"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:14 pm

pacz360 wrote:Also can anyone tell me how the hell can stretch this shit tonmarch when theres not that much fighter's keft

The arc supposedly ends in March, not the TOP. Meaning that could include wrap-up and breather episodes like the Future Trunks Saga, which officially ended in February despite the story being done in November.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:15 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:Ribrianne will be the last Magical girl but will still lose in episode 117. The First half will be Rozie with the second half being Ribrianne.
You are coming to this Theory by How exactly, just curious to know?! :idea:
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:20 pm

CJStriker_CBR wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:Ribrianne will be the last Magical girl but will still lose in episode 117. The First half will be Rozie with the second half being Ribrianne.
She has had enough screen time already and she will transform after she gets angry after 17 has kncoked out both Rozie and Kakunsa. 17 will then join the fight with 18 to knock her out of the ring.

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:23 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote:
pacz360 wrote: The question is who in the tourney left is worth a damn to 17 to fight besides Ribrianne if shes get her shit together
I Honestly want him to fight Dyspo. but you never know there might be other characters who are very strong hidden in the tournament and are still there for a reason.
You basically have the Bugs, Robots and Pride troopers left if 17 gets anything after his fight with Universe 2.
I want 18 out mainly because i really want 17 and Piccolo to team up. i'd be disappointed if they don't interact further.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:23 pm

Lapislettuce wrote:I honestly love Goku and i understand he's the lead but does he have to appear on every episode ?
Ths toei we're talking about the same people responsible for Gt

omaro34

Post by omaro34 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:26 pm

Lapislettuce wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote: I Honestly want him to fight Dyspo. but you never know there might be other characters who are very strong hidden in the tournament and are still there for a reason.
You basically have the Bugs, Robots and Pride troopers left if 17 gets anything after his fight with Universe 2.
I want 18 out mainly because i really want 17 and Piccolo to team up. i'd be disappointed if they don't interact further.
Same. When 17 and Piccolo shook hands in respect for one another before the tournament began I was hoping it was a foreshadowing that they would team up. I'm tired of the predictable team ups, 17 and Piccolo did very briefly work together against Cell but Piccolo was depleted at that point.

If there is anything predictable about this tournament, its the team ups. 17 and 18, Gohan and Piccolo is too damn easy. Mix it up Toei/Toriyama!
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:29 pm

CJStriker_CBR wrote:Yea I am not Buy that 2 Universes will go in 1 Episode, that would be just Sick and in a Bad way of storytelling.

Also it is HIGHLY Unlikely Just By the Title if we have not forgotten "A Universe Vanishes" not Universe"S" and a Focus on the "A", by Grammar alone it states just 1 is going not 2 and usually the Titles are pretty good at giving us the 411 on what is the main focus.

So by that "A" alone, I say it is just 1 Universe Going Likely.

I can be wrong as always yes, but then that would mean the title is a lie and would be stated that way for a long time to come.
Japanese doesn't really have plurals so "a Universe" is a translation choice. The actual title doesn't give any hints about that.
Last edited by alakazam^ on Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:29 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote:
She has had enough screen time already and she will transform after she gets angry after 17 has kncoked out both Rozie and Kakunsa. 17 will then join the fight with 18 to knock her out of the ring.
Not Really, Ribrianne is not done with her story arc, so whether you like her or not she will get more screen time to finish that arc like they did with Caulifla and Kale, they went threw their whole character arc before they where gone. This is not guarantied but likely by how much time they have put into her character already, the ones that get the most that are new characters are the ones that get the development.

It is also Very Hard story-wise to see a Mega Tranformation happen and it not to run its course for sometime, just 1/2 of 117 and 118 would be sad that that is all they give by just story justification alone.

Toei built Magical Girls and by that is seems likely they want to give Brianne time to show what she can do, they need to also make the Final 10 somewhat interesting with character we have come to know, it being nearly ALL U7 and U11 would be a a waste for the ToP for denying variety.
My #1 in DB!

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:32 pm

alakazam^ wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote:Yea I am not Buy that 2 Universes will go in 1 Episode, that would be just Sick and in a Bad way of storytelling.

Also it is HIGHLY Unlikely Just By the Title if we have not forgotten "A Universe Vanishes" not Universe"S" and a Focus on the "A", by Grammar alone it states just 1 is going not 2 and usually the Titles are pretty good at giving us the 411 on what is the main focus.

So by that "A" alone, I say it is just 1 Universe Going Likely.

I can be wrong as always yes, but then that would mean the title is a lie and would be stated that way for a long time to come.
Japanese doesn't really have plurals so "a Universe" is a translation choice. The actual title doesn't give any hint about that.
I am certain that those translations to make it plural was put in their for a reason, but even if not still it hard to see Toei axing 2 Universes at one, taking down both story-wise 2 Universes so fast and denying what variety we can have in the climax when they ahve build-up some of these characters.
My #1 in DB!

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:37 pm

Lapislettuce wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote: I Honestly want him to fight Dyspo. but you never know there might be other characters who are very strong hidden in the tournament and are still there for a reason.
You need Gohan to go out then since he won't leave Piccolo alone.

