"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:00 pm

Noah wrote:
Spider-Man wrote:I'm really excited to see rozie in action again because her fighting style is interesting throught she will to loose #17 but i'm hoping their fight be good.
It will not. I guarantee you that.
Only Toei can Guarantee anything and they keep those plot points to themselves, all we do is guess as best we can by flow of the story and characters. ;)

Just putting it lightly and agreeing with Spider-Man on Hoping, If her Fight with 17 is anywhere close as cool as her teammate Kakunsa's was, then it is going to be Good! :mrgreen:

Also, Glad to see many Hyped for Rozie, Love seeing Rozie Getting Appreciated! :thumbup:
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Big Chief
Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Chief » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:03 pm

Spider-Man wrote:I'm really excited to see rozie in action again because her fighting style is cool throught she will to loose #17 but i'm hoping their fight be good.
It mainly depends on whether he will play around with her like he did with Kakunsa, or if he decides not to and gets rid of her quickly like Vikal.
Some know me as GigglesMcFiggles.

Big Chief
Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Chief » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:06 pm

The_Destroyer wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:This is how I think will go:

17 stomps Rozie.

18 has the upperhand on Brianne, then Brianne gets a power of love powerup due to Rozie being eliminated, eliminates 18 and gives a great fight to 17 only to lose and Universe 2 gets erased in the process.
And how do Zirloin, Zarbuto, and Rababanra fall out then?
The preview doesn't mention them at all, I don't think they will get involved at all, or at least not all three. U6 is probably in the most danger of being erased.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:34 pm

Thing is that both Zarbuto and Ranbara are trash, if Brianne is eliminated then U2 is completely doomed unless Zirloin turns out to be strong(Another Obuni).

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:55 pm

perucho1990 wrote:Thing is that both Zarbuto and Ranbara are trash, if Brianne is eliminated then U2 is completely doomed unless Zirloin turns out to be strong(Another Obuni).
In the Image below Zirloin looks pretty Bad-A$$ and I keep saying his look is allot like Thanos from Marvel Comics, so I hope he is hold back a Mean Supreme Power, would be Awesome! 8)

I am not much on Ranbara, I am hoping he still impressive, Zarbuto is Cool and I hope he has somethings to show, again many of these guys have been here for over half the ToP and we are near 20 mins and less, they have to know somethings to have lasted this long compared to others. Also Ring-smarts go along way too.

My #1 in DB!

Big Chief
Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Chief » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:01 pm

perucho1990 wrote:Thing is that both Zarbuto and Ranbara are trash, if Brianne is eliminated then U2 is completely doomed unless Zirloin turns out to be strong(Another Obuni).
There is at least a chance he is another Obuni. When it shows the other fighters reacting to Jiren's power, he and Hit are the only ones who seem to be unfazed by it.

Not sure if that's any indication of his strength, but it's at least more impressive than what Rabanra and Zarbuto have shown.

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:08 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:117 preview image.
https://twitter.com/ArchedThunder/statu ... 0770283521
I like that Episode Image, Ribrianne looks like she is more determine here and got some of her confidence back!

Rozie looks as Happy and Energetic as she always does, Rozie IMO is like the Sunshine/Hope member of this Group, she Brings Light to the team, many Super-Hero teams have a member like that, always trying to perk the others up with just who they are. :thumbup:

My #1 in DB!

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:19 pm

Big Chief wrote:
There is at least a chance he is another Obuni. When it shows the other fighters reacting to Jiren's power, he and Hit are the only ones who seem to be unfazed by it.

Not sure if that's any indication of his strength, but it's at least more impressive than what Rabanra and Zarbuto have shown.
That is a good example as well, I like to think Toei was teasing something with that image that those not effect as much are going to be more then many think. I like to have surprises in this ToP and not straight forward we know who are the best already.

Zirloin however by his look and reaction already has that powerful ideal to him.

I would also say Maybe LOOK OUT for Shantsa of U4!

