"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:41 am

perucho1990 wrote:Toppo is now implied being stronger than Kaiokenx20 at full power, he might last long and should be part of the Final 10.

About the namekians, Piccolo seemed very confident facing them.

Cant wait for WSJ Episode 113 PV, we should know if Cabba survived or not.
What, when? If you're using the manga, the anime and the manga don't have the same scaling.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:43 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:Toppo is now implied being stronger than Kaiokenx20 at full power, he might last long and should be part of the Final 10.
When was that implied?
In the anime, never. He's probably using the new chapter as reference, which is a mistake because both are different versions of the same story.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:44 am

Kinokima wrote:Personally I see the old SSJ forms is equivalent to going to college

In the old days going to college was a huge deal. Now everyone does it it's more like going to High School now so it's not as big of a deal as it once was. That is the same thing with SSJ and SSJ2. When Goku first became SSJ of course it was a big deal. But now as new even more impressive power ups are unlocked who cares if new characters get the old power-ups easily? It's just kind of how it is.
That's how Vegeta treats it in the U6 arc. When he saw Kid Trunks become a Super Saiyan he was floored, but when he fought Cabba he took it as a matter of course that a warrior of Cabba's caliber could go Super Saiyan and was stunned when he couldn't.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:45 am

About the namekians, Piccolo seemed very confident facing them.

Cant wait for WSJ Episode 113 PV, we should know if Cabba survived or not.
That is why Jiren said he was not needed as Toppo is stronger than everyone else is.

Piccolo won't be happy until he is number 1 Namekian.

If Cabba doesn't go out this episode he will by the end of episode 115 which is the 'ultimate saiyan showdown'.

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:46 am

We haven't seen much from the Androids lately. We've seen 17 get his episodes early on, but not much since.

As for 18, we haven't really seen much of her since Krillin was kicked out of the ring by Frost; and that feels like ages ago now mainly because we had a couple weeks of no episodes airing.

I wonder what they have stored for them. I was hoping Piccolo and Gohan would split up and Piccolo would tag team with 17 instead, that would have been fun to see. The writers gotta mix it up, give us some more unpredictability in the character interactions; it seems they are unwilling to step outside of their comfort zone regarding this.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:48 am

namekiansaiyan wrote: Piccolo won't be happy until he is number 1 Namekian..
He already is because namekians are weak and that's what Piccolo has to settle for..
omaro34 wrote:We haven't seen much from the Androids lately. We've seen 17 get his episodes early on, but not much since.
Yeah, 17 must have been given a powerup for some reason, and taking out a feral lady dosen't seem to be a good enough reason..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:49 am

HeroR wrote: It makes a different for the overall story since it makes no sense for her not to have Super Saiyan. So her having Super Saiyan meaning nothing because she fights Goku comes off as shallow, imo. And while Red Heat was partly wrong, her having Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan 2 made her up there where she could stuff like knock half of the Pride Troopers. We also having seen all of Cali's role to just write of her having Super Saiyan as pointless.
It really doesnt even for me, the way I see it, its just the people up there throwing a bone to the fans who for so long wanted a female SSJ, trust me they're many. Any fight including her and Goku is shallow, she isnt on his level, very veeery far from it, if I give a headcanon number its like a 10 all the way to a 100. She could have done that as well in base, just make the pride troopers weak, I mean thats what they were doing anyways besides Jiren,Toppo and Dyspo who're standing out. We barely even remember any of the pride troopers besides those 3, the same outcome would still happen with or without the SSJ, thats what I'm getting at.
And when I said explained, it would be random for her to go Berserk at the tournament and we're only told, yeah she did this before. The build up for why it happened and what trigger it is much more natural to the story over, 'we have to keep Super Saiyan as some kind of mystery'.
Why would it be random? Trunks going SSJR was damn random as hell but a lot of people liked it, Kale going berserk wouldnt deliver a shock factor in the first place because they showed it all over the darn place, including the OP.
You do know Kale and Cauli can just train without Cabba and the anime shows us glimpse of how Kale gets it but skips Cauli right? I dont really have a problem nor care with how Kale got her's, my only nitpick about her is that whenever she pumps up those muscles she goes full on Broly mode with almost everything,I would have probably liked her if she wasnt doing that.
ArchedThunder wrote:
When was that implied?
He probably put 1 and Q together as in the manga and anime are different but he put it together for some reason.
Last edited by SansrivaaL on Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:50 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
That is why Jiren said he was not needed as Toppo is stronger than everyone else is.

