"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:48 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I'm going to bet that Jiren will probably beat Aniraza. He will show up on the last minute to defeat him.
I would love that, because it would be good seeing other team besides U7 team being responsible for another Universe erasure.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:25 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I'm going to bet that Jiren will probably beat Aniraza. He will show up on the last minute to defeat him.
That would be quite a turn off, just let all remaining fighters of U7 fight together and defeat this eyesore, it is consistent with what has been presented so far in this arc.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

darzap
Beyond Newbie

Post by darzap » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:49 pm

Here's my speculation for the next couple of episodes:
121: Aniraza & #18 get eliminated
reasoning: #18 has done more than enough and 122 is strongly hinted to be Vegeta vs. Jiren
122: Vegeta challenges Jiren without UI specifically to allow Goku to power up for 123
reasoning: This would be similar to the Vegeta vs. Kid Buu, which was hinted to be an inspiration for the cool Vegeta episode (that we expected in January) by Toshio posting that Manga panel on twitter. It would be somewhat selfless (it is not the most glorious role in the battle) and would warrant the title. Vegeta gets tossed out.
123: Goku vs. Jiren
reasoning: the title strongly hints at the perfection of UI
somewhere along the way #17, Dyspo and Toppo get dropped.
end result: exhausted and/or defeated Goku, no Vegeta, no #17, no #18, exhausted Gohan, perfect setup for a grand Freeza scheme reveal, possibly leading into the next arc or an Ultimate Gohan vs. Golden Freeza finale.

Obviously there are things speaking against that. Vegeta's wish for the Super Dragon Balls is the only one of the (admittedly few) known wishes that makes sense and gets us U6 back, which will probably be used in the future, and Vegeta has made a promise there. If the finale was Vegeta vs. Freeza, that would be sensible for a few reasons: Goku still gets to shine the most by defeating Jiren, Vegeta can settle his score with Freeza once and for all and get an important role as well and it would provide a natural setup for the restoration of U6. However, there is nothing specifically hinting at that scenario, so it is pure speculation.

A funny/whacky way to resolve the Freeza issue would be to have him be one of the last two surviving contestant (the other being some completely exhausted U7 character) and have him give a big speech on how he planned for this to happen and save his strength, just to have him plop back into hell before doing anything evil because his time ran out after he used too much energy during the Golden Freeza moments (similarly to how Goku shouldn't use SSJ3 during his day back on earth).

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:56 pm

i hope the u7 vs u11 is an actual free for all with all the fights going on at once and being cutaway too and being interrupted by other fighters. This tournament has barely felt like a battle royale and they can rectify that

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:59 pm

I see they dragging this battle with Anizara until the last episode of the year, then we start January with U7 vs. U11
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

BlueVegerot
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BlueVegerot » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:42 pm

Noah wrote:I see they dragging this battle with Anizara until the last episode of the year, then we start January with U7 vs. U11
next week is the last episode of the year

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:12 pm

Noah wrote:I see they dragging this battle with Anizara until the last episode of the year, then we start January with U7 vs. U11
I mean, there's only one episode left in the year, so of course they're "dragging" this battle with Aniraza until the last episode of the year. It's impossible to not.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:29 pm

Alruneia wrote:I mean, there's only one episode left in the year, so of course they're "dragging" this battle with Aniraza until the last episode of the year. It's impossible to not.
There's no episode in Dec 31st? :o
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Big Chief
Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Chief » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:30 pm

Noah wrote:
Alruneia wrote:I mean, there's only one episode left in the year, so of course they're "dragging" this battle with Aniraza until the last episode of the year. It's impossible to not.
There's no episode in Dec 31st? :o
Yes, that's an off week.
Some know me as GigglesMcFiggles.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:34 pm

Big Chief wrote:Yes, that's an off week.
Oh, I see... But if my predictions are right and U7 vs. U11 starts in early January, you guys think they would drag this final clash until March? It would be unberable, I can see the ToP ending in early February.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:49 pm

darzap wrote:Here's my speculation for the next couple of episodes:
121: Aniraza & #18 get eliminated
reasoning: #18 has done more than enough and 122 is strongly hinted to be Vegeta vs. Jiren
122: Vegeta challenges Jiren without UI specifically to allow Goku to power up for 123
reasoning: This would be similar to the Vegeta vs. Kid Buu, which was hinted to be an inspiration for the cool Vegeta episode (that we expected in January) by Toshio posting that Manga panel on twitter. It would be somewhat selfless (it is not the most glorious role in the battle) and would warrant the title. Vegeta gets tossed out.
123: Goku vs. Jiren
reasoning: the title strongly hints at the perfection of UI
somewhere along the way #17, Dyspo and Toppo get dropped.
end result: exhausted and/or defeated Goku, no Vegeta, no #17, no #18, exhausted Gohan, perfect setup for a grand Freeza scheme reveal, possibly leading into the next arc or an Ultimate Gohan vs. Golden Freeza finale.

