"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

alakazam^
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by alakazam^ » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:58 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:Your probably right...but he still has a point. Kale and her form still COME from Broly. A character who was not a part of the manga and not cannon my many people definition.

Also while I have said we have not reached the point yet, even by your scoring there is still a 1% chance that with a single sentence we can be dealing with a "Broly is Cannon" scenario.

If that even dose occur.......well just read Mikado's original post.
That's different. When people talked about Broli in the context of Super, they meant the actual character, not someone inspired by him. There's no need to be obnoxious about canon debates but, in my opinion, it's pointless to speculate based on nothing. Toriyama writes the stories so he only considers what is in the manga and nothing more.

This said, we already know how far they'll willing to go and how they handle these things (Kale, Trunks, etc). We should adapt our opinion for the possibility of more "inspirations" from the franchise but they won't be 1:1. Those characters didn't fit in the story back then and still don't now.
GodVegetto91 wrote:A question to anyone with great translation skills

Did Whis really say: "there is a universe where lives a mortal even A god of destruction can't defeat." ??

Or did he acthally say that IT'S (it's universes') god of destruction can't beat.

Because this would make all the difference. If he said there's a mortal A god of destruction can't beat then it would apply to ALL gods of destruction, rather than the one of the universe said mortal belongs to.
He specified that the God of Destruction that couldn't beat the mortal was the one stronger than Beers.
Last edited by alakazam^ on Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:04 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Pet peeve. It's canon not cannon.

Ok you dont know this so I wont get mad. I'm dyslexic, quit severally in fact. While better then I was, I will always mess up words now and then. Also sometime I will never notice I made an error because of how my brain can effects my ability to read as well.

My pet peeve. People telling a dyslexic he spelt something wrong.
I am not mad. It's a pet peeve of mines since people without dyslexic does this.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:09 pm

HeroR wrote:The Future Trunks Saga was done the same way as the Champa Saga in the anime. Only the manga change since Toriyama told Toyo to put in some of his own ideas.
That's not how it works. The anime isn't just straight adapting Toriyama's plot, and Toyotaro isn't changing things just to change them. They both adapt the same plot summary, but it's clear that that Toei made even more changes than just choosing how to interpret some of the content. Like having Black travel to the past. We know this happens. Toriyama has said it happens.
Next up in Dragon Ball Super, adult Trunks will be putting in his first appearance in a long time! I put together this story based on a suggestion from the editorial office. Like last time, I write an outline of the entire plot, then the script writers break it up into episodes, expanding on things, changing things around, or adding in new bits as need be.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:10 pm

HeroR wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Pet peeve. It's canon not cannon.

Ok you dont know this so I wont get mad. I'm dyslexic, quit severally in fact. While better then I was, I will always mess up words now and then. Also sometime I will never notice I made an error because of how my brain can effects my ability to read as well.

My pet peeve. People telling a dyslexic he spelt something wrong.
I am not mad. It's a pet peeve of mines since people without dyslexic does this.
Fair enough. Funnily enough...
Lord Frieza wrote: A character who was not a part of the manga and not cannon my many people definition.
Yeah not one of my more intellectual sounding sentences this one.

dragon boss z
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by dragon boss z » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:20 pm

Did Whis really say: "there is a universe where lives a mortal even A god of destruction can't defeat." ??

Or did he acthally say that IT'S (it's universes') god of destruction can't beat.

Because this would make all the difference. If he said there's a mortal A god of destruction can't beat then it would apply to ALL gods of destruction, rather than the one of the universe said mortal belongs to.
I'm pretty sure the subs said the god of destruction of that specific universe couldn't beat him.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:23 pm

dragon boss z wrote:

I'm pretty sure the subs said the god of destruction of that specific universe couldn't beat him.
So That Mortal > That GoD > Beerus.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:23 pm

alakazam^ wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:Your probably right...but he still has a point. Kale and her form still COME from Broly. A character who was not a part of the manga and not cannon my many people definition.

Also while I have said we have not reached the point yet, even by your scoring there is still a 1% chance that with a single sentence we can be dealing with a "Broly is Cannon" scenario.

If that even dose occur.......well just read Mikado's original post.
That's different. When people talked about Broli in the context of Super, they meant the actual character, not someone inspired by him. There's no need to be obnoxious about canon debates but, in my opinion, it's pointless to speculate based on nothing. Toriyama writes the stories so he only considers what is in the manga and nothing more.

This said, we already know how far they'll willing to go and how they handle these things (Kale, Trunks, etc). We should adapt our opinion for the possibility of more "inspirations" from the franchise but they won't be 1:1. Those characters didn't fit in the story back then and still don't now.
I'm not sure you thoroughly read my thread. My thread was entirely about there being a LSSJ in Cabbas universe and about Cabba possibly being the LSSJ himself. The conversation devolved into the concept and form of LSSJ "never" being in Super because it's not from Toriyama and thus not "canon" to his original manga. No where in that thread did I say they were going to bring Broly the character into Super. It was strictly about whether the other universe should have its own version of LSSJ.

aravinthan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by aravinthan » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:44 pm

I'm not sure that Kale's transformation will be called as LSSJ, because in the toys and other merchandises the transformation is called as super sayajin berserk. If they call her form like that way, that means Broli is not canon and they are reusing the same form. Still I want the above statement not to be true

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:47 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
HeroR wrote:The Future Trunks Saga was done the same way as the Champa Saga in the anime. Only the manga change since Toriyama told Toyo to put in some of his own ideas.
That's not how it works. The anime isn't just straight adapting Toriyama's plot, and Toyotaro isn't changing things just to change them. They both adapt the same plot summary, but it's clear that that Toei made even more changes than just choosing how to interpret some of the content. Like having Black travel to the past. We know this happens. Toriyama has said it happens.
Next up in Dragon Ball Super, adult Trunks will be putting in his first appearance in a long time! I put together this story based on a suggestion from the editorial office. Like last time, I write an outline of the entire plot, then the script writers break it up into episodes, expanding on things, changing things around, or adding in new bits as need be.
He also said 'like last time' meaning Toei did this the story arc before and he directly told Toyo to put in his own twist to the story.

Also, you're assuming that Black didn't travel back in Toriyama's outline because it isn't in the manga since, to be blunt, you have no proof of this.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:05 pm

-Universe 2 team-

While it makes sense they keep the last 2 fighters of Universe 6 team as a surprise, especially if they belong to races we know, the 2 on the background of Universe 2 team picked my curiosity:

Brianne seems to be Universe 2 trump card, but these two are being kept in mystery and they are from new races. I wonder if they are up to something.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:12 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:-Universe 2 team-

While it makes sense they keep the last 2 fighters of Universe 6 team as a surprise, especially if they belong to races we know, the 2 on the background of Universe 2 team picked my curiosity:

Brianne seems to be Universe 2 trump card, but these two are being kept in mystery and they are from new races. I wonder if they are up to something.
The Giant must have been designed by Toyble or another Toei member who does not think GT is crap. Because he reeks of Rirudo.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:24 pm

Hidden guy on the left looks a giant version of Dr Gero.

The big blue guy behind Harpie Lady looks like Rildo fused with Hatchiyack.

Hidden guy on the right is seen fighting one of Universe 10 fighters iirc.

I think the teams that will get development Besides U7,U11 and U6 are U2 and maybe U4.

If those 2 girls next to Brianne are like sisters to her, then they are the perfect matchup for Caulifla and Kale.

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:38 pm

Someone from Comic Vine pointed this out, the big blue guy looks like Thanos.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:04 pm

Do we expect characters to be knocked out in the next episode already? Given there's 50+ of them, I'm expecting quite a few characters done away with.

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:11 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
dragon boss z wrote:

So That Mortal > That GoD > Beerus.
Pretty much, though that god only beat Beerus in an arm wrestle, weather or not that translates over to a fight, idk.

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:29 pm

dragon boss z wrote: Pretty much, though that god only beat Beerus in an arm wrestle, whether or not that translates over to a fight, idk.
It doesn't. Arm wrestling is more about leverage and technique rather than strength and it certainly does nothing in the way of comparing their respective fighting abilities.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:14 am

MainJPW wrote:
dragon boss z wrote: Pretty much, though that god only beat Beerus in an arm wrestle, whether or not that translates over to a fight, idk.
It doesn't. Arm wrestling is more about leverage and technique rather than strength and it certainly does nothing in the way of comparing their respective fighting abilities.
Yeah...I agree but considering it is taboo for G.O.D to fight it seems like maybe that is one way they test their power. So I think even though youre generally 100% right on this...in this specific instance I feel it "implies" more at the least.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:39 am

MainJPW wrote:
In real life this is definitely true, and I agree it's not enough evidence to say for sure, but in dragon ball the strongest ones tend to win.

JigSaw910

Post by JigSaw910 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:03 am

You know....i dont think goku will be the last one standing honestly.i actually believe he will be kicked out. towards the end

IntoTheFire
Beyond Newbie

Post by IntoTheFire » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:46 am

precita wrote:Do we expect characters to be knocked out in the next episode already? Given there's 50+ of them, I'm expecting quite a few characters done away with.
Most likely some will bite the dust in the next episode. The question is how long before the first member of U7 loses.
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.