"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

OverHeaven
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by OverHeaven » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:58 pm

perucho1990 wrote:Another thing is Daishinkan face in the preview, its a proof that Freeza wont get his wish, he wouldnt be happy becoming Freezas servant.
Well, we thought Goku was eliminated and #17 was dead. But with both of them still being alive, the chances of Frieza getting his wish is little to zero now.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:01 pm

perucho1990 wrote:Another thing is Daishinkan face in the preview, its a proof that Freeza wont get his wish, he wouldnt be happy becoming Freezas servant.
He's a hard one to read at times. He's and Zen-Oh's relationship is different from the Angels and the GoD. He never gives of that air of superiority many of the other angels are want to show around their so called masters, such as openly mocking Zen-Oh or anything like that. Then there's that smile he did with U9's destruction......If Zen-Oh is as pure and clear as a cup of water the Daishinkan is like the deepest ocean, so much mystery hidden under calm waters. No evil just unknown.

His reactions really are to cryptic at times to be used to judge effectively, although your probably right.
Last edited by Lord Frieza on Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Analytical Delusion
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytical Delusion » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:01 pm

OverHeaven wrote:At this point, at least reviving Frieza is assured. Even if he doesn't get his wish.
Hope so. Kind of worried that they'll try something corny (i.e. having his time run out from using Golden too much), would be disappointing if he isn't revived.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:02 pm

So once again those stupid episode summaries were wrong, or rather, off-base. I'm glad they didn't spoil the episode, but damn, this is why people overreacting over those spoilers were ridiculous. I guess the camels back hasn't fully broken after all!

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:03 pm

Come on, Goku. Gimme dat merged universe. Gimme. :mrgreen:
Analytical Delusion wrote:
OverHeaven wrote:At this point, at least reviving Frieza is assured. Even if he doesn't get his wish.
Hope so. Kind of worried that they'll try something corny (i.e. having his time run out from using Golden too much), would be disappointing if he isn't revived.
Frieza surely earned his revival thanks to this episode. As long as he doesn't do something stupid and ill-advised in the next 15 minutes I can't imagine Goku wouldn't keep his word.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:08 pm

Dragono wrote:
Doctor. wrote:The animation was fantastic but the writing was atrocious and something I'd expect from Naruto or Fairy Tail.
You ain't wrong and its shame we can't have both, still I'm going nuts over this.
It’s finny because I thought the preview shots looked like something out of Fairy Tail not DBZ and so did the episode not that that is a bad thing but we also get the fairytail style reveals and friendship power up speeches which I could do without.. it’s weird because I love modern anime style and art but hate the super generic “my friends” theme and it feels like Dragon Ball now has it going on too. I guess I can take it if I get superb fights

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:23 pm

Doctor. wrote:The animation was fantastic but the writing was atrocious and something I'd expect from Naruto or Fairy Tail.
This. So much this. Toei staff or even Toriyama himself has a huge boner on #17.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:31 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
This. So much this. Toei staff or even Toriyama himself has a huge boner on #17.
How is that writing atrocious?

ShaneisMC
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ShaneisMC » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:32 pm

ShaneisMC wrote:No where does it actually say that Goku has been eliminated or lost. It's implied IF the only thing you take into account is that first sentence or two. But if you actually think about the way that the middle portion of the spoiler was written and try to place its contents into context and try to make sense of them then I believe if anything what has actually happened is that Goku has fallen from the main arena down to a lower rock or something and is maxed out and more or less likely out of power and on the brink of losing, but has NOT been officially eliminated yet. Why do I have reason to believe this? Well lets look at it. It says "having broken through his limits, Goku and Jiren stare at the Omni-Kings, as if the match isn't over yet." ....... Ok so that to me says several things. "having broken through his limits" is an active sounding perspective. As in active like Goku has broken through his limits or another way of potentially describing it is that he has completely gone overboard and likely out of power perhaps but that he is still technically in. Otherwise what would be the point of them mentioning that in the first place? It would be completely irrelevant to bring up his physical state if he were completely out of the picture, but yet still believed that the tournament wasn't over. "Goku and Jiren stare at the Omni-Kings, as if the match isn't over yet." IF Goku was definitely completely eliminated then why was this worded the way that it was? It would seem to indicate that both Goku AND Jiren personally have the mental perspective that the match isn't over as they look towards the Omni-Kings. IF BOTH Goku and Jiren are looking at them "as if the match isn't over yet." then why would they be doing this unless Goku was still technically in bounds? If Goku was clearly eliminated then why would the both of them be looking towards the Omni-Kings "as if the match wasn't over yet."? If Goku was definitely eliminated, but he AND Jiren still have the perspective that "the match isn't over yet." the only way that would make sense would be if they both remembered that Freeza was still in bounds. Otherwise why would they have written it out as if the context was that the both of them still thought the tournament wasn't over? And if that's the case then Goku you would think would be looking around the arena from the bleachers for Freeza and that Jiren should be looking around trying to find him as well. But they aren't. They're looking towards the Omni-Kings........ That whole center passage is worded very awkwardly, especially if you try to place it in context with what was said beforehand. I think they worded it awkwardly on purpose. I could be wrong naturally, but things as they are just don't seem to completely add up to me unless Goku is still technically in bounds. Their actions and the context provided just doesn't make sense unless either Goku hasn't been eliminated or they remember that Freeza is still around in which case wtf are the both of them doing just staring at the Omni Kings if they think things aren't over yet?
I CALLED IT!!! I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:37 pm

precita wrote:How is that writing atrocious?
Having Goku to lost his trump card, while Freeza and #17 (how the hell he survived?) step into the battle thinking they could stand a chance against a fully powered titan like Jiren is stupid as fuck. They expect us to buy that the power of friendship of these worms will be enough to defeat him? That's just insane.

