"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Kaiosama » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:37 am

Cetra wrote:This is why people are the worst. Those attacks on Toshio-san. What was he supposed to do? Make Vegeta fart Jiren out of the stage for them to be happy?
It's not Toshio's fault. Do they really think Toei would ever allow him to write an episode where he outshines the Main Character?

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:38 am

Kaiosama wrote:
Cetra wrote:This is why people are the worst. Those attacks on Toshio-san. What was he supposed to do? Make Vegeta fart Jiren out of the stage for them to be happy?
It's not Toshio's fault. Do they really think Toei would ever allow him to write an episode where he outshines the Main Character?
Some (Most) people just don't know what's going on outside of the cellar they live in. It is a pity.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:41 am

Cetra wrote:
Kaiosama wrote:
Some (Most) people just don't know what's going on outside of the cellar they live in. It is a pity.
Unless you are Toshio himself, there's no need to be so outraged and personally vindictive. It was a bad episode for vegeta. The Bulma and Cabba promise had been way overdone by this episode to the point that it lost all meaning. 126 REALLY should have been the end for him.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:43 am

Professor Freeza wrote: Unless you are Toshio himself, there's no need to be so outraged and personally vindictive.
Do you know what outraged and vindictive means? Nothing in my post even came close to that as it is a mere evaluation of typical internet behaviour of other people, not just those and if I were you I would not post such things.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:46 am

Cetra wrote:
Professor Freeza wrote: Unless you are Toshio himself, there's no need to be so outraged and personally vindictive.
Do you know what outraged and vindictive means? Nothing in my post even came close to that and if I were you I would not post such things.
Cetra wrote:This is why people are the worst.
Cetra wrote:
Kaiosama wrote:
I think i know it more than you do.
Last edited by Professor Freeza on Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:48 am

Professor Freeza wrote: I think i know it more than you do.
Obviously not since you have no idea of context and a sender's intent if you are not the sender. And that is axiomatic, by the way. You cannot know the sender's intent better than the sender himself.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:49 am

Cetra wrote:
Obviously not since you have no idea of context and a sender's intent if you are not the sender.
Ya well unless you are Toshio's personal Twitter Bodyguard your actions make no sense. Other than being an attention seeker.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:51 am

Professor Freeza wrote:
Cetra wrote:
Obviously not since you have no idea of context and a sender's intent if you are not the sender.
Ya well unless you are Toshio's personal Twitter Bodyguard your actions make no sense. Other than being an attention seeker.
Question: Do you actually read a post 5 minutes after it was posted instead of instantly replying? Obviously not because there was an explanation included. Be careful with the attention seeker comment. I have seen a lot of your posts that are beyond normal behaviour and just for mere arguments.

Edit: Sigh ...and that coming from a guy throwing around factual claims at inadequate times like "GT is shit, I do not need to prove that" ... talk about good old double standards.
Last edited by Cetra on Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:09 am, edited 6 times in total.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:54 am

Cetra wrote:
Professor Freeza wrote:
Cetra wrote:
Question: Do you actually read a post 5 minutes after it was posted instead of instantly replying? Obviously not because there was an explanation included. Be careful with the attention seeker comment. I have seen a lot of your posts that are beyond normal behaviour and just for mere arguments.

I suggest you do your evaluation and answering to those people on Twitter. Over here, you are only wasting proper discussion space and coming off a bitter fan who cant take an honest and valid opinion.

Batman doesnt fight crime in a computer. Fight your battle with those people in Twitter. Dont waste space here

/topic.

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:01 am

When Super ends, I'm done with this fandom until another anime comes out.

ssj3kakarot
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssj3kakarot » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:04 am

I'm actually excited for this fight in 129.

The NEP when they show Goku mastering UI, reminds me of when he went SSJ for the 1st time. He was pissed off. He was at the end of his limits. The look in his eyes on Namek look very similar to now ( NEP ) Let the games begin!
" I swear on that faith I can never back down now" - Goku

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:09 am

Professor Freeza wrote:
As a fellow Vegeta fan, i understand their rage. This episode really dragged on in the Vegeta half. Its just a rehash. Vegeta thinking of others, trying to do everything, losing and acknowledging that he couldnt keep his promise. Just a different take on Kid Buu ending. The Goku half was much better.

If this is Toshio's "Cool Vegeta episode", i'd have preferred Vegeta to truly kill himself taking down Hakaishin Toppo. That would have made much more sense, and would have been more impactful. They really dragged him down, unlike 17 who got a perfect sendoff
But that didn't happened in this episode. He never acknowledge Goku as the better, only that it was up to him since he lost. And Vegeta wasn't thinking of others against Buu, unless you mean when he blew himself up against Fat Buu. The similarities with Kid Buu begins and ends with, Vegeta gets the shit beating out of him.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:14 am

ssj3kakarot wrote:I'm actually excited for this fight in 129.

The NEP when they show Goku mastering UI, reminds me of when he went SSJ for the 1st time. He was pissed off. He was at the end of his limits. The look in his eyes on Namek look very similar to now ( NEP ) Let the games begin!
If it’s anything like the namek fight, then goku will overwhelm suppressed jiren, then jiren will power up and both will fight an even match. Freeza seems to be the deciding factor here

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:15 am

HeroR wrote:
Professor Freeza wrote:
As a fellow Vegeta fan, i understand their rage. This episode really dragged on in the Vegeta half. Its just a rehash. Vegeta thinking of others, trying to do everything, losing and acknowledging that he couldnt keep his promise. Just a different take on Kid Buu ending. The Goku half was much better.

If this is Toshio's "Cool Vegeta episode", i'd have preferred Vegeta to truly kill himself taking down Hakaishin Toppo. That would have made much more sense, and would have been more impactful. They really dragged him down, unlike 17 who got a perfect sendoff
But that didn't happened in this episode. He never acknowledge Goku as the better, only that it was up to him since he lost. And Vegeta wasn't thinking of others against Buu, unless you mean when he blew himself up against Fat Buu. The similarities with Kid Buu begins and ends with, Vegeta gets the shit beating out of him.
Regardless, it was a very poor and unoriginal way to send him off.

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:18 am

Was quite a good episode,aside from the problems which have been said again and again.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:24 am

Professor Freeza wrote: Regardless, it was a very poor and unoriginal way to send him off.
So him blowing himself up and dying would have been more original? Or should he just been pushed out of the ring in 119, that would have been original.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:27 am

Professor Freeza wrote:
sintzu wrote:
RedHeat wrote:I'd hate to be a Vegeta fan right about now.
He was really sad this arc, he only got a new form, took down a destroyer level fighter and put up a great fight against Jiren till the very end, is now the 3rd strongest fight within the 8 universes among other things.
Kaiosama wrote:Some Vegeta fans are going after Toshio on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/MrDuckersonTwo/stat ... 0371417089

Finally, a Vegeta fan who agrees with me. People just repeat "Vegeta fans are never satisfied" without correctly interpreting what these fans are saying. This episode was just ridiculous for Vegeta. He was beaten, did nothing against Jiren and all the flashbacks failed to motivate Toppo unlike what happened against Toppo
Last edited by TheSaiyanGod on Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:28 am

HeroR wrote:
Professor Freeza wrote: Regardless, it was a very poor and unoriginal way to send him off.
So him blowing himself up and dying would have been more original? Or should he just been pushed out of the ring in 119, that would have been original.
Now that you mention it, there wouldnt have been anything original. Still, i'd take him going out with Toppo.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:29 am

HeroR wrote:
Look, I have been telling you time and time again but you refuse to agree with me.

People are more upset because they felt the show promise them more than what they got.

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:30 am

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Professor Freeza wrote:
sintzu wrote:
He was really sad this arc, he only got a new form, took down a destroyer level fighter and put up a great fight against Jiren till the very end, is now the 3rd strongest fight within the 8 universes among other things.
Kaiosama wrote:Some Vegeta fans are going after Toshio on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/MrDuckersonTwo/stat ... 0371417089

Finally, a Vegeta fan who agrees with me. People just repeat "Vegeta fans are never satisfied" without correctly interpreting what these fans are saying. This episode was just ridiculous for Vegeta. He was beaten, did nothing against Jiren and all the flashbacks failed to motivate him as well as happened against Toppo

Even that would have been acceptable, had the Cabba Bulma thing wasnt so overused before. Like if they only mentioned Bulma here first time and Cabba only after ep 123, things would have felt fresher. But no. They had to do it 3 episodes.
Last edited by Professor Freeza on Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.