"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Wed May 03, 2017 10:25 am

pacz360 wrote: As i said piccolo is also fighting in the tournament he said last episode he's itching for a challenge.
So is everyone else on the team.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Wed May 03, 2017 10:27 am

HeroR wrote:
pacz360 wrote: As i said piccolo is also fighting in the tournament he said last episode he's itching for a challenge.
But nothings hints he'll miss it especially knowing whats at stake.
Also talked with gohan about team combo attacks

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Wed May 03, 2017 10:29 am

HeroR wrote:
We haven't seen Roshi's feelings about the tournament.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Wed May 03, 2017 10:39 am

TheMikado wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:Q: I've heard Toriyama has a direct role into your work, right?

T: Not only mine: he supervises every storyboard related to the Dragon Ball universe.

So Toriyama supervises the anime storyboards?
Yeah that comment was a little too on the nose considering what the fanbase has been recently arguing about.
The only issue I see is that when the Trunks arc was about to air, the timing of Toriyama's comment about not seeing the Future Trunks arc script is somewhat strange.
Do he not get the info until its already too late to make changes? That would make sense on the theory of the quiet power retcon and why the manga is so different.
Well, Toyotaro does mention storyboards, which aren't done until late into production of an episode and especially on Super's schedule it's nearly impossible boards for the later parts of the arc were done. From what I remember the comment appeared just before the arc began, so all Toriyama could've seen is at best until the half-way point of the arc.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed May 03, 2017 10:40 am

This is what Yamcha though of, I will assume these people are getting in the Tournament for sure and this was a foreshadowing..
Besides this there are other reasons to believe they will be present as well..

Roshi's strength won't be in question and told to be strong enough if he wasn't competing..

18 and Krillin were talked about having a tag team, so they are safe..

If 17 wasn't supposed to be there, why make him so strong out of nowhere, so he is safe

This leaves Vegeta and buu, Vegeta I think they won't remove ,there isn't any reason to, buu on the other hand is insanely hax and this very reason makes him stay out of fights, not to mention all he is doing is sleeping on a cloud in the ending..

Going with buu being removed, if they want to be unpredictable then it's Vegeta
Last edited by Ki Breaker on Wed May 03, 2017 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Wed May 03, 2017 10:46 am

It would be a bummer but I can definitely see Buu being left out. I'd much rather have Vegeta be left out since he's really just a lesser version of Goku in actual combat. Though that'll never happen.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed May 03, 2017 10:46 am

Supreme Kaioshin hasn't come back from his scouting mission yet right? Maybe we will get some aliens after all. (At this point I think it is likely that at least someone will get replaced).

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Wed May 03, 2017 10:54 am

I mean isn't it possible they trying to create suspense and get us all worried on who might get replaced.
Toei try to act like 17 wasn't joining despite everybody knowing he was during the last two episodes.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Wed May 03, 2017 10:56 am

DBZ Macky wrote:It would be a bummer but I can definitely see Buu being left out. I'd much rather have Vegeta be left out since he's really just a lesser version of Goku in actual combat. Though that'll never happen.
I prefer neither getting replaced keep them as it is without any bullshit.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed May 03, 2017 10:56 am

pacz360 wrote: But nothings hints he'll miss it especially knowing whats at stake.
Also talked with gohan about team combo attacks
We don't know the reason why the were cut happened, if there is one. Assuming it's because they weren't feeling it makes little sense since they could have just said no like 17.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Wed May 03, 2017 10:58 am

HeroR wrote:
And this isn't troll. Monaka and Buu were front in center for the U7 v U6 poster. One was a joke and other didn't even fight.

Chances are, if someone is replaced, it's Buu or maybe Roshi (although now that I think about it, Roshi was said to get some shine). And, hate to say it, Piccolo could be in danger since almost all the stuff around him is training Gohan. Not fighting like the others.
And Monaca was also being hyped in the V-Jump magazines...

