"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:23 am

buutenks wrote:
Head in your hand, u referencing ur avatar? :lol:
I sure am!
Glad someone got it, was getting tedious to hear all the "what the fuck is wrong with you" posts :P
Ye, but u can solve this problem by making more strong characters. Make the u7 team work for it, not just have, oh if i had used full power i could have koed 99% of the contestants, but didnt bother cos a 3 episode arc isnt very good.
They might not be going in that direction at all.. From the get go team dosen't wanna work together for some reason, even though I believe they will get to it eventually, there is a chance this is a plot device to get many ringed out fast..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:32 am

Ki Breaker wrote: They might not be going in that direction at all.. From the get go team dosen't wanna work together for some reason, even though I believe they will get to it eventually, there is a chance this is a plot device to get many ringed out fast..
I can see it now, every episode is a warm up for the Jiren vs Goku match, with Vegeta jobbing in the end to show how Op Jiren is. Guess they will stretch those warm up episodes to high heaven just so the arc can be looong.

TysonWine
Beyond Newbie

Post by TysonWine » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:52 am

buutenks wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote: They might not be going in that direction at all.. From the get go team dosen't wanna work together for some reason, even though I believe they will get to it eventually, there is a chance this is a plot device to get many ringed out fast..
I can see it now, every episode is a warm up for the Jiren vs Goku match, with Vegeta jobbing in the end to show how Op Jiren is. Guess they will stretch those warm up episodes to high heaven just so the arc can be looong.
I don't see Vegeta jobbing to Jiren... Bri Bri is taking him out first :lol:

I think Hit will Job to Jiren. He's the strongest character, who's not a main character, who has hax abilities that could be broken if not removed immediately. In other words, he's the perfect sacrifice. Which brings me to Frieza. I predict Gohan and Frieza too put in the most for u7 in terms of ringing out everyone who's not God level. I predict Frieza's highlight moment will be tag teaming Jiren with Goku in a losing effort, which leaves him defeated, but not before weakening Jiren to a point where Goku can fight him on even terms. Why would Frieza team up with Goku, well, if they're the only three left...

Side note about Frieza: I think Frieza's his own worst enemy. Rather than scheming and manipulating, his best bet is to give it his all for u7. I have a feeling he may get in his own way by over complicating things.

ChaosLordBrandon
Regular

Post by ChaosLordBrandon » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:53 am

I heavily doubt this arc will be anything like champa one bit.

the fact there were 20 episodes of build to it as opposed to champa 1 or 2 already proves it.

Also every single fight in this arc looks good while mostly the only three good fights Champa had was Vegeta vs Magetta, Vegeta vs Cabba and Goku vs Hit.

And the fact that are about to be four Gods Of Destruction that will show people how it actually works already makes the tournament itself very different and that's it's battle royal, that's aleady two point's things that makes it drastically different than Champa.

And that it's ten members on each team. Which now makes it 3.

And that Gohan,17,Krillin and Golden Freeza already are members on the U7 team besides Goku and Vegeta that will do pretty good. Which now makes it four.
Last edited by ChaosLordBrandon on Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:56 am

TysonWine wrote: I don't see Vegeta jobbing to Jiren... Bri Bri is taking him out first :lol:
I didn't know Misaka Mikoto was competing
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:01 pm

ChaosLordBrandon wrote:I heavily doubt this arc will be anything like champa one bit.

the fact there were 20 episodes of build to it as opposed to champa 1 or 2 already proves it.

Also every single fight in this arc looks good while most the only three good fights Champa had was Vegeta vs Magetta, Vegeta vs Cabba and Goku vs Hit.
ye but the conclusion will still be Goku vs Jiren...hehe. The FT anime(atleast) arc did well by having Trunks get the final hit, even tho his power ups were from thin air.

The only way they can make it interesting is if they have another character beat Jiren and Goku. Which isnt going to happen.

ChaosLordBrandon
Regular

Post by ChaosLordBrandon » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:02 pm

TysonWine wrote:
buutenks wrote:
I don't see Vegeta jobbing to Jiren... Bri Bri is taking him out first :lol:

I think Hit will Job to Jiren. He's the strongest character, who's not a main character, who has hax abilities that could be broken if not removed immediately. In other words, he's the perfect sacrifice. Which brings me to Frieza. I predict Gohan and Frieza too put in the most for u7 in terms of ringing out everyone who's not God level. I predict Frieza's highlight moment will be tag teaming Jiren with Goku in a losing effort, which leaves him defeated, but not before weakening Jiren to a point where Goku can fight him on even terms. Why would Frieza team up with Goku, well, if they're the only three left...

Side note about Frieza: I think Frieza's his own worst enemy. Rather than scheming and manipulating, his best bet is to give it his all for u7. I have a feeling he may get in his own way by over complicating things.
Bri is gonna beast, I know in my soul Vegeta will go SSJB blue to fight her. She might even be his toughest foe he fights there.

ChaosLordBrandon
Regular

Post by ChaosLordBrandon » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:05 pm

buutenks wrote:
ChaosLordBrandon wrote:I heavily doubt this arc will be anything like champa one bit.

Also every single fight in this arc looks good while most the only three good fights Champa had was Vegeta vs Magetta, Vegeta vs Cabba and Goku vs Hit.
ye but the conclusion will still be Goku vs Jiren...hehe. The FT anime(atleast) arc did well by having Trunks get the final hit, even tho his power ups were from thin air.

The only way they can make it interesting is if they have another character beat Jiren and Goku. Which isnt going to happen.
I don't see how that's a bad thing at all tho, in most stories anyways you already who the final fight will be against or just by looking at the opening or at the start. I'm pretty sure every body at the start of the namek arc knew that Goku would fight Freeza or that Luffy's final fight in One Piece will be Blackbeard or Akainu.
Last edited by ChaosLordBrandon on Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:08 pm

buutenks wrote:

Trunks didn't get the final hit though. Zen-chan did.

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:21 pm

I highly doubt Vegeta is going down to that "tele tubby" thing. He's going to fight Toppo. I can see Vegeta in that back choke pose thing.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:26 pm

MagmonKai wrote:I highly doubt Vegeta is going down to that "tele tubby" thing. He's going to fight Toppo. I can see Vegeta in that back choke pose thing.
Toppo then destroys him as Vegeta has to have his 'Saiyan pride' damaged in each arc.

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:29 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
MagmonKai wrote:I highly doubt Vegeta is going down to that "tele tubby" thing. He's going to fight Toppo. I can see Vegeta in that back choke pose thing.
Toppo then destroys him as Vegeta has to have his 'Saiyan pride' damaged in each arc.

Somebody has to beat Toppo, unless you think Hit will do it. Now that is a good battle. In fact, I'm sure Hit can easily handle Toppo.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:30 pm

MagmonKai wrote: Somebody has to beat Toppo, unless you think Hit will do it. Now that is a good battle. In fact, I'm sure Hit can easily handle Toppo.
Its gonna be Freeza! a showdown between ultimate evil and ultimate justice! 8)

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:45 pm

Toppo will be beat in the most unexpected way, Krillin 18 and 17 tag team bests him

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:49 pm

MagmonKai wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:

Somebody has to beat Toppo, unless you think Hit will do it. Now that is a good battle. In fact, I'm sure Hit can easily handle Toppo.
It all depends on what conditions both fighters are in when they fight. That will be a very close battle.

Hit I think will do very well since he will have a great defensive mind and tactics so he can last longer without getting injured. People with better defences should last longer even if they don't beat as many fighters. This also includes Magetta, Piccolo, 17 and 18.
SansrivaaL wrote: Its gonna be Freeza! a showdown between ultimate evil and ultimate justice! 8)
Frieza will lose as he is too arrogant and probably weaker.
Ki Breaker wrote:Toppo will be beat in the most unexpected way, Krillin 18 and 17 tag team bests him
I do think it will be a 3 vs 3 with Toppo teaming up with Kahseral and Dyspo. They lose to whoever they face.

We should get to see the other 6 Pride Troopers in episode 96.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:52 pm

I ask myself why Frieza is already beaten up? And what is Beerus planning?

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:56 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote: Frieza will lose as he is too arrogant and probably weaker.
Toppo couldnt land a clean hit on SSJB Goku and got him thinking about him over and over, Freeza knocked the SSJB out of Goku in one shot.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:11 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote: Frieza will lose as he is too arrogant and probably weaker.
Toppo couldnt land a clean hit on SSJB Goku and got him thinking about him over and over, Freeza knocked the SSJB out of Goku in one shot.
Toppo wasn't done powering up. He clearly powered up before Goku went to kaioken .
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:16 pm

It'd be interesting to see Gohan beat Jiren actually.

He really needs something big. He hasn't beaten a notable name since Cell.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:19 pm

kinisking wrote: Toppo wasn't done powering up. He clearly powered up before Goku went to kaioken .
Him powering up can just mean him reaching from getting stomped to actually putting up a fight. Still a far cry to what Freeza pulled.