"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Chuquita » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:00 am

I find it more likely that VegettoEX has insider info on Super's ending and the movie than any popular YouTuber would imo.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

ernesth100
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ernesth100 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:17 am

Anyone else feel extremely dissatisfied that the series is over and we have no idea on a backstory for characters like Hit, any God of Destruction(at least one guys come on, one isn't hard, doesn't even have to be Beerus first), or the Angels? And all we get about Jiren is a half assed half baked origin. It could be expanded upon more to sound originalish, but rn Jiren's an Uchiha.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:27 am

Professor Freeza wrote:Geekdom has got shit. The arse is a giant egoistic con man. Have you ever seen his ego work against other Youtubers who he isn't friends with? Is he the messiah? He ALWAYS BS's people and says he doesn't.

Carefully analyze his NEP Videos. He knows Jackshit. Always says wrong stuffs.
Whatever you may think about him, he's also a fairly active member here. But even if he wasn't, let's try not to needlessly insult people and sling mud like that.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:59 am

Super's ending connecting with EOZ shouldn't surprise anyone though. In fact, it's by far the more logical choice compared to the cliffhanger end, especially given how Toriyama stated he intended to have everything fit with EOZ. One of the things that we find out in EOZ is that Bulma (and possibly Vegeta) haven't seen Goku in about 5 years, and in order for that to remain true, nothing of note has to happen during that time.

One thing though, and I apologize if this has been already mentioned, but I remember Herms talking about Tweet from Toshio Furukawa (Piccolo's VA) that said how the final episode of Super could be seen as launch pad for a new story, but then also wrote how that was only his opinion. I wouldn't put too much stock in this, but it wouldn't hurt to keep in mind when the final episode airs.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:00 pm

sintzu wrote:
emperior wrote:I know this is a stretch, and I might be completely wrong, but geekdom101, the popular DB tuber, has some insider info and even if he can't disclose his information for obvious reasons, sometimes from his videos it's possible to extrapolate some information from what he says.
He said he already knew about the movie months before it got announced, and he also made some video-theory about a "possible upcoming movie" when the only info we had was that a domain was registered for a 2018 movie. I know he makes videos about almost everything, which is why what I'm about to say may be completely wrong and I may be trying to find true information out of pure speculation.

So, back to my stretch, I believe geekdom has got information on Super's ending and the movie, and in a video he recently uploaded, he seems to be quite sure that Super won't be ending on a cliffhanger, and he suggests it will connect to EoZ. He also says the new movie will "probably" be a different story. We already know it will be about Saiyans' origins so it's safe to assume it won't be centered about Goku and co., who might not even appear at all.

TL;DR: Theory is that Super won't be ending on a cliffhanger and its ending will connect to EoZ. Upcoming movie will be a different story and won't be about Goku.
You don't have to have inside info to speculate about that as everyone here has been saying the same thing.

I could make a video saying "my sources" tell me Vegeta will have a major role in the movie then go on about it when it happens. No shit he's going to have a major role, you don't need a "source" to tell you that.
I never said Geekdom claimed his sources told him that. I'm just speculating that he might be giving away some info he has with his "speculation", but I have no proof at all. I nitpicked these two facts from his videos, though, as I feel like he sort of gave away some information with how adamant he is about Super not ending on a cliffhanger and the movie being a different story.

I also agree anyone can predict these things to happen and insider info is not needed, but in the recent months we've been getting some clear examples that big Dragon Ball YouTubers are in contact with people working inside Dragon Ball. There is enough proof to say that probably Ajay, for example, already knew about Super ending some time before it got officially announced, and he masked his already known info under some clever speculation as soon as the Kitaro 50th anniversary event was announced. (https://twitter.com/AnimeAjay/status/948380650238771200) - maybe this was truly pure speculation, that only Ajay knows for sure, but considering he is in contact with animators and other people working behind the scenes, it wouldn't surprise me if he knew it way before he even threw out the speculation.
Some people were in denial, but looking back, by connecting all the dots it was clear that Super was going to end. I was quite convinced about it too, in fact 15 days before it was officially announced I predicted Super to end in the 2018 predictions thread.(viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40780#p1440547)
Geekdom himself stated he knew about the movie back in August, and I've seen a few videos of his where he claimed he had been talking to people behind the scenes, so there is a precedent.

Also, please, for everyone reading, avoid replying to me by bashing Geekdom or whatever DB tuber. I never claimed he is the Messiah or that he knows everything about Dragon Ball, but there's enough proof to believe he could have some insider info on the overall picture.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:07 pm

I guess it's possible the same Toei and or Shueisha guy went around spilling the beans to both popular YouTubers and VegettoEX/Herms/Hujio/Julian.

But the more people you tell the more likely it won't remain a secret, right?

Is there anyone on 5ch saying similar things? I would expect the source to also tell the secret to people in their home country.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:19 pm

I don't know about Geekdom, but n Ajay's case it really does seem to be nothing more than connecting the dots. Kitaro used to have Super's time slot and he explicitly said that there was nowhere else he could see them put that new show. Not to mention that the series ending in March had been discussed to hell and back even here, long before the news about Kitaro came. It was even asked about in that spanish interview, that's how widespread that rumor was.

But I think Ajay sometimes communicates with one or two animators that worked on DBS, so who knows.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:15 pm

emperior wrote: I never said Geekdom claimed his sources told him that. I'm just speculating that he might be giving away some info he has with his "speculation", but I have no proof at all. I nitpicked these two facts from his videos, though, as I feel like he sort of gave away some information with how adamant he is about Super not ending on a cliffhanger and the movie being a different story.
[...]
Also, please, for everyone reading, avoid replying to me by bashing Geekdom or whatever DB tuber. I never claimed he is the Messiah or that he knows everything about Dragon Ball, but there's enough proof to believe he could have some insider info on the overall picture.
Has anyone spilled the beans on what Mastered Ultra Instinct will look like yet?
Clearly it's going to be different than what we have seen up to now, so if someone really had insider info, I'd assume they'd be all over it.
But it's going to have silver or white hair colour, you heard it here first(likely not...)!
That's what my sources tell me...

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:21 pm

Links to content that replace in their entirety a new, widely-available digital/physical release will be removed by the moderation team.

(See also: just because something is on YouTube does not make it legal.)
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:26 pm

dbgtFO wrote:
emperior wrote: I never said Geekdom claimed his sources told him that. I'm just speculating that he might be giving away some info he has with his "speculation", but I have no proof at all. I nitpicked these two facts from his videos, though, as I feel like he sort of gave away some information with how adamant he is about Super not ending on a cliffhanger and the movie being a different story.
[...]
Has anyone spilled the beans on what Mastered Ultra Instinct will look like yet?
Clearly it's going to be different than what we have seen up to now, so if someone really had insider info, I'd assume they'd be all over it.
But it's going to have silver or white hair colour, you heard it here first(likely not...)!
That's what my sources tell me...
I don't get if you're bring sarcastic or what. However, I believe you fail to see how nobody will ever come out saying "X will happen because my sources told me so" or else their sources would stop telling them things. But someone with insider info could mask the info up with the word "speculation": "Here's a few reasons why mastered Ultra Instinct could have silver hair!" - I would word it like that. Actually, there are a few reasons why mastered UI could have silver hair such as the fact what we got so far is called UI Omen and we know for sure it was a unmastered version. It also seems like that version wasn't designed by Toriyama, and he said in a past interview he was going to save a white hair transformation for later. So yeah, there could actually be some reasons which could add fuel to the "MUI = silver hair" speculation.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:34 pm

emperior wrote: I don't get if you're bring sarcastic or what. However, I believe you fail to see how nobody will ever come out saying "X will happen because my sources told me so" or else their sources would stop telling them things. But someone with insider info could mask the info up with the word "speculation": "Here's a few reasons why mastered Ultra Instinct could have silver hair!" - I would word it like that. Actually, there are a few reasons why mastered UI could have silver hair such as the fact what we got so far is called UI Omen and we know for sure it was a unmastered version. It also seems like that version wasn't designed by Toriyama, and he said in a past interview he was going to save a white hair transformation for later. So yeah, there could actually be some reasons which could add fuel to the "MUI = silver hair" speculation.
I was just joking and yeah I get that, but no one has major speculation vids about Mastered Ultra Instinct yet, right? I'd honestly expect it at this point with the evidence we have, it's going to be different.

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:43 pm

If they do link it with EoZ, and I think they will, then that could be me done with whatever follows.

The Bulma 5 year quote isn't worth not continuing over - just have Goku not have any scenes with her or something from now on if needs be.

An entirely new cast for the movie, or new generation takeover isn't needed.
Goku is the reason I watch, he needs to be front and centre - he is the franchise as far as I'm concerned.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:54 pm

You know, Jiren's backstory kind of reminds me of Roshi and the Crane Hermit. Replace Grandpa Orchan with Mutaito and the evil-doer with Old Piccolo. It has shades of Goku's too, but Jiren didn't have the benefit of Dragon Balls

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:55 pm

DBZ_Lee wrote:An entirely new cast for the movie, or new generation takeover isn't needed.
Goku is the reason I watch, he needs to be front and centre - he is the franchise as far as I'm concerned.
You're never going to see a high budget DB movie without Goku and friends front and center unless they want to kill the franchise.

The only way a none Goku and Friends story can work is either in a TV special or maybe, maaaaybe a 12 episode mini series.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

GamerSkull
Regular

Post by GamerSkull » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:07 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:You know, Jiren's backstory kind of reminds me of Roshi and the Crane Hermit. Replace Grandpa Orchan with Mutaito and the evil-doer with Old Piccolo. It has shades of Goku's too, but Jiren didn't have the benefit of Dragon Balls
I actually was reminded slightly of it too. I wonder if they were trying to intentionally do that.

It wouldn't surprise me because they've been doing a lot of callbacks but at the same time.
"Roga Fu-Fu Ken!"

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:11 pm

ernesth100 wrote:Anyone else feel extremely dissatisfied that the series is over and we have no idea on a backstory for characters like Hit, any God of Destruction(at least one guys come on, one isn't hard, doesn't even have to be Beerus first), or the Angels?
Not really, these aren't characters or a story that really has much use for background information like that. Like, it would be nice supplementary information, but it isn't necessary.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:57 pm

dbgtFO wrote:
emperior wrote: I don't get if you're bring sarcastic or what. However, I believe you fail to see how nobody will ever come out saying "X will happen because my sources told me so" or else their sources would stop telling them things. But someone with insider info could mask the info up with the word "speculation": "Here's a few reasons why mastered Ultra Instinct could have silver hair!" - I would word it like that. Actually, there are a few reasons why mastered UI could have silver hair such as the fact what we got so far is called UI Omen and we know for sure it was a unmastered version. It also seems like that version wasn't designed by Toriyama, and he said in a past interview he was going to save a white hair transformation for later. So yeah, there could actually be some reasons which could add fuel to the "MUI = silver hair" speculation.
I was just joking and yeah I get that, but no one has major speculation vids about Mastered Ultra Instinct yet, right? I'd honestly expect it at this point with the evidence we have, it's going to be different.
I tried asking Varoq point blank about UI (since he gets to sculpt UI Goku is June as a prize for winning the BWFC) but unsurprisingly no reply. The only way UI will leak depends on when shops get stock for the March Ichiban Kuji as it goes live 10th with UI Goku airing on the 4th I doubt they'd get stock before the 4th (and even then the boxes maybe blanked out too, wouldn't surprise me as they are literally going out their way to hid this!). UDM's always go on sale at the end of the month so no chance of the leak from there and I predict the WCF's will also come out 4th week (3rd being the earliest) so unlikely leaks there either and the Adverge line will probably go on sale at the end of the month too.

Japanese folks seem fairly confident it is gonna be silver too, recently this one fan who repaints figures, repainted a Vegeta to "Ultra Instinct" and it had silver hair.

Also the recent prize fair in Japan not a single UI Goku in sight! FES Stage 7 was shown off despite the fact a FES Stage Special (UI Goku) is scheduled before it, also July has scheduled a Grandista Goku figure under the DBS brand and yup sure enough that was not shown off at the Prize Fair either so presumably that is a UI Goku too.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:06 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
I tried asking Varoq point blank about UI (since he gets to sculpt UI Goku is June as a prize for winning the BWFC) but unsurprisingly no reply. The only way UI will leak depends on when shops get stock for the March Ichiban Kuji as it goes live 10th with UI Goku airing on the 4th I doubt they'd get stock before the 4th (and even then the boxes maybe blanked out too, wouldn't surprise me as they are literally going out their way to hid this!). UDM's always go on sale at the end of the month so no chance of the leak from there and I predict the WCF's will also come out 4th week (3rd being the earliest) so unlikely leaks there either and the Adverge line will probably go on sale at the end of the month too.

Japanese folks seem fairly confident it is gonna be silver too, recently this one fan who repaints figures, repainted a Vegeta to "Ultra Instinct" and it had silver hair.

Also the recent prize fair in Japan not a single UI Goku in sight! FES Stage 7 was shown off despite the fact a FES Stage Special (UI Goku) is scheduled before it, also July has scheduled a Grandista Goku figure under the DBS brand and yup sure enough that was not shown off at the Prize Fair either so presumably that is a UI Goku too.
With Xenoverse 2 adding UI Goku, but not showing it while the other 3 DLC characters from that pack have all been shown I wouldn't be surprised if V-Jump reveals mastered UI this month.
The only reason I can think that they'd reveal the other 3 but not UI Goku is because it's mastered UI and mastered looks different from Omen.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:25 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

With Xenoverse 2 adding UI Goku, but not showing it while the other 3 DLC characters from that pack have all been shown I wouldn't be surprised if V-Jump reveals mastered UI this month.
The only reason I can think that they'd reveal the other 3 but not UI Goku is because it's mastered UI and mastered looks different from Omen.
Well that's another thing! I had no idea UI was part of the DLC. People are also apparently waiting for Omen Goku to "awaken" in Dokkan too. I was 95% convinced now I am 99.99%.

I hope there isn't a reveal in Vjump though with how secretive they've been I would love to experience it proper in episode!

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:31 pm

To all of you who expect it to be different, don’t get to confident. You will be dissapointed if it turns out to be the same, but with the red aura around the blue (like the poster)