He maybe had a surprise look on his face, but he did not hold up his hands at all and he is the last of 3 of U4 left. He maybe same but he has that he is small but he might be hiding his true form in a small package type of character!

So the last 3 member of U4 are pretty exciting IMO to see what surprises they have! :thumbup:
My #1 in DB!

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:26 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
HeroR wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: ...Did he die before or after the episode, where Roshi "got familiar" with #18?
His last episode is when Super Buu ate everyone.
To be fair, wasn't that Roshi's last speaking role in Z?
He talked again after being revived.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:44 pm

If they really plan to drag this arc to March 2018, then Shantsa and Zirloin need to be Blue level threats.

We know U3 will have Blue level warrior once those 3robots fuse Megazord style and Papparoni boosting them, sadly I see Katopesca being trashed by Vegeta once he stops fooling around.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:46 pm

perucho1990 wrote:If they really plan to drag this arc to March 2018...
I really hope not, having this arc ending in January, SoL episodes in February and then finally a new arc in March it would suit better.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

SirTorra
Beyond Newbie

Post by SirTorra » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:59 pm

My expectations for the fighters that are yet to be properly introduced are low. I don't expect them to be anywhere close to blue level and more around buu saga level. I'm hoping that I'm wrong but lets be honest, toei doesn't know how to handle all these characters.

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:05 am

perucho1990 wrote:If they really plan to drag this arc to March 2018, then Shantsa and Zirloin need to be Blue level threats.

We know U3 will have Blue level warrior once those 3robots fuse Megazord style and Papparoni boosting them, sadly I see Katopesca being trashed by Vegeta once he stops fooling around.
I am hoping the whole of the ToP goes until March 2018, late march cause that means more story and more development for both classic characters but espically for the New Ones! The more we have the better cause that will help grow them in the eyes of fans, give the ToP more time to define itself and chances for writers to slow down and take their time with the characters remaining.

I hope for some Slice of Life episodes after the ToP, each team and its members having time to get back home, take appreciation for their homes and families being their and to even get more backstory to each of the characters and where they go from their(I am really looking forward to some Slice of Life time in U2 and getting more backstory on the Girls and the others :thumbup: ).

IMO their is no need to rush this, that is where stories usually go wrong, take the time you need to define what this story is and the characters in it with growth and definition.
My #1 in DB!

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:30 am

perucho1990 wrote:If they really plan to drag this arc to March 2018, then Shantsa and Zirloin need to be Blue level threats.

That is based on nothing.
CJStriker_CBR wrote:
I am hoping the whole of the ToP goes until March 2018, late march cause that means more story and more development for both classic characters but espically for the New Ones! The more we have the better cause that will help grow them in the eyes of fans, give the ToP more time to define itself and chances for writers to slow down and take their time with the characters remaining.

I hope for some Slice of Life episodes after the ToP, each team and its members having time to get back home, take appreciation for their homes and families being their and to even get more backstory to each of the characters and where they go from their(I am really looking forward to some Slice of Life time in U2 and getting more backstory on the Girls and the others :thumbup: ).

IMO their is no need to rush this, that is where stories usually go wrong, take the time you need to define what this story is and the characters in it with growth and definition.
This arc has been going since Feb, what do you mean 'more time to define itself'? There is such a thing as an arc overstaying its welcome. If they are breather episodes, then that means the actual tournament itself will end before March since the Future Trunks Saga officially ended in January, despite the story of Future Trunks concluding in November.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:51 am

HeroR wrote:

That is based on nothing.
CJStriker_CBR wrote:

This arc has been going since Feb, what do you mean 'more time to define itself'? There is such a thing as an arc overstaying its welcome. If they are breather episodes, then that means the actual tournament itself will end before March since the Future Trunks Saga officially ended in January, despite the story of Future Trunks concluding in November.
Whatever the March 2018 conclusion means it will mean when we get their, I am in no rush to find out but only to let the story flow the way it should. If it means the ToP itself, the fighting officially ends in March that is better then it ending in sometime sooner. It gives the writers more time to develop the characters and story.

Honestly allot of this is relative to many fans in the present day sense, an arc can overstay its welcome ~~~ Today. But years down the road when the need to know the conclusions now and inpatients to see the next episode or the next new arc is gone, that is when the arc's length gets truly appreciated more. That is what I see when I hear it going longer, the long term appeal of a story that is taking its time because the writers need that time to tell the story.
My #1 in DB!

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:04 am

CJStriker_CBR wrote:
Whatever the March 2018 conclusion means it will mean when we get their, I am in no rush to find out but only to let the story flow the way it should. If it means the ToP itself, the fighting officially ends in March that is better then it ending in sometime sooner. It gives the writers more time to develop the characters and story.

Honestly allot of this is relative to many fans in the present day sense, an arc can overstay its welcome ~~~ Today. But years down the road when the need to know the conclusions now and inpatients to see the next episode or the next new arc is gone, that is when the arc's length gets truly appreciated more. That is what I see when I hear it going longer, the long term appeal of a story that is taking its time because the writers need that time to tell the story.
Having a longer arc doesn't mean characters get development. Like how much development has U3 has gotten or even U2 which people more or less called the troll universe at this point because of Rib.

Even years down the line, an arc can overstay its welcome. Like many agreed the Namek/Freeza Saga went on too long, specifically Goku vs. Freeza, despite you being able to watch the entire thing at once. The same with Skypie in One Piece. There is a reason why there is a trope called Arc Fatigue or why 'are they still on Namek' became a meme.
Kanassa wrote:

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:27 am

The main problem of this tournament is that the scenario has been stale ever since episode 97, and it’s been almost 20 episodes so I can see why many people are getting Arc Fatigue.
They tried to change it up a little by making the sky green, so they probably knew that was a problem.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:14 am

emperior wrote:The main problem of this tournament is that the scenario has been stale ever since episode 97, and it’s been almost 20 episodes so I can see why many people are getting Arc Fatigue.
They tried to change it up a little by making the sky green, so they probably knew that was a problem.
Actually, people only really got arc fatigue with the recruitments. For the tournament, people don't think the pace has drag except for the few episode before the one-hour special. After that, most fans feel that these have been some of the best episodes in the arc. Unlike here, people have been enjoying the 'Saiyan Showdown'.

And the sky turning green would have been planned before such a thing as arc fatigue. And how would the sky changing color make a different in that regard? Plus, a scenario can't become stale after the first episode. By that logic, all tournament arcs become stale after the first episode.
Kanassa wrote:

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:02 am

HeroR wrote: Actually, people only really got arc fatigue with the recruitments. For the tournament, people don't think the pace has drag except for the few episode before the one-hour special. After that, most fans feel that these have been some of the best episodes in the arc. Unlike here, people have been enjoying the 'Saiyan Showdown'.
I think that for the people feeling fatigue, marathoning the arc after it's over will make for a more enjoyable viewing experience. For as long as there has been build-up and for as long as the tournament itself has been ongoing, I can totally understand why people might feel like they're in a hurry to get to the next arc when waiting week after week for something they'd consider more exciting, especially if certain aspects of the current arc don't appeal all that much to them. I'm personally not a fan of the chief obstacle in the tournament (Jiren) but then there are also plenty of narrative elements I can appreciate too. It's not really a black and white issue.

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:31 am

Some new info about Bulma (Rest in peace Hiromi Tsuru, you're going to be very missed)

According to GovetaXV, no replacement of Hiromi Tsuru is now planned yet. However ,The Agency is Planning on it. There is a possibility that the past-recorded voice will be used in the future appearance of Bulma in Super.

A memorial will also run on Tomorrow's Super Broadcast(19th November,2017) for Hiromi Tsuru!
Gowasu's number 1 fan.