"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:00 am

It looks like we'll have a new Toriyama interview in the next VJUMP

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

So, it's going to be next month right? Maybe he'll talk about DB's future after DBS is done.

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:03 am

TheSaiyanGod wrote:It looks like we'll have a new Toriyama interview in the next VJUMP

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

So, it's going to be next month right? Maybe he'll talk about DB's future after DBS is done.
This will come on 29th of January

mecha3000
Regular

Post by mecha3000 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:03 am

Ki Breaker wrote:Remember all the speculation a chocolate was the cause of? It's here now..

Red hair SS Goku anyone?!

Hawk9211 wrote: Which of this serious and if it is,then please elaborate.
There really isn't anything to elaborate, Disney one obviously isn't serious, I mentioned that below the image too..
As for the Toyo news, that's all the information and it's all legit..
Oh yeah, forgot about this. Well, the tournament's not over yet so we'll see if these last 8 episodes make this a reality despite the introduction of Ultra Instinct. Maybe the red hair symbolizes Ultra Instict + Super Saiyan God? Probably not and chances are they just ditched the red hair SS form altogether in favor of Ultra Instinct. Still, these last 8 weeks will be interesting to see how Super wraps up.

EDIT: Or maybe Goku can no longer use Ultra Instinct and resorts a transformation called Super Saiyan Red, which is the god version of SS2? Or it's the Ultra Instinct version of Super Saiyan? Most likely, Geekdom or someone else covered this and confirmed whether or not its still happening, but I forgot.
Last edited by mecha3000 on Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:06 am

IM21 wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:It looks like we'll have a new Toriyama interview in the next VJUMP

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

This will come on 29th of January
I am more interested about manga news at this point.Db is going to continue either in form of anime or film .
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:10 am

mecha3000 wrote:
Oh yeah, forgot about this. Well, the tournament's not over yet so we'll see if these last 8 episodes make this a reality despite the introduction of Ultra Instinct. Maybe the red hair symbolizes Ultra Instict + Super Saiyan God? Probably not and chances are they just ditched the red hair SS form altogether in favor of Ultra Instinct. Still, these last 8 weeks will be interesting to see how Super wraps up.

EDIT: Or maybe Goku can no longer use Ultra Instinct and resorts a transformation called Super Saiyan Red, which is the god version of SS2? Or it's the Ultra Instinct version of Super Saiyan? Most likely, Geekdom or someone else covered this and confirmed whether or not its still happening, but I forgot.
Are you serious or joking? That's the same image as in front just with a red tint. That's SSBlue Goku

Sani007
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sani007 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:15 am

The future of DB? There will be Yamamuro-movies and a few lame specials probably a couple of years, then nothing.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:15 am

mecha3000 wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:Remember all the speculation a chocolate was the cause of? It's here now..

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Hawk9211 wrote: Which of this serious and if it is,then please elaborate.
There really isn't anything to elaborate, Disney one obviously isn't serious, I mentioned that below the image too..
As for the Toyo news, that's all the information and it's all legit..

SS red isn't happening..
It's still fun seeing the "form" in better quality, and it looks good too!
Hawk9211 wrote: I am more interested about manga news at this point.Db is going to continue either in form of anime or film .
Toyotaro says he can't say anything
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:17 am

I also hope the ending of DBS connects to the movie, like how the end of Original Naruto manga connected to Naruto the Last movie.

ernesth100
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ernesth100 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:24 am

LightBing wrote: Maybe the movie also plays a role? :think: :crazy:
I think the obvious thing to take away is that Dragon Ball Super has gotten far more popular than anyone ever expected. And as has the Dragon Ball Franchise as a whole. Hell Goku going UI for the first time went viral and his UI Kamehameha Wave did the same. I've never seen more leaked images of a series than of DBS. The plots for the majority of the episodes get leaked weaks before release. The games are more popular than ever, the merchandising has reached it's peak in both licensed and unlicensed formats. DBS successfully buried Boruto which I assumed after the popularity Naruto gained would be the most popular anime currently but Super successfully defied all odds.

