"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Noah » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:32 pm

Would you guys think it would be unpredictable and amusing if in the same episode Brianne showed her new transformation she also gets eliminated? :D
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:36 pm

Noah wrote:Would you guys think it would be unpredictable and amusing if in the same episode Brianne showed her new transformation she also gets eliminated? :D
I don't like her but don't personally have the dislike others do. I mean her "love love love" thing is no worse than our typical "Fight strong guys, fight strong guys" lovable main character.

That said I won't mind if she gets rung out ASAP.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:40 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:I don't like her but don't personally have the dislike others do. I mean her "love love love" thing is no worse than our typical "Fight strong guys, fight strong guys" lovable main character.
Good point, Super!Goku is also pretty annoying at times with that "Fight strong guys", I remember back in Episode 53: he was really unbearable with Zamasu.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:59 pm

Noah wrote:Would you guys think it would be unpredictable and amusing if in the same episode Brianne showed her new transformation she also gets eliminated? :D
Doubt it. at least it will last another episode. Ribrianne is the only character from U2 that figures on Toyotaro's poster.

Pannaliciour
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pannaliciour » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:37 pm

Question, if Goku would master UI at the end of this arc, why did UUB land a hit on him at the end of Z?

dragon boss z
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by dragon boss z » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:40 pm

Pannaliciour wrote:Question, if Goku would master UI at the end of this arc, why did UUB land a hit on him at the end of Z?
Because he wasn't using ultra instinct when fighting Uub.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:50 pm

dragon boss z wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Question, if Goku would master UI at the end of this arc, why did UUB land a hit on him at the end of Z?
Because he wasn't using ultra instinct when fighting Uub.
Or because that part just DOESN’T EXIST ANYMORE...

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:06 pm

IKR? At this point EoZ gets more and more unbelievable. Why would Goku care about boy that is at least Kid Boo-tier when he had met God Of Destructions, Angels, strong guys from other universes and El Grande Padre the Grand Priest that are worlds and worlds above that level? It doesn't make a frickin sense and before you say:

"Oh but he wants Oob because of his potential, remember Freeza, 4 months..." Oh yeah and why would Goku waste his time training him to reach his level when he could spar with characters a lot more stronger than Oob?

For F's sake I'm really curious if either Toei or Toyotaro are going to rewrite EoZ, they got to make believable somehow, maybe some BS like Oob born with God Ki or whatever.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Basaku

Post by Basaku » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:10 pm

Believeable or not, EOZ is here to stay. It may get reanimated with some changed details and Toriyama may even redo his own manga chapter (again) but Uub is happening, they've been adamant on alluding to him throughout the course of Super and they insist even after 100+ episodes that it's all leading to EOZ eventually one way or another. WHat happens next and what hypothetical changes to EOZ itself may be introduced is another thing, but it's definitely not getting thrown outta the bin.

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:18 pm

Lapislettuce wrote:
Doubt it. at least it will last another episode. Ribrianne is the only character from U2 that figures on Toyotaro's poster.
That is why I find it hard to believe 118 is where U2 goes in any form, they have already confirmed now that Brianne is getting a New Transformation by the Previews and it will likely lead into 118. Toei might rush fights at times, but I serious would doubt one of the BIG-3 Said would be who to watch out for in V-Jump would get this New Look and Power and only last a Single Episode only to fail. That be IMO Bad Writing Overall and I am not just saying this cause it is about Brianne.

If this was about the U4 Bugs getting a Fusion/Power-Up at the end of 117 I still say that if that power-up for them only last a single episode it be WAY Disappointing and Bad writing to waste such characters that have been hyped and hidden for so long.

We have to go with the flow of the story and at this point we are getting less and less well know fighters to make the Top 10 and the flow of the story for Brianne means that with a New Transformation comes a Good amount of time Presenting that to the Story, one that does not last 1 episode. So that is why I find it hard to figure into the story Brianne and U2's faith being in any major danger.

Again I can be wrong, but if I am I don't even want to guess what Toei was thinking in writing something like that. :crazy: :|
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:31 pm

CJStriker_CBR wrote:
That is why I find it hard to believe 118 is where U2 goes in any form, they have already confirmed now that Brianne is getting a New Transformation by the Previews and it will likely lead into 118. Toei might rush fights at times, but I serious would doubt one of the BIG-3 Said would be who to watch out for in V-Jump would get this New Look and Power and only last a Single Episode only to fail. That be IMO Bad Writing Overall and I am not just saying this cause it is about Brianne.

If this was about the U4 Bugs getting a Fusion/Power-Up at the end of 117 I still say that if that power-up for them only last a single episode it be WAY Disappointing and Bad writing to waste such characters that have been hyped and hidden for so long.

We have to go with the flow of the story and at this point we are getting less and less well know fighters to make the Top 10 and the flow of the story for Brianne means that with a New Transformation comes a Good amount of time Presenting that to the Story, one that does not last 1 episode. So that is why I find it hard to figure into the story Brianne and U2's faith being in any major danger.

