"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Professor Freeza » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:46 pm

TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:Image
I think its that KHH which Jiren stops.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:50 pm

I love Super and had so much fun watching it but I am somewhat disappointed that we only had one proper
Story arc with a proper villain: The Future Trunks arc.

The TOP had a lot of great moments and it’s great that they used so many characters but at the end of the day tournament arcs just aren’t my favorite. And the fact that we ended the series on that makes me feel a little meh.

Okay and I am super disappointed we didn’t get a Sadala arc and even more disappointed we didn’t get another bunch of slice of life filler.

But I don’t regret at all that we got another DB series. It really brought back my love for this world and characters in a way I never expected.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:59 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
What do you mean by an epic arc like namek? Like a planet sadala arc? Cause if that’s so, I agree. To bad we most likely won’t get to see that. Maybe a mini series down the line
I mean ‘epic’ in a sense of a huge story with many twists. Future Trunks Saga was great, but more like the King Piccolo Saga in scale. Universe Survival Saga while long is still a tourument at the end of the day. I wanted a big story arc similar to Namek with a compelling story like the Future Trunks Saga. It’s the one key thing missing from Super to me.
True. Tho the way Super has been since the beginning, an epic arc would be very unlikely, since they seem to have trouble guiding a story properly. I would like an arc about universe 6 or 11. Explore the most important universes. Universe 6 because it’s the twin universe, and universe 11 because the have the legendary warrior jiren. I would also would have lived a mini arc about hit. Such an interesting character, not explored to its full potential.

I guess we can only dream now
I don’t think they have problems guiding an arc and I never expected them to explore other universes. The cast aren’t even interested in their own.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:01 pm

Kinokima wrote:I love Super and had so much fun watching it but I am somewhat disappointed that we only had one proper
Story arc with a proper villain
: The Future Trunks arc.

The TOP had a lot of great moments and it’s great that they used so many characters but at the end of the day tournament arcs just aren’t my favorite. And the fact that we ended the series on that makes me feel a little meh.

Okay and I am super disappointed we didn’t get a Sadala arc and even more disappointed we didn’t get another bunch of slice of life filler.

But I don’t regret at all that we got another DB series. It really brought back my love for this world and characters in a way I never expected.
Personally, I like that about Super.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:01 pm

HeroR wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
HeroR wrote:
I mean ‘epic’ in a sense of a huge story with many twists. Future Trunks Saga was great, but more like the King Piccolo Saga in scale. Universe Survival Saga while long is still a tourument at the end of the day. I wanted a big story arc similar to Namek with a compelling story like the Future Trunks Saga. It’s the one key thing missing from Super to me.
True. Tho the way Super has been since the beginning, an epic arc would be very unlikely, since they seem to have trouble guiding a story properly. I would like an arc about universe 6 or 11. Explore the most important universes. Universe 6 because it’s the twin universe, and universe 11 because the have the legendary warrior jiren. I would also would have lived a mini arc about hit. Such an interesting character, not explored to its full potential.

I don’t think they have problems guiding an arc and I never expected them to explore other universes. The cast aren’t even interested in their own.
Disagree. I find the other universe to be interesting. Exploring them would have been nice.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:06 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:

Disagree. I find the other universe to be interesting. Exploring them would have been nice.
I mean the characters within Dragon Ball aren’t interested in the new universes except Vegeta with the U6 Saiyans. I’m not talking about the audience.
Kanassa wrote:

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:10 pm

HeroR wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
HeroR wrote:
I mean the characters within Dragon Ball aren’t interested in the new universes except Vegeta with the U6 Saiyans. I’m not talking about the audience.
A lot of people actually really wanted an arc about other universes. So they are interesting to other people. But this is just wants, since it’s not happening

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:21 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
A lot of people actually really wanted an arc about other universes. So they are interesting to other people. But this is just wants, since it’s not happening
My point is that you can’t really explore the universes since the cast have no interest in it. Like Goku never showed a desire to see U6.
Kanassa wrote:

darzap
Beyond Newbie

Post by darzap » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:31 pm

HeroR wrote:My point is that you can’t really explore the universes since the cast have no interest in it. Like Goku never showed a desire to see U6.
"Oh no! There is this super powerful guy haunting my universe and threatening our people," is all it takes to awaken the interest of Goku and if Goku goes, Vegeta will tag along because he would not allow Goku to have a powerful enemy all by himself. Exploring another universe is really not an issue with regard to character motivation.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:48 pm

darzap wrote:
HeroR wrote:My point is that you can’t really explore the universes since the cast have no interest in it. Like Goku never showed a desire to see U6.
"Oh no! There is this super powerful guy haunting my universe and threatening our people," is all it takes to awaken the interest of Goku and if Goku goes, Vegeta will tag along because he would not allow Goku to have a powerful enemy all by himself. Exploring another universe is really not an issue with regard to character motivation.
Goku really doesn’t do stuff like that outside the original movies. Goku wanted to fight Hit, but he never bothered to go to U6. He just put a hit on himself and made Hit come to him.
Kanassa wrote:

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:39 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Based on this charts, we can say DB profits more than One Piece?
Zamasu55 wrote:So, Goku only surpasses Beerus with his mastered UI. This means that Ultra Instinct Omen is weaker.
Where this was said?
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:48 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
Image[/spoiler]
It makes a lot more than One Piece.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:55 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
Image[/spoiler]
Zamasu55 wrote:So, Goku only surpasses Beerus with his mastered UI. This means that Ultra Instinct Omen is weaker.
Where this was said?
https://mobile.twitter.com/Herms98/stat ... 6635300869

That where the MUI goku >> G.o.D comes from

Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kaiosama » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:32 pm

Guys this series is ending, stop being in denial. There's a very small chance that we will ever see DB on TV again in the next 10 years. DBS served it's purpose. It created a bunch of new characters for it's video games. Maybe we get a movie once in a while, but I don't see them bringing DB back to TV anytime soon. And to be honest, DBS wasn't that good to begin with, so it's probably a good thing it's going off the air.

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:44 pm

HeroR wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Reasons can be made.For example,another tournament even if it is lazy,Bulma invents some machine that malfunctions and sends the cast to some other universe etc.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:09 am

Kaiosama wrote:Guys this series is ending, stop being in denial. There's a very small chance that we will ever see DB on TV again in the next 10 years. DBS served it's purpose. It created a bunch of new characters for it's video games. Maybe we get a movie once in a while, but I don't see them bringing DB back to TV anytime soon. And to be honest, DBS wasn't that good to begin with, so it's probably a good thing it's going off the air.
You have good points (besides saying that DBS wasn't that good), I would prefer if the franchise took a time for fans absorb Super and then comes with a new anime series project in the next 5 years.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:23 am

Kaiosama wrote:Guys this series is ending, stop being in denial. There's a very small chance that we will ever see DB on TV again in the next 10 years. DBS served it's purpose. It created a bunch of new characters for it's video games. Maybe we get a movie once in a while, but I don't see them bringing DB back to TV anytime soon. And to be honest, DBS wasn't that good to begin with, so it's probably a good thing it's going off the air.
You have zero evidence for most of what you just said. Super is ending and no k one is denying that. Nothing else is proven. Heck, we don't even know why the show is ending in the first place.

But past history tells us this. Kai ended in 2011, Battle of gods dropped 2013, resurrection f dropped 2015, super dropped the same year, new movie reveal 2017, super ends ends 2018 and movie drops the same year.

Odds are we get a new movie or show 2020.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:37 am

Totamo wrote:
You have zero evidence for most of what you just said. Super is ending and no k one is denying that. Nothing else is proven. Heck, we don't even know why the show is ending in the first place.

But past history tells us this. Kai ended in 2011, Battle of gods dropped 2013, resurrection f dropped 2015, super dropped the same year, new movie reveal 2017, super ends ends 2018 and movie drops the same year.

Odds are we get a new movie or show 2020.
We know why its stopping.

Its because a new Kitaro series is airing. Its a Toei tradition for them to create a new Kitaro adaptation every ten years and air it in Supers time-slot. Since this big new arc is over, they felt like it would be a good place to end the series and replace it with a Kitaro show.

GohanHiddenPowers

Post by GohanHiddenPowers » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:44 am

OverHeaven wrote:Fans who were trashing the Gohan Blanco meme and criticizing whoever use it should like it's something very stupid should feel embarrassed too.

I'm not even joking, I'd take this over any of these shitty forms at anytime
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

What is even sadder is that there are many people who'll probably defend this and say things like "this fanbase never stop crying at every little thing"
Also, Ultra Instinct was perfect as it was. One of the few things done right in Super but of course, let's ruin it why not.
Bonus:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I think some people started with this idea of "angel ki" and "white hairs" because these angels of DBS have... white hair. Who could say that Goku would get the "white hair transformation", and not someone else, like Gohan, Vegeta (well, he had his new form, anyways)? This ridiculous memes with angel wings are ridiculous because the angels from DBS don't have... wings. But that's waht memes are: massively repeated ideas with a tone of irony, sarcasm, humor... something natural in a fandom with at least three characters, on the side of the good guys, who have fans with strong opinions: Goku, Vegeta, and Gohan. And like you said, what are these fanmade works if not what DBAF is. DBHeroes, DBFusions, so many ideas and products of the franchise that would sound crazy to many people, but there are fans of these things out there. Not my favourite, but the most creative transformation of this franchise is SSJ4, with all the Oozaru concepts behind. DBGT had many flaws about the lack of character approach, or the forced prominence chosen for others. Problems that DBS also has.
SirTorra wrote:Its fucking ridiculous how rushed this feels. As much as I despise Super, it's still Dragonball and it deserves a proper send of. Having the climactic battle be one episode and then followed by the ending is purely moronic. And also[spoiler]if MUI allows goku to be in a realm that not even GoDs can easily obtain (yet he MASTERED it) then that is some straight up empty headed writing. Goku never gets his rematch with beerus and now when he does he's gonna whoop his ass because he masters UI and beerus has nothing thats a threat to goku. They treated the GoDs like the kais. All titles, no substance.[/spoiler]
About DBS ending... i'm grateful for that. I think i can say that this series ends with a worse note than DBZ ended in relation to Goku's journey with his son Gohan, in the first phase of DBZ, or in the second conclusion of DBZ with Goku saving the Earth with the Genki Dama. I think even DBGT has a better "final battle" than DBS. Since episode 114-115, with Goku fighting against Kefla, DBS turned more and more into Goku and Vegita's show. Everything to Goku or Vegeta solve, defeat, beat, and that's it. Even nobodies like Caba got new transformation, new power levels, and other renowned characters, not. Besides, i agree with some people here, when they say DBS is ending, in relation to it's own plot, in a hurry. And, in my opinion, in a very anti-climatic way. DBS is ending, not the Dragon Ball franchise as a whole. We still have movies, games, and future series. Why not? Money talks. The producers wants money... toei wants. That's what i think.

About the final conclusion, and the problem of "erased universes", i think we will simple have Zeno and the angels saying that the losers were transported back to their universes. Scenes like the angels searching for their universes, like we saw, would be part of the scheme. All done to satisfy the little Zenos as much as possible. It would be something like "characters who fight thinking they are fighting for their survival, fight better". The only truth in this tournament is that the winner gains a wish from the super dragon balls. I believe the revelation about the scheme could come before the winner makes the wish.

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:27 am

I HIGHLY doubt we're getting a new DB series any time soon. Especially in 2020 lmao.