"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:55 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote: If Saonel and Pilina lose then I only care if Piccolo gets the final big moment to knock them out. If Gohan does then it is completely ruined to me as they are Namekians.

Dragon Ball has always been useless at using characters and will continue to be like that until new people take over.

What both Both Gohan and Piccolo gain 1 elimination each other? Its fair play(Although all it would do is Piccolo to match Tiens performance with 2 eliminations).

Most of the people working with DBS seems to be dinosaurs stuck in the 80s, I want Toyotaro to take over at leats we will get more secondary characters being used(He is learning that by being inspired of Hero Academia).
Piccolo will actually get something more than Gohan for once. I don't do fair when Piccolo usually gets nothing and Gohan does.
pacz360 wrote: Toyo still has goku and vegeta be the main show in the manga trunks barely did shit in the in his own arc in the manga version
Piccolo straight jobbed to frost in the manga
Toyotaro is as bad as the rest of them.

It is getting to the point with Piccolo that it would be better if he just goes and lives in the mountains by himself and is never in the show again as Super is destroying his legacy. He will end up near Yamcha status soon if it continues as it is. The same thing with Tien.
Last edited by namekiansaiyan on Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:56 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
kinisking wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:They advertise it as teamwork but it's nothing more than Piccolo and gohan fighting two other guys by themselves around the same area with Piccolo occasionally getting a limb or two off..

The manga should do it justice, it always does..
The Namekian fight has actually had great choreography and teamwork with absolutely no lost limbs.
I swear I saw one of the namekians lose a limb, but the fight was cut off so many times it might as well have not happened, nothing is actually accomplished, at least that's how I see it..
Well, you were talking about piccolo.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:57 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Not really much to get out the latest spoilers. It seems like they're setting up a scenario where either Universe 6 or Universe 2 could be eliminated.
That would be fun, more despair and tension in this arc it is always pleasant to watch also Ribrianne, Caulifla and Kale being erased on the same episode? This is a Thanksgiving present :lol:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:58 pm

118 seems very interesting, I'm happy to see some more Gohan and Piccolo action and I'm hyped because Tate is supervising it.
It seems like U6 will get erased and U2 will follow Champa and co. soon after. I definitely didn't expect U3 to still have this many survivors at this point.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:01 pm

pacz360 wrote:[
Toyo still has goku and vegeta be the main show in the manga trunks barely did shit in the in his own arc in the manga version
I think thats because Toyo was still playing in safe, and now seeems that he will think outside the box to make the ToP very memorable, good decision to show us Jiren and seeing him speak, he already has more personality than his anime counterpart.
Last edited by perucho1990 on Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:04 pm

emperior wrote:118 seems very interesting, I'm happy to see some more Gohan and Piccolo action and I'm hyped because Tate is supervising it.
It seems like U6 will get erased and U2 will follow Champa and co. soon after. I definitely didn't expect U3 to still have this many survivors at this point.
3 of Univerese will probably fuse and be controlled by another so that is why. They will barely last an episode though when their time comes.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:05 pm

pacz360 wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote:I honestly love Goku and i understand he's the lead but does he have to appear on every episode ?
Ths toei we're talking about the same people responsible for Gt
Except Toriyama writes the main plot for Super and Super also have different writing staff than GT. Toei isn't some single entity where everyone thinks alike.
omaro34 wrote: Same. When 17 and Piccolo shook hands in respect for one another before the tournament began I was hoping it was a foreshadowing that they would team up. I'm tired of the predictable team ups, 17 and Piccolo did very briefly work together against Cell but Piccolo was depleted at that point.

If there is anything predictable about this tournament, its the team ups. 17 and 18, Gohan and Piccolo is too damn easy. Mix it up Toei/Toriyama!
We got Roshi and Vegeta, Goku and 17, Goku and 18, and Gohan and Freeza.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:08 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
pacz360 wrote:[
Toyo still has goku and vegeta be the main show in the manga trunks barely did shit in the in his own arc in the manga version
I think thats because Toyo was still playing in safe, and now seeems that he will think outside the box to make the ToP very memorable, good decision to show us Jiren and seeing speak, he already has more personality than his anime counterpart.
The black arc had a good start in the manga yet guess how that turned out
If toyo wants to impress me he better make some of the fighters from each universe in the manga be ssjg tier at the least of he wants to create any sense of danger to our cast or at least have abilities to that allows them to

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:11 pm

Big Chief wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:This is quite the race, just when you hear Gohan and Piccolo gonna fight in an ep where a universe goes poof, you read Goku ringing out members of U2... I'm siddin with both U2 and U6 going poof, that'd be somethin new and literally adds more drama.
It definitely seems like it's going to be both, the namekians are going to be the main focus for once. While U2 is confirmed to lose Zarbuto, Rabanra, Zirloin, and Rozie.

