"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:41 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Michsi wrote:
Doesn't matter, we got to see him think and strategize, and make use of his abilities in new and creative ways. He managed to find a way to hide from Prum- or whatever his name was- twice and it was only because of something unexpected that he was forced to back down. I'm fan of powerful and cool moves, but I love characters that strategize and are seen to think things through just as much.
102 is a bit tricky since I don't remember the details that well , but I think I remember him intentionally luring his opponent away.
What ability he used in a creative way? His way of hiding was going under a rock.
You need to go watch the episode again then.
You mean him heating rocks and making a smoke scene. Clever, but not creative. Or do you mean something else?
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:42 pm

HeroR wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
HeroR wrote:
What ability he used in a creative way? His way of hiding was going under a rock.
You mean him heating rocks and making a smoke scene. Clever, but not creative. Or do you mean something else?
Yes that.

I think the majority of us don't realise how dangerous Hermila's attacks actually were and that Piccolo did well in keeping both him and Gohan still in the tournament until Tien came along and finished Hermila. It actually represented what this Battle Royale should be.

Tien actually took out someone that could do real damage due to the kind of attack that was used and because he didn't survive along with Piccolo's arms everyone forgets about Hermila's attack.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:17 pm

HeroR wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
HeroR wrote:
My favorite thing was how he used his extended arm ability to gauge an attack out of Prum to figure out his location without giving away their's. And yes, later how he figured out they could be tracked using body heat and came up with the idea of heating up the rocks around them to mask their presence.
Most couldn't get past the meat shield bit-which really was a bad move story wise- but other than that, the episode treated him pretty well considering he wasn't supposed to be the highlight.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:31 pm

I wonder if Goku will use SSJ God another time before attaining UI again.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:34 pm

Noah wrote:
Lupin879 wrote:I do not know if is not true but
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Ultra Instinct Vegeta? I can't believe it!
Ugh if true.

The lack of creativity in giving different things to different characters is sort of disturbing. I know this happens in plenty other Shonen but none so obvious as Dragon Ball. C`mon, surprise me Toryama/Toei!
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:38 pm

Olympian wrote:The lack of creativity in giving different things to different characters is sort of disturbing. I know this happens in plenty other Shonen but none so obvious as Dragon Ball. C`mon, surprise me Toryama/Toei!
I was joking, mate :lol:

But what would be your defintion of "surprise"? UI Krillin? lol
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:40 pm

Noah wrote:
Olympian wrote:The lack of creativity in giving different things to different characters is sort of disturbing. I know this happens in plenty other Shonen but none so obvious as Dragon Ball. C`mon, surprise me Toryama/Toei!

Everyone remaining in the stage gets UI expect from Vegeta.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:42 pm

Whatever wrote:
Noah wrote:

Everyone remaining in the stage gets UI expect from Vegeta.
Jiren pulls a Goku and steals it just by looking at Goku
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:52 pm

Olympian wrote:
Noah wrote:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Ugh if true.

The lack of creativity in giving different things to different characters is sort of disturbing. I know this happens in plenty other Shonen but none so obvious as Dragon Ball. C`mon, surprise me Toryama/Toei!
Ultra instinct and God ki are okay with me . Ultra instinct is a technique, and God ki is just the next level that anyone can aquire. It would be cool if they got different super Saiyan forms though.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:03 pm

Olympian wrote:
Noah wrote:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Ugh if true.

I guess you missed the part where people said it was from an old fake. Not only does the scan not mention Ultra Instinct, the episode dates are clearly seen and are April and May, showing how old this fake is.

Also Vegeta will get UI, at least eventually, it's the thing that Whis has been trying to teach both Goku and Vegeta since F, before Super was even a thing, it's not some Goku exclusive thing, it's a top tier technique. It's not even a Saiyan thing, which is the most exciting thing to me.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:08 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
Olympian wrote:
Noah wrote:
Ugh if true.

I guess you missed the part where people said it was from an old fake. Not only does the scan not mention Ultra Instinct, the episode dates are clearly seen and are April and May, showing how old this fake is.

Also Vegeta will get UI, at least eventually, it's the thing that Whis has been trying to teach both Goku and Vegeta since F, before Super was even a thing, it's not some Goku exclusive thing, it's a top tier technique. It's not even a Saiyan thing, which is the most exciting thing to me.
Yes I missed it, thanks for the confirmation.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

funrush
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by funrush » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:09 pm

Vegeta attaining UI by the end of the tournament makes sense because that means the Potara would be used to get UI Vegito.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:13 pm

kinisking wrote:
Olympian wrote:
Noah wrote:
Ugh if true.

Ultra instinct and God ki are okay with me . Ultra instinct is a technique, and God ki is just the next level that anyone can aquire. It would be cool if they got different super Saiyan forms though.
I would just like to see clear diversity within the main cast instead of everyone following the same pattern. This is 2017. Give Vegeta something that doesn`t just look with what Goku got.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:57 pm

Olympian wrote:
Noah wrote:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Ugh if true.

Even tho the info is fake. I agree. Vegeta should have something else.
Maybe Mastered Super Saiyan Blue from the manga.

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:58 pm

perucho1990 wrote:But tbh I always believed that Toriyama made Mai relevant was his way of saying "Hey DBE I can make Mai a better character than your crappy movie".

In 2 weeks we get the next batch of spoilers and 1 more week after, Jump Festa info.

What can we get? A sequel to DBS? Planet Sadala Arc? OVAs/Specials?
I'm thinking a new series (with new name) debuting directly after Super is granted, but not just yet. Based on all the interviews, it seems that they're not wrapping up Super era (up to the EOZ point) at the end of TOP arc, nor are they even ready for it writing-wise so I'm thinking another ~50 episodes with new opening before a massive change of any sort (like going past EOZ or even doing something completly different, like Time Patrol Trunks series, or 1000-years-after series)

Although there's also the possibility that they will simply reanimate EOZ and include it as part of Super (same as they did with movies) and then continue the series under current brand as if going past the original manga endind was no big deal at all. But that would be the case only if the marketing departement was really pushing to keep the already established Super tag

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:47 am

Miracles wrote:
Olympian wrote:
Noah wrote:
Ugh if true.

But it really makes no sense to give Vegeta an inferior form, especially since he has been training for UI just like Goku, just to be 'different'.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:04 am

HeroR wrote:
Miracles wrote:
Olympian wrote:
Ugh if true.

But it really makes no sense to give Vegeta an inferior form, especially since he has been training for UI just like Goku, just to be 'different'.
I was under the impression that finally utilizing all of god's power constantly would make one the strongest.
Considering Goku was able to battle a fused immortal equally.

Well never mind.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:18 am

Miracles wrote: I was under the impression that finally utilizing all of god's power constantly would make one the strongest.

Well never mind.
Vegeta at best, going how Mastered Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan works in the manga, would be par with Blue Kaioken. Which multiplier is debatable. Even if we say that Mastered Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan surpassed Blue Kaioken x20, that still would be severely below UI.

Overall, Vegeta trained for UI just like Goku, so it makes no sense for Vegeta to work towards an inferior form, especially if it's only for the sake of being unique. That only really works if Vegeta finds a form equal to UI, while also being unique to him, like what Rage was Trunks.
Last edited by HeroR on Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kanassa wrote:

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:20 am

HeroR wrote:
Miracles wrote: I was under the impression that finally utilizing all of god's power constantly would make one the strongest.

Well never mind.
Vegeta at best, going how Mastered Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan works in the manga, would be par with Blue Kaioken. Which multiplier is debatable. Even if we saw that Mastered Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan surpassed Blue Kaioken x20, that still would be severely below UI.

Overall, Vegeta trained for UI just like Goku, so it makes no sense for Vegeta to work towards an inferior form, especially if it's only for the sake of being unique. That only really works if Vegeta finds a form equal to UI, while also being unique to him, like of like what Rage was Trunks.
I see.

Lupin879
Beyond Newbie

Post by Lupin879 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:11 am

Noah wrote:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
what does say? can you translate all please?