"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:40 am

I've heard that Dragon Ball is at an all time high in terms of popularity because of Super. I'm not certain of the veracity of that notion, but hey, assuming that this is the end, at least they're ending things on a very high-note unlike GT's run. Good money made for Toei I guess... personally Super potentially ending doesn't adversely affect me and I'm pretty okay with it.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:59 am

puar wrote:think about it for a second. nozawa who voice both gohan and goku is 85 years old. right now shes moving to voice in kitaro. assuming dragon ball will return it will be maybe in 2019 or 2020. from there its like what. 2-3 years airing for a new series. now way she will still be like close to 90.
She is 81, so she'll be 83 going on 84 in 2020 a good deal from 90.
Furthermore 2020 is when the Olympics will take place in Japan, where Goku is one of the mascots.
Hard not seeing her continuing on voicing the character for at least that unless she retires or worse pf course.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:31 am

The only thing now left to do is wait for the news confirming manga continues or not..
Sure hope it does..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:37 am

Ki Breaker wrote:The only thing now left to do is wait for the news confirming manga continues or not..
Sure hope it does..
Why would they stop it in the middle of an arc ? Or do you mean continuing with a new show ?
dbgtFO wrote:
puar wrote:think about it for a second. nozawa who voice both gohan and goku is 85 years old. right now shes moving to voice in kitaro. assuming dragon ball will return it will be maybe in 2019 or 2020. from there its like what. 2-3 years airing for a new series. now way she will still be like close to 90.
She is 81, so she'll be 83 going on 84 in 2020 a good deal from 90.
Furthermore 2020 is when the Olympics will take place in Japan, where Goku is one of the mascots.
Hard not seeing her continuing on voicing the character for at least that unless she retires or worse pf course.
They'd be smart to recast her for the new show as doing that when she's alive and before it starts would be a lot easier than doing it if she passes away in the middle of it.
TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:Assuming that this is the end, at least they're ending things on a very high-note unlike GT's run.
The last 2-3 episodes have been amazing so assuming the quality continues till the end then it'll be a very good way to (temporarily) end things, especially compared to GT's rushed final arc.
Last edited by sintzu on Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:38 am

Ki Breaker wrote:The only thing now left to do is wait for the news confirming manga continues or not..
Sure hope it does..
Imagine if March's issue of the manga was the end though (it won't be)

The backlash would be beautiful

I say it won't be because it pulls a lot of merch moneydollars on it's own. Toyotaro will likely keep releasing monthly to keep DB in the public eye, and just continue the story into the fifth Dragon Ball anime series whenever it's announced

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:43 am

IM21 wrote:Dragon room wasn't created so that DB would stop... Something will come after the movie... Wouldn't be surprised if ep 131 ends in a ''to be continued'' way.
I completely forgot about that, we've yet to see the results of it so this may be their doing for some reason.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:50 am

sintzu wrote:
Sure hope it does..
Why would they stop it in the middle of an arc ? Or do you mean continuing with a new show ?
What I mean is, super can go off the air, but I want the manga to continue even after the top arc, with either Toriyama providing stories or Toyo original stories, from which the anime can adapt from when it finally is ready to air again..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:57 am

Ki Breaker wrote:What I mean is, super can go off the air, but I want the manga to continue even after the top arc, with either Toriyama providing stories or Toyo original stories, from which the anime can adapt from when it finally is ready to air again..
Maybe not Super's manga but I can see them moving Toyotarou to weekly shonen jump to get DB back there and have the new anime be based off it like before.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:00 am

sintzu wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:What I mean is, super can go off the air, but I want the manga to continue even after the top arc, with either Toriyama providing stories or Toyo original stories, from which the anime can adapt from when it finally is ready to air again..
Maybe not Super's manga but I can see them moving Toyotarou to weekly shonen jump to get DB back there and have the new anime be based off it like before.
That's works, that definitely works.. :thumbup:

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:00 am

I seriously hope it's just a season finale or hiatus. If Super is truly ending I'll be incredibly disappointed.

Not good news at all :thumbdown:

SirTorra
Beyond Newbie

Post by SirTorra » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:24 am

I kinda feel bad for all the gