"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

alakazam^
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by alakazam^ » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:35 pm

Chuquita wrote:I find it more likely that VegettoEX has insider info on Super's ending and the movie than any popular YouTuber would imo.
Kei17 knew about Super ending since November so it's fair to assume Kanzenshuu's staff also knew about it. Since Geekdom said Julian and Herms were teaching him Japanese, they seem to be in farily good terms for them to tell him as well. I highly doubt any youtuber would have insider info on their own.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:36 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Well that's another thing! I had no idea UI was part of the DLC. People are also apparently waiting for Omen Goku to "awaken" in Dokkan too. I was 95% convinced now I am 99.99%.

I hope there isn't a reveal in Vjump though with how secretive they've been I would love to experience it proper in episode!
Mastered UI will probably show up in the NEP on this week's episode, so V-Jump "officially" revealing it in this month's issue makes sense. As far as the official street date of V-Jump that will be a few days after we'll have already seen the form via the NEP, it's just that depending on when the magazine leaks online we might see it a tiny bit before that (probably no earlier than Friday).

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:38 pm

alakazam^ wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I find it more likely that VegettoEX has insider info on Super's ending and the movie than any popular YouTuber would imo.
Kei17 knew about Super ending since November so it's fair to assume Kanzenshuu's staff also knew about it. Since Geekdom said Julian and Herms were teaching him Japanese, they seem to be in farily good terms for them to tell him as well. I highly doubt any youtuber would have insider info on their own.
That makes sense. I didn't realize they were that close, but then I don't follow Geekdom's stuff so I can't say I know much about him. Only YouTubers I follow who regularly post DB stuff are Ajay, Mozilla Vulpix, MasakoX and TFS' gaming channel.
Last edited by Chuquita on Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:39 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:To all of you who expect it to be different, don’t get to confident. You will be dissapointed if it turns out to be the same, but with the red aura around the blue (like the poster)
If it was just that I don't think they'd bother blocking out images of the thing on merchandise or holding back his Dokkan card. Especially since, as Baggie_Saiyan has pointed out, some of those ads do have listings for both UI Omen and UI but don't black out Omen. We've known what that looks like since last summer.

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:13 pm

DBZ_Lee wrote:If they do link it with EoZ, and I think they will, then that could be me done with whatever follows.

The Bulma 5 year quote isn't worth not continuing over - just have Goku not have any scenes with her or something from now on if needs be.

An entirely new cast for the movie, or new generation takeover isn't needed.
Goku is the reason I watch, he needs to be front and centre - he is the franchise as far as I'm concerned.
I can understand the latter part but Super NOT ending at EOZ (or close to it) has always been a minor possibility, I mean, regardless if it's not what you want you had to know it's most likely what Toei/Toriyama/Toyatoro would do

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:21 pm

Basaku wrote:
DBZ_Lee wrote:If they do link it with EoZ, and I think they will, then that could be me done with whatever follows.

The Bulma 5 year quote isn't worth not continuing over - just have Goku not have any scenes with her or something from now on if needs be.

Goku is the reason I watch, he needs to be front and centre - he is the franchise as far as I'm concerned.
I can understand the latter part but Super NOT ending at EOZ (or close to it) has always been a minor possibility, I mean, regardless if it's not what you want you had to know it's most likely what Toei/Toriyama/Toyatoro would do
I’m aware EOZ is most likely the end of super option , but I rather not connect both histories , after all the new warriors in super , IMO, ubb training excitement doesn’t have sense , at this point of super Goku has lots of motivations to keep growing as a warrior and doesn’t need that kiddo to fight with . Basically .. eoz and super are different timelines :shh:
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:25 pm

I don't expect much from a mastered Ultra Instinct if it is supposed to look different. I've learned to really keep expectations low for new looks from forms since Resurrection F. But I do like what we have going on with Ultra Instinct so far. It really does though have the hair issue I have with SSJ4. Sometimes it looks great when drawn well, and other times it looks bad. By that I mean sometimes Ultra Instinct is just Goku but his hair only slightly inched over from his base look, while other Ultra Instinct hair styles have more of like a in between point of base hair and Super Saiyan.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:28 pm

EoZ wouldn't mean the end of Goku, if we go past that point he will likely continue to be the main character for many years to come.
prince212 wrote: I’m aware EOZ is most likely the end of super option , but I rather not connect both histories , after all the new warriors in super , IMO, ubb training excitement doesn’t have sense , at this point of super Goku has lots of motivations to keep growing as a warrior and doesn’t need that kiddo to fight with . Basically .. eoz and super are different timelines :shh:
Uub has amazing potential strength wise and as Super has established it's Dende that asked Goku to train Uub anyways, it wasn't just Goku wanting to do it.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:52 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:To all of you who expect it to be different, don’t get to confident. You will be dissapointed if it turns out to be the same, but with the red aura around the blue (like the poster)
If it was just that I don't think they'd bother blocking out images of the thing on merchandise or holding back his Dokkan card. Especially since, as Baggie_Saiyan has pointed out, some of those ads do have listings for both UI Omen and UI but don't black out Omen. We've known what that looks like since last summer.
Like I said, don’t get to confident that is going to be completely different.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:54 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:
Hair will the same but the colour will be different.

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:57 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:

EoZ wouldn't mean the end of Goku, if we go past that point he will likely continue to be the main character for many years to come.
prince212 wrote: I’m aware EOZ is most likely the end of super option , but I rather not connect both histories , after all the new warriors in super , IMO, ubb training excitement doesn’t have sense , at this point of super Goku has lots of motivations to keep growing as a warrior and doesn’t need that kiddo to fight with . Basically .. eoz and super are different timelines :shh:
Uub has amazing potential strength wise and as Super has established it's Dende that asked Goku to train Uub anyways, it wasn't just Goku wanting to do it.
Mmm you are right at that point , Goku already train his son back in the days at rosat ... it’s just that the time gap before eoz seemed to be a peace time the way I interpreted, but the truth is that nothing was explain about that time period , so I guess the conexion super to eoz is THE end , other option will be more complicated and impossible to wrap in the last chapter after the TOP
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:08 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:
Nobody's expecting anything but a hair color change.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:15 pm

prince212 wrote: Mmm you are right at that point , Goku already train his son back in the days at rosat ... it’s just that the time gap before eoz seemed to be a peace time the way I interpreted, but the truth is that nothing was explain about that time period , so I guess the conexion super to eoz is THE end , other option will be more complicated and impossible to wrap in the last chapter after the TOP
Simple retcons are fine, like it no longer being a time of peace.
As for tying it into EoZ, one fake leak had a great idea, have the final episode end just before EoZ with Goku first being told by Dende that Uub is going to participate in the Tenkaichi Budokai and that it's time to train him.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:18 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote: If it was just that I don't think they'd bother blocking out images of the thing on merchandise or holding back his Dokkan card. Especially since, as Baggie_Saiyan has pointed out, some of those ads do have listings for both UI Omen and UI but don't black out Omen. We've known what that looks like since last summer.
Hair will the same but the colour will be different.
I feel the same. But that’s about it. Probably with the red aura as well with the blue aura

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:53 pm

Kanzenshuu does not share confidential, off-the-record information with any outside parties.

Verified, sourced, and/or personally-investigated information is always shared in news posts on the website-proper.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:21 pm

alakazam^ wrote:Kei17 knew about Super ending since November.
That's when Hiromi Tsuru passed away so did that have anything to do with it as they happened at the same time ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:37 pm

sintzu wrote:
That's when Hiromi Tsuru passed away so did that have anything to do with it as they happened at the same time ?
No.
It would have been decided well before that that Super was ending, Kitaro was already being developed.
Last edited by ArchedThunder on Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nero<>Akira
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Nero<>Akira » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:47 pm

majinwarman wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:Jiren backstory resembles Nagatos from Naruto, just noticed it.

Parents get killed.
Tries to get stronger to stop the weak from being oppressed.
Group of friends band together to stop evil.
His friends still die.
Now believes strength is the only way to achieve his goal.
I still like Jiren's past even though it has been done before.
Jiren didn't believe in controlling the world either.
Zamasu is the best DB villain besides Freeza (and this is only the case because the current Super arc elevated Freeza to be that good).

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:31 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
sintzu wrote:
No.
It would have been decided well before that that Super was ending, Kitaro was already being developed.
It was essentially confirmed with the Amazon listings of the series' BR's ending 131 with no further BR's being listed after that. I believe this was around September / October, but I might be wrong. Definitely wasn't later than November, so it was easy to connect the dots (which most people did)
emperior wrote:I know this is a stretch, and I might be completely wrong, but geekdom101, the popular DB tuber, has some insider info and even if he can't disclose his information for obvious reasons, sometimes from his videos it's possible to extrapolate some information from what he says.
He said he already knew about the movie months before it got announced, and he also made some video-theory about a "possible upcoming movie" when the only info we had was that a domain was registered for a 2018 movie. I know he makes videos about almost everything, which is why what I'm about to say may be completely wrong and I may be trying to find true information out of pure speculation.

So, back to my stretch, I believe geekdom has got information on Super's ending and the movie, and in a video he recently uploaded, he seems to be quite sure that Super won't be ending on a cliffhanger, and he suggests it will connect to EoZ. He also says the new movie will "probably" be a different story. We already know it will be about Saiyans' origins so it's safe to assume it won't be centered about Goku and co., who might not even appear at all.

TL;DR: Theory is that Super won't be ending on a cliffhanger and its ending will connect to EoZ. Upcoming movie will be a different story and won't be about Goku.
Geekdom just posts theories and clickbait, and passes them off as official confirming (being what clickbait is). He has no inside sources for DB/Z/S/GT.

Even him claiming to reveal a tonne of information about GT was all just stuff from the 2005 interview with the producer.

DBS connecting to EoZ was confirmed by Toyotaro last year (before Geekdom "broke" the news), and we already know from JUMP FESTA that the 2018 is going to be a story telling about Yamoshi and the origins of the Saiyan's power. This is well documented as the only information we currently have about the movie's story.

This is the last I'll say on the matter

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:36 am

For the record, don't care for geekadom101 that guy gotta go...