"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheMikado
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by TheMikado » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:30 pm

Kanassa wrote:
TekTheNinja wrote:
Kanassa wrote: Your complaint was that you were sick that Goku kept causing all the conflicts in Dragonball.
Exactly. (Well, in Z and Super. In Dragonball things weren't really his fault at all)
So, you were saying they were his fault. And thus, we already proved why that was invalid. What did I get misconstrued? You're still making namekian-style reaches to blame Goku.
Except your statements is incorrect, you have yet to prove how Gokus presence doesn't escalate issues when we have IN UNIVERSE examples where similar circumstances didn't escalate beyond a certain point because someone else handled them. Within the Dragonball universe YOU are the one who was proven wrong. We have an entire timeline to show that without Goku things actually turn out OK and better for everyone.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:32 pm

TekTheNinja wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:
TekTheNinja wrote: AND HIS EXISTENCE CAUSED IT. So it's his fault.
You cannot place blame someone just because bad things happend due to them existing. You can blame someone for doing something stupid, you can blame them for doing something bad and you can even blame someone for making a wrong choice or an accident but what you cannot do is blame someone for existing or blame them for others doing things because they exist.

If a women dies during pregnancy is it the fault of the baby growing inside her? No, the baby is not a contuse being and as such it is not capable of rational thought. A baby dose not have higher reasoning power and is almost completely immobile and defenseless. The women's death is a pure accident or mishap, if it was an avoidable medical problem that could be anticipated then the blame falls on the docters caring for her but if its not then none is to blame. Except unless you want to be a real dick about it and blame the women for ever wanting children.

Goku was a baby and for the reasons I've listed above he cannot ever be held responsible foe the saiyans sending him to earth or coming to find him latter. Also you cannot blame a being for existing when they themselves neither chose or asked to be born in the first place. Children do not chose to exist, if they did their are many who would never be born into this unfair, indifferent world.

So no such things can never be Goku's fault.
Alright. Fine. Fault was the wrong word, but I really don't see why that matters. You know what I meant.
Yes I see what your say, Goku is kind of a magnet for bad things and he makes some bad choices that have made things worse. Some of the problems earth has faced are his fault that I agree with but the only ones I can categorically say are Goku's fault are the Android, Freeza blowing up the earth and this stuff with Zen-Oh. In all those cases it was categorically Goku's sole choices that led to all that destruction and the blame falls squarely with him.

However unlike some I cannot ever see Buu or Zamasu being solely Goku's fault. With Buu, yes Goku could have beaten him and saved a lot of lives in hind sight but at the same time he was trying to do the right thing long term. Goku is not going to be around forever, yes he's become even stronger now but as Cell, Beerus, Golden Freeza and Hit showed us one day he might not be and it could happen right out of the blue. On that day who's going to stop the bad guy? Who's going to stop the next alien overlord who comes across earth by chance or the next destructive force like Buu? The saiyans and Frieza had set their sights on earth before Goku was born and Buu and Beerus have existed for millennia. Who's gonna save the day on the day Goku finally cannot? So Goku trying to step back and let then next generation take over is not a bad thing, it just that as always things never happen how we want them to and his sons are not like him.

As for Zamasu....well lets be fair Goku has been himself around every level of God (Kami, Kaio, Grand Kaio, Kaioshin,Hakashin, Angels and even the Omni-King) and all of them have got on with him very well. How the hell was he supposed to know that Zamasu had doubts about mortals and had a little bit of a god complex even then. You can blame him for Zamasu not liking him.
Last edited by Lord Frieza on Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:36 pm

^ I think this is all people wanted, not an across the board denial but an acknowledgment that too many issues get needlessly escalated when Goku is involved. It would be nice if someone else like Krillin or Piccolo or whatever shared the blame. They could have easily have had Piccolo be the one that mentions it again.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:06 pm

TheMikado wrote:^ I think this is all people wanted, not an across the board denial but an acknowledgment that too many issues get needlessly escalated when Goku is involved. It would be nice if someone else like Krillin or Piccolo or whatever shared the blame. They could have easily have had Piccolo be the one that mentions it again.
Why would Piccolo mention it? He doesn't care as much as Goku about fighting.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:15 pm

TheMikado wrote:^ I think this is all people wanted, not an across the board denial but an acknowledgment that too many issues get needlessly escalated when Goku is involved. It would be nice if someone else like Krillin or Piccolo or whatever shared the blame. They could have easily have had Piccolo be the one that mentions it again.
Even if they had Piccolo be the one to mention it again, since you're already shifting responsibility back from Zeno, why arbitrarily stop there? Why not keep going back and blame it on other people that played a role in making the tournament possible? Keep going back far enough and you can come round and blame Zeno again for creating the world.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:03 pm

Honestly, I can't see how this is Gokū's fault at all. Gokū reminds the Zen'ō, who wanted to host his own tournament after he saw the Hakaishin Invitational Budōkai, which was started by Champa, after being given Universe 7 Earth food by Beerus and Whis, after Champa and Vados showed up on Beerus' planet.

So, ultimately, it's Champa's fault. I can't help but agree with what someone said recently about you guys trying so hard to antagonize Gokū.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:46 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:Honestly, I can't see how this is Gokū's fault at all. Gokū reminds the Zen'ō, who wanted to host his own tournament after he saw the Hakaishin Invitational Budōkai, which was started by Champa, after being given Universe 7 Earth food by Beerus and Whis, after Champa and Vados showed up on Beerus' planet.

So, ultimately, it's Champa's fault. I can't help but agree with what someone said recently about you guys trying so hard to antagonize Gokū.
It's not even Champa's fault, it's zeno's. Why is no one blaming him?
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:50 pm

kinisking wrote:
Anime Kitten wrote:Honestly, I can't see how this is Gokū's fault at all. Gokū reminds the Zen'ō, who wanted to host his own tournament after he saw the Hakaishin Invitational Budōkai, which was started by Champa, after being given Universe 7 Earth food by Beerus and Whis, after Champa and Vados showed up on Beerus' planet.

It's not even Champa's fault, it's zeno's. Why is no one blaming him?
Last time Zeno got angry, he blew up streams world wide...who knows what he'll do next.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Beyond
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Beyond » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:14 pm

Zeno is a petulant child. Goku should have realized that involving himself with such a being can only cause trouble.

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:46 pm

No one's acknowledged this one: Goku SHOULD KNOW that Zeno might do something like this. In their few interactions he's been proven to be pretty unstable.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:01 pm

TekTheNinja wrote:No one's acknowledged this one: Goku SHOULD KNOW that Zeno might do something like this. In their few interactions he's been proven to be pretty unstable.
The only unstable one was future Zeno. Present Zeno has been chill with him.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:10 pm

kinisking wrote:
TekTheNinja wrote:No one's acknowledged this one: Goku SHOULD KNOW that Zeno might do something like this. In their few interactions he's been proven to be pretty unstable.
Wait what? We're seriously reaching Incredibly Levels of hand waving. That makes like zero sense given we know he got angry over some arbitrary mess and destroyed a bunch of universes like billions/trillions/quadrillions of lives over Basically nothing. Being he's a total reckless idiots who has heard of this guys petty streak and witnessed it first hand. But I guess in Trunks timeline Vegeta was also a kind a devoted father and heroic figure.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:12 pm

kinisking wrote:
You do realize that they're the same person, right? Sure, present Zeno likes Goku, but he's still a crazy motherfucker!
Retired.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:15 pm

Simere wrote:
Even if they had Piccolo be the one to mention it again, since you're already shifting responsibility back from Zeno, why arbitrarily stop there? Why not keep going back and blame it on other people that played a role in making the tournament possible? Keep going back far enough and you can come round and blame Zeno again for creating the world.
Zeno never gave grand speeches about wanting protect the world or innocent lives of anything that constitutes responsibility. That Gokus thing everytime $h't hits the fan.. this leaves you scratching your head like, well if tou cared that much all you had to do was not do or do x,y, or z and you wouldn't be in this situation in the first place. After the first couple of times you would think he learned his lesson. Piccolo doing something like this would have been his first real offense and it would be nice for it to be someone else's fault for a change.

Alee9977
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Alee9977 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:09 am

I wonder If we'll see #17's family in the new arc, according to Toriyama he is supposed to be married and have two children but we never saw anything that confirms it in-universe

Kogu 87
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kogu 87 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:10 am

Gents, I come to this thread in hopes of finding news on the latest arc, announcements regarding dragon ball super, etc..

There is a lot of arguing going round about who's fault it is for all the issues in the dragon ball series. Can this be moved to another thread ?
"Oh dear...."

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:21 am

I know it doesn't solve it, but what I do when the thread gets like this is I stop visiting here for a while and instead visit Herms' Twitter feed and the latest Super 2ch thread instead.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:27 am

You mean the little blue child like thing, that first showed in the tournament. Believe me if I'm wrong, but by then Goku, just didn't know what the hell was up. But yeah after that, theirs no excuses.

Also Zeno = Freeza?

Confirmed?

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:47 am

This honestly sounds Zamasu-esque.

[spoiler]https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-6N4_ ... 9564927869[/spoiler]

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:28 am

It does. That's why it feels so strangely belated to me. Like it should've been the second ED for the Zamasu arc and the food one should've been for the filler arc we're in now.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!