"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Jigurashi » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:50 am

perucho1990 wrote:I liked Toeis idea of the Zenos exhibition matches because we got to see Buu fight, sucks that we wont see him fight in the manga.

GodVegetto91 wrote:Do some people seriously believe one of those two U4 bugs is actually stronger than Jiren???!
Then why isnt Jiren main eventing the ToP Arc? Why would even Whis hype Universe 4?
Who says he isn't? We literally don't know at all about who is main eventing the ToP.

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:04 am

I'm genuinely sick of this. Who is in charge of this story because it doesn't feel like 1man? I have no idea what's going on with the direction of this series. I enjoy it but I understand people who strongly hate it because quite frankly, you don't know where its been or where its going!

i don't care what any interview says, there is NO way there is communication happening between anyone involved. The product itself does not show that. Why can't things be simple and fun. Ball and Z were simple and fun. Dragon ball should NEVER be more than simple and fun. Whenever it tries to be complex we end up with stuff like future trunks arc, whenever it tries to to be ambitious, we end up this.

Good guy beat bad guy, what was so bad about that arc type?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:55 am

Totamo wrote:I'm genuinely sick of this. Who is in charge of this story because it doesn't feel like 1man? I have no idea what's going on with the direction of this series. I enjoy it but I understand people who strongly hate it because quite frankly, you don't know where its been or where its going!
Toriyama writes the outline, then Toyo adapts the story for the manga, and TOEi adapts the story for the anime using different writers. We've known this for a while now.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:29 am

Kanassa wrote:
Totamo wrote:I'm genuinely sick of this. Who is in charge of this story because it doesn't feel like 1man? I have no idea what's going on with the direction of this series. I enjoy it but I understand people who strongly hate it because quite frankly, you don't know where its been or where its going!
Toriyama writes the outline, then Toyo adapts the story for the manga, and TOEi adapts the story for the anime using different writers. We've known this for a while now.
its not that simple. It wouldn't be this confusing if it was that simple

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:35 am

It's been like 6 months and I'm still mad Fat Buu didn't enter the TOP. He sure as hell would have been more entertaining to watch than the 30 seconds of screentime Tien got.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:55 am

Totamo wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
It is that simple. It can still be confusing if it is 'this' simple. Though, I don't see the confusion you are referring to.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:36 am

The anime and manga are two different takes on the same story. If one says something, we shouldn't take it as, "Oh, when is the other going to reveal this plot point?" Just because Quitella beat Beerus in an arm wrestling match doesn't mean that the mortal in the anime HAS to be from Quitella's Universe. It could eventually turn out to be the case, but it shouldn't be taken as fact. Just look how different the Future Trunks arc ended up. The entire finale from both versions, except for the Zenoh moment, were completely different from each other. Same goes for the Kaioken Blue vs Full Power Blue thing.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:44 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Noah wrote:So I was wondering this time limit in the ToP exists for a reason, if the time runs out the winner will be the universe with most fighters in the ring, but what if there are two or more universes tied in numbers of fighters? There will be extra time like in soccer or anything else? :think:
Didn't they say the "best fighter" would win?
The best fighter gets the wish. The only thing they've said about winning is that whichever team has the most people remaining is the victor.
But what if the time runs out and two universes are tied in numbers of combatants?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:14 pm

Noah wrote:But what if the time runs out and two universes are tied in numbers of combatants?
We won't know until it happens or someone tells us.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:29 pm

It seems like Toriyama's outline might've been even more vague than before. we didn't even get a comment from him this time so that should say something.

The manga only has 2 chapters out with only one translated so it's too early to know if it'll be any better but it seems like the anime has 10 parties each with a completely different idea about where and how things should go.

With the original manga, it was only Toriyama with the anime being based off it. Now you've got Toriyama's outline, Toei's staff, Toyotarou, Bandai, the dragon ball room, Shueisha & god knows who else. That's the problem with franchises, everyone has their hands in them and everyone wants to leave their mark on them.

What I love about manga is that it's the work of one person which DB couldn't be further from now. The BOG movie was a perfect balance between Toriyama and everyone involved working together to bring DB into the modern era.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:59 pm

MajinMan wrote:The anime and manga are two different takes on the same story. If one says something, we shouldn't take it as, "Oh, when is the other going to reveal this plot point?" Just because Quitella beat Beerus in an arm wrestling match doesn't mean that the mortal in the anime HAS to be from Quitella's Universe. It could eventually turn out to be the case, but it shouldn't be taken as fact. Just look how different the Future Trunks arc ended up. The entire finale from both versions, except for the Zenoh moment, were completely different from each other. Same goes for the Kaioken Blue vs Full Power Blue thing.
Yeah, it's very simple. I don't know why the hell some people still try to fit manga facts into the anime and the other way around, as that's clearly not how it works. If Toyotaro or the anime wants to do something different, they will and there's no need for the other to follow suit. Heck, that's not how manga/anime work period, let alone an original series that's not based on a manga.

For all we know, the Quitella/mortal stronger than a God/etc stuff could be entirely absent from Toriyama's outline. Just two versions going different ways. Wait and see is much easier than overreact.

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:06 am

I just saw something on twitter and realized something Interesting. Though we don't have any clue at all what they could mean, I find it very interesting how out of all Hakaishins, Geene and Quitela are only ones to have the same shapes on their clothing?

For all we know the designs on their clothes could be nothing, but it would be interesting if we found out those two were the strongest.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:18 am

DainIronfoot wrote:I just saw something on twitter and realized something Interesting. Though we don't have any clue at all what they could mean, I find it very interesting how out of all Hakaishins, Geene and Quitela are only ones to have the same shapes on their clothing?

For all we know the designs on their clothes could be nothing, but it would be interesting if we found out those two were the strongest.
Link?

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:39 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:
DainIronfoot wrote:I just saw something on twitter and realized something Interesting. Though we don't have any clue at all what they could mean, I find it very interesting how out of all Hakaishins, Geene and Quitela are only ones to have the same shapes on their clothing?

Link?
https://imgur.com/a/E45eD it confirm that U4 and U12 god has same symbol out of all of them.

darzap
Beyond Newbie

Post by darzap » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:42 am

The best fighter so far, going by eliminations, is Vegeta. I wonder, whether the best fighter will be spared from erasure, if his universe loses. He could wish his universe back with the Super Dragonballs if that happens. This could be a way to save the Universe 6/7 pair from losing at least one of its halves.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:13 am

vashter wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:

Link?
https://imgur.com/a/E45eD it confirm that U4 and U12 god has same symbol out of all of them.

Rumshii seems to have the same symbol though.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:25 am

Totamo wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
Toei has multiple scenario writers, which adapt the outline with the series director. The script writers basically write all the dialogue, though key plot scenes are settled upon by directors. Is that what you were referring to?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:50 am

darzap wrote:The best fighter so far, going by eliminations, is Vegeta. I wonder, whether the best fighter will be spared from erasure, if his universe loses. He could wish his universe back with the Super Dragonballs if that happens. This could be a way to save the Universe 6/7 pair from losing at least one of its halves.
I actually don't think it'll be by eliminations just who impressed Zen-Oh more I reckon considering this is all for their sport, Vegeta may have more KOs but if Goku impresses more no doubt his fight vs Jiren will (KKx20, Spirit Bomb, new form) he maybe considered the best fighter.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:29 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
darzap wrote:The best fighter so far, going by eliminations, is Vegeta. I wonder, whether the best fighter will be spared from erasure, if his universe loses. He could wish his universe back with the Super Dragonballs if that happens. This could be a way to save the Universe 6/7 pair from losing at least one of its halves.
I actually don't think it'll be by eliminations just who impressed Zen-Oh more I reckon considering this is all for their sport, Vegeta may have more KOs but if Goku impresses more no doubt his fight vs Jiren will (KKx20, Spirit Bomb, new form) he maybe considered the best fighter.
Yeah, the fact that the show hasn't been scoring eliminations suggests it probably won't play a big part. Knowing the Zenos, the best fighter will be the fighter they liked most. Which means Goku, or whoever manages to beat him.

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:28 am

Kataphrut wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Yeah, the fact that the show hasn't been scoring eliminations suggests it probably won't play a big part. Knowing the Zenos, the best fighter will be the fighter they liked most. Which means Goku, or whoever manages to beat him.
While I give Vegeta and his Fans Major Credit for having the most Ring-Outs, in big picture that is usually only 1/2 of the piece towards winning this.

You need to have as many members of your Team to survive as possible till the time runs out and/or with that eliminate Everyone else's team members. So like a WWE Survivor Series, you need to have good teamwork as well as being agressive, as much Defense as Attacking.

Cause by likelihood, if you don't elimate ALL the other Teams and members by the time the timer runs out, the Only Number that will truly count then is how many members you have left on your team!

Keeping your team alive is the 1/2 of this puzzle and while eliminations are key, you can have eliminated as many as you want, but still lose cause your team is to small compared to another team(s) or they all get eliminated.

This is Truly like a Combo of the WWE's Survivor Series Team Style Match with a Royal Rumble Style fighting and rules as well Crossover! 8)

Be a WWE Fan Myself, not recently but most of my life, their is SOOO Much WWE in the ToP it is Priceless! :lol:

I think a good refresher below in Royal Rumble history helps with the ToP Below in what becomes important and history of eliminations vs. victories, but indeed they are nothing to undercut either eliminations! ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-bEAvnQRvg
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker