"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dragonballgod19
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:02 pm

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:09 pm

Noah wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:This gonna be a great week for Dragon Ball!

- DBS will officially have 100 episodes and the next one includes Goku vs Caulifla, Kale's SSJ rampage and Jiren finally doing something.
- Manga chapter 26 release.
- Announcement of 2 new characters for DB FighterZ.
Eeeeeee

But, I don't know how I feel about Jiren defeating Kale so quickly, I mean she has some potential for character interaction, people mentioning how she's exactly like BROLY! and stuff...
He might just pop up and give her a quick judo chop to the neck to knock her out. The previews for 99 emphasized stuff that ultimately wasn't that important so who knows. :think:

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:13 pm

Dragonballgod19 wrote:
Jigurashi wrote:
Dragonballgod19 wrote: Vegeta surpass goku multiple times in the franchise goku only stronger because kaioken and he's the main character if he wasn't he would be yamcha
Terrible argument is terrible. This literally applies to Vegeta himself.
Vegeta isn't even the main character and goku would be normal human level while vegeta would be saiyan saga level notice the difference
Yes, I also notice how Piccolo Jr. was as strong as he was to provide a good challenge for Goku int he 23rd Budokai, and how Vegeta was as strong as he was for the exact same reason, which once again applies to Freeza himself. Your logic fails cause applies to all characters. It's all connected to the plot. Plot dictates how strong the characters are. The fact you've been getting triggered over this is a bit silly. Goku > Vegeta at the moment and has been the case for awhile now. You can say whatever you want to make yourself feel better but that fact won't change.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:49 pm

Dragonballgod19 wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
He looks pretty cool on this and seems a lot like Gotenks.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:19 pm

Dragonballgod19 wrote:Image
It seemed like in the preview for episode 100 that SSJ Cabba was again kicking around SSJ Vegeta. Cabba has to get something new to keep pace with Kale and Caulifla
"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:18 am

KingKaash wrote:
It seemed like in the preview for episode 100 that SSJ Cabba was again kicking around SSJ Vegeta. Cabba has to get something new to keep pace with Kale and Caulifla
Kale knocked Cabba out of SSJ with 1 blast, and for some reason Cabba had the upperhand on SSJ Vegeta, who should be miles stronger than U6 SSJ Vegeta, kinda forced dont you think? :think:

Even though Cabba deserves some love after being turned into a test dummy in the recruitment episodes.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:24 am

perucho1990 wrote:
KingKaash wrote:
Kale knocked Cabba out of SSJ with 1 blast, and for some reason Cabba had the upperhand on SSJ Vegeta, who should be miles stronger than U6 SSJ Vegeta, kinda forced dont you think? :think:

Even though Cabba deserves some love after being turned into a test dummy in the recruitment episodes.
It actually looked like Vegeta just finished a tough fight, and now Cabba was waiting for his one on one. My guess is that it was after magetta and botamo.

I'm gonna hold onto the thought that cabba didn't want to hurt Kale and was just doing trying to get her to chill out. But I don't think that's the case unfortunately.
How i predict the tournament will end:

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:34 am

Dragonballgod19 wrote:
Jigurashi wrote:
Dragonballgod19 wrote: Vegeta surpass goku multiple times in the franchise goku only stronger because kaioken and he's the main character if he wasn't he would be yamcha
Terrible argument is terrible. This literally applies to Vegeta himself.
Vegeta isn't even the main character and goku would be normal human level while vegeta would be saiyan saga level notice the difference
Vegeta was only as strong as he was because was the antagonist. If he wasn't he wouldn't exist, because this is a story.

Dragonballgod19
Banned

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:18 am

Simere wrote:
Dragonballgod19 wrote:
Jigurashi wrote: Terrible argument is terrible. This literally applies to Vegeta himself.
Vegeta was only as strong as he was because was the antagonist. If he wasn't he wouldn't exist, because this is a story.
True,but would still be normal human level he isn't even a prodigy or talented especially when other characters have shown to be bigger prodigies

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:35 am

Dragonballgod19 wrote:
Simere wrote:
Dragonballgod19 wrote: Vegeta isn't even the main character and goku would be normal human level while vegeta would be saiyan saga level notice the difference
True,but would still be normal human level he isn't even a prodigy or talented especially when other characters have shown to be bigger prodigies
Goku time and time again is considered as a genius in combat even from enemies superior to him, Vegeta who's sole personality is 'pride' even admitted that Goku's a genius and that Goku is the best. Using the 'Goku only gets this and that because he be MC hurr durr' is BS, all the antagonists and his rivals got what they got because of Goku, if he wasnt the MC this would have ended with Pilaf getting his wish, all the center characters we know right now wouldnt exist, Vegeta would still be Freeza's bitch for not knowing the dragon balls, another is Goku being the MC doesnt give him a free pass for 1hit k.o he always wins BS like Saitama, Natsu etc. thats the reason why some Goku fans pitty him and wants him to win, he rarely gets a clean win, being a main character in DB never had a grand benefit besides being the reason why enemies pop out and him eventually having to deal with them.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:55 am

SansrivaaL wrote:
Dragonballgod19 wrote:
Simere wrote:
Goku time and time again is considered as a genius in combat even from enemies superior to him, Vegeta who's sole personality is 'pride' even admitted that Goku's a genius and that Goku is the best. Using the 'Goku only gets this and that because he be MC hurr durr' is BS, all the antagonists and his rivals got what they got because of Goku, if he wasnt the MC this would have ended with Pilaf getting his wish, all the center characters we know right now wouldnt exist, Vegeta would still be Freeza's bitch for not knowing the dragon balls, another is Goku being the MC doesnt give him a free pass for 1hit k.o he always wins BS like Saitama, Natsu etc. thats the reason why some Goku fans pitty him and wants him to win, he rarely gets a clean win, being a main character in DB never had a grand benefit besides being the reason why enemies pop out and him eventually having to deal with them.
I mean his whole logic boils down to "Goku's the MC so that's why he's powerful." But that logic applies literally for any character as plot dictates how strong anyone is.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:04 am

Jigurashi wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:
Dragonballgod19 wrote: True,but would still be normal human level he isn't even a prodigy or talented especially when other characters have shown to be bigger prodigies
Goku time and time again is considered as a genius in combat even from enemies superior to him, Vegeta who's sole personality is 'pride' even admitted that Goku's a genius and that Goku is the best. Using the 'Goku only gets this and that because he be MC hurr durr' is BS, all the antagonists and his rivals got what they got because of Goku, if he wasnt the MC this would have ended with Pilaf getting his wish,
I mean his whole logic boils down to "Goku's the MC so that's why he's powerful." But that logic applies literally for any character as plot dictates how strong anyone is.
It's one of the most mindlessly absurd statements I see that people nevertheless nod their heads along to. Goku could only match Hit because of plot", as if Hit wasn't as strong as he was because of the plot; as if Hit, or anyone else, exists independently of the plot.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:28 am

Simere wrote:
Jigurashi wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote: Goku time and time again is considered as a genius in combat even from enemies superior to him, Vegeta who's sole personality is 'pride' even admitted that Goku's a genius and that Goku is the best. Using the 'Goku only gets this and that because he be MC hurr durr' is BS, all the antagonists and his rivals got what they got because of Goku, if he wasnt the MC this would have ended with Pilaf getting his wish,
It's one of the most mindlessly absurd statements I see that people nevertheless nod their heads along to. Goku could only match Hit because of plot", as if Hit wasn't as strong as he was because of the plot; as if Hit, or anyone else, exists independently of the plot.
Agreed, it's why I never take those arguments seriously because of the sheer absurdity of it. Most the time when people throw out the "because of plot" argument it's usually an excuse to represent something they don't like. Same with when people usually call something "fanfiction."

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:31 am

- DBS will officially have 100 episodes and the next one includes Goku vs Caulifla, Kale's SSJ rampage and Jiren finally doing something.
2 more? I thought Future Trunks will be the only one that we will get this week. That's good to know.
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:10 am

SS3 only looks good on Goku, that doesn't look great at all. I think every SS form looks so much better on Goku it is no joke, especially SS4 Goku looks so much better than Vegeta it is astonishing.

Dragonballgod19
Banned

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:15 am

Zamasus trying to run away from Zeno like total bitches hurt my soul My god they really ruined black and zamasu in the manga

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:21 am

Wait, who's the other character? I thought we only had Trunks.
I legit thought this was the Fan Works Explosion thread.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:25 am

DBZ Macky wrote:

Wait, who's the other character? I thought we only had Trunks.
I legit thought this was the Fan Works Explosion thread.
They're announcing two new characters other than Future Trunks, since he was announced a week or so ago.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:29 am

Dragonballgod19 wrote:Zamasus trying to run away from Zeno like total bitches hurt my soul My god they really ruined black and zamasu in the manga
You mean because they are not incompetent and useless villains like in the anime version? Then yeah, they are "ruined". Anyway this is not the thread to talk about that. This is mayorly for spoilers of the anime and other announcements regarding Super as a whole.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:36 am

Dragonballgod19 wrote:Image
You know what? I actually like this a lot and hope Cabba gets this instead of SSB. But considering they haven't even given his SSJ2 yet I don't know what's supposed to happen at this tournament.