"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:10 am

sintzu wrote:
ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
TheOtherDude wrote:I might get attacked for a “dumb idea”, but I really hope the fighter is Cell. As far as Goku, Vegeta and Frieza have come, he could easily become the most OP fighter in the series. Plus him and Goku never really “settled” things.

I’m a big fan of the concept of Cell, but ultimately don’t see him connected to the history of Frieza and the Saiyans.
No ones idea is dumb: ) We are all here as Dragon Ball fans to specualate and discuss, have fun, share opinions.

For all we know it could be cell. The possibilities are endless. Its fun speculating. I love how Toriyama/Toei never fully reveal, but always give you just enough info to let you run wild with speculations lol

I'm hoping its the evil doer of U11 myself lol

On the topic of Cell. Cell saga was amazing. Cell was a great villian. SSJ2 Gohan vs Cell was such an iconic battle
The Cell arc is my 2nd favorite arc but we've already seen a past villain come back and a main character kale based off another old one so hopefully it isn't Cell or anyone old as itd be best to just introduce someone new.
Yep. I definently hope it's not Cell either: ) I was just saying that Cell was such a great villian. I hope that it's not Frieza, Cell or Beerus

I just don't see how it can be Beerus when Beerus has grown to love U7 (especially Goku)

U7 (Goku) have essentially humanized Beerus now. To suddenly made Beerus the main antagonist would undo his character development

I have a fun theory that the movie will start off with the much anticipated rematch between Goku and Beerus. Imagine MUI Goku vs Beerus! But a friendly spar.

But that something will interrupt it and then we begin the main plot of the movie/it segways into it

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:25 am

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:I have a fun theory that the movie will start off with the much anticipated rematch between Goku and Beerus. Imagine MUI Goku vs Beerus! But a friendly spar. But that something will interrupt it and then we begin the main plot of the movie/it segways into it
I wouldn't mind the first 5-10 minutes devoted to a rematch on his planet while Goku and Vegeta are training there. I actually think it's about time we saw Beerus training as Goku and to a lesser extent Vegeta are probably going to leave him behind soon (if Goku hasn't already) so him taking on both or one at a time would be fun to see.

In terms of the villain, in the u6 arc Beerus said he fought someone stronger than Goku and although it was played as a joke, it could be interesting to revisit as something that wasn't completely false like him not being the 1st destroyer of u7.
Michsi wrote:Please, please don't try to insert another conflict between him and Goku.
The only way I want to see those 2 fight again is at the very end when Toriyama's finished with DB. they should do what online did and have them leave earth to have one final fight but have it shown without showing the actual conclusion.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:35 am

More preview stuff from 130 and 131.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Not much new here really.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:44 am

JazzMazz wrote:More preview stuff from 130 and 131.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
These spoilers sound much much much better. These have me hyped up so much more

Also, holy crap. In episode 131 only 30 seconds will remain. That's huge news..or at least that's the first I've heard about the time.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:51 am

sintzu wrote:
ZenkaiBoosts wrote:I have a fun theory that the movie will start off with the much anticipated rematch between Goku and Beerus. Imagine MUI Goku vs Beerus! But a friendly spar. But that something will interrupt it and then we begin the main plot of the movie/it segways into it
I wouldn't mind the first 5-10 minutes devoted to a rematch on his planet while Goku and Vegeta are training there. I actually think it's about time we saw Beerus training as Goku and to a lesser extent Vegeta are probably going to leave him behind soon (if Goku hasn't already) so him taking on both or one at a time would be fun to see.

In terms of the villain, in the u6 arc Beerus said he fought someone stronger than Goku and although it was played as a joke, it could be interesting to revisit as something that wasn't completely false like him not being the 1st destroyer of u7.
Michsi wrote:Please, please don't try to insert another conflict between him and Goku.
The only way I want to see those 2 fight again is at the very end when Toriyama's finished with DB. they should do what online did and have them leave earth to have one final fight but have it shown without showing the actual conclusion.
Also think about this

If Jiren, a MORTAL could surpass the gods, other mortals from other stronger universes could be even stronger

People think that the tournament of power and MUI Goku are the limits, that how do you go past that

Yet in reality, the tournament of power and MUI Goku are only just the beginning: ) We have only now just began to scratch the surface : )

At one point in time people also thought Frieza and SS1 wherr the pinnacle with no where else to go past that. Look now: )

There are still sooo many more stories to tell in Super

We have still yet to see MUI Goku truly tested against a variety of opponents and threats

I'm just really happy that Toriyama is rejuvenated about telling more stories in Super

People said Toriyama was done and yet Toriyama just came out and basicly said he has more stories to tell and is excited about the future. Really really happy: )

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:14 am

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:I'm just really happy that Toriyama is rejuvenated about telling more stories in Super

People said Toriyama was done and yet Toriyama just came out and basicly said he has more stories to tell and is excited about the future. Really really happy: )
We're all happy to see him this excited about the franchise (despite me and others ranting about him the other day :shifty:) as the story can finally reach its full potential unlike before where he ended things out of exhaustion. The most thing I'm excited about is how he'll end the story, especially with it most likely going beyond EOZ.

Super Saiyan God
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Super Saiyan God » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:24 am

wait, would this movie mention about old enemy like frieza? but i thought frieza already done in revival of f movie, so will they more power boosted frieza than this?
For the gods sake could someone explain this to me? Because my english is not the best to understand what they mean with frieza I thought there would be new enemy in this movie

thegamer23
Beyond Newbie

Post by thegamer23 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:25 am

We can pretty much conclude that #131 won't reach End of Z.

We still have a fight going on, according to those summaries, than we still have to see the Dragon summoning + wish.

Cliffhanger more than likely now, than we'll see what will happen after that in December's movie.

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:39 am

thegamer23 wrote:We can pretty much conclude that #131 won't reach End of Z.

We still have a fight going on, according to those summaries, than we still have to see the Dragon summoning + wish.

Cliffhanger more than likely now, than we'll see what will happen after that in December's movie.
Not cliff hanger, just open ended.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:41 am

30 secs left, fight ends in the first half of episode 131, then the 2nd half is Freezas wish? I hope the finale isnt completely rushed.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:49 am

I really hope the end is not rushed, I want to see a flashforward to AGE 784/28º World Martial Arts Tournament.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:23 am

perucho1990 wrote:30 secs left, fight ends in the first half of episode 131, then the 2nd half is Freezas wish? I hope the finale isnt completely rushed.
Not necessarily, all of 129 was 30 seconds.
Grimlock wrote:I really hope the end is not rushed, I want to see a flashforward to AGE 784/28º World Martial Arts Tournament.
With the movie taking place after the ToP I kinda doubt we'll see EoZ in 131, but who knows.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:36 am

JazzMazz wrote:More preview stuff from 130 and 131.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
"Can Goku and the others of Universe 7 cause a miracle?"
"A Miraculous Conclusion!"
Gee, I wonder. :lol:

I'm really not gonna be surprised if 17 also turns out to be alive somehow as the surprise 'miracle.' Partly because we already saw Vegeta survive an explosive attack and partly because he's the only person who's 'died' during the tournament and it neatly dodges the question of how to wish back someone who died in the World of Void. Goten and Trunks don't stay on the island so he's coming back one way or another. :P

Majin Jator
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Jator » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:52 am

Seems likely the series will end with Freeza's wish, and that it would be resolved in the movie. Maybe he wishes to have managed to extinguish all the Saiyans back in the day, or travels to the past to have another shot at it? It should be something that Goku can avert or revert somehow with Whiz's help.

So, if DB comes back as a TV show at some point. Will the new series start with a retelling? If it's a continuation of Super, I don't see how can that be avoided. :roll:

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:50 am

Mercenary wrote:Lmao, look who's talking.
ZenkaiBoosts wrote:Also remember, after the ending spoilers came out, you bumped my thread just to mock me about Goku getting eliminated. Of course a Vegeta fan would do such a thing. If the ending spoilers actually were to mislead and Goku pulls off the epic surprise victory, then I will re-bump my thread for you now: )
These types of responses are totally unacceptable. Stop with the silly character bias accusations. Strikes and temp bans have been issued.

I strongly encourage a re-review of the community guidelines before continuing to post, particularly if you value your access to the site.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:57 am

Majin Jator wrote:Will the new series start with a retelling? If it's a continuation of Super, I don't see how can that be avoided. :roll:
Toriyama hinted that the manga will adapt it so the anime might as well. :lol: I hope it doesn't though as those retellings are like a dark cloud over the current Super.
Grimlock wrote:I want to see a flashforward to AGE 784/28º World Martial Arts Tournament.
I don't think there's enough time to do that but they might in the movie as I'm pretty sure the new anime will start after EOZ, truly starting a new era for DB.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:13 am

ArchedThunder wrote:With the movie taking place after the ToP I kinda doubt we'll see EoZ in 131, but who knows.
Why will I have to wait until the movie is released when those events should be in Dragon Ball Super? :(
sintzu wrote:I don't think there's enough time to do that but they might in the movie as I'm pretty sure the new anime will start after EOZ, truly starting a new era for DB.
If they hadn't dragged the fight until the last second, there would be time for that. I won't enjoy the end at all if it does turn out to be rushed and doesn't show anything regarding to the tournament.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

ernesth100
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ernesth100 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:23 am

Majin Jator wrote:Seems likely the series will end with Freeza's wish, and that it would be resolved in the movie. Maybe he wishes to have managed to extinguish all the Saiyans back in the day, or travels to the past to have another shot at it? It should be something that Goku can avert or revert somehow with Whiz's help.

So, if DB comes back as a TV show at some point. Will the new series start with a retelling? If it's a continuation of Super, I don't see how can that be avoided. :roll:
I think that's why Toriyama barely canonizes the films. As they'd have to be seen by all the show watchers to not leave out key points.

And as for Jiren. How many times is he going to put forth his "Full Power". Like come on man, Goku's here transcending his limits and running on Vegeta's last bit of energy to power UI. And then you got Jiren getting beat down by Goku at the end of 129. Honestly if it's nearly impossible for Jiren to touch Goku in the omen. He shouldn't even be able to phase it mastered. And he's sent a "full power blast at Goku" which Goku calmly Hakai'd. Now if Goku could do that with minimal effort why is Jiren still trouble? But...hey f*** it.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:35 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
I'm really not gonna be surprised if 17 also turns out to be alive somehow as the surprise 'miracle.' Partly because we already saw Vegeta survive an explosive attack and partly because he's the only person who's 'died' during the tournament and it neatly dodges the question of how to wish back someone who died in the World of Void. Goten and Trunks don't stay on the island so he's coming back one way or another. :P
I've been predicting 17 is alive this whole time too. It seems kinda likely considering how Zeno didnt touch his button (the only fighter not to have that happen)

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:42 am

Grimlock wrote:If they hadn't dragged the fight until the last second, there would be time for that. I won't enjoy the end at all if it does turn out to be rushed and doesn't show anything regarding to the tournament.
The problem isn't the final fight as that's getting what it should (I'd say it should be longer), what dragged everything out was the recuitment episodes (why on earth did they even need them ?) and parts of the actual tournament, especially at the start.