Obviously there are things speaking against that. Vegeta's wish for the Super Dragon Balls is the only one of the (admittedly few) known wishes that makes sense and gets us U6 back, which will probably be used in the future, and Vegeta has made a promise there. If the finale was Vegeta vs. Freeza, that would be sensible for a few reasons: Goku still gets to shine the most by defeating Jiren, Vegeta can settle his score with Freeza once and for all and get an important role as well and it would provide a natural setup for the restoration of U6. However, there is nothing specifically hinting at that scenario, so it is pure speculation.

A funny/whacky way to resolve the Freeza issue would be to have him be one of the last two surviving contestant (the other being some completely exhausted U7 character) and have him give a big speech on how he planned for this to happen and save his strength, just to have him plop back into hell before doing anything evil because his time ran out after he used too much energy during the Golden Freeza moments (similarly to how Goku shouldn't use SSJ3 during his day back on earth).
People keep saying that, but the problem is that "True" Golden Frieza doesn't waste energy like Super Saiyan 3 does anymore.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:50 pm

Noah wrote:
Oh, I see... But if my predictions are right and U7 vs. U11 starts in early January, you guys think they would drag this final clash until March? It would be unberable, I can see the ToP ending in early February.
Yeah, and then the Poachers stuff after the ToP, lasting until early March.

With the new movie set for December 2018 its smart if they want to end the ToP asap before the quality goes down.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:53 pm

perucho1990 wrote:Yeah, and then the Poachers stuff after the ToP, lasting until early March.
One month and a half on episodes about the adventures of Goten & Trunks in a island and Yamcha's routine? I can't WAIT
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:30 pm

There's no way the TOP is ending before March, it'll probably end by mid-March.

Toppo/Dyspo versus U7 is bound to go on a few episodes, and then the climax with Jiren probably won't be any less than 4-5 episodes. Then there's still the aftermath of whatever happens directly after the tournament ends, if the universes get brought back, what happens with Freeza, etc.

That'll probably be 3 more months worth of episodes in this arc, not even counting whatever slice of life filler happens after.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:22 pm

They need to end the tournament before the anime quality goes down, the Top animators will be busy working in the movie and making sure its great.

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:03 pm

perucho1990 wrote:They need to end the tournament before the anime quality goes down, the Top animators will be busy working in the movie and making sure its great.
Yeah, I feel like they should give DBS (not just the ToP, but the series) a break for a while.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:42 pm

darzap wrote:A funny/whacky way to resolve the Freeza issue would be to have him be one of the last two surviving contestant (the other being some completely exhausted U7 character) and have him give a big speech on how he planned for this to happen and save his strength, just to have him plop back into hell before doing anything evil because his time ran out after he used too much energy during the Golden Freeza moments (similarly to how Goku shouldn't use SSJ3 during his day back on earth).
That would be funny but wouldn't change much since Goku promised to ressurect him after the tournament.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:47 pm

alakazam^ wrote:
darzap wrote:A funny/whacky way to resolve the Freeza issue would be to have him be one of the last two surviving contestant (the other being some completely exhausted U7 character) and have him give a big speech on how he planned for this to happen and save his strength, just to have him plop back into hell before doing anything evil because his time ran out after he used too much energy during the Golden Freeza moments (similarly to how Goku shouldn't use SSJ3 during his day back on earth).
That would be funny but wouldn't change much since Goku promised to ressurect him after the tournament.
Using what, the Dragonballs that were used to previously revive him?

Don't people remember that the Dragonball can't grant the same wish twice?

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:48 pm

alakazam^ wrote:That would be funny but wouldn't change much since Goku promised to ressurect him after the tournament.
And it would be OOC if Goku didn't kept his promise?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:23 pm

God dammit. I really want spoilers for 122 already. I want to know if vegeta is gonna get hummiliated, or hummiliated and trown of (there seems to be no other option, hes up against basically a god of destruction, or even worst)