Is like having Gohan to lose against Cell and Tien and Yamcha to fully believe they can defeat him anyway.

by Doctor.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:38 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
Having Goku lost his trump card, while Freeza and #17 step into the battle thinking they could stand a chance against a fully powered titan like Jiren is stupid as hell. They expect us to buy that the power of friendship of these worms will be enough to defeat him? That's just insane.

Is like having Gohan to lose against Cell and Tien and Yamcha to fully believe they can defeat him anyway.
Dude, we have no idea how next weeks ep will play out. Jiren also took a ton of damage from Goku in this episode. Calling this ep "atrocious" because we have no idea how Freeza/17 Vs. Jiren happens next week is ridiculous.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:38 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
Having Goku to lost his trump card, while Freeza and #17 (how the hell he survived?) step into the battle thinking they could stand a chance against a fully powered titan like Jiren is stupid as hell. They expect us to buy that the power of friendship of these worms will be enough to defeat him? That's just insane.

Jiren isn't fully powered. He just got the shit beat out of him in a bad way.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:59 pm

precita wrote:Dude, we have no idea how next weeks ep will play out. Jiren also took a ton of damage from Goku in this episode. Calling this ep "atrocious" because we have no idea how Freeza/17 Vs. Jiren happens next week is ridiculous.
Man, Jiren without his both legs and poisoned can still wave his hand to kill both 17 and Freeza with no effort, I know some may think that forcing them to battlefield in a desperate attempt to make the audience wonder how the hell they will get away with that and be invested with it, but they could do it without making everything feel stupid.
BlueBasilisk wrote:Jiren isn't fully powered. He just got the shit beat out of him in a bad way.
Like I said to precita, fully powered or not Jiren using 5% of the power he displayed against MUI Goku is more than enough to vanish both 17 and Freeza.

by Doctor.

CriticalThinker
Beyond Newbie

Post by CriticalThinker » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:06 pm

Sweet mother of god above that episode was amazing and easily my favourite episode in all of Super. Like damn that art and animation was perfect but as per usual the writing wasn't that great, but that didn't stop me from loving this episode. Also the biggest shock beside them finally showing some blood was that they brought back the god damn mvp 17. Like boy I am so much more interested in the next episode now that he's back. Funny thing to me is that it seemed like Jiren talked more in this single episode than he did the entire tournament, still don't like him though.

Nevaeh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nevaeh » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:16 pm

The animation was on point holy shit :o

Loputousu

Post by Loputousu » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:45 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
Having Goku to lost his trump card, while Freeza and #17 (how the hell he survived?) step into the battle thinking they could stand a chance against a fully powered titan like Jiren is stupid as fuck. They expect us to buy that the power of friendship of these worms will be enough to defeat him? That's just insane.

How the hell is that bad writing? Jiren is injured and far from full power now lol. You're just looking for excuses to whine.

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:46 pm

Episode was good and then Android 17 showed up. Kinda ruined the whole episode for me tbh.

Wilderness
Beyond Newbie

Post by Wilderness » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:59 pm

This whole on-going ‘bad writing’ accusation malarkey got extremely boring a long time ago.

You not liking it does not qualify for it to be bad writing. It’s beyond me as to why someone would call it ‘bad writing’ week after week and still continue to watch it - especially if it’s just to have something to moan about.

When it comes down to it, I will trust the actual writers of a show over a salty fan.
"I'm not a bad guy, I am a good guy, who just... hits women with his car."

MegaBossMan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MegaBossMan » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:01 am

jeffbr92 wrote:

.... So should they just let Jiren win? I don't really get it. Goku's out of commission. They've got less than a minute left. Jiren stands in their way of victory. Naturally they know they're far-outclassed, but why should they stand down now when there's no other option left?
By jove, I've got nothing important to say!

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:04 am

Loputousu wrote:How the hell is that bad writing? Jiren is injured and far from full power now lol. You're just looking for excuses to whine.
Except that's just your headcanon, this episode do not imply that Jiren have lost power, just that Goku was about to defeat him. With all the feats presented by Jiren in this arc (being suppressed and still beating the shit of KKx20 SSJB with no effort) is stupid to show that 17 and Freeza can hold their own against him, no matter how injured he was.
MegaBossMan wrote:.... So should they just let Jiren win? I don't really get it. Goku's out of commission. They've got less than a minute left. Jiren stands in their way of victory. Naturally they know they're far-outclassed, but why should they stand down now when there's no other option left?
I'm not arguing that Jiren should win no matter what, just that was a terrible choice to have Goku out of comission while 17 and Freeza take on Jiren, when they could have Jiren blasting Goku off stage and Freeza doing the same with Jiren by blasting him on his back.

by Doctor.