I just want Piccolo to have a fight that doesn't include Gohan for once.
omaro34 wrote: Same. When 17 and Piccolo shook hands in respect for one another before the tournament began I was hoping it was a foreshadowing that they would team up. I'm tired of the predictable team ups, 17 and Piccolo did very briefly work together against Cell but Piccolo was depleted at that point.

If there is anything predictable about this tournament, its the team ups. 17 and 18, Gohan and Piccolo is too damn easy. Mix it up Toei/Toriyama!
Not going to happen they are not creative enough. It doesn't help when 1 out of each pair gets a lot more glory than the other.
CJStriker_CBR wrote:
Not Really, Ribrianne is not done with her story arc, so whether you like her or not she will get more screen time to finish that arc like they did with Caulifla and Kale, they went threw their whole character arc before they where gone. This is not guarantied but likely by how much time they have put into her character already, the ones that get the most that are new characters are the ones that get the development.

It is also Very Hard story-wise to see a Mega Tranformation happen and it not to run its course for sometime, just 1/2 of 117 and 118 would be sad that that is all they give by just story justification alone.

Toei built Magical Girls and by that is seems likely they want to give Brianne time to show what she can do, they need to also make the Final 10 somewhat interesting with character we have come to know, it being nearly ALL U7 and U11 would be a a waste for the ToP for denying variety.
The Androids and Magical Girls are not Saiyans so they dont get the screen time.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:42 pm

This is quite the race, just when you hear Gohan and Piccolo gonna fight in an ep where a universe goes poof, you read Goku ringing out members of U2... I'm siddin with both U2 and U6 going poof, that'd be somethin new and literally adds more drama.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:45 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:This is quite the race, just when you hear Gohan and Piccolo gonna fight in an ep where a universe goes poof, you read Goku ringing out members of U2... I'm siddin with both U2 and U6 going poof, that'd be somethin new and literally adds more drama.
You mean it is a waste of more characters.

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:50 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:This is quite the race, just when you hear Gohan and Piccolo gonna fight in an ep where a universe goes poof, you read Goku ringing out members of U2... I'm siddin with both U2 and U6 going poof, that'd be somethin new and literally adds more drama.
It would be a waste, wicked that is.

I don't see that happening at this point, I think to many fans are getting ahead of themselves on this one theory when we thought one time the Jiren would KO half of the ring in the special, yea look at that. :crazy:

Allot is pointing to U6 going, a waste yes but not 2 Universes at least. Brianne's New Transformation will likely be giving time to show itself off, so it is unlikely she is going anywhere even if the rest of her team is gone maybe.

Again all theories, but the 2 Universes thing seems like a major stretch to happen and be a killer in the character hype and building areas of this story.
My #1 in DB!

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:51 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Prety much this

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:52 pm

CJStriker_CBR wrote:

I don't see that happening at this point, I think to many fans are getting ahead of themselves on this one theory when we thought one time the Jiren would KO half of the ring in the special, yea look at that. :crazy:

Allot is pointing to U6 going, a waste yes but not 2 Universes at least. Brianne's New Transformation will likely be giving time to show itself off, so it is unlikely she is going anywhere even if the rest of her team is gone maybe.

Again all theories, but the 2 Universes thing seems like a major stretch to happen and be a killer in the character hype and building areas of this story.
The only way Brianne gets to survive is if she runs away, she will be by herself vs 17, Freeza, Goku(despite being worn out), she only wanted to take out Goku because he was alone and tired, and now there has to be a change of plans, she isnt stupid like Caulifla...
Last edited by perucho1990 on Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:52 pm

CJStriker_CBR wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:

Explain. ?

Big Chief
Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Chief » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:53 pm

It definitely seems like it's going to be both, the namekians are going to be the main focus for once. While U2 is confirmed to lose Zarbuto, Rabanra, Zirloin, and Rozie.

Unless Ribrianne is kept around until the end of the tournament to keep trolling people; it will be both.
Some know me as GigglesMcFiggles.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:54 pm

Also where are people getting two universes going out this episode?

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:54 pm

Big Chief wrote:
It definitely seems like it's going to be both, the namekians are going to be the main focus for once. While U2 is confirmed to lose Zarbuto, Rabanra, Zirloin, and Rozie.

Unless Ribrianne is kept around until the end of the tournament to keep trolling people; it will be both.
Rozie is going out this saturday.

Brianne got angry when Vikal and Kakunza got eliminated, and it makes sense if she gets a powerup due to Rosie getting eliminated.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:58 pm

CJStriker_CBR wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:

They are just going to give the last 2 fighters of Universe 6 an average fight and they won't even tell us a thing about Universe 6 Namekians. If it is just a standard fight then I will probably join the group that wants Piccolo to fuse with them ecen though I hate Namekian fusion Their inclusion would have just been pointless otherwise.

One of Zarbuto, Rabanra ot Zirloin is a Tuffle but will be wasted just like Jimeze who is a Yardratian. I am going to predict that Ribrianne's transfromation will be wasted and she will be gone in the same episode just like Ganos.

The list is just endless. Toriyama needs to write his characters better and the person who structured this arc is absolutely useless. Toyotaro also needs to notice this and ask to change things like he did with the Future Trunks arc especailly as he thinks about 'fans expectations'. They have definitly wasted most of the potential that this arc had.
Last edited by namekiansaiyan on Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.