Piccolo won't be happy until he is number 1 Namekian.

If Cabba doesn't go out this episode he will by the end of episode 115 which is the 'ultimate saiyan showdown'.
Yeah, Jiren was like a last resort/hidden trump card in case Toppo was defeated.
Part of the outline seems to have Toppo being above Blue Goku.

In the anime we saw Base Toppo tanking a Kamehameha to the face with no dmg.

They should have Piccolo telling Gohan "leave them to me" while Gohan goes to help Goku vs the Saiyan Girls imo.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:51 am

perucho1990 wrote:
Yeah, Jiren was like a last resort/hidden trump card in case Toppo was defeated.
Part of the outline seems to have Toppo being above Blue Goku.

In the anime we saw Base Toppo tanking a Kamehameha to the face with no dmg.

They should have Piccolo telling Gohan "leave them to me" while Gohan goes to help Goku vs the Saiyan Girls imo.
Toppo didn't tank the Kamehameha since he was clearly breathing hard and sweating. Tank would be want Jiren usually does.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:53 am

perucho1990 wrote: They should have Piccolo telling Gohan "leave them to me" while Gohan goes to help Goku vs the Saiyan Girls imo.
Why would they do that? the summary already said Goku's recovering his stamina while fighting those 2, adding Gohan to the mix would not be good for them ( this is if the summaries arent playing with us ofc)

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:54 am

Ki Breaker wrote:Yeah, 17 must have been given a powerup for some reason, and taking out a feral lady dosen't seem to be a good enough reason..
We still haven't seen that cut of him firing a ki blast from the OP as far as I know. Surely they'll use that nice piece of animation in-series.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:56 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:Yeah, 17 must have been given a powerup for some reason, and taking out a feral lady dosen't seem to be a good enough reason..
We still haven't seen that cut of him firing a ki blast from the OP as far as I know. Surely they'll use that nice piece of animation in-series.
I can already smell the Dyspo V 17 or Toppo V 17 in the anime.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:57 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote: Piccolo won't be happy until he is number 1 Namekian..
He already is because namekians are weak and that's what Piccolo has to settle for..
Just wait, you won't be saying that when the new 'super warrior' is actually a Namekian.
BlueBasilisk wrote:
He will fight and lose to the bugs. That will be their first proper apprarence.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:58 am

SansrivaaL wrote:I can already smell the Dyspo V 17 or Toppo V 17 in the anime.
Dyspo vs 17 would be a good choice since they already had him cut his teeth against a fast, tricky warrior with Kakunsa and his barrier would be a hard counter to Dyspo's speed.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:01 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler].
Kale looks great!
Does Kale's skin look a little darker, or is it just me?

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:03 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
Kale looks great!
It does!
And she also looks more fierce which is nice
Last edited by Ki Breaker on Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:04 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
Kale looks great!
It does, thats what makes her stand out at least for me actually, now if only she looks that confident in her base or non bulky SSJ form then I could actually enjoy her (tho she is slowly getting there, but I still see a frail side, me no like frail saiyans)

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:06 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Does Kale's skin look a little darker, or is it just me?
She is a fair bit darker than her model sheet:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Roronoa-pt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Roronoa-pt » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:20 pm

nameksaiyan is surely on a rampage :lol:

As a fellow Piccolo fan, I salute you :clap:

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:01 pm

SansrivaaL wrote: Why would they do that? the summary already said Goku's recovering his stamina while fighting those 2, adding Gohan to the mix would not be good for them ( this is if the summaries arent playing with us ofc)
Going with how Gohan has been looking in the anime, if he gets to help Goku vs the Girls, he might be forced to look bad again. Gohan hasnt looked good since fighting Obuni.

Couldnt do anything to Harmila and Plum
Ran away from Borareta
Jobbed to Jimizu
"Jobbed" to Freeza(I put it in quotations marks because some consider it an L for Gohan).