Not to mention the dubs and TFS and several other fan-made parodies and videos only accelerated the fact. It makes sense to end it by March because after that they can take a break and make people want it back again. Drop another movie which will likely be a box office juggernaut thanks to Super expanding the fan-base even wider. They played their cards right with this and worked overtime to get episodes out to us. As much as I hate to say it, and as much as I'd love for it to continue, looking back and the grand scheme not only is this obviously their plot to make yet another comeback in the far off(but trust me not as far as we assume)future. But a much deserved break from the workload it takes to carry this franchise.

mecha3000
Regular

Post by mecha3000 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:37 am

mute_proxy wrote:
mecha3000 wrote:

Are you serious or joking? That's the same image as in front just with a red tint. That's SSBlue Goku
Well, how would I know that? And also, I did mention that Geekdom or someone else probably covered this already. Still, Ultra Instinct is enough and I actually don't really want more transformations or power-ups after this, but knowing Dragon Ball - We'll get more, which I'm cool with because I'd be lying if I said the transformations weren't fun.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:37 am

RedHeat wrote:One thing I don't understand is why would Toei fire a Dragon Ball animator/director right when the movie is being developed?
Who was fired?
IM21 wrote:Dragon room wasn't created so that DB would stop... Something will come after the movie... Wouldn't be surprised if ep 131 ends in a ''To be continued'' way.
This won't happen as Dragon Ball Super is not produced by 4Kids.
ernesth100 wrote:There Is Zero Reason For This Series To End.
Speak it for yourself. There are good reasons why this series should end:

- Toei schedule
- Movie production
- Toriyama being worn out, out of ideas or simply thinking this should be the way he wanted to end Super
- Toriyama expressing before that he doesn't want to go past his original work story and that DB ended the same way in the original serialization
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

ernesth100
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ernesth100 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:43 am

Noah wrote: - Toei schedule
- Movie production
- Toriyama being worn out, out of ideas or simply thinking this should be the way he wanted to end Super
- Toriyama expressing before that he doesn't want to go past his original work story and that DB ended the same way in the original serialization
I know I changed my opinion. I doubt he's out of ideas as ideas are...well ideas. They come forever. I'd completely understand him being tired after the large workload. And I would not be surprised if this the way he'd wanna end Super. But I'm expecting at least one more continuation. As this feels a bit...weird of way to end it if you know what I mean with far too many unanswered questions and far too many ways to go. Gotta be a part of something bigger imo.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:49 am

ernesth100 wrote:
LightBing wrote: Maybe the movie also plays a role? :think: :crazy:
I think the obvious thing to take away is that Dragon Ball Super has gotten far more popular than anyone ever expected. And as has the Dragon Ball Franchise as a whole. Hell Goku going UI for the first time went viral and his UI Kamehameha Wave did the same. I've never seen more leaked images of a series than of DBS. The plots for the majority of the episodes get leaked weaks before release. The games are more popular than ever, the merchandising has reached it's peak in both licensed and unlicensed formats. DBS successfully buried Boruto which I assumed after the popularity Naruto gained would be the most popular anime currently but Super successfully defied all odds.

Not to mention the dubs and TFS and several other fan-made parodies and videos only accelerated the fact. It makes sense to end it by March because after that they can take a break and make people want it back again. Drop another movie which will likely be a box office juggernaut thanks to Super expanding the fan-base even wider. They played their cards right with this and worked overtime to get episodes out to us. As much as I hate to say it, and as much as I'd love for it to continue, looking back and the grand scheme not only is this obviously their plot to make yet another comeback in the far off(but trust me not as far as we assume)future. But a much deserved break from the workload it takes to carry this franchise.
I didn't even consider the possibility to rest/alleviate staff because Toei doesn't do that. They just move their talent to another project(s). In this case most will be probably be working on the movie.

They already told us they don't care about delivering low quality content when they rushed to produce Super to ride the success of BoG and RoF. Which resulted in a very rough start to the anime and was visible months after it begun.

ernesth100
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ernesth100 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:57 am

Hm, still expecting a continuation at some point though. If we don't get any confirmation within the next two years then I'll just drop the idea entirely because I doubt they'd wait any longer than that to continue it as it's popular but most fans will loose interest beyond that time period. I feel. Or be dead if Korea decides to follow through :lol: :lol:

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:46 pm

"Can't wait until the next arc comes. This Tournament is taking forever to end. Bring the next arc as soon as possible."