Unless Ribrianne is kept around until the end of the tournament to keep trolling people; it will be both.
Huh? She wasn't part of the group attacking Goku.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:12 pm

HeroR wrote:
pacz360 wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote:I honestly love Goku and i understand he's the lead but does he have to appear on every episode ?
Ths toei we're talking about the same people responsible for Gt
Except Toriyama writes the main plot for Super and Super also have different writing staff than GT. Toei isn't some single entity where everyone thinks alike.
omaro34 wrote: Same. When 17 and Piccolo shook hands in respect for one another before the tournament began I was hoping it was a foreshadowing that they would team up. I'm tired of the predictable team ups, 17 and Piccolo did very briefly work together against Cell but Piccolo was depleted at that point.

If there is anything predictable about this tournament, its the team ups. 17 and 18, Gohan and Piccolo is too damn easy. Mix it up Toei/Toriyama!
We got Roshi and Vegeta, Goku and 17, Goku and 18, and Gohan and Freeza.
Toei decides though to have 4 episode in a row of Goku which was not needed.

Goku and 17, Goku and 18 and Gohan with Frieza are barely teamups.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:14 pm

perucho1990 wrote:I mean seeing these characters with great designs ending up as fodders makes want this year to end already and move on to 2018, where we will get competent mainstream series that can blow away DBS(One Punch Man Season 2, Hero Academia Season 3, Attack on Titan Season 3, Tokyo Ghoul Re, Gintama Final Season, JJBA Vento Aureo, etc).
Huh? I don't remember hearing confirmation of this. Part 5 never
Big Chief wrote:
The_Destroyer wrote:So Zirloin is fodder? Fuck this show! Why does every universe except 6,7, and 11 have weak fighters? God damn it Katopesla, you better have more power in that suit.
Time to add Zirloin to the "list of cool designs that ended up being fodder" which now consists of: Majora, Nigrisshi, Vikal, Maji Kayo and now Zirloin.

Well, Katopesla is my last hope and he's a gag character.
I'm actually kinda amazed at how well (relatively speaking) Katopesla has been handled. Having a gag character role is really beneficial, it seems. Though I'd love for him to turn out to be an actual threat, I can't complain.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:15 pm

pacz360 wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote:
pacz360 wrote: Explain. ?
It is World Building Basically. :idea:

One of the things the was exotic about this arc for me and I am sure other fans is the idea of other universe and what strange and powerful beings they have in them. I got my hyped for a very powerful and variety of characters showing what they can do. It would make the U7 Warriors remember they maybe Big Fish in their pond but their is a multiverse out their of = to + Stronger warriors out their.

I can see one or two Universes not being as powerful, but we got that with U9 and U10. The Arc needs to establish a Dramatic ideal of a few Universes even only having 1-2 fighters in each as Universes that have achieved power that can rival the best of U7. If we don't get that and U7 is only truly challenged by 1 Universe, U11, then Toei just made a wicked waste on both creativity of character and value of the universes.

Now I would hope this is not the case and I give value to characters and universes beyond just power.

But lets face facts that a good amount of fans put Importance to characters on their power levels. If the Universes, to many of them prove to be less of a challenge for U7 then they may be lost in the minds of Fans and the Grand ideal of a Multiverse of Universes will be dumb-down to just 2-3 at best.

They can get stronger, but it will be a bad handicap for the others universes to have to power-up to be relevant in the eyes of a good amount of fans and the story as a whole.
:idea:
That my main gripe in this saga with this shit
You can tell toei and tori couldnt be bothered to bullshit some if these fighters to ssjg/blue leve
Like come on whats the pont of hyping these guys if your gonna have them job like shit and nt even be a threat t even ssj goku
Honestly it is a bit of a mystery and one can only guess, one being Toei is just scared to try and make to many characters powerful to make trouble for Goku and company fearing fan backlash or something. They think if Goku and company maybe looks always awesome it will make fans happy to keep watching, but honestly I find for some the opposite is happening.