Buu is getting canned because he will fall asleep, the exhibition matches might not happen in the manga, meaning Tori likes to troll Buu with different gag scenes(being dumb, and now falling asleep).

The only options to replace him are Yamcha and Jaco, because Goten and Trunks are going to take care of 17 Island.
Last edited by perucho1990 on Wed May 03, 2017 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed May 03, 2017 10:58 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Supreme Kaioshin hasn't come back from his scouting mission yet right? Maybe we will get some aliens after all. (At this point I think it is likely that at least someone will get replaced).
He was with Beerus in Episode 87 I believe.
Kanassa wrote:

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed May 03, 2017 10:59 am

HeroR wrote:
Piccolo is the only person Goku has asked that said yes straight away along with saying he is excited like Goku.

Piccolo and Gohan are making combo attacks and he is fighting in the battle in episode 90 so it looks like he is definitely in.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Wed May 03, 2017 11:03 am

I am gonna flip if they do change someone now, they tease those 10 guys and then fuck us up the mint they assemble.... NOOOT COOL!!!! dont you dare change my man Roshi!
If they do change someone, chances are it'll be either Roshi, Boo or Piccolo. Roshi because we have yet to see if he does say "yeah I'll join in" I have a feeling he may not be up for it but the OP and ED hyped the fuck out of him too much to exclude him, Piccolo barely got any cool solo focus shots in the OP and in the ED he's just looking at Gohan like a shadow, but they need team plays and losing Piccolo now would be a big - cause he knows the stake and we need true warriors plus the guy is one of their best tacticians, which leaves me to Boo, the guy is random as hell, he may oversleep and he barely got any focus in the OP while in the ED we just see him sleeping... losing Boo wouldnt be such a big deal like the others cause he'll probably go out on his own in the fights and will not listen to anyone anyways besides Satan (even Satan needed to trick him to get his ass up) so yeah.... if, iiiif they do exclude someone it'll be Boo...

PS: Toei please dont remove anyone, I love the current lineup, dont change anyone.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed May 03, 2017 11:06 am

I wouldn't mind Vegeta being removed, someone needs to change bra's diapers, which apparently is Vegetas specialty now
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Wed May 03, 2017 11:07 am

perucho1990 wrote:
HeroR wrote:
And this isn't troll. Monaka and Buu were front in center for the U7 v U6 poster. One was a joke and other didn't even fight.

Chances are, if someone is replaced, it's Buu or maybe Roshi (although now that I think about it, Roshi was said to get some shine). And, hate to say it, Piccolo could be in danger since almost all the stuff around him is training Gohan. Not fighting like the others.
And Monaca was also being hyped in the V-Jump magazines...

Buu is getting canned because he will fall asleep, the exhibition matches might not happen in the manga, meaning Tori likes to troll Buu with different gag scenes(being dumb, and now falling asleep).

The only options to replace him are Yamcha and Jaco, because Goten and Trunks are going to take care of 17 Island.
Nothing says buu getting canned satan can just wake his ass up with candy like he did in the exhibtion match
Besides yamcha jaco doesn't seem like the type to do tournaments .

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Wed May 03, 2017 11:09 am

Producer said it was Toriyama's idea to have Roshi in the team.
I think one between Buu, Piccolo or even Vegeta will be replaced. Maybe by Yamcha, though it would be awesome if Kaioshin brings Future Trunks.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed May 03, 2017 11:11 am

I don't think Vegeta's getting cut, he has the second biggest focus in the opening.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Wed May 03, 2017 11:12 am

emperior wrote:Producer said it was Toriyama's idea to have Roshi in the team.
I think one between Buu, Piccolo or even Vegeta will be replaced. Maybe by Yamcha, though it would be awesome if Kaioshin brings Future Trunks.
Given what happen in the black arc doing any more time travel will be the last thing they want to do.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Wed May 03, 2017 11:14 am

Why are people assuming piccolo is possibly the ones getting cut the dude straight up told he's been itching for a challenge and know whats at stake not to mention combination attacks with gohan.