"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:46 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:He specifically mentioned SSGSS Goku not just Goku, managa's perfected blue form I suppose..
Except the form has already been perfected in the anime.
Was it ever explicitly stated to be perfected?
Goku transformed into SS easily when he met trunks for the first time and it wss mentioned he can use the power at his will, but there was still room to grow..
I expect a similar situation here
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:48 pm

He just wanted to say that the episode he's writting and the one he voted on dokkan were quite similar :lol:

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:51 pm

But what is the deal with voting for it? What's the purpose?
Is it a poll for most wanted cards or favorite cards or something?
Also think it's a hint towards Goku's new form of course, maybe he's going to absorb all his power into base form or something.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:53 pm

What kind of game is dokkan? a card game? maybe he voted there and got a card that fought a character and turns out he's writting an episode about those 2 fighting?

Nekis13
Regular

Post by Nekis13 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:00 pm

Dokkan Battle is holding a poll to vote what characters should be featured in the next Banner.

From the looks of it he (Toshio) voted SSB Goku due to reasons that we will find out later on. (Not related to the game, but the Anime.)
Last edited by Nekis13 on Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stay edgy

DeviantArt Thing: Drawings and stuff, also Dragon Ball

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:01 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:He specifically mentioned SSGSS Goku not just Goku, managa's perfected blue form I suppose..
Except the form has already been perfected in the anime.
Goku transformed into SS easily when he met trunks for the first time and it wss mentioned he can use the power at his will, but there was still room to grow..
Does it need to be stated if it's obvious? Goku can use KK with SSGSS, it would be pretty silly if he could do that and not have perfected SSGSS don't you think. On top of that Goku and Vegeta in the Black arc pretty much stayed in SSGSS throughout only reverted out when they were completely wasted.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:10 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Except the form has already been perfected in the anime.
Does it need to be stated if it's obvious? Goku can use KK with SSGSS, it would be pretty silly if he could do that and not have perfected SSGSS don't you think. On top of that Goku and Vegeta in the Black arc pretty much stayed in SSGSS throughout only reverted out when they were completely wasted.
Goku also stayed SS the entire fight on namek..
These specific instances Shouldn't be judged on obviousness, there are plenty ways to write around it until explicitly stated
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:19 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote: Was it ever explicitly stated to be perfected?
These specific instances Shouldn't be judged on obviousness, there are plenty ways to write around it until explicitly stated
What about KK then? And Goku and Vegeta have shown going in and out of SSGSS at will just like regular SS, it's obvious they have mastered it, I don't know why this is even up for debate.
BlueBasilisk wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:When has he had time to get a new form?
It has been months since the Black arc.
You're right, it has, but this whole arc kicked off because Goku was feeling rusty and went to train with Whis. It sounds like he didn't do a lot in that time.

If he gets anything new I think he'll get it during the tournament as opposed to already having it.
Goku has seemingly mastered KK at least regular KK between the Black arc and now so it's not out the realms of possibility he also has a new form/power up, furthermore there is some slight evidence he has in the way he eagerly showed his hand in the Zen Exhibition, and then not acting concerned when Beerus is freaking out he's revealing too much and is only as strong as U11 second strongest.

I personally hope it's something that unlocks in the ToP though, it has been a long time since a form has done that I think SS2 Gohan was the last?

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:23 pm

Goku's line against Toppo about him "showing what happens when I break my limit" does seem to imply he has a new form.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:25 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Does it need to be stated if it's obvious? Goku can use KK with SSGSS, it would be pretty silly if he could do that and not have perfected SSGSS don't you think. On top of that Goku and Vegeta in the Black arc pretty much stayed in SSGSS throughout only reverted out when they were completely wasted.
What about KK then? And Goku and Vegeta have shown going in and out of SSGSS at will just like regular SS, it's obvious they have mastered it, I don't know why this is even up for debate.
BlueBasilisk wrote:
Doctor. wrote: It has been months since the Black arc.
You're right, it has, but this whole arc kicked off because Goku was feeling rusty and went to train with Whis. It sounds like he didn't do a lot in that time.

If he gets anything new I think he'll get it during the tournament as opposed to already having it.
Goku has seemingly mastered KK at least regular KK between the Black arc and now so it's not out the realms of possibility he also has a new form/power up, furthermore there is some slight evidence he has in the way he eagerly showed his hand in the Zen Exhibition, and then not acting concerned when Beerus is freaking out he's revealing too much and is only as strong as U11 second strongest.

I personally hope it's something that unlocks in the ToP though, it has been a long time since a form has done that I think SS2 Gohan was the last?
Super Saiyan Rage?
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:28 pm

HeroR wrote: Super Saiyan Rage?
Oh wow you're right that never crossed my mind at all. :lol:

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:53 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Does it need to be stated if it's obvious? Goku can use KK with SSGSS, it would be pretty silly if he could do that and not have perfected SSGSS don't you think. On top of that Goku and Vegeta in the Black arc pretty much stayed in SSGSS throughout only reverted out when they were completely wasted.
They can do it with every form, mastered or not..
It's up for debate because the information of its being perfect is based on an assumption..
KK works because of the nature of blue being calm, by that logic it would mean Goku perfected blue at the champa tournament itself and all the increase they had during black arc was a bunch of hot air..

There was still room for development in blue, and I am of the opinion there is always room for development until stated outright they perfected it..
It's not that hard to understand

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:11 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote: Goku also stayed SS the entire fight on namek..
They can do it with every form, mastered or not..
It's up for debate because the information of its being perfect is based on an assumption..
KK works because of the nature of blue being calm, by that logic it would mean Goku perfected blue at the champa tournament itself and all the increase they had during black arc was a bunch of hot air..

There was still room for development in blue, and I am of the opinion there is always room for development until stated outright they perfected it..
It's not that hard to understand
The only bonus that is ever explicitly stated about SSB is that Goku can combine KK and SSB because it has "perfect ki control"

Now they never actually explain what that is, but fans have taken it to mean anything from them having the power to "hold back" below basis levels to having "mastered" the SSB form.
Unfortunately we have no idea if this "perfect ki control" is a result of training and mastery or a bonus the form itself grants. Further we have no known applications for it which have been explicitly stated in the anime outside of allowing Goku to combine both SSB and KK. The line was vague enough for fans to use it as a justification for anything they desire.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:18 pm

The funny part about it becoming a perfected form is total domination of no more ki leak aura while staying in base form, the distinction then becomes mist, I hope the OP and ED showing Goku in his base with mist isnt really the one he unlocks, it looks and feels a lot like Luffy's gear 2nd, I dont like that.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:33 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:The funny part about it becoming a perfected form is total domination of no more ki leak aura while staying in base form, the distinction then becomes mist, I hope the OP and ED showing Goku in his base with mist isnt really the one he unlocks, it looks and feels a lot like Luffy's gear 2nd, I dont like that.
At least his skin dosen't go pink, I wouldn't like a pink Goku blowing mist everywhere, we got majin buu for that

Pkjoan

Post by Pkjoan » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:33 am

SansrivaaL wrote:The funny part about it becoming a perfected form is total domination of no more ki leak aura while staying in base form, the distinction then becomes mist, I hope the OP and ED showing Goku in his base with mist isnt really the one he unlocks, it looks and feels a lot like Luffy's gear 2nd, I dont like that.
If you noticed in the ED, Goku has a form with mist around him but the right part is covered in clouds which hints that there's something hiding there that they don't want to reveal yet.

And then there's this:

Dpc292
Banned

Post by Dpc292 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:26 am

Pkjoan wrote:
If you noticed in the ED, Goku has a form with mist around him but the right part is covered in clouds which hints that there's something hiding there that they don't want to reveal yet.

And then there's this:
...oh my god, ALTERNATE UNIVERSE GOKU!!!!!!!!!

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:58 am

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:18 am

[spoiler]
Freeza9000 wrote:Image
[/spoiler]
Translation:
[spoiler]https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/877787432237780993[/spoiler]

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:37 am

Freeza doesn't want to follow Gohan's plan? Shocking!
I hope Vegeta isn't too up his own ass about the plan, I'd be okay with him going off on his own at first and then teaming up later.