"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Totamo » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:14 am

Marlowe89 wrote:
HeroR wrote: Actually, people only really got arc fatigue with the recruitments. For the tournament, people don't think the pace has drag except for the few episode before the one-hour special. After that, most fans feel that these have been some of the best episodes in the arc. Unlike here, people have been enjoying the 'Saiyan Showdown'.
I think that for the people feeling fatigue, marathoning the arc after it's over will make for a more enjoyable viewing experience. For as long as there has been build-up and for as long as the tournament itself has been ongoing, I can totally understand why people might feel like they're in a hurry to get to the next arc when waiting week after week for something they'd consider more exciting, especially if certain aspects of the current arc don't appeal all that much to them. I'm personally not a fan of the chief obstacle in the tournament (Jiren) but then there are also plenty of narrative elements I can appreciate too. It's not really a black and white issue.
You nailed it, my friend. This is like watching the Freeza saga weekly in Z.

hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:17 am

Totamo wrote:
Marlowe89 wrote:
HeroR wrote: Actually, people only really got arc fatigue with the recruitments. For the tournament, people don't think the pace has drag except for the few episode before the one-hour special. After that, most fans feel that these have been some of the best episodes in the arc. Unlike here, people have been enjoying the 'Saiyan Showdown'.
I think that for the people feeling fatigue, marathoning the arc after it's over will make for a more enjoyable viewing experience. For as long as there has been build-up and for as long as the tournament itself has been ongoing, I can totally understand why people might feel like they're in a hurry to get to the next arc when waiting week after week for something they'd consider more exciting, especially if certain aspects of the current arc don't appeal all that much to them. I'm personally not a fan of the chief obstacle in the tournament (Jiren) but then there are also plenty of narrative elements I can appreciate too. It's not really a black and white issue.
This is like watching the Freeza saga weekly in Z.
So an utter chore then?

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:51 am

HeroR wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote:
Whatever the March 2018 conclusion means it will mean when we get their, I am in no rush to find out but only to let the story flow the way it should. If it means the ToP itself, the fighting officially ends in March that is better then it ending in sometime sooner. It gives the writers more time to develop the characters and story.

Honestly allot of this is relative to many fans in the present day sense, an arc can overstay its welcome ~~~ Today. But years down the road when the need to know the conclusions now and inpatients to see the next episode or the next new arc is gone, that is when the arc's length gets truly appreciated more. That is what I see when I hear it going longer, the long term appeal of a story that is taking its time because the writers need that time to tell the story.
Having a longer arc doesn't mean characters get development. Like how much development has U3 has gotten or even U2 which people more or less called the troll universe at this point because of Rib.

Even years down the line, an arc can overstay its welcome. Like many agreed the Namek/Freeza Saga went on too long, specifically Goku vs. Freeza, despite you being able to watch the entire thing at once. The same with Skypie in One Piece. There is a reason why there is a trope called Arc Fatigue or why 'are they still on Namek' became a meme.
Usually it does , not all and bigger casts leave some behind that is how it goes , but it leaves rooms for writers/storytellers to mold out the visions they have for the arc and characters they choose to focus on . Just cause a group of fans may not be wild about a concept like that is not mean others don't , it is the same that while some may not be to interested in some characters from some of the Universes Like Ribrianne or Caulifla and Kale does not mean others don't , ones ideal of troll is another ideal of Interesting and Enjoyable .

Fans need to learn fast this is the uniqueness of what fandom is , you my find groups of fans that say similar to what you believe at that are good , but you will differ with small things as well . You get into bigger groups of the fandom you will find major differences

It is these differences that help know that some of us like a longer arc and why and then with that can debate with those that want a shorter one and why . That is part of what makes posting so interesting .
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:10 am

CJStriker_CBR wrote:
HeroR wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote:
Whatever the March 2018 conclusion means it will mean when we get their, I am in no rush to find out but only to let the story flow the way it should. If it means the ToP itself, the fighting officially ends in March that is better then it ending in sometime sooner. It gives the writers more time to develop the characters and story.

Honestly allot of this is relative to many fans in the present day sense, an arc can overstay its welcome ~~~ Today. But years down the road when the need to know the conclusions now and inpatients to see the next episode or the next new arc is gone, that is when the arc's length gets truly appreciated more. That is what I see when I hear it going longer, the long term appeal of a story that is taking its time because the writers need that time to tell the story.
Having a longer arc doesn't mean characters get development. Like how much development has U3 has gotten or even U2 which people more or less called the troll universe at this point because of Rib.

