"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by TheOne » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:04 pm

Regarding the tension in Gokus back they mentioned.

Do you think they went with this "tingly sensation on your back" explanation of Super Saiyan, just so they could say something about this new transformation or whatever they're promoting?
How i predict the tournament will end:

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:14 pm

TheOne wrote:Regarding the tension in Gokus back they mentioned.

Do you think they went with this "tingly sensation on your back" explanation of Super Saiyan, just so they could say something about this new transformation or whatever they're promoting?
I think it's referring to it being an emotionally tense artwork where we see Goku from the back.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:15 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:snip
Well thats very good my friend, so good in fact that I will have to....

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Cheat :wink:
That's the best part, this time around..
Your cheat code works against you 8)
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Yomi
Regular

Post by Yomi » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:17 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:
Yomi wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: I don't buy it, it is 2017 people can't still be on this stupid true fan labelling grind. It doesn't even makes sense. Who are you a true fan too? Some randomees on the internet? It amazes me in 2017 that people are still stuck on labels.
Trust me, it exist. People do get stuck on the "True Fan" label.
People on the internet in 2017 are still ridiculous/stupid. Nothing has changed.
I'm just saying what they call themselves. I'm not labeling them.

Honestly I see way more people saying dont watch if you dont like it.

I never said anything that contradicts your opinion. I am simply stating what people tell me when I ask them to drop the show. I don't know if I failed to communicate that.
:clap:

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:21 pm

Whats the old saying “A traitor may betray himself and do good he does not intend.”

While I have a feeling Frieza is gonna be the one deliver the decisive blow against Jiren (maybenot beat him but weaken him for Goku).....I have this wonderful image of Frieza screwing over U7 because he just cant resist putting a hole in Goku's back when its turned.

Edit: Thats why I love having him in the tournament. So evilly unpredictable.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:39 pm

I wonder if Jiren is actually the mortal with the power that exceeds a God Of Destruction.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:56 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
Whats the old saying “A traitor may betray himself and do good he does not intend.”

While I have a feeling Frieza is gonna be the one deliver the decisive blow against Jiren (maybenot beat him but weaken him for Goku).....I have this wonderful image of Frieza screwing over U7 because he just cant resist putting a hole in Goku's back when its turned.

Freeza indeed is the best thing about the tournament, it's not even jiren, he dosen't light any excitement whatsoever in me, Freeza even overshadows Gohan's involvement in the arc and that's the highest praise I can give here..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:18 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:

Freeza indeed is the best thing about the tournament, it's not even jiren, he dosen't light any excitement whatsoever in me, Freeza even overshadows Gohan's involvement in the arc and that's the highest praise I can give here..
Frieza has been outstaging everyone including Goku who is gonna get a new form.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:45 pm

omaro34 wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:I can understand people not liking that scene, but it baffles me that people complain about "back tingles". The point of the scene is to show how much of a prodigy Caulifla is, not how easy Super Saiyan is to achieve. Cabba says that he's able to turn Super Saiyan on by focusing his energy in a specific way in his back and it creates a tingling feeling and even says that it's not something you can teach because it's a foreign sensation that you have to feel first, but then Caulifla does it anyways.
I can understand people not liking Caulifla getting Super Saiyan so easily, but complaining about "back tingles" is really weird since it's just explaining how the existing Super Saiyans turn the form on.
Yeah the back tingles isn't the issue for most, its just that Goku, Gohan, and Vegeta are prodigies as well, and they had to go through an incredible amount of fighting, training, dying, etc, to achieve what they currently have. Goku didn't first transform until he was a fully grown adult. To see Caulifla do it so easily should bother people, it diminishes the earlier arcs to an extent.

Now if she attains the blue form during the tournament then I think there will be a nearly unanimous negative reaction.
Gohan and Vegeta got Super Saiyan off scene in the manga, and Goten and Trunks got it with no effect.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:49 pm

Noah wrote:I wonder if Jiren is actually the mortal with the power that exceeds a God Of Destruction.
I honestly don't think he is. I think he's just a very, very powerful dude lol.
precita wrote:Well I guess now we know why Vegeta might be knocked out third, he's going up against Pride troopers.
Nothing said anything about him fighting the Pride Troopers though to my knowledge. Spoilers only mentioned Goku working with Kale and Caulifla and Roshi paralyzing foes. I wouldn't be surprised if 101 is when Roshi gets eliminated.

