"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat May 27, 2017 5:31 pm

Since Nakao has already recorded a conversation between Freeza and Frost I think it's fairly safe to assume that next week is the last episode before they go to the tournament grounds.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat May 27, 2017 5:42 pm

The_Destroyer wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:Freeza and frost realistically have only one thing to "scheme" about, stealing the super Dragonballs..
Freeza is stupid enough to think he can pull this off, and Maybe he will this time around
Good thing there's a language barrier he can't overcome.
There are many ways this could be overcome..

Hell, even the earth's Dragonballs would probably be there if op is anything to go by, they very well could make a sheneron whish of immortality and doom everyone
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sat May 27, 2017 5:43 pm

These recruitment episodes really took its sweet time building everyone up... well besides Tien that got the worst treatment out of everyone and Boo who got screwed.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sat May 27, 2017 5:44 pm

Can't wait to see [spoiler]Frieza and Frost together and to hear Ryusei Nakao talk with himself.[/spoiler]
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sat May 27, 2017 5:45 pm

DragonBallFoodie wrote:Can't wait to see [spoiler]Frieza and Frost together and to hear Ryusei Nakao talk with himself.[/spoiler]
Its the same feeling when Goku talks with his sons.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sat May 27, 2017 6:36 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:Since Nakao has already recorded a conversation between Freeza and Frost I think it's fairly safe to assume that next week is the last episode before they go to the tournament grounds.
I really hope you're right. We've been waiting for a while now. Honestly I wish the episode that's about to air was just skipped and Frieza was recruited this week instead, but oh well. Gotta show off Caulifla (now) and Kale (next week) transforming, I guess.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat May 27, 2017 7:42 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:
Ajay wrote:
Two close friends are at the panel right now and also told me this, so I guess it's true.
That sounds really lame. It's like the first thing anyone would have guessed. Would have rather they not get along. Would have been more interesting that way, and not just in the "Rah we don't get along because I want the power blah blah blah."
I dont know what exactly they could even plot about. Unless something changes, one of them and their universe is going to be destroyed and if they kill anyone then they risk too much. The most they can realistically hope for is ringing out Goku due to spite or if they are are smart they can tag-team the other universes fighters until only they remain.

But really while of a similar nature Frieza and Frost could never realistically work together. Over looking their natural inclinations for back-stabbing, Frieza was a Tyrant who ruled by fear and power while Frost was a false saint who ruled by lies and sub-diffuse. While that would make seem like the perfect blend at first glance, their strong personalities will quickly clash over differences. It would then boil down to who will kill who first.
It's the most predictable way to handle things is for them to like each other, work together, and then stab each other in the back because "RAWR ME WANT POWER! ME STRONGEST!". It's so damn telegraphed that I really hope a different route is taken.

Haven't been this disappointed since Guardians 2 was so telegraphed.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat May 27, 2017 8:03 pm

You say it's the most predictable route, and yet the two main things I've seen people predict are that Freeza will be redeemed or he'll beat the shit out of Frost.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat May 27, 2017 8:24 pm

Finally got to see a female SSJ in a Dragon Ball anime.

Dream do come true. :)

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sat May 27, 2017 8:29 pm

They pulled a fast one, I thought the reveal of the stakes would be something dramatic but instead was a gag.
Krillin: I'm mad that you didnt tell me the stakes, did you think knowing that would scare me to the point of not participating?
Goku: Oh.. so youre not scared?
Krillin:.... I'm scared.
Jesus christ hahhaa.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat May 27, 2017 8:31 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:You say it's the most predictable route, and yet the two main things I've seen people predict are that Freeza will be redeemed or he'll beat the shit out of Frost.
It's simple story deduction. Anyone who thinks Freeza is going to be redeemed, are in the same camp as Goten is Black likely. The second option is highly likely eventually as it ties into the simple plot thread that typically happens with "Villain Team ups". Typically when you take film courses, you tend to see writing patterns and become better at reading a plot. Especially when the characters are simple enough, and the idea has been used a ton. Doesn't mean it can't be good, but I was hoping for different.
Last edited by dbzfan7 on Sat May 27, 2017 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat May 27, 2017 8:32 pm

LSSJ Kale is happening next week, folks.

Buckle up. Shit's about to get crazy. :P

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Sat May 27, 2017 8:33 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:LSSJ Kale is happening next week, folks.

I like how they are reusing footage from the opening though. :lol:

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sat May 27, 2017 8:34 pm

Shit already went crazy back in the very first PoV of US arc when she popped those muscles and no pupil eyes out. I wonder what they'll call the form.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat May 27, 2017 8:35 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:

Shit already went crazy back in the very first PoV of US arc when she popped those muscles and no pupil eyes out. I wonder what they'll call the form.
They'll call Kale's new form "I Can't Believe It's Not Broly".

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat May 27, 2017 8:35 pm

"Goku needs Freeza's help to win the tournament. But Freeza will only do it on one condition...!" Well thats not ominous at all is it.

Well with this and what we are hearing down the rumor mill pipeline, sorry hopers but the the golden emperor of the universe being the 10th warrior is pretty much an iron clad confirmed. If it were not made clear enough already.

Well its better choice then a dead-beat bandit and delusional bioandroid as far as I'm concurred.

Edit: did anyone catch Caulifla's Broly reference?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat May 27, 2017 8:39 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:"Goku needs Freeza's help to win the tournament. But Freeza will only do it on one condition...!" Well thats not ominous at all is it.
I bet that condition is going to be something like "1v1 me BRO!" or maybe how to overcome the Gold form's stamina issues.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Sat May 27, 2017 8:39 pm

I bet the "Condition" is that they fight before going to the tournament of Power!

Damn you beat me to it:
Kanassa wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:"Goku needs Freeza's help to win the tournament. But Freeza will only do it on one condition...!" Well thats not ominous at all is it.
I bet that condition is going to be something like "1v1 me BRO!" or maybe how to overcome the Gold form's stamina issues.
Last edited by MagmonKai on Sat May 27, 2017 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat May 27, 2017 8:40 pm

Fuck that, we're going to see SS2 Caulifla and Golden Freeza again.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sat May 27, 2017 8:40 pm

Well with this and what we are hearing down the rumor mill pipeline, sorry hopers but the the golden emperor of the universe being the 10th warrior is pretty much an iron clad confirmed. If it were not made clear enough already.

Well its better choice then a dead-beat bandit and delusional bioandroid as far as I'm concurred.

Edit: did anyone catch Caulifla's Broly reference?
Freeza's request turns out to be "I want you to stay here with me for all eternity in my hell" after Goku asks why Freeza says "Dont make me say it... BAKA" tsundere Freeza is coming.

Yes our beloved emperor is coming! praise him, adore him.

You mean her charging up for the blast while the BG was doing Broly's LSSJ transformation? yeah I noticed too.