But that is one of many possible, but just a theory for fun.

Really who knows why, but yea I need more time in watching this series if they do go down this road. If universes get wasted and we are left of a cliched final battle between just U7 and U11 without the others universes beside U6 being shown as powerful, I might just think the series is not creative enough to give much more time to it for awhile. :yawn:

Again that is WAY down the line, but if Toei fails at making their Dragon Ball Multiverse Viable like Marvel and DC Comics have brilliantly made Grand Multiverses of their owns Viable beyond words, they can lose fans like me cause they just reverted back to form to only have U7 and at less 2 others matter.

Again that is allot down the road, but it was the multiverse that got me back in Super and if I am not to please with the ToP results I might grow bored again with it sadly.
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:20 pm

The_Destroyer wrote:So Zirloin is fodder? Fuck this show! Why does every universe except 6,7, and 11 have weak fighters? God damn it Katopesla, you better have more power in that suit.
Looking at your avatar, maybe you have habit of backing the loser.

(I'm not being completely serious).
namekiansaiyan wrote:

The director decided to have four episodes with Goku fighting tough people, not 'Toei'.

And those were still team-ups even if they were short.
Kanassa wrote:

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:23 pm

pacz360 wrote: The black arc had a good start in the manga yet guess how that turned out
If toyo wants to impress me he better make some of the fighters from each universe in the manga be ssjg tier at the least of he wants to create any sense of danger to our cast or at least have abilities to that allows them to
Toyo should give some of the fighters quite hax abilities to compensate their lack of raw powers, the narrative was that strategy and skills will be vital in the ToP. Having Goku and Vegeta fighting a lot of fodder characters wasnt a good decision.

Alruneia wrote: Huh? I don't remember hearing confirmation of this. Part 5 never
Big Chief wrote:
Time to add Zirloin to the "list of cool designs that ended up being fodder" which now consists of: Majora, Nigrisshi, Vikal, Maji Kayo and now Zirloin.

Well, Katopesla is my last hope and he's a gag character.
I'm actually kinda amazed at how well (relatively speaking) Katopesla has been handled. Having a gag character role is really beneficial, it seems. Though I'd love for him to turn out to be an actual threat, I can't complain.
They will confirm VA in Jump Festa.

The last time Vegeta encountered a gag character(Dr Rota) he blasted him out of the ring, Katopelsa has a good chance in getting eliminated.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:25 pm

HeroR wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:

The director decided to have four episodes with Goku fighting tough people, not 'Toei'.

And those were still team-ups even if they were short.
The show needs a new director then.

Big Chief
Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Chief » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:30 pm

HeroR wrote:
Big Chief wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:This is quite the race, just when you hear Gohan and Piccolo gonna fight in an ep where a universe goes poof, you read Goku ringing out members of U2... I'm siddin with both U2 and U6 going poof, that'd be somethin new and literally adds more drama.
It definitely seems like it's going to be both, the namekians are going to be the main focus for once. While U2 is confirmed to lose Zarbuto, Rabanra, Zirloin, and Rozie.

Unless Ribrianne is kept around until the end of the tournament to keep trolling people; it will be both.
Huh? She wasn't part of the group attacking Goku.
She's going up against 17, nothing has been said but no one thinks she's going to survive the episode.
Some know me as GigglesMcFiggles.

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:40 pm

Of course Zirloin was fodder. I mean, Ribrianne was stated to be U2's strongest and she's Base Saiyan tier. What did you expect?

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:43 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
Big Chief wrote:

Rozie is going out this saturday.

Brianne got angry when Vikal and Kakunza got eliminated, and it makes sense if she gets a powerup due to Rosie getting eliminated.
Considering that Brianne was smiling when she was transforming in the preview, I highly doubt she will transform due to Rozie getting eliminated. Remember what Goku said? "Ribrianne uses the power of love for a terrifying transformation".

I think Universe 6 will go. I don't think Ribrianne will go just yet, she's the only female fighter left that I could see making it to the final 10. After she transforms, she will probably fight with 17 and 18, and their fight will be like Vegeta's fight with Toppo.
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:49 pm

Hopefully 118 doesn't boil down to "It's a tough fight because Gohan doesn't just use his Ultimate state, which does not drain stamina or have drawbacks."
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:53 pm

I find it funny how toshio been quite as of late usually he would be saying something