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:53 pm

Ki Breaker wrote: Freeza indeed is the best thing about the tournament, it's not even jiren, he dosen't light any excitement whatsoever in me, Freeza even overshadows Gohan's involvement in the arc and that's the highest praise I can give here..
I feel the lack of excitement for Jiren too. Hopefully he'll peak some interest in the next episode when he finally stops standing around, notably not helping his team, and does a thing.
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:22 pm

I don't think Jiren is supposed to be an actual character. He's just a symbol of what Goku has to beat.

Even Toppo has a personality, so it's not like they aren't giving these new justice warriors personalities.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:30 pm

-Episode 101 preview-

YES!!! Kale is still in game like I wanted. Hopefully it's just a matter of time until she gets her new form.
Caulifla is one of my favourite DBS characters and female characters of the franchise. She teamworking with Goku will be a treat!
Can't wait for their fight this week.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Dragonballgod19
Banned

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:31 pm

Jigurashi wrote:
Noah wrote:I wonder if Jiren is actually the mortal with the power that exceeds a God Of Destruction.
I honestly don't think he is. I think he's just a very, very powerful dude lol.
precita wrote:Well I guess now we know why Vegeta might be knocked out third, he's going up against Pride troopers.
Nothing said anything about him fighting the Pride Troopers though to my knowledge. Spoilers only mentioned Goku working with Kale and Caulifla and Roshi paralyzing foes. I wouldn't be surprised if 101 is when Roshi gets eliminated.
Wait people actually think vegeta going down third lmao you guys are funny I bet you think 17 is going down next Lol

Dragonballgod19
Banned

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:33 pm

My reaction to people who think vegeta going down third:

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:41 pm

Ki Breaker wrote: Freeza indeed is the best thing about the tournament, it's not even jiren, he dosen't light any excitement whatsoever in me, Freeza even overshadows Gohan's involvement in the arc and that's the highest praise I can give here..
I feel the same way. In hindsight, I'm rather glad they recruited Frieza into U7's team if only because of all the potential excitement and unpredictability he could bring to the tournament. I'm certainly not getting that feeling with Jiren right now -- I understand that they're trying to portray him as this ultra powerful obstacle to overcome, but his dialogue has been very minimal and he's spent most of his time so far just standing around. They'll probably change this near the end, but that still wouldn't do anything for me if he's just idle for most of the battle royale's duration.

Dragonballgod19
Banned

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:44 pm

Marlowe89 wrote:
I feel the same way. In hindsight, I'm rather glad they recruited Frieza into U7's team if only because of all the potential excitement and unpredictability he could bring to the tournament. I'm certainly not getting that feeling with Jiren right now -- I understand that they're trying to portray him as this ultra powerful obstacle to overcome, but his dialogue has been very minimal and he's spent most of his time so far just standing around. They'll probably change this near the end, but that still wouldn't do anything for me if he's just idle for most of the battle royale's duration.
Nah Freeza boring after the namek arc he was just a jobber villain

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:55 pm

Marlowe89 wrote:
It's why I'm waiting for him (and Gohan) to do something interesting. Both are sort of doing similar things right now, just sort of chilling somewhere. Both are getting hyped a lot and I'm interested to see what this saga has in store for both of them. It's [partly why I'm interested in this week's episode since Jiren is expected to do something this episode. It's pretty obvious though that they'll continue to tease Goku VS Jiren until it eventually happen. 101's spoilers has Goku outright challenge Jiren and Jiren just goes "Lolno" and sends goons to fight instead. Gotta tease the fight longer.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:59 pm

Yomi wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:
Yomi wrote:
Trust me, it exist. People do get stuck on the "True Fan" label.
People on the internet in 2017 are still ridiculous/stupid. Nothing has changed.
I'm just saying what they call themselves. I'm not labeling them.

Honestly I see way more people saying dont watch if you dont like it.

I never said anything that contradicts your opinion. I am simply stating what people tell me when I ask them to drop the show. I don't know if I failed to communicate that.
Hmm I just meant I dont personally see many doing the whole real fan thing. At least not on this site. I avoid youtube comments.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:07 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:-Episode 101 preview-

YES!!! Kale is still in game like I wanted. Hopefully it's just a matter of time until she gets her new form.
Caulifla is one of my favourite DBS characters and female characters of the franchise. She teamworking with Goku will be a treat!
Can't wait for their fight this week.
even through i despise kale and cabba,I'm having high hopes that episodes 100 will make me like cauli because she's way better than girl and blander version of gohan
Last edited by The gr on Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mostly active on discord.