Even years down the line, an arc can overstay its welcome. Like many agreed the Namek/Freeza Saga went on too long, specifically Goku vs. Freeza, despite you being able to watch the entire thing at once. The same with Skypie in One Piece. There is a reason why there is a trope called Arc Fatigue or why 'are they still on Namek' became a meme.
Usually it does , not all and bigger casts leave some behind that is how it goes , but it leaves rooms for writers/storytellers to mold out the visions they have for the arc and characters they choose to focus on . Just cause a group of fans may not be wild about a concept like that is not mean others don't , it is the same that while some may not be to interested in some characters from some of the Universes Like Ribrianne or Caulifla and Kale does not mean others don't , ones ideal of troll is another ideal of Interesting and Enjoyable .

Fans need to learn fast this is the uniqueness of what fandom is , you my find groups of fans that say similar to what you believe at that are good , but you will differ with small things as well . You get into bigger groups of the fandom you will find major differences

It is these differences that help know that some of us like a longer arc and why and then with that can debate with those that want a shorter one and why . That is part of what makes posting so interesting .
I am tired of this uniqueness bull sugar coating.Objectively,speaking how many characters have been even tried to be developed,yes its amazing we got 80 unique designs and names,but you know when I try to think of unique abilities in this tournament of skill,only a number of characters like obuni,darcori come to my mind,don't even get me started on personalities nearly everyone is arrogant asshole with negative traits.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:07 am

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:10 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:4 pictures from episode 116.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DB_super2015 ... 6371483648
Looks like a stomp.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:25 am

Not surprised, fight should last at most before hitting commercial break, remember Goku is completely serious here, it doesnt make sense if he sandbags again. GG Kefla.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:26 am

I hope UI Goku gives LSSJ Kefla the beating of her life.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:30 am

Noah wrote:I hope UI Goku gives LSSJ Kefla the beating of her life.
Not happening, I can guarantee you that much..
Everyone is also definitely gonna act surprised when he kamehamehas her..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

mfwlegend3
Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:36 pm

D-delete this..

In all seriousness, this fight should not last more than 5 minutes. UI is on a whole other level. It'd be better for Goku to one shot her. Personally, I would've liked her to be gone when SSBKK came into the picture.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:43 pm

If the fight is short then it would be Freezas turn :thumbup:

I hope the Androids to something else other than just spectating the fight, but I guess they will make sure Kefla is gone besides Freeza doing it.

Lots of people here are going consider tonights episode the best in the franchise :D

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:52 pm

perucho1990 wrote:If the fight is short then it would be Freezas turn :thumbup:

I hope the Androids to something else other than just spectating the fight, but I guess they will make sure Kefla is gone besides Freeza doing it.

Lots of people here are going consider tonights episode the best in the franchise :D
I'm gonna die of laughter if nothing happens to them.
Feels over Reals.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:55 pm

It will happen, Kefla being eliminated is a 100% fact.

I can see the fans here chanting "This is awesome" When UI Goku eliminates Kefla with the kamehameha.

With Vegeta facing Katopelsca next week. then his fight vs Toppo should end tonight.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:04 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:4 pictures from episode 116.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DB_super2015 ... 6371483648
That fourth picture with those aura effects! Looks good.

Still not 100% convinced Kalefla will be rung out if only because Caulifla and Kale have Houdini's fortune when it comes to escaping to fight another day in this tournament. They'll lose the fight, but escape yet again.

But I could be wrong.

Maybe this is their finale. It feels like it should be.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:08 pm

Ki Breaker wrote: Everyone is also definitely gonna act surprised when he kamehamehas her..
Champa and Fuwa are going to have heart attacks the moment that kamehameha gets rid of Kefla.

mfwlegend3
Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:10 pm

Chuquita wrote:Maybe this is their finale. It feels like it should be.
I agree. Other than possibly fighting Freeza, they have no other purpose to serve.

Big Chief
Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Chief » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:13 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote: Everyone is also definitely gonna act surprised when he kamehamehas her..
Champa and Fuwa are going to have heart attacks the moment that kamehameha gets rid of Kefla.
I want to see how the namekians react to being the only two left.
Some know me as GigglesMcFiggles.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:21 pm

Big Chief wrote:
I want to see how the namekians react to being the only two left.
They would have no other choice but to fuse, but then Gohan would use Mystic Form.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:53 pm

mfwlegend3 wrote:
D-delete this..

In all seriousness, this fight should not last more than 5 minutes. UI is on a whole other level. It'd be better for Goku to one shot her. Personally, I would've liked her to be gone when SSBKK came into the picture.
Couldn’t agree more. But then again it’s Toei, so what did you expect?

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:53 pm

18 being eliminated next is likely but it'll make me sick to my stomach if she doesn't get a major win before going down. She's the only female fighter in U7 and we waited a long time to see her fight again.