"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by shadowmaria » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:17 am

I mean, in fairness; Android's don't have ki that can be sensed, so it could be a wonderful swerve :think:

EDIT: Provisional 130 Title

EDIT: Provisional 131 Title
Last edited by shadowmaria on Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:28 am

From Herms, provisional title for DBS ep.130, airing March 18th: An Unprecedented Super Showdown

Also provisional title for DBS ep.131, airing March 25th (the last one!): "Goku, Until the Day We Meet Again".

Last edited by HeroR on Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:30 am

HeroR wrote:From Herms, provisional title for DBS ep.130, airing March 18th: An Unprecedented Super Showdown

Woah. Sounds like it’s going to be more than just goku fighting jiren. Or their powers are just off the charts to call it “unprecedented”

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:40 am

as 131 "Goku, Until we meet again."

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:42 am

Seems like the fight could possibly go on till the beginning of 131. Feels weird that super is ending in just 3 episodes...

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:43 am

Yes, it's just about the same as the Japanese title for the last episode of GT, according to Herms.

Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:45 am

Makes me sick to my stomach that we won't even get to see the gang return to Earth, Freeza will definitely be wasted now. And we won't get to see a Goku Vs. Beerus rematch before Super ends.

Plus they may not even have time to revive the fallen universes.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:48 am

precita wrote:Makes me sick to my stomach that we won't even get to see the gang return to Earth, Freeza will definitely be wasted now. And we won't get to see a Goku Vs. Beerus rematch before Super ends.

We don’t need a goku vs beerus rematch. Spoilers that came out a couple hours ago stated that goku surpasses the level of hakaishins. So we know the outcome.

I definitely did not see freeza being so useful. He is mostlikely there because goku won’t probably beat jiren and time runs out, giving U7 the win.

But yes, it’s definitely rushed

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:48 am

precita wrote:Makes me sick to my stomach that we won't even get to see the gang return to Earth, Freeza will definitely be wasted now. And we won't get to see a Goku Vs. Beerus rematch before Super ends.

Can you please show me a source that 100% guarantees this?

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:49 am

HeroR wrote:From Herms, provisional title for DBS ep.130, airing March 18th: An Unprecedented Super Showdown

Also provisional title for DBS ep.131, airing March 25th (the last one!): "Goku, Until the Day We Meet Again".

Guess this puts a damper on the show ending on a cliffhanger and Freeza's potential schemes.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:49 am

Unless 131's episode title is meant to be a meta nod to the viewers as a "Super's going on hiatus, guys." thing or a "Hey let's use the same end title as we did with GT", but instead something related to the plot like the rest of the episode titles for Super are then that's a very omnious-sounding title. :shock:
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:52 am

And you promised that to leave Dragon Ball if Freeza just goes back to hell. I really did mean what I said about holding you to that.
Kanassa wrote:

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:54 am

HeroR wrote:

And you promised that to leave Dragon Ball if Freeza just goes back to hell. I really did mean what I said about holding you to that.
Just hope another camels back doesn’t break :lol:

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:56 am

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
HeroR wrote:

Just hope another camels back doesn’t break :lol:
If I had a dollar for every time I read that statement here, I'd be rich :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TheOtherDude
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOtherDude » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:57 am

So Goku went from not knowing about deity ki to surpassing deities all within a year or two... Talk about an unbelievably rushed plot.

It seems that they wanted to rush through this for some reason. Maybe to end Gokus story and start with the next generation? I can’t think of too many other reasons why they’d come up with a “Dragon Ball Room”

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:05 am

TheOtherDude wrote:So Goku went from not knowing about deity ki to surpassing deities all within a year or two... Talk about an unbelievably rushed plot.

It seems that they wanted to rush through this for some reason. Maybe to end Gokus story and start with the next generation? I can’t think of too many other reasons why they’d come up with a “Dragon Ball Room”
He did the same thing in Dragon Ball where he surpassed Kami, god, within just three years and King Kai within less than a year. Heck, he surpassed the Supreme Kai before even meeting him in the Buu Saga.
Kanassa wrote:

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:10 am

Where are you drawing that conclusion from? There is literally NOTHING even hinting at them not returning to earth before episode 131 ends.

TheOtherDude
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOtherDude » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:16 am

HeroR wrote:
TheOtherDude wrote:So Goku went from not knowing about deity ki to surpassing deities all within a year or two... Talk about an unbelievably rushed plot.

He did the same thing in Dragon Ball where he surpassed Kami, god, within just three years and King Kai within less than a year. Heck, he surpassed the Supreme Kai before even meeting him in the Buu Saga.

True, but the gap between Goku and Beerus was portrayed to be much larger than anyone else in the series. Even in the recruiting episodes, Beerus used his breath to blow away “Hakai” energy when Golden Frieza struggled with it. Yeah ssbkk is much stronger than Golden Frieza, but that’s still a massive gap in power and Sidra seemed to just eyeball where he thought Frieza was.

It’s not just Goku obviously. In 40 hours, people reached heights in power that were just absurd. I wish they would’ve taken their time with this stuff instead of trying to cram it all in 131 episodes.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:17 am

Kenneth La Torre wrote:[spoiler]https://mobile.twitter.com/Herms98/stat ... 6635300869[/spoiler]

A lot of statements regarding MUI goku and jiren where they stand in terms of the hakaishins. Also, they talk about a certain character who should not be in the field.
Uhm.. They never talk about “a character that shouldn’t be in the field.” I don’t know where everyone is getting this from, but look up in the dictionary what the word “unprecedented” even means. It means something phenomenal, never before seen, beyond comprehension etc etc. It has nothing to do with an “uninvited guest”. What surprises me even more is that you aren’t the only person who came up with these conclusions.

TajinRice

Post by TajinRice » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:18 am

[spoiler]So is 17 back?[/spoiler]