"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:45 am

Big Chief wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Big Chief wrote:
They probably will get something at least, or else they would have been eliminated in 115.

If Kefla is gone next episode, there isn't really much reason to keep U6 around any longer. Toei seems to be building up to their erasure with all of the U6 focused episodes.

From the description, this episode seems more like a more light hearted episode, before the seriousness that would be in an episode where U6 is erased would be.
Episode 117 could easily be building up for Universe 2's erasure. Why have 1 random episode inbetween all the Universe 6 episodes?

Big Chief
Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Chief » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:55 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Big Chief wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
They probably will get something at least, or else they would have been eliminated in 115.

If Kefla is gone next episode, there isn't really much reason to keep U6 around any longer. Toei seems to be building up to their erasure with all of the U6 focused episodes.

From the description, this episode seems more like a more light hearted episode, before the seriousness that would be in an episode where U6 is erased would be.
Episode 117 could easily be building up for Universe 2's erasure. Why have 1 random episode inbetween all the Universe 6 episodes?
Because Toei clearly loves U6 and wants to drag out their erasure. And to have a light hearted episode before a dark episode.
Some know me as GigglesMcFiggles.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:00 am

It says that 2 people disappear leaving us with 27 contestants. In the latest episode it seems that 2 people will be eliminated and U4 gains new fighters?

The next phrase makes a reference to Kinnikuman, saying that it seems like the throne has been passed. I don't really get what this one is trying to say. But it reaffirms that U4 had 2 more hidden fighters.

Seems like some focus on the Cicadas.
Sources are narutoforums and YonkouProd.

Kefla is gone.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:13 am

Big Chief wrote: Because Toei clearly loves U6 and wants to drag out their erasure.
This sounds so contradictory :lol:

Yeah, from a directorial standpoint it seems a little off to have two intense episodes be interrupted by a comical one, but then again it's not like DB would care about keeping the mood consistent. And there is nothing saying that the U2 episode will be funny anyway.

If 116 and 117 also have some moments dedicated to the Piccolo/Gohan vs. U6 Namekians it might add up to the final showdown in 118. They've been making their cutaway scenes more and more intense, so it might lead to them getting their episode sooner rather that later.

Big Chief
Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Chief » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:22 am

Michsi wrote:
Big Chief wrote: Because Toei clearly loves U6 and wants to drag out their erasure.

Yeah, from a directorial standpoint it seems a little off to have two intense episodes be interrupted by a comical one, but then again it's not like DB would care about keeping the mood consistent. And there is nothing saying that the U2 episode will be funny anyway.

If 116 and 117 also have some moments dedicated to the Piccolo/Gohan vs. U6 Namekians it might add up to the final showdown in 118. They've been making their cutaway scenes more and more intense, so it might lead to them getting their episode sooner rather that later.
Not to mention that Vegeta vs Toppo is probably ending because Vegeta is going to fight Katopesla. I don't think they will drag out the namekians that much longer too, especially if Kefla is gone.
Some know me as GigglesMcFiggles.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:26 am

Big Chief wrote:
Michsi wrote:

Not to mention that Vegeta vs Toppo is probably ending because Vegeta is going to fight Katopesla. I don't think they will drag out the namekians that much longer too, especially if Kefla is gone.
Well, I'm looking forward to the namkians' battle the most, it's just that it lessens Piccolo's chances of making it through 119 should he be done with them in 118.

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:27 am

So Ribrianne will be the one to take out 18 ? i don't see why she's the one fighting her and 17 is losing his time with Rozie when i'm sure he could one shot both of them.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:37 am

Lapislettuce wrote:So Ribrianne will be the one to take out 18 ? i don't see why she's the one fighting her and 17 is losing his time with Rozie when i'm sure he could one shot both of them.
Considering 18 felt annoyed for getting injured and then being saved, she might try to prove herself by taking on the stronger of the two and he is letting her.
As for one-shotting Ribrianne, don't think even 17 could do that. She's been a little too featured to be one-shot-able.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:38 am

Lapislettuce wrote:So Ribrianne will be the one to take out 18 ? i don't see why she's the one fighting her and 17 is losing his time with Rozie when i'm sure he could one shot both of them.
What makes you think anyone from U7 is going out in 117?
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:43 am

About that argument about who got the biggest development:

Vegeta is almost in the same spot he`s always been in, behind Goku. The main development is him being a dad again. Tenshinhan opened up his own school and came back from retirement, Krillin had to deal with his nervouness and came back from retirement and Roshi had to deal with his perviness and came back from retirement.

Vegeta`s development seems more about the same whereas the others had more personal info because they haven`t been as active in the main cast for awhile. That stands out more.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:07 am

JazzMazz wrote:
vashter wrote:
Xeogran wrote:Episode 117:

17 vs Rozie
18 vs Ribrianne

If it's only these two the Androids are taking on, then I guess they won't be the deleted universe in 118, but U6 after all...

B-Plot:

Vegeta will try to imitate Ultra Instinct himself but fail, then gets attacked by Katopesla from U3. I wonder how it'll go, and whatever happens to Toppo.
You fr or you making this up?
These are from Herms twitter so no, they are not being made up.
I am At work right now and Typing from my iPhone so I have to make this quick.

While I would not call this definite and use reserved optimism, this is indeed positive news in the right direction for any fan of Universe 2!

Ribrianne and Rozie Hardly = all of universe 2 and I don’t see the other members participating. This is likely to be a two versus two and with that I think two members one from each side will be ringed out.

So indeed while this is mostly theory and the previews are always to be taken with a grain of salt, this is highly positive news for U2 fans that didn’t believe completely they where all in danger, but we still wait with reserved optimism to see what unfolds.

I’ll leave it at that and be happy about what we have right now. :)
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:56 am

Happy to see 17 and 18 fighting together. I like U2's Sailor Moon and Precure mash up parody so the androids battling Ribrianne and Rozie should be good. Vegeta trying to mimic UI could be humor OR it could be a plot point to reveal more about how actual UI works as there's still mystery there. Either way sounds like a fun episode.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:05 am

Vegeta tries to mimic Goku in order to activate UI but fails and is attacked by Katopesla....
Ah Vegeta, you never fail to amuse me.
I'm going more with this being a gag since its Katopesla that'll attack him, he'll probably be all "Me not thinking ugh ugh *moving around like an idiot*" then Katopesla see's this and goes ape shit on him.
Katopesla: What were you trying to do?
Vegeta: I wasnt thinking
Katopesla: of what?
Vegeta: of anything.
Katopesla: .....

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:11 am

"In order to use Ultra Instinct, Vegeta mimics Goku and tries to act unconsciously!"
I'm still wailing on the floor at how utterly amusing this is.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:35 am

That`s a world of possibilities to that sect of fandom who claims gag elements in the manga/series a joke character makes :D
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:36 am

Brianne vs 17 happening in episode 118 makes sense, their first fight never had a conclusion(both were equally matched), Brianne already finished her fights vs Goku and Vegeta with losses, so I think she will defeat 18 before facing 17 in her final fight before erasure.

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:13 pm

HeroR wrote:
Because it's been 10 episode since a member of U7 has been eliminated. and it makes sense for 18 right now. i don't see why U7 should have this many members on their team now.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:14 pm

Lapislettuce wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Because it's been 10 episode since a member of U7 has been eliminated. and it makes sense for 18 right now. i don't see why U7 should have this many members on their team now.
Someone from U7 is going out in 119 for sure. Nothing is promised for 117 or 118.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:27 pm

HeroR wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Someone from U7 is going out in 119 for sure. Nothing is promised for 117 or 118.
Nothing was promised in Krillin, Roshi or Tien's episode when they got eliminated. 18 can get eliminated in the episode 117 or 118 and another one can get eliminated afterwards. it means nothing.

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:41 pm

I like Vegeta, want him to get Ultra Instinct, but I'd like to see his attempt at it in next week's episode be comical as hell :lol: It already sounds funny :lol:
(I'd like UI to look different for Vegeta. Like maybe a purple aura [Garlic Cannon] instead of blue and gold eyes [Final Flash] instead of silver. Then the hypothetical Vegetto fusion gets bronze eyes to match his brown hair LOL).

So apparently, according to NarutoForums and YonkouProductions, Kefla is gone? I mean, that's not a surprise considering what the hell she's up against, but Kefla/Caulifla/Kale haters rejoice I guess...