Again I can be wrong, but if I am I don't even want to guess what Toei was thinking in writing something like that. :crazy: :|
Kale already got eliminated and her peak was below SSJG level, at least we now Brianne is going to surpass Kale(if she will force 17 to fight at full power).

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:48 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote:

Kale already got eliminated and her peak was below SSJG level, at least we now Brianne is going to surpass Kale(if she will force 17 to fight at full power).
I thought Kale would go farther in this but I think I get what was going one with her whole story.

Yea sadly she did not make it to the finals, but after thinking about it I think that was the point. They 1st showed Kale as being a force by being the In Canon Broly of the Series, that alone makes you notice her power and take note of it!

Next Kale is all about making her Sis Caulifla happy with her and being with her, so the both the Working together with Caulifla tag-team and then their Fusion was likely the Best thing Kale would have wanted and that is being Wanted and being important to her sis.

Also, this leaves the ideal that they are Powerful as individuals, but more Together, but they are still young and have a latter to go up. They are not shown to peak to early otherwise their is not much left to go above. Like Goku with Beerus, Goku is the objective the girls want to be able to beat and not that they showed they can at least make him have to use his best, they are at least on notice on having much potential.

So while it is sad they did not make it to the end, what was more important is their character arcs and what more can be gained for them in the future.
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:36 am

perucho1990 wrote:
Kale was actually fighting evenly with Super Saiyan God Goku. They scuffled evenly twice and Kale deflected a blast from Super Saiyan God Goku. She also took a punch in the face and had no marks on her.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:47 am

Noah wrote:
IKR? At this point EoZ gets more and more unbelievable. Why would Goku care about boy that is at least Kid Boo-tier when he had met God Of Destructions, Angels, strong guys from other universes and El Grande Padre the Grand Priest that are worlds and worlds above that level? It doesn't make a frickin sense and before you say:

"Oh but he wants Oob because of his potential, remember Freeza, 4 months..." Oh yeah and why would Goku waste his time training him to reach his level when he could spar with characters a lot more stronger than Oob?

For F's sake I'm really curious if either Toei or Toyotaro are going to rewrite EoZ, they got to make believable somehow, maybe some BS like Oob born with God Ki or whatever.
Maybe they will hand out UI to Uub like they handed SSJ to the kids and U6 Saiyans.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:33 am

I actually think that's the most predictable outcome. I don't much care for her, but I'm hoping she actually stays a bit and gets some eliminations with her new form because otherwise her whole focus would just seem like a waste of time.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:40 am

HeroR wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:
Kale was actually fighting evenly with Super Saiyan God Goku. They scuffled evenly twice and Kale deflected a blast from Super Saiyan God Goku. She also took a punch in the face and had no marks on her.
Didn't goku tanked her attack plus she was struggling to deflect his blast
But yeah she low ssjg tier compared to how caulifa was fodder to ssjg

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:45 am

pacz360 wrote::thumbup:
HeroR wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:
Didn't goku tanked her attack plus she was struggling to deflect his blast
But yeah she low ssjg tier compared to how caulifa was fodder to ssjg
I wouldn't call it 'low Super Saiyan God' since Goku didn't harm her. She just couldn't really harm Goku either, so it was more or less a tie power-wise. Kale's biggest problem is that her fighting skills are below Goku or even Cali's, and she's too depended on Cali. She was nearly ring out because she was so concern with Cali instead of fighting Goku.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

funrush

Post by funrush » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:36 am

Noah wrote:

Because until Super, the main idea Toriyama was trying to push was Goku passing the torch to the next generation. Goku makes Gohan a SS2 and chooses to stay dead so Gohan is Earth's new protector. He chooses not to kill Majin Buu as a SS3 because he wants to teach Goten and Trunks fusion. He leaves to train Uub not because he wants a sparring partner, but because he's aware of his mortality and doesn't want Earth to put all its eggs in one basket. Z Goku is a much more thoughtful character than Super Goku, oddly enough.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:43 am

New Generation this and that, and yet Goku always has to come back to save the day.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:49 am

funrush wrote: Because until Super, the main idea Toriyama was trying to push was Goku passing the torch to the next generation. Goku makes Gohan a SS2 and chooses to stay dead so Gohan is Earth's new protector. He chooses not to kill Majin Buu as a SS3 because he wants to teach Goten and Trunks fusion. He leaves to train Uub not because he wants a sparring partner, but because he's aware of his mortality and doesn't want Earth to put all its eggs in one basket. Z Goku is a much more thoughtful character than Super Goku, oddly enough.
Yes he did. Goku even admitted that the real reason he wanted to train Uub was so he could fight him. Him being another protector of Earth was just a bonus and something he said to make his family feel better about him leaving.
Kanassa wrote: