"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sintzu
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by sintzu » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:22 pm

RedHeat wrote:
sintzu wrote:
GamerSkull wrote:The "Who will win the deciding blow" and "Who will be the victor" part of the spoilers makes me think the fight could be over in the first half of 130.

We just might get an episode and a half of wrap-up.
The final of the arc and show get an episode and a half while caulifla and kale get 4 episodes. :yawn:

If there's one thing they NEED to fix when the anime returns it's the structure and timing of events.
They deserved those episodes.
Nothing deserves more than the arc/show's final cause that's the last thing the show will be remembered for and the last thing that'll be talked about.
HeroR wrote:He only fought Cali and Kale for two episodes and then Kefla for two.
Kefla is the same 2 people so 2 and 2 is 4.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:25 pm

sintzu wrote:
RedHeat wrote:
sintzu wrote:
The final of the arc and show get an episode and a half while caulifla and kale get 4 episodes. :yawn:

If there's one thing they NEED to fix when the anime returns it's the structure and timing of events.
They deserved those episodes.
Nothing deserves more than the arc/show's final cause that's the last thing the show will be remembered for and the last thing that'll be talked about.
HeroR wrote:He only fought Cali and Kale for two episodes and then Kefla for two.
Kefla is the same 2 people so 2 and 2 is 4.
That's like saying Vegetto is the same two people. They're not. A fusion is a different entity. And still, Goku has been fighting Jiren since 122.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Yedis
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yedis » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:31 pm

They've been fighting Jiren since Episode 122. Since 122 it has been U7 vs U11 to decide the TOP. At some point the TOP has to reach its conclusion, which they are doing now. I don't understand what more do people want fleshed out?

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:50 pm

RedHeat wrote: They deserved those episodes.
They deserved two, maybe two and a half. Four was too much.

TysonWine
Beyond Newbie

Post by TysonWine » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:17 pm

The tournament ends in one of two ways

1. Frieza wins
2. Frieza does something heroic to ensure Goku wins

The possibility of Jiren winning is 0%. In a universe where Jiren wins, Frieza would already be out, and Goku would be the last foe standing in his way. Jiren wouldn't have a climatic battle with Goku to then knocking out a vastly weaker Frieza to win. Plot wise, it just it would be a bad idea all around. Good Game Universe 7.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:45 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
They got two and Kefla took two.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

YamiGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by YamiGoku » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:52 pm

It seems like Super it's going to have a rushed ending no matter what...

I kinda wish the fight finish on 129 (an entire episode of Goku VS Jiren fighting with good animation and music it's enough for me), so they can wrap up the end of the tournament and Goku and the gang returning to earth on 130, and give the entirety of 131 to do something like the end of Z or something with Beerus asking Goku for a rematch or something else.

in the end, I just hope it ends in a good note.

picc
Beyond Newbie

Post by picc » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:00 pm

Vegeta_Sama wrote:
Hawk9211 wrote:
Vegeta_Sama wrote: Don't rush to conclusions just yet. The spoilers basically just say that Goku will Power up to Mastered UI and that Jiren will Power up again. I'm sure we will get an awesome fight with (from what I've seen in the NEP) good art and animation
I am talking story wise it comes off as a rushed freeze fight.
I definetely agree on this, Goku vs Jiren feels kind of rushed, with only 2-3 more episodes to go. But the next episode is basically pure entertaining spectacle, so I'll take it. The story has been kind of broken in the ToP anyway
At least half of the episode will be the peanut gallery reacting to and explaining things that are blatantly obvious. Krillin will spend three minutes alone explaining that goku's hair has, indeed, changed color.

No way they give us a filler less ep. Even now.
Planet Namek Bred

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:12 pm

HeroR wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
You''re needlessly nitpicking. Kefla counts in tha 4 episode span.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:16 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
Isn’t a nitpick since Kefla isn’t Cali nor Kale in the same way Vegetto isn’t Goku and Vegeta.
Kanassa wrote:

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:20 pm

YamiGoku wrote:It seems like Super it's going to have a rushed ending no matter what...

I kinda wish the fight finish on 129 (an entire episode of Goku VS Jiren fighting with good animation and music it's enough for me), so they can wrap up the end of the tournament and Goku and the gang returning to earth on 130, and give the entirety of 131 to do something like the end of Z or something with Beerus asking Goku for a rematch or something else.

in the end, I just hope it ends in a good note.
At this point we'll be lucky if the fight ends on a high note, the arc itself and something like EOZ is wishful thinking at this point. I hope the manga fixes these pacing issues like it did with the Black arc.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:28 pm

HeroR wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Isn’t a nitpick since Kefla isn’t Cali nor Kale in the same way Vegetto isn’t Goku and Vegeta.
I know what you're saying, but what I'm saying is they still could have cut down the U6 Saiyan girls fight AS A WHOLE down.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:36 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
I know what you're saying, but what I'm saying is they still could have cut down the U6 Saiyan girls fight AS A WHOLE down.
They could've cut down Goku getting everyone on the team down, they could've cut out some of the less important episodes by having the fighters go off screen, they could've cut down some of the slice of life episodes before the arc started and they could've given everything else a better pace based on importance of events.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:40 pm

sintzu wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
HeroR wrote:
They could've cut down Goku getting everyone on the team down, they could've cut out some of the less important episodes by having the fighters go off screen, they could've cut down some of the slice of life episodes before the arc started and they could've given everything else a better pace based on importance of events.
Exactly.

Pannaliciour
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pannaliciour » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:25 pm

I am just wondering, will Jiren land a clean at UI Goku? I always thought UI can't be hit it by a non UI opponent.

In the preview you see he hit him with a blast. I hope they explain.

Though they never said UI could dodge everything, only avoiding any danger.

Yedis
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yedis » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:29 pm

Pannaliciour wrote:I am just wondering, will Jiren land a clean at UI Goku? I always thought UI can't be hit it by a non UI opponent.

Kefla's final attack on UI Goku hit him on the elbow and zapped a small piece of hair.

MajinVegetaPD
Beyond Newbie

Post by MajinVegetaPD » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:34 pm

Yedis wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:I am just wondering, will Jiren land a clean at UI Goku? I always thought UI can't be hit it by a non UI opponent.

Kefla's final attack on UI Goku hit him on the elbow and zapped a small piece of hair.
Also in the manga Beerus was caught off guard when using UI, albeit, every single GoD was gunning for him. I'm guessing at a certain level of power even UI can be matched up against.

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:23 am

Interesting tidbit I think a few people have forgotten about; if Goku even actually attempts to retain his promise to revive Frieza with Earth's Dragon Ball's; he can't. They've already been used to revive Frieza

I suppose Porunga could be used, but Universe 7's planet Namek hasn't so much as been seen in Super

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:31 am

[spoiler]https://mobile.twitter.com/Herms98/stat ... 6635300869[/spoiler]

A lot of statements regarding MUI goku and jiren where they stand in terms of the hakaishins. Also, they talk about a certain character who should not be in the field.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:16 am

Mastered UI is hyped as something that let's you avoid any and all danger, I am gonna bet if Jiren manages to strike even one blow it's either not in Toriyama's script or Jiren too has some from of early instinct
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker