:35 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
Chuquita wrote:It'd give me a nice, curiosity free break from Super if they benched Gokû for a couple weeks, but I doubt that'll happen.
Did you stop watching Z for the extended periods of time that he was benched???
Makes me wonder where Toei's supposed market research is from re: kids getting upset if he's not on screen.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:42 pm

Kagari wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:
Chuquita wrote:It'd give me a nice, curiosity free break from Super if they benched Gokû for a couple weeks, but I doubt that'll happen.
Makes me wonder where Toei's supposed market research is from re: kids getting upset if he's not on screen.
The Goku fanboys in their own office.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:43 pm

Kagari wrote:Makes me wonder where Toei's supposed market research is from re: kids getting upset if he's not on screen.
It was said in an interview that, in the past series, ratings would go down when Goku wasn't part of the story and rise when he was.

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:51 pm

alakazam^ wrote:
Kagari wrote:Makes me wonder where Toei's supposed market research is from re: kids getting upset if he's not on screen.
It was said in an interview that, in the past series, ratings would go down when Goku wasn't part of the story and rise when he was.
From the interview:
For instance, back with Dragon Ball Z when there were episodes with characters other than Goku fighting, even if the ratings didn’t suffer, younger viewers lost interest. Adults watch for the story, so they can still enjoy watching how things play out even if Goku doesn’t appear, but children watch for the characters. So you have to have Goku appear. That’s why with Dragon Ball Z, when Goku didn’t appear for a while in the original manga, we thought long and hard about how to have him show up in the anime (laughs).
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/ ... interview/

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:56 pm

I always thought I was the outlier, in that unlike Z, I'm watching Super mostly for Gokû, but that's only because I'm a fan that's been around long enough where I'm only really watching for characters now.

Z I watched more for the action in general than just the characters. Z and Super are different staffs though, so.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:14 pm

Chuquita wrote:I always thought I was the outlier, in that unlike Z, I'm watching Super mostly for Gokû, but that's only because I'm a fan that's been around long enough where I'm only really watching for characters now.

Z I watched more for the action in general than just the characters. Z and Super are different staffs though, so.

I watch for the characters too so I completely understand.

And just a note I just noticed your tumblr. I always love the comics you draw for each episode. They are so cute. :)

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:37 pm

I too just watch for the characters now, the torture it would have been if Kale and Cauli were fighting someone different for that long as I hate their guts but Goku balances it. Super's story/plot isnt really that interesting in the first place. Its just Goku and Gohan thats keeping me invested in the series.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:40 pm

I wouldve had Goku fight someone else(like idk Zarbuto, Katopelsa), while the Saiyan Girls fight Brianne and Rosie.

Toei shouldve kept mentioning how U10 death affected Gohans performance because he hasnt done well since the fight vs Obuni.

-Useless vs Prum and Harmula
-Runs away from Borareta
-Overwhelmed by Jimizu.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:44 pm

Kinokima wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I always thought I was the outlier, in that unlike Z, I'm watching Super mostly for Gokû, but that's only because I'm a fan that's been around long enough where I'm only really watching for characters now.

I watch for the characters too so I completely understand.

And just a note I just noticed your tumblr. I always love the comics you draw for each episode. They are so cute. :)

I'm happy you enjoy them! :mrgreen: I really have fun drawing the comics each week.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:00 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:I too just watch for the characters now, the torture it would have been if Kale and Cauli were fighting someone different for that long as I hate their guts but Goku balances it. Super's story/plot isnt really that interesting in the first place. Its just Goku and Gohan thats keeping me invested in the series.
Only Freeza would had tortured Kale and Cali. Everyone else would have either rung them out or be rung out. And I'm glad it didn't happened since it's petty to want characters to be tortured because you hate them, yet they did nothing within the context of the show to deserved other than being 'arrogant' or 'annoying'.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:27 pm

HeroR wrote: Only Freeza would had tortured Kale and Cali. Everyone else would have either rung them out or be rung out. And I'm glad it didn't happened since it's petty to want characters to be tortured because you hate them, yet they did nothing within the context of the show to deserved other than being 'arrogant' or 'annoying'.
What are you on about now? I said it would have been torture for me if they were fighting someone else other than Goku. Stop being so senstive when it comes to those 2.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:32 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:
HeroR wrote: Only Freeza would had tortured Kale and Cali. Everyone else would have either rung them out or be rung out. And I'm glad it didn't happened since it's petty to want characters to be tortured because you hate them, yet they did nothing within the context of the show to deserved other than being 'arrogant' or 'annoying'.
What are you on about now? I said it would have been torture for me if they were fighting someone else other than Goku. Stop being so senstive when it comes to those 2.
I wasn't just talking about Cali and Kale. I was also referring to people like Rib who people regularly wants tortured and humiliated. But I do agree that I misread your post.

On that, I don't think it's up to you to tell me what I should or shouldn't be 'sensitive' about.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:35 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
Garlic Jr arc aside, was he benched altogether anywhere else?
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:46 pm

Olympian wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:
Garlic Jr arc aside, was he benched altogether anywhere else?
The Great Saiyaman Saga

EDIT: Until the Tournament was announced

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:47 pm

HeroR wrote: On that, I don't think it's up to you to tell me what I should or shouldn't be 'sensitive' about.
I told you that for your own good, people that wants to see torture is still about what they would find entertaining in the show and is only talking about the show unlike you who lowkey belittle people that wants it to happen as being "petty" because you dont like it, but sure, be you, I tried.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:49 pm

Idk if this mean anything but DBH has Kalefla, Hit and Cabba as Universe 6 Elite forces

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:52 pm

perucho1990 wrote:Idk if this mean anything but DBH has Kalefla, Hit and Cabba as Universe 6 Elite forces

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Are they really sticking to just "Super Saiyan" on her? because thats what it says there.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:10 pm

perucho1990 wrote:Idk if this mean anything but DBH has Kalefla, Hit and Cabba as Universe 6 Elite forces

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
It's an ability that requires Hit and Cabba with her on the blue portion of the field. It doesn't have anything to do with Dragon Ball Super (nor with this thread, by the way).
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:23 pm

Big Chief wrote:I also don't think Zarbuto's scene is being one of the people plotting about potaras.

That scene is probably just about the gods wanting to throw potaras to their fighters.
I think while the Funny Scene with Zarbuto of U2 can happen in 115, it is harder to see happen cause he is in the middle of battle like the others in the ring. I also in my Theories are of the other Universes talking about Fusions mainly being by the GoD Themselves mostly with the crowds in the stands and the plans to come together slow their after.

Again we will have to wait and see what happens with that, but I agree with you on your points Big Chief.
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker