"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by dbgtFO » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:25 am

SansrivaaL wrote:
And Cali is capable to base form Goku, she was stomped 18 and Piccolo.
What?
Let me help you out with his consistently broken English, it's: And Cali is capable of fighting base Goku, so she would stomp #18 and Piccolo.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:27 am

Kinokima wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote: Frost is weaker than Frieza.

The Cabba, Caulifla and Kale are weaker then Goku, Vegeta and Gohan.

I really don't see the point in this it is no fun and results in no real decent fights.

Will they do the same with same with Namekians and make it even worse and not give any background? If that happens then what is the point again?

Fights and rivalries are generally better when they are more evenly matched.

The point is there are more to characters than their strength level and power ups. A well written character has nothing to do with how strong they are.

For example it is pretty clear Goku and Vegeta are developing mentor relationships to Kale, Caulifla, and Cabba (although I personally wish they had given Kale to Gohan) . You see this gives them more depth than oh here is another more powerful character that we have to defeat or oh look I have another transformation ad nasueum that actually adds nothing to characterization.

It is the same with Frost he was weaker than Freeza but a lot of fans liked Frost because they got to see how a weaker Freeza like character had to use other more cunning methods to his advantage.
I would prefer it if they had some advantages over the Universe 7 fighters to make it not so one sided. The 3 Universe 6 Saiyans are always going to be way weaker and every time we see them it will just be more training time with power ups coming out of nowhere before getting beat up by Goku and Vegeta.

I have literally answered my question about what the Namekians are going to be like and the answer is that they are probably going to become Piccolo's slaves based on the other 2 races.
Last edited by namekiansaiyan on Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:28 am

SansrivaaL wrote:
Why the hell would they need to repeat what they did with Cabba to Cauli when they can do something else? she couldnt have had the form in the first place and kept it a secret? she couldnt have had to imagine something bad that happened in the past that coulda also help her character as it giving a BG of her having a traumatic past and then attain it? etc. but no they had to make it parody like with the back sensation shit.

The meme's a genius. Yeah because they needed a dumbass reason for Cauli to attain 2 forms in one go as fast as possible, thats whats dumb about this. We did not need that information at all and I had never once heard anyone here complain about "what do they need to do to go SSJ?" not everything needs an explanation, sometimes the mystery of it is what gives it charm.
What?
I said repeat in that Goku had to show Cali Super Saiyan during the tournament like Vegeta did with Cabba, which makes no sense since they they have Cabba with Super Saiyan who can show her how to do it. So they don't need Goku or any other U7 Saiyan to do it. It's a needless repeat that makes no sense and would bring the question, "why didn't Cabba show her". And 'she always has Super Saiyan', is a copout since no one knew the form existed and you're trying to me this person always had it, but no one realized it?

It really isn't. It's the same level of stupid as 17 got to god level by fighting poachers. It utterly ignores what the shows says and twist what happened in a form of humor or just being salty. And the reason for Cali getting Super Saiyan is better than Goten and Trunks who got Super Saiyan for reasons the show never bother explained. You have to go look into a guidebook to find out why Goten and Trunks got Super Saiyan so easily. And who cares if 'we need the information', they decided to give it to us to explained what Super Saiyan was like after you get angry and I prefer an explanation for stuff over 'just cause', which I personally liked.

Also "I had never once heard anyone here complain about what do they need to do to go SSJ?"

Well, I have, so there's that.

Episode 90, Piccolo used a charged up attack on Goku, Goku blocked it without Super Saiyan. Cali is about on par with base form Goku, so why would Piccolo or 18 be stronger than base form Cali? Even if we say they're stronger than base form Cali, what makes you think they're on par with Super Saiyan Cali?
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:46 am

HeroR wrote: I said repeat in that Goku had to show Cali Super Saiyan during the tournament like Vegeta did with Cabba, which makes no sense since they they have Cabba with Super Saiyan who can show her how to do it. So they don't need Goku or any other U7 Saiyan to do it. It's a needless repeat that makes no sense and would bring the question, "why didn't Cabba show her".
I wouldnt like that but would have rather take that then what we got, just have it as Cabba was busy looking for more members, time wasnt really on their side when this all started, and in a way that kinda did happen with SSJ2 tho so I take it you didnt like that? granted Cabba didnt know SSJ2 but what we saw was really similar to how Vegeta told Cabba, just that Goku's was on the more gentle side.
It really isn't. It's the same level of stupid as 17 got to god level by fighting poachers. It utterly ignores what the shows says and twist what happened in a form of humor or just being salty.
Yes, I AGREE, I was one of the people here that was not a fan of that at all, I share your sentiments.
And the reason for Cali getting Super Saiyan is better than Goten and Trunks who got Super Saiyan for reasons the show never bother explained. You have to go look into a guidebook to find out why Goten and Trunks got Super Saiyan so easily. And who cares if 'we need the information', they decided to give it to use to explained what Super Saiyan was like after you get angry
Thats the point when I said "some stuffs are better left unsaid, the mystery surrounding it is what gives it charm" but Super just had to ruin it.
I prefer an explanation for stuff over 'just cause'

Good for you then.
This isn't true since I have heard this question asked in regard to Goten and Trunks. So maybe this is true in your circles, but it isn't for mines.
Good thing I was talking about my experience then.
Episode 90, Piccolo used a charged up attack on Goku, Goku blocked it without Super Saiyan. Cali is about on par with base form Goku, so why would Piccolo or 18 be stronger than base form Cali? Even if we saw they're stronger than base form Cali, what makes you think they're on par with Super Saiyan Cali?
Never said she was, I said "close" to put it in simple terms "the gap wouldnt have been that big in comparison to Goku V Cauli".

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:53 am

SansrivaaL wrote: I wouldnt like that but would have rather take that then what we got, just have it as Cabba was busy looking for more members, time wasnt really on their side when this all started, and in a way that kinda did happen with SSJ2 tho so I take it you didnt like that? granted Cabba didnt know SSJ2 but what we saw was really similar to how Vegeta told Cabba, just that Goku's was on the more gentle side.

Yes, I AGREE, I was one of the people here that was not a fan of that at all, I share your sentiments.

Thats the point when I said "some stuffs are better left unsaid, the mystery surrounding it is what gives it charm" but Super just had to ruin it.

Good for you then.

Good thing I was talking about my experience then.

Never said she was, I said "close" to put it in simple terms "the gap wouldnt have been that big in comparison to Goku V Cauli".
Except Champa told Cabba to find more Saiyans stronger than him and he was led to Cali from his master who was his first choice. It wouldn't make sense for Cabba to just look for more people instead of teaching them Super Saiyan. Time isn't an issue since Cabba got Super Saiyan in a few minutes once Vegeta pressed the right buttons.

"Mystery surrounding", I can't agree, especially when Super Saiyan went from a mystical transformation only obtain every thousands years to every known Saiyan getting it, including two kids who couldn't even remember how they ever got it. It was never special and hasn't been for a long time, so I don't need some "mystery surrounding" to make the form more special than what it really is.

It really wouldn't make a different since it would still be a stomp and not a close match. There isn't anyone in U7 that matches Cali because she's either much stronger than them or much weaker since there is a giant power jump between Piccolo and the next strongest person who is either 17 or Gohan.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Nero<>Akira
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Nero<>Akira » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:01 am

17 trained for like 15 years and is a cyborg enhanced on the molecular level with infinite energy and was just a normal boy that was able to become more powerful than anyone (besides 16) by the time he was awakened by Doctor Gero (his creator). There's no way I will have a problem with it. Besides, Goku wasn't even going all out. he had to go blue cause 17 is obviously stronger than ssj3. doesn't mean Goku can't stomp him.
Zamasu is the best DB villain besides Freeza (and this is only the case because the current Super arc elevated Freeza to be that good).

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:03 am

HeroR wrote: Except Champa told Cabba to find more Saiyans stronger than him and he was led to Cali from his master who was his first choice. It wouldn't make sense for Cabba to just look for more people instead of teaching them Super Saiyan. Time isn't an issue since Cabba got Super Saiyan in a few minutes once Vegeta pressed the right buttons.
That doesnt mean he's not allowed to look for others after recruiting the saiyans.
"Mystery surrounding", I can't agree, especially when Super Saiyan went from a mystical transformation only obtain every thousands years to every known Saiyan getting it, including two kids who couldn't even remember how they ever got it. It was never special and hasn't been for a long time, so I don't need some "mystery surrounding" to make the form more special than what it really is.
Its not just the form being not special, its how it was gained, Goku watched his best friend die, Gohan was entrusted something too much for him to handle and had to watch a mechanical talking head that was nice to him, pep talking him get stepped on. Vegeta's... well he probably went though hell, Trunks "anime only" saw Future Gohan's corpse, Goten and Kid Trunks were the only stupid looking ones but they actually gave an explanation about that in a book, Cauli took it to another level.
It really wouldn't make a different since it would still be a stomp and not a close match. There isn't anyone in U7 that matches Cali because she's either much stronger than them or much weaker since there is a giant power jump between Piccolo and the next strongest person who is either 17 or Gohan.
I dont care if it makes a difference, I said that because Cauli getting the forms never helped her reach Goku's level at all so she was a mere fodder from the start if you put her up against him.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:11 am

SansrivaaL wrote: That doesnt mean he's not allowed to look for others after recruiting the saiyans.

Its not just the form being not special, its how it was gained, Goku watched his best friend die, Gohan was entrusted something too much for him to handle and had to watch a mechanical talking head that was nice to him, pep talking him get stepped on. Vegeta's... well he probably went though hell, Trunks "anime only" saw Future Gohan's corpse, Goten and Kid Trunks were the only stupid looking ones but they actually gave an explanation about that in a book, Cauli took it to another level.

I dont care if it makes a difference, I said that because Cauli getting the forms never helped her reach Goku's level at all so she was a mere fodder from the start if you put her up against him.
He wanted the best, better than him, which is why he went to his master first. There are also so many spots on the team, so he couldn't just load everything with Saiyans who were probably weaker than him. Overall, it was better to have fewer, powerful, Super Saiyan Saiyans, over several weaker Saiyans who can't even go Super Saiyan since Cabba would know better than anyone who that stacks.

In the manga, all forms of Super Saiyan outside of Goku and Super Saiyan 2 Gohan are gained off-scene. So the whole 'how it's gain' is mostly anime. Not to mention, Goku and Vegeta got Super Saiyan 2 off-scene with none of the drama Gohan went through.

If you don't care what the different is, why is it such a big deal that Cali fought Goku? If she went against someone weaker from U7, they would be fodder for her.
Kanassa wrote:

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:18 am

HeroR wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
HeroR wrote:
I hope one of these 2 face Caulifla so they can beat her and show you how weak Cabba and Caulifla actually are.
Yeah, keep thinking that.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: namekiansaiyan, I love your passion.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:22 am

Sorry but the girls are here to stay. They are getting too much attention and wouldnt be surprised if they get to reach the Final 10-15.

The Namekians have gotten 0 hype so far.
Last edited by perucho1990 on Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:23 am

HeroR wrote: He wanted the best, better than him, which is why he went to his master first. There are also so many spots on the team, so he couldn't just load everything with Saiyans who were probably weaker than him. Overall, it was better to have fewer, powerful, Super Saiyan Saiyans, over several weaker Saiyans who can't even go Super Saiyan since Cabba would know better than anyone who that stacks.
Ok.. how does this tie with what I said about Cabba looking for other fighters while leaving Kale and Cauli soon as he showed them how to go SSJ to keep it a mystery?
In the manga, all forms of Super Saiyan outside of Goku and Super Saiyan 2 Gohan are gained off-scene. So the whole 'how it's gain' is mostly anime. Not to mention, Goku and Vegeta got Super Saiyan 2 off-scene with none of the drama Gohan went through.
Again thats the point, I woulda preferd if thats what happened with Cauli in the first place.
If you don't care what the different is, why is it such a big deal that Cali fought Goku? If she went against someone weaker from U7, they would be fodder for her.
So you quoted me without understanding what RedHeat said and how I take it? ok then I'll put it here for you.
RedHeat said
See, this is what I don't get about the fandom. People get mad that characters are portrayed as weaker than the main cast, but when Caulifla gets SSJ2 in order to fight Goku or Kale gets SSJ Beserker it's labeled as a "asspull" and gets thrown aside, even when a decent explanation was given with the focusing of the ki on the back.
So I said
Cauli gaining SSJ didnt do jackshit for her reaching or even coming close to Goku's level, they could have done the same thing with having Goku fight Cauli both of them in base.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:27 am

SansrivaaL wrote: Ok.. how does this tie with what I said about Cabba looking for other fighters while leaving Kale and Cauli soon as he showed them how to go SSJ to keep it a mystery?

Again thats the point, I woulda preferd if thats what happened with Cauli in the first place.

So you quoted me without understanding what RedHeat said and how I take it? ok then I'll put it here for you.
RedHeat said
See, this is what I don't get about the fandom. People get mad that characters are portrayed as weaker than the main cast, but when Caulifla gets SSJ2 in order to fight Goku or Kale gets SSJ Beserker it's labeled as a "asspull" and gets thrown aside, even when a decent explanation was given with the focusing of the ki on the back.
So I said
Cauli gaining SSJ didnt do jackshit for her reaching or even coming close to Goku's level, they could have done the same thing with having Goku fight Cauli both of them in base.
Why would Cabba had to leave Cali and Kale alone to keep Super Saiyan a mystery? Especially since they had to explained what happened to Kale.

Not sure why off-scene mystery is so appealing, but whatever. Preference and all.

And I still don't get it since whoever Cali fights on U7 would either be fodder to her or she would be fodder to them. So I really don't see the different in her fighting Goku and being no match.
Kanassa wrote:

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:31 am

Nero<>Akira wrote:17 trained for like 15 years and is a cyborg enhanced on the molecular level with infinite energy and was just a normal boy that was able to become more powerful than anyone (besides 16) by the time he was awakened by Doctor Gero (his creator). There's no way I will have a problem with it. Besides, Goku wasn't even going all out. he had to go blue cause 17 is obviously stronger than ssj3. doesn't mean Goku can't stomp him.
It is still stupid and the only reason he got this power up was because he was off screen if he wasn't he would be just like 18.
omaro34 wrote:
HeroR wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
I hope one of these 2 face Caulifla so they can beat her and show you how weak Cabba and Caulifla actually are.
Yeah, keep thinking that.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: namekiansaiyan, I love your passion.
I am getting ready for the Namekian fight even though it is slightly ruined with that nerd tagging along.
perucho1990 wrote:Image

Sorry but the girls are here to stay. They are getting too much attention and wouldnt be surprised if they get to reach the Final 10-15.

The Namekians have gotten 0 hype so far.
These Saiyans are going very soon and you know that really.

The three Namekians, Toppo and Jiren are the only characters left I care about so I am going to hype the Namekians up until I can't.
Last edited by namekiansaiyan on Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:34 am

omaro34 wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: namekiansaiyan, I love your passion.
Its amazing in its own way right? like the guy transcends passion.
namekiansaiyan wrote:
I am getting ready for the Namekian fight even though it is slightly ruined with that nerd tagging along.
Hey hey, are you lowkey dissin my boy Gohan? never dis the bangs!
HeroR wrote: Why would Cabba had to leave Cali and Kale alone to keep Super Saiyan a mystery? Especially since they had to explained what happened to Kale.
Explain what? even they dont understand whats going on with her, and even if they do Cauli and Kale are always together, Cauli would have been enough to explain what happened to her, she aint dumb.
And I still don't get it since whoever Cali fights on U7 would either be fodder to her or she would be fodder to them. So I really don't see the different in her fighting Goku and being no match.
Dont know how to make this sound more simple but I'll try, they already planned Goku fighting Cauli, she's a fodder for him but he played along because thats how Goku is so her getting SSJ or not doesnt make a difference at all since RedHeat was saying "People get mad that characters are portrayed as weaker than the main cast, but when Caulifla gets SSJ2 in order to fight Goku" when the fact is she didnt need to get SSJ2 to be able to fight Goku, all they needed to do was have Goku fight in base, he was doing that all over the tournament, Cauli getting SSJ2 doesnt close the gap nor is it a requirement for her to have a bout with Goku.
Last edited by SansrivaaL on Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:35 am

perucho1990 wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler].
Kale looks great!
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:36 am

That picture of Kale is really enjoyable. Good eyes. Her eyes often ruin her whole look in the anime, especially when they make them gray.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:38 am

SansrivaaL wrote: Dont know how to make this sound more simple but I'll try, they already planned Goku fighting Cauli, she's a fodder for him but he played along because thats how Goku is so her getting SSJ or not doesnt make a difference at all since RedHeat was saying "People get mad that characters are portrayed as weaker than the main cast, but when Caulifla gets SSJ2 in order to fight Goku" when the fact is she didnt need to get SSJ2 to be able to fight Goku, all they needed to do was have Goku fight in base, he was doing that all over the tournament, Cauli getting SSJ2 doesnt close the gap nor is it a requirement for her to have a bout with Goku.
It makes a different for the overall story since it makes no sense for her not to have Super Saiyan. So her having Super Saiyan meaning nothing because she fights Goku comes off as shallow, imo. And while Red Heat was partly wrong, her having Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan 2 made her up there where she could stuff like knock half of the Pride Troopers. We also having seen all of Cali's role to just write of her having Super Saiyan as pointless.

And when I said explained, it would be random for her to go Berserk at the tournament and we're only told, yeah she did this before. The build up for why it happened and what trigger it is much more natural to the story over, 'we have to keep Super Saiyan as some kind of mystery'.
Last edited by HeroR on Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kanassa wrote:

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:39 am

HeroR wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote: That doesnt mean he's not allowed to look for others after recruiting the saiyans.

He wanted the best, better than him, which is why he went to his master first. There are also so many spots on the team, so he couldn't just load everything with Saiyans who were probably weaker than him. Overall, it was better to have fewer, powerful, Super Saiyan Saiyans, over several weaker Saiyans who can't even go Super Saiyan since Cabba would know better than anyone who that stacks.

Personally I see the old SSJ forms is equivalent to going to college

In the old days going to college was a huge deal. Now everyone does it it's more like going to High School now so it's not as big of a deal as it once was. That is the same thing with SSJ and SSJ2. When Goku first became SSJ of course it was a big deal. But now as new even more impressive power ups are unlocked who cares if new characters get the old power-ups easily? It's just kind of how it is.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:39 am

Toppo is now implied being stronger than Kaiokenx20 at full power, he might last long and should be part of the Final 10.

About the namekians, Piccolo seemed very confident facing them.

Cant wait for WSJ Episode 113 PV, we should know if Cabba survived or not.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:40 am

perucho1990 wrote:Toppo is now implied being stronger than Kaiokenx20 at full power, he might last long and should be part of the Final 10.
When was that implied?