*Super ends in March*

This is why people should value things when they have it. Now it's over.
It sucks for those like me, who were chilling out and enjoying the ride.

Shot out to the user MrKaytos. He and his friends interviewed Chioka and Sakurada during an anime convention in November and they have been saying DBS would end in March, since then. Back then everyone (me included) thought it was misunderstanding and they were talking about the end of the current arc only, but you guys were right all along.

Starting April, a lot of things will change:

- Weekends will be more boring.
- Haters will have to find something new to complain every week.
- Servers of Anime sites like Daisuki, Crunchyroll, Animelab, etc.. won't crash anymore.
- There won't be any new anime scenes uploaded on youtube that easily reach million views like DBS gets.
- Some DB youtubers that earn money by reading other people tweets will have to be more creative from now on.

Well, at least this franchise beat One Piece again in merchandising and beat Gundam for the first time. Some people are so busy complaining about this and that, that they still didn't realize how big the DBS brand is becoming. It's easier call animation to art and print screen in-betweens.

For a show that had so many problems happening behind the scenes, it did much better than the better planned GT. I guess because just like video games, good graphics aren't everything. Hopefully it comes back next year, because this is business and I don't know any company that doesn't love money. Meanwhile, Super will keep taking over the world with its dubs.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:12 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:Remember all the speculation a chocolate was the cause of? It's here now.

Ha, it really was a red Goku image! The image has just had all its colours changed to red, though, there's nothing special going on here.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:00 pm

I hope the site does a April Jokes in April for Dragon Ball Ultra. Imagine the AF type of rumors that we are going to have to deal with for a while :lol: .
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:04 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote: - Some DB youtubers that earn money by reading other people tweets will have to be more creative from now on.

I know ONE guy who apparently doesnt "Bullshit People" while making these kinds of Videos.

FortuneSSJ wrote:"Can't wait until the next arc comes. This Tournament is taking forever to end. Bring the next arc as soon as possible."

*Super ends in March*

So damn true. My lifeline is over. I legit dunno how will i live with my problems now because the DBS has helped me survive this past 18 months.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:06 pm

This changes a lot of things as to how I thought the ToP would end. Goku winning now is the safest route, considering the series ends in 6-7 episodes.

mecha3000
Regular

Post by mecha3000 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:08 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:"Can't wait until the next arc comes. This Tournament is taking forever to end. Bring the next arc as soon as possible."

*Super ends in March*

Shot out to the user MrKaytos. He and his friends interviewed Chioka and Sakurada during an anime convention in November and they have been saying DBS would end in March, since then. Back then everyone (me included) thought it was misunderstanding and they were talking about the end of the current arc only, but you guys were right all along.

Starting April, a lot of things will change:

- Weekends will be more boring.
- Haters will have to find something new to complain every week.
- Servers of Anime sites like Daisuki, Crunchyroll, Animelab, etc.. won't crash anymore.
- There won't be any new anime scenes uploaded on youtube that easily reach million views like DBS gets.
- Some DB youtubers that earn money by reading other people tweets will have to be more creative from now on.
My entire post about the DB DROUGHT (posted an unintentionally timely last week, no less) was all about this, the whole idea of appreciating DB while you have it. Too many fans got spoiled and expected Toei to spoonfeed the show to them on a weekly basis, all the while complaining about some of its more minor flaws. Super has flaws, most don't disagree there. But now, Super is also going to be gone - something I hope reminds fans of the period where there was no Super and to hopefully build an ever greater hype for a new series than the ToP arc has been doing.

As for weekends being boring, I believe My Hero Academia Season 3 starts a week after Super although I have no idea if it airs on the weekends. Despite being a really generic shonen so far, there's also Black Clover. Basically, there's other series for anyone who wants new stuff while Super is gone - including Boruto (FAN WAR BEGINS)....