"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sintzu
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by sintzu » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:31 pm

A week ago there was something about Whis and Goku time traviling, is that part of the special ?
pacz360 wrote:Do we get any new info this week?
Also TODAYS MY BIRTHDAY :D
Happy birthday, here's to another 50 years. :thumbup:
Last edited by sintzu on Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:32 pm

Man watching the U6 tournament (via the dub) it is soooo stale conpared to this current tournament and format, it was borderline painful to watch almost (probably due to the horrendous art and animation).

The difference between the two tournaments in every department is amazing, from the narratives to the direction and overall art and animation. Incredible turnaround for the show. Just incredible.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:47 pm

sintzu wrote:A week ago there was something about Whis and Goku time traviling, is that part of the special ?
No, that was the History of Japan thing.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:17 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Man watching the U6 tournament (via the dub) it is soooo stale conpared to this current tournament and format, it was borderline painful to watch almost (probably due to the horrendous art and animation).

The difference between the two tournaments in every department is amazing, from the narratives to the direction and overall art and animation. Incredible turnaround for the show. Just incredible.
People hate the Universe 6 tournament now? The Botamo and Frost fights were bad, but I thought it picked up and got much better during Magetta, Cabba, and of course Hit.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:30 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Man watching the U6 tournament (via the dub) it is soooo stale conpared to this current tournament and format, it was borderline painful to watch almost (probably due to the horrendous art and animation).

Yeah, we've come a long way! If they tried to pull off this battle royal back then everything would go down in flames.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:44 pm

precita wrote:

People hate the Universe 6 tournament now? The Botamo and Frost fights were bad, but I thought it picked up and got much better during Magetta, Cabba, and of course Hit.
I wasn't a fan of the arc when it aired, totally soured me. The pre and post of the arc I found more enjoyable. Just an arc built of false promises with a very weak narrative, they teased this Hit and Goku death match and then never went through with it, the idea of that got me so excited finally something meaty was gonna happen but when it was dropped I lost all interest in the show and only picked up the Trunks arc out of mild curiosity, and I'm still here.

I guess it's still fairly watchable but I like to see it as a build up to the current tournament and set into places rivals and friendships etc that way the arc isn't a total waste for me.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:47 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
precita wrote:

I wasn't a fan of the arc when it aired, totally soured me. The pre and post of the arc I found more enjoyable. Just an arc built of false promises with a very weak narrative, they teased this Hit and Goku death match and then never went through with it, the idea of that got me so excited finally something meaty was gonna happen but when it was dropped I lost all interest in the show and only picked up the Trunks arc out of mild curiosity, and I'm still here.

I guess it's still fairly watchable but I like to see it as a build up to the current tournament and set into places rivals and friendships etc that way the arc isn't a total waste for me.
What false promises? It was a tourument between two twin universes. It wasn't built as anything else.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:58 pm

HeroR wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
precita wrote:

What false promises? It was a tourument between two twin universes. It wasn't built as anything else.
I guess that wasn't the correct phrase to use but the story Toriyama pitched definitely sounded more interesting then what we got. And in the arc we got so many teases to much more interesting-er things like the death match or Sadalla, instead we just a got a boring lumbered tournament.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:08 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: I wasn't a fan of the arc when it aired, totally soured me. The pre and post of the arc I found more enjoyable. Just an arc built of false promises with a very weak narrative, they teased this Hit and Goku death match and then never went through with it, the idea of that got me so excited finally something meaty was gonna happen but when it was dropped I lost all interest in the show and only picked up the Trunks arc out of mild curiosity, and I'm still here.

I guess that wasn't the correct phrase to use but the story Toriyama pitched definitely sounded more interesting then what we got. And in the arc we got so many teases to much more interesting-er things like the death match or Sadalla, instead we just a got a boring lumbered tournament.
Toriyama only said that they will travel to another universe, which they technically did.

Sadale also would happened after any tourument, so I don't get this complaint. As for the death match, even the preview said that Beerus was against it.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:52 pm

Best thing the dub has offered is removing the atatatatatas. It would make most of the fights involving Goku much better.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:36 pm

sintzu wrote:A week ago there was something about Whis and Goku time traviling, is that part of the special ?
Happy birthday, here's to another 50 years. :thumbup:
Ki Breaker wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:What if the reason why Piccolo is not with Gohan is because Jimeze teleports away with him and he fights Universe 2
It is pretty broken, but I would rather see new techniques from the race known to have great techniques..
pacz360 wrote: Also TODAYS MY BIRTHDAY :D
Happy birthday man :)
Happy birthday to you too PerhapsTheOtherOne

So, on topic,
What are the chances of the Yadrat showing actual techniques instead of spamming IT throughout his fight until Freeza rocks his world
Thank you guys :D

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:38 pm

So guys, thoughts of U4 being more relevant to the plot after what happened in the latest manga chapter?

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:45 pm

perucho1990 wrote:So guys, thoughts of U4 being more relevant to the plot after what happened in the latest manga chapter?
Damon and Gamisaras will probably have some role to play. They made kind of a big deal about the two of them being hidden. I don't expect much from Monna or Shantsa but you never know.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:55 pm

I was thinking Gamisaras and Damon can fuse and they become a very powerful warrior with hax abilities, which would make him a serious threat :think:

We already saw Shantsa main ability and seems to be nothing special, Monna is still unknown.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:16 pm

So I was wondering this time limit in the ToP exists for a reason, if the time runs out the winner will be the universe with most fighters in the ring, but what if there are two or more universes tied in numbers of fighters? There will be extra time like in soccer or anything else? :think:

HeroR wrote:What false promises? It was a tournament between two twin universes. It wasn't built as anything else.
Actually, many fans thought that the choose of Piccolo and Boo in that tournament would mean anything better than a Goku & Vegeta wankfest like this arc was.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:02 am

A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU Pacz360!!!!! :D :clap: :mrgreen: :thumbup: :thumbup:
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:40 am

I'm predicting that after Jiren is defeated, it will be "revealed" that Quitela is the one who defeated Beerus in arm wrestling and his universe has a guy who's stronger than him and then tells Goku and the remaining guys to simply give up.

Then when Goku or someone else finds the 2 insects, turns out they're weak and the strong guy has died or is not in the tournament for whatever reason.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:06 am

Sandubadear wrote:I'm predicting that after Jiren is defeated, it will be "revealed" that Quitela is the one who defeated Beerus in arm wrestling and his universe has a guy who's stronger than him and then tells Goku and the remaining guys to simply give up.

Then when Goku or someone else finds the 2 insects, turns out they're weak and the strong guy has died or is not in the tournament for whatever reason.
Why would Quitela be trying to get rid of Frieza before the tournament if if has guys that are even stronger than Jiren is.

If you are looking for someone to be stronger than Jiren then that fighter could be the one that looks like 2 previous enemies in the series.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:22 am

perucho1990 wrote:

Best thing the dub has offered is removing the atatatatatas. It would make most of the fights involving Goku much better.
Hey, I liked the U6 tournament, even going back to re watch it.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:38 am

Does Whis actually say stronger? The Toei subs say the GoD can't defeat the mortal, Herms's summary says stronger. If it were just "can't defeat" and the mortal is from U4, I'd expect a gag.