"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

emperior
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by emperior » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:58 pm

So, in RoF, Whis told Goku and Vegeta their weaknesses.
Goku’s was his habit of getting caught off-guard, while Vegeta’s flaw was that he thinks too much about his attacks.
Goku solves his flaw with the defensive UI, which makes me think Vegeta will probably achieve the offensive UI first, to fix his flaw.
Whis specifically telling Vegeta about UI in the manga is probably foreshadowing and another hint that Vegeta is definitely getting something in this arc. Maybe this will finally be the time that the two Saiyans will work together to bring down a stronger foe.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:02 pm

Scan for episode 118:

Last edited by TheDipDap1234 on Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:02 pm

pacz360 wrote:I find it funny how toshio been quite as of late usually he would be saying something
He was probably told to shut up. The last thing he spoiled us is that he finished writing a cool Vegeta scene on the first week of September, meaning it will air at the earliest on Christmas week.

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:26 pm

HeroR wrote:
The_Destroyer wrote:So Zirloin is fodder? Fuck this show! Why does every universe except 6,7, and 11 have weak fighters? God damn it Katopesla, you better have more power in that suit.
Looking at your avatar, maybe you have habit of backing the loser.
Nah you've got it all wrong. Zirloin and Katopesla have cool designs so that's why I root for them. Then again I root for Yamcha because he's got a cool design and cool techniques, so maybe you're right :lol:

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:28 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:Hopefully 118 doesn't boil down to "It's a tough fight because Gohan doesn't just use his Ultimate state, which does not drain stamina or have drawbacks."
Pointless fight if that happens and will be another example of big differences in power ruining the show.

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:31 pm

emperior wrote:So, in RoF, Whis told Goku and Vegeta their weaknesses.
Goku’s was his habit of getting caught off-guard, while Vegeta’s flaw was that he thinks too much about his attacks.
Goku solves his flaw with the defensive UI, which makes me think Vegeta will probably achieve the offensive UI first, to fix his flaw.

Whis specifically telling Vegeta about UI in the manga is probably foreshadowing and another hint that Vegeta is definitely getting something in this arc. Maybe this will finally be the time that the two Saiyans will work together to bring down a stronger foe.
LOL, I thought the SAME thing earlier today :lol: I also think the Oracle Fish detailing in the manga that Goku AND Vegeta will one day both be formidable opponents for Beerus is also an obvious foreshadowing too.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:50 pm

Talking about Gohan why he don't turn SSJ anymore? We got the confirmation he can use this form and also turn 'Ultimate', Piccolo was owning his ass as SSJ2 and now is struggling with some guys that Base Gohan is dealing with ease.

HeroR wrote:
pacz360 wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote:I honestly love Goku and i understand he's the lead but does he have to appear on every episode?
Ths Toei we're talking about the same people responsible for GT
Except Toriyama writes the main plot for Super and Super also have different writing staff than GT. Toei isn't some single entity where everyone thinks alike.
Except that this 'main plot' has significant deviations from anime to manga confirmed to be either Toyotaro or Toei adds, so yeah Toriyama is not full responsible of the series like some people may think.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:59 pm

There is no ‘defensive and offensive’ UI. Whis only said that attacking in UI is harder than dodging since everyone thinks what attacks are best.

And Whis told Vegeta about UI in the manga since the manga skipped all of Resurrection ‘F’ and Toyo needed Whis to explain UI.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

funrush
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by funrush » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:05 pm

I wonder if Piccolo is gonna make it out of 118. Isn't he the next U7 fighter to go if the opening theory is to be believed?

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:05 pm

HeroR wrote:There is no ‘defensive and offensive’ UI. Whis only said that attacking in UI is harder than dodging since everyone thinks what attacks are best.
The "offensive UI" would be a kind of Ultra Instinct where the body figures out how to attack without asking the brain, much like the "defensive UI" is a kind of Ultra Instinct where the body figures out how to dodge without asking the brain. The line you're pointing out is exactly what's given birth to that idea. Maybe he "only" said as much, but that's also all he needed to say. "Everyone thinks what attacks are best," as you put it? Having an offensive UI would remove the need for such thoughts.
Surely you know how speculative this fandom is by now. If there's anything to latch on to, we will. That's all part of the fun, isn't it? :P
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:09 pm

Alruneia wrote:
HeroR wrote:There is no ‘defensive and offensive’ UI. Whis only said that attacking in UI is harder than dodging since everyone thinks what attacks are best.
The "offensive UI" would be a kind of Ultra Instinct where the body figures out how to attack without asking the brain, much like the "defensive UI" is a kind of Ultra Instinct where the body figures out how to dodge without asking the brain. The line you're pointing out is exactly what's given birth to that idea. Maybe he "only" said as much, but that's also all he needed to say. "Everyone thinks what attacks are best," as you put it? Having an offensive UI would remove the need for such thoughts.
Surely you know how speculative this fandom is by now. If there's anything to latch on to, we will. That's all part of the fun, isn't it? :P
To me, it comes off as stretching since fans also thought Vegeta had or experience UI already because he wasn’t salty in 110.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:09 pm

funrush wrote:I wonder if Piccolo is gonna make it out of 118. Isn't he the next U7 fighter to go if the opening theory is to be believed?
He was holding the 2 star ball so it is wrong.

18 should be next out.

funrush
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by funrush » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:14 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
funrush wrote:I wonder if Piccolo is gonna make it out of 118. Isn't he the next U7 fighter to go if the opening theory is to be believed?

18 should be next out.
It's kinda hard to tell cause it's blurry, but the general consensus I've seen is that it's Krillin, Tien, Roshi, Piccolo, 17, 18, Freeza. And that was the supposed lineup before Tien was even eliminated. I'm inclined to believe it right now, but maybe it is just a lucky coincidence.

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:20 pm

funrush wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:

18 should be next out.
It's kinda hard to tell cause it's blurry, but the general consensus I've seen is that it's Krillin, Tien, Roshi, Piccolo, 17, 18, Freeza. And that was the supposed lineup before Tien was even eliminated. I'm inclined to believe it right now, but maybe it is just a lucky coincidence.
That theory is stupid. we can barely see the number of the stars i don't know how people can believe it tbh. especially that they have 18 to be outlasting Piccolo and even 17 which is not something that would likely happen.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:26 pm

Lapislettuce wrote:
funrush wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:

18 should be next out.
That theory is stupid. we can barely see the number of the stars i don't know how people can believe it tbh. especially that they have 18 to be outlasting Piccolo and even 17 which is not something that would likely happen.
It is stupid as 18 will not go after 17 and Piccolo and Frieza will almost certainly be in the last 2.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:48 pm

It probably won't happen, but I'd love a team up of Gokû and Vegeta that is not fusion but actual teamwork with Gokû doing this UI defense and Vegeta UI offense.

But I get that for reasons mentioned already that it won't happen.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:21 pm

Vegeta isn't getting UI offence. The reason Goku doesn't have it is because it's harder than UI defence. So why would Vegeta get that without getting UI defence first ? People will theorize anything to make Vegeta and Gohan look more relevant than they are .
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:13 pm

What surprises me is how will Vegeta even get a UI version of something that even Goku hasnt tapped into despite Vegeta being the over thinker type. Whis said both Goku and Vegeta thinks too much, especially Vegeta... so how? when at best he just now figured out what Whis was literally trying to teach them?

Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kaiosama » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:58 pm

HeroR wrote:
There is no ‘defensive and offensive’ UI. Whis only said that attacking in UI is harder than dodging since everyone thinks what attacks are best.

And Whis told Vegeta about UI in the manga since the manga skipped all of Resurrection ‘F’ and Toyo needed Whis to explain UI.
Vegeta is not getting UI this arc lol. It would be garbage writing if he did since the way he fights makes him incompatible for it. This is Goku's arc. He should be the only one who gets UI and defeats Jiren! Nobody else needs any asspull power-ups. Vegeta needs to be left in the dust. He should never have gotten Blue. The only two people from U7 that should be close to Goku are Frieza and Gohan. They have talent that matches or exceeds Goku's. Vegeta is just a follower who wants to be Goku 2.0 and serves as the show's main jobber.

Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kaiosama » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:03 am

Piccolo fusing with the U6 Namekians would be garbage writing and so predictable. He doesn't deserve to be relevant. Namekians aren't Saiyans. They aren't naturally gifted like them. It literally makes no sense to give Piccolo another asspull. The guy should have retired from fighting long ago.