"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Kaiosama » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:02 pm

It's not character hate when it's talking about legitimate writing problems that hurt the story. Regardless of character loyalty... You can't deny that this arc has been poorly written and quite predictable.

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:03 pm

Birusu16 wrote:
Kaiosama wrote:
Birusu16 wrote:
You're arguing with an obvious Goku fan and Vegeta hater. It's pointless trying to use reason with him.

Back on topic:

Vegeta and 17 had great runs, so I'm fine with them going out now. Vegeta took down a GoD level fighter and 17 has been exceeding expectations since the tournament started. 128 will probably be it for me with Super though as I have no interest in Goku vs Jiren. I'll watch 131 though for the conclusion.
Yeah, and you're an obvious Goku hater. I'm sorry we like and hate different characters. Toppo was a Hakaishin candidate. He hasn't mastered his powers and had to charge up his blasts, unlike properly tenured Hakaishin like Beerus or Belmond. Why are we celebrating Vegeta barely beating a candidate who is most likely the weakest of the Hakaishin? Especially with the horrible writing that went into it? Last five episodes is Vegeta saying "Pride blah blah blah, Cabba blah blah blah, my promise blah blah blah" It's quite boring and repetitive.

And why are we celebrating 17 overstaying his welcome in this tournament where he's contributing absolutely nothing except prolonging Vegeta being eliminated? We could have just had 17 in bleachers in 124 and Goku could have tapped into UI again so we could have gotten a longer final battle. That would have made more sense narrative-wise, rather than the pandering going on to help placate fans of different characters at the cost of telling a good story. Think about it. There's literally no point to have 17 still in the tournament when his power has been eclipsed by this much.
I don't hate Goku. I just have no interest in him. There's a difference. I'm not even going to respond to the rest as it's just more character hate that isn't worth addressing.
Grimlock wrote:
vashter wrote:Lol.... you are hilarious I know you will watch it, don't be a fuck boy.
There's nothing hilarious about that, actually. As I'm not interested in more Goku fights either (mainly if it means more unnecessary transformations/power-ups/mastering). I'll watch indeed, but only because I have interest in its conclusion instead. As a matter of fact, I don't even remember when was the last time I was hyped for something related to Dragon Ball Super...
Pretty much. Jiren hasn't done anything to gain my interest in this entire arc and I've never cared for Goku, so there's no reason for me to even watch the fight. Fights aren't interesting to me if the characters involved in them aren't.
Don’t watch it. I’m sure no one is forcing you too. But youle watch anyway.

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:05 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Birusu16 wrote:
Kaiosama wrote:
Yeah, and you're an obvious Goku hater. I'm sorry we like and hate different characters. Toppo was a Hakaishin candidate. He hasn't mastered his powers and had to charge up his blasts, unlike properly tenured Hakaishin like Beerus or Belmond. Why are we celebrating Vegeta barely beating a candidate who is most likely the weakest of the Hakaishin? Especially with the horrible writing that went into it? Last five episodes is Vegeta saying "Pride blah blah blah, Cabba blah blah blah, my promise blah blah blah" It's quite boring and repetitive.

And why are we celebrating 17 overstaying his welcome in this tournament where he's contributing absolutely nothing except prolonging Vegeta being eliminated? We could have just had 17 in bleachers in 124 and Goku could have tapped into UI again so we could have gotten a longer final battle. That would have made more sense narrative-wise, rather than the pandering going on to help placate fans of different characters at the cost of telling a good story. Think about it. There's literally no point to have 17 still in the tournament when his power has been eclipsed by this much.
I don't hate Goku. I just have no interest in him. There's a difference. I'm not even going to respond to the rest as it's just more character hate that isn't worth addressing.
Grimlock wrote:
There's nothing hilarious about that, actually. As I'm not interested in more Goku fights either (mainly if it means more unnecessary transformations/power-ups/mastering). I'll watch indeed, but only because I have interest in its conclusion instead. As a matter of fact, I don't even remember when was the last time I was hyped for something related to Dragon Ball Super...
Pretty much. Jiren hasn't done anything to gain my interest in this entire arc and I've never cared for Goku, so there's no reason for me to even watch the fight. Fights aren't interesting to me if the characters involved in them aren't.
I won't, which is what I already said. :lol:

People seem to think that just because you're a DB fan means you'll watch anything with the name DB on it. Maybe that is the case with some people, but it certainly isn't with me.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:13 pm

Birusu16 wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Birusu16 wrote:

People seem to think that just because you're a DB fan means you'll watch anything with the name DB on it. Maybe that is the case with some people, but it certainly isn't with me.
That’s good

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:28 pm

Olympian wrote:
Totamo wrote: You damn well know it does when it comes to money otherwise they wouldn't be making toys and so many shonen parodying his todeath.
Sure he`s become a popular meme but he`s not the only one. Vegeta has a vribrating crying figure now (same line as Yamcha`s death pose figure I guess) on top of his Bingo Dance and "Badman" figurines. The meme being exploited is par the course for the Shonen culture.
Totamo wrote: Yamcha unlike every other character was never really that respected by Toriyama. He was a jobber in the tournaments, was dumped by Bulma several times, then gets killed by the weakest enemy in all of z and before you say it could have happened to any other human, it only happened to Yamcha that we saw and then the biggest disrespect he loses his girl to the man who indirectly killed him.
A bit of revisionista theory going on, but okay. First, how can you tell he was "never" respected or otherwise? Let`s look at the points you mention.

Considering he always faced someone strong enough/potentially stronger than Goku, how much of a jobber does that make him? Let`s compare his track record in the original series with say, Kuririn.

Yamcha saves the gang (Oolong, Bulma and Goku) lives, comes with the idea to stop Pilaf`s wish and is the one actively stoping Oozaru Goku in the opening main arc. Both he and Kuririn face Goku in the early days and Yamcha does better between the two. In the 21st Bodukai, Yamcha is taken out by Roshi, whereas Kuririn does better against him at the semis. The kick on the other hand is that you can`t hardly compare since Kuririn does as well because he was trained under Roshi, Yamcha wasn`t.

Next, the gang faces the RRA and performs at Baba`s Tournament. At the RRA arc, does Kuririn does that well against General Blue? Not that I recall, apart from showing tenancy and guts. At Baba`s, he acts all cocky and is quickly taken out by Fangs. Yamcha comes up with the plan to win that round and go in the second. While Kuririn does come next with the idea to help Yamcha against the Invisible Man, it was made clear Yamcha wouldn`t have needed it if Baba hadn`t cheat so he wouldn`t hear the opponent`s foosteps. Next, Yamcha faces Bandage Man and despite being clearly overpowered, by sheer grit manages to sweap him off the ring and take take the big guy by surprise. Goku clears the rest with Karin`s Water zenkai (altho Gohan is another story). Yamcha is then accepted under Roshi with his performance.

22nd Bodukai. Yamcha faces Tenshinhan, the winner of the Tournament. In 3 years time he shows to have mastered the Kamekameha without being taught. He`s knocked out not due to lack of skill but by surprise (we`ll touch upon this on the Saibaman thing again) Kuririn faces Chiatzu and only wins because he was smarter. While is true that Dance Air gave them the advantage, In under nearly a decade his Kamehameha wasn`t at the powerscaling level of Yamcha`s and Chiaotzu was clearly overpowering him with his Ki expertise while being servicble hand to hand. Against Goku in the semis he made use of hit and run tactics.

Piccolo arc, Kuririn dies right away with a kick in the head and Yamcha is benched with the broken leg.

23rd Bodukai. Yamcha faces Shen who is Kami in disguise. Now, while he gets to be made a fool of himself the chapter is all about perceptions. Everybody, Kuririn included, saw Shen as an easy pick. Roshi, who is usually all wise in reading opponents, clearly tought the same. All sans Goku, who sensed something weird in him. Kuririn gets a more respectable showing in not making himself a fool becaue he fought Piccolo. Enough said.

For comparison`s sake, Tenshinhan was also made a fool at in his fight with Goku. Not only at the arena and to the public because of the patsy but in his own eyes when at the end he recgonize how far behind he truly was to Goku. He was beaten with his own techniques and Goku exploiting the flaw of a new one.

Now, was he treated in narrative as a shitty fighter? No. Despite the flaws of his style being flashy being pointed ot by one of his sensei, the same would end up accepting him as a student and see him master DA move without being taught at. Suits to remember that Yamcha is accepted by outperforming Kuririn (who had training already) and under kami by necessity of being one of the top of the world. Same narrative for example testifies his "fall out" guy status with exemplary testemonies of how strong he was. When Roshi easily takes him out, Goku is in awe exactly because he didn`t have it close as easy against Yamcha. When Yamcha feels Shen is treathing him as a kid, Shen confides in him his identity before anyone and claims that with just a bit more training he would surpass him, that he wa merely simply stronger at that point.

Let`s recall the jump Yamcha and the others made with Kami and Popo in less than a year. So, while Kuririn and Tenshinhan were considered graduates by Roshi, Yamcha was given the peep talk of surpassing GOD by the very same. Not bad, not bad.
Totamo wrote:was always treated like dirt when it came to fighting.
After what I listed, you need to especify. Keep in mind that just like Yamcha, the moment Kuririn faced someone in Goku`s league he was also out of the main four or was the first to go as well (Saiyan arc basically starts with him being one shot by Raditz tail). Chiatzu was truly given the dirt by losing to Cyborg Tao and anyone can tell it was done so Tenshinhan would break any ties with their former sensei. I rater Chiatzu and Tenshinhan fought and had a vs showcasing ground fight against physic attacks.

Chiatzu was given the dirt because unlike Yamcha, he was regalated to Tenshinhan`s sidekick.
Totamo wrote: Why can't Yamcha be both, because he was never fucking both. Why can't Toriyama subvert expectations about Yamcha? Because they are none to subvert. No lie, I have Yamcha fans in real life and they liked him because he sucks since I have been a fan for 7 years. You are an anomaly in the fandom. Mistare fusion made a video about how Toriyama assassinated Yamcha's character in the Cell saga and I could only burst out in laughter. Because his character was already dead when a saibamen blew him up and krillin takes out 5 of them

*reads above*

Yes, there is and is not even about blaiming Toei because for decades Toei actually went to the trouble of making material that made Yamcha outright stronger than Kuririn right down to the Buu arc. From fighting Tamborine with a broken leg, to fighting Olibu and Reccome. Even in the source material, despite how assassine the Saibaman bit was because it directly disregards the teachings and experience Yamcha had in fights up to that point, Toryama still made Kuririn go down the fastest against the Cell Jr. That`s not just anime filler. Ten and Yamcha both last longer until the end of the chapter.

By the way, he takes four and using his max power in one attack. While the Saibaman thing was cheap shock drama, Kuririn basically admits it would have happened to him if they haven`t switched. But this one I conceed your point because the "show, don`t tell" rule fully applies and the fickle fandom won`t bother reading the pretty lines. Likewise, I don`t think Tenshinhan was painted much better. The master tactitian turning his back on a conscious opponent and being saved only because the main bad guy wanted to make that Sai an example to not take the humans at face value. What is that? They were going with Tournaments rules to buy time for Goku to arrive? Oh, Yamcha`s Saibaman was going harder because of the humilliation the first had? Nobody ain`t got time for the story!

Is Kuririn a more important popular character thanks to his relationship to Goku? Yes. Is Kikoho of the main attacks of the whole show? Yes. But don`t pretend to think that Yamcha defenders are minority cucoos hiding in forests. As you said, you`ve been a fan for seven years. A good deal of us were there since the beginning.

Lastly, the dumping :problem: Why do people headcanon something that it was hardly there? Both he and Bulma were off and on for years and both would fly off for different reasons. Yamcha to train and Bulma because "he would be" cheating because fangirls. The last comment we got is from Future Trunks and claims Yamcha cheated so Bulma ends the relationship. She then later develops feelings for Vegeta. She never chosed one over the other. We also know that switcheroo made zero sense, that Bulma and Yamcha`s voice actors went at Toryama as if he was drunk and it was only made to easily add another Saiyan to the work.

I guess if I didn`t know any better I too would believe a fictional character "sucks at life" because a fandom so desperatly wants to box him in but thing is, I watched and read the whole thing before there was even a meme so I can tell the difference. Well that and I just naturally stand against fickle fandoms being weabos.
1. But Vegeta isn't famous for crying and most shonen it parody it, can you name one time the games parody it? Yamcha has a move called playing dead in Xenoverse both games.Let that sink in.

2. Yamcha saves them from Pilaf.......are you kidding me? Team rocket has a better track record And of course he was the one actively trying, he was the only one with a sword. Yajirobe does the exact same thing and he is not a fighter. That was Oolong, all Oolong. No, he fucking doesn't. Goku was hungry and later kicked his ass. Krillin outsmarted Goku numerous times in their training days, what are you talking about. Thats irrelevant, the point is Krillin made it farther than he did. Thats the whole point of losing and Roshi never taught them actual martial arts anyway. Yes, he lost to fangs but guess what those whole fights were jokes and can't be taken seriously especially when Puar and Upa beat one using Garlic. Alright, I am going to give Yamcha praise for learning the kamehameha, that move Goku, Krillin and Tenshinhan learned after seeing it once. NO, Tenshinhan was playing with him and that was made perfectly clear. Which is not a problem because like I said, he is quick on his feet. Again not a problem, he is weaker and slower. No, he lost because he underestimated his opponent. That thing he always did since the beginning. No, Tenshinhan wasn't. First of all, he won his two fights before this. Second, he and Goku were mostly even until Goku took off his weights and even then he lost because of two weaknesses. That was one joke and you know it was a joke and the only one at his expense not to mention in that arc, he saves everyone against Piccolo. also in that arc krillin learns how to fly. Tell me what did Yamcha do.

You are missing the point entirely. Yamcha is a shitty fighter because he doesn't win meaningful fights or tournaments. Stuff shitty fighters don't do. Krillin made it to the semi finals and Tenshinhan won one and made it to the semi finals. Details in all honesty do not matter when the main point remains the same. What are his real victories? Don't scrap the bottom of the barrel. Because you are picking stuff that you know are jokes. Thats the disrespect, I'm talking about. His accomplishments are literally jokes.

No, fucking no. Krillin was on namek, Yamcha was dead because he lost to a saibamen. Thats all there is to say regarding that.

The cell jr took him out fastest. The fuck? The cell jrs were the same strength and purposely torturing them, who cares who went down first? Goku even went down. If they wanted to, they could have killed them all. Krillin being the first to go down, is no different than Freeza killing dende before he kills Vegeta. None of you are safe and I chose who gets to live.

I just said, it doesn't matter what Krillin said. Yamcha lost to a saiabamen and Krillin took out multiple of them. Krillin could have said, Yamcha was the best of them all and it still be pathetic because of a weak the enemy is. Everyone had surpassed Raditz, why did yamcha die to one and was the only one. Yes, it was a game. Vegeta said it was a game and Yamcha's dumb ass said I would take him all at once.

Also, I know Bulma left him because he was cheating and I now its a complete nonsensical heelturn but here is the thing, Bulma and Yamcha are on and off, then when they were off, Vegeta came into picture and they never became on again. Now, what does common sense tell us. What does Yamcha's jealous ass when he talks about her baby tell us? The man who killed him kept it off.

Also, the outside reason is irrlevant, Trunks said it in the story so thats it.

Look...Yamcha sucks not because I'm a weeaboo, but because the character's name is carried with such laughter and disappointment when you remember his performance in fights that matter. Thats really all this amounts to. You can find a ton of dialogue praising the guy, but its like when people call Vegeta a genius after namek. We are shown the complete the opposite.

Toei gave him filler fights? Great, I have never spotted such obvious use of filler in my life because Yamcha was doing so well and no one even really cares. I bring those scenes up all the time when people complain about super's power scale and they say it doesn't matter.

Maybe I should be more respectful to his fans but at some point, someone has to say what we all know.

The dude is a joke.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:33 pm

Birusu16 wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Birusu16 wrote:

No, its because people have been saying "if this happens, I'm going to quit super." since trunks that now its a meme. And then they show up again bitching about a show they said they would quit. The show ends in 5 episodes anyway and it doesn't really make sense to skip 2 when you sat through 128.

Like if you want to quit, don't say it, actually do it because otherwise when you show up again bitching, I'm going to be that asshole in that comment section, laughing at you like a hyenna.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:38 pm

Kaiosama wrote:It's not character hate when it's talking about legitimate writing problems that hurt the story. Regardless of character loyalty... You can't deny that this arc has been poorly written and quite predictable.
Thats objectively false. In fact, Thats the main problem I have with this arc Is that it didn't do what I expected it to.

in fact, a lot of people have the same issue, they don't say what they say they will do.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:50 pm

vashter wrote:Lol.... you are hilarious I know you will watch it, don't be a fuck boy.
This is not even close to how we want to see people addressing each other around here. Please be more tactful and keep the grade-school insults to yourself.

And as a general reminder to everyone else, please, try not to chuck around meaningless "you're just a <character> fanboy" jabs and the like.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:55 pm

Totamo wrote:
Birusu16 wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:

No, its because people have been saying "if this happens, I'm going to quit super." since trunks that now its a meme. And then they show up again bitching about a show they said they would quit. The show ends in 5 episodes anyway and it doesn't really make sense to skip 2 when you sat through 128.

Like if you want to quit, don't say it, actually do it because otherwise when you show up again bitching, I'm going to be that asshole in that comment section, laughing at you like a hyenna.
Well that's not me. I rarely post here nowadays and I've never come here to bitch about this show anyway despite not liking it particularly much. It doesn't exactly accomplish anything, so it's pointless.

I haven't sat through every episode of Super as I've skipped plenty, so 2 more isn't going to bother me, particularly when they just don't interest me.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:02 am

Birusu16 wrote:
Totamo wrote:
Birusu16 wrote:

Well that's not me. I rarely post here nowadays and I've never come here to bitch about this show anyway despite not liking it particularly much. It doesn't exactly accomplish anything, so it's pointless.

I haven't sat through every episode of Super as I've skipped plenty, so 2 more isn't going to bother me, particularly when they just don't interest me.
alright, just don't break it, man. I will be here ready to laugh.

Low Tone G

Post by Low Tone G » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:04 am

Kaiosama wrote:It's not character hate when it's talking about legitimate writing problems that hurt the story. Regardless of character loyalty... You can't deny that this arc has been poorly written and quite predictable.
Yes! I also feel that the was very predictable, to predictable to be exact...And it's gonna be rushed as well... I didn't really get why had they to make so many recruiting episodes, especially for the U7 fighters..
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:09 am

Kaiosama wrote:Hopefully Vegeta will be forced to acknowledge Goku's superiority again which will bring his character arc back to where it was originally resolved before Super screwed that up and made him unbearable.
Everything we've seen from Vegeta since Super started and especially in the last 10 episodes shows that he's now Goku's equal which has truly brought his character full circle as it was the most natural way to continue his character post Buu's defeat.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:14 am

Can’t believe people are bitching because of spoilers now. This entire thread is people currently bitching. Did it take super ending for people to realize how flawed Super was? If y’all gone this far, might as well sit through the rest. I just enjoy Super for what it is now, a fun, but poorly writen story.

GamerSkull
Regular

Post by GamerSkull » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:22 am

Kenneth La Torre wrote:Can’t believe people are bitching because of spoilers now. This entire thread is people currently bitching. Did it take super ending for people to realize how flawed Super was? If y’all gone this far, might as well sit through the rest. I just enjoy Super for what it is now, a fun, but poorly writen story.
Basically the same for me. I think Super has a lot of problems and I'm unlikely to re-watch it (save for certain slice-of-life episodes).

However, it was still an enjoyable experience.

That being said, I would have liked the length of the 1v1 fight between Goku and Jiren to last more episodes than it did and I think Vegeta and 17 have been in the game for far too long... in fact, I think they should have just stuck with Vegeta running out of power after Toppo's defeat and had him leave the ring there... and 17 probably should have left a little sooner to give Toppo an actual elimination. That's just me personally.

Regardless of the disappointment I feel towards the series as a whole, I still plan to be there for these final episodes and just enjoy it for what it is.
"Roga Fu-Fu Ken!"

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:24 am

The problem, the fights are not entertaining enough. So people's minds wonder and focus more on the bad plot points.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:34 am

MajinVegetaPD wrote:I was hoping the series would be ending with him standing in the end as Gokus equal. Wishful thinking I know.
Everything he's done up to this point show he's his equal now, him still being in the ring or not won't change it.
IGhostUlt wrote:This confirms that Vegetas fans are worse than Gohans fans if they are complaining.
I don't think we should complain about what he's gotten but that goes for everyone as there are people saying he shouldn't have gotten anything at all.
Professor Freeza wrote:If he goes out trying to protect Goku, nothing wrong with that.
Yet you've got people saying he's now being put in his place and when a Vegeta fan talks back they get upset about it.
jeffbr92 wrote:The same way Super started with Goku vs. Beerus, I would like to see their rematch for a final episode, too bad it won't happen
You're assuming Super won't be back which it (or something else) will.

Also keep in mind that Piccolo never got a rematch with him so maybe it won't happen, regardless of DB coming back but I'm pretty sure it will.
Mercenary wrote:
"Vegeta is nearly at his physical limit and now fighting through sheer willpower(...)"
Wow, for me it's really big deal. Vegeta is awesome!
The prince will go out in style. 8)

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:39 am

MajinVegetaPD wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:Why are people complaining about Vegeta losing? He had an amazing showing. Some people are never satisfied.
I think people that are mad are tired of Vegeta getting the Kid Buu treatment. (I gully expect him to get a serious ass whooping while Goku "recovers" stamina."

A "cool Vegeta episode" should be more then him getting in a few one liners while he gets handled in humiliating fashion.

Yeah, Vegeta had his moment against Toppo, but I think people would like to see for once Vegeta standing tall in the end, and not just some fodder like he always is.
How can you be tired of something that happened only once in the franchise?
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:42 am

Nero<>Akira wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Nero<>Akira wrote:
Yes, because the one of the most consistent themes in the show is still progressing despite your losses. It happened in BOG, it happened in F with Freeza killing everyone and needing time to be rewinded, it happened in U6 (Goku would have lost if that fight continued despite Hit "limiting" himself", it happened in the FT arc especially with Trunks which was very poignant, and it should happen now. Jiren is too strong. I can't even fault Jiren though. The writers made him too strong, but it seriously isn't a problem if U7 just loses. There's nothing wrong with winning. Obviously, they've been winning a lot. And I'm sure a mastered UI Goku is way more deadly than a pre-mastered one that we have seen already. But, Goku doesn't even have the power to go beyond Kaioken x1. He's so weak that he consistently is only using a a base Kaioken in his SSB state right now. Is mastered UI that much stronger than a normal one to the point that Goku can beat Jiren without having full strength? That's a big fucking gap and one that i just don't think is plausible.
You can make the same argument about Freeza since he was the strongest being in the universe that even the gods feared and Goku's Kaioken x20 wasn't even a match for half of Freeza's power, yet he went Super Saiyan and kicked his ass.
Completely different set of power though. That was Super Saiyan as opposed to Kaioken. This is just a mastered version of the same technique that still shouldn't let him win. It's not enough.
They're really not. It only seems different now with hindsight and everything that happened after Namek.
Zamasu55 wrote:Vegeta took out a fecking God of Destruction.

When the ToP start, nobody would've predicted that. Actually, I thought the strongest character he was gonna beat was Hit.

So, it's ok.
Jiren will be beaten by Goku, who hasn't defeated ANYONE in Super.
So Kefla doesn't count for 'anyone'?
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:50 am

HeroR wrote:So Kefla doesn't count for 'anyone'?
She wasn't the main fighter of the tournament, Jiren is and that's who we want to see Goku fight as it's been built up from the very start.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:52 am

Kenneth La Torre wrote:Can’t believe people are bitching because of spoilers now. This entire thread is people currently bitching. Did it take super ending for people to realize how flawed Super was? If y’all gone this far, might as well sit through the rest. I just enjoy Super for what it is now, a fun, but poorly writen story.
So like the majority of Dragon Ball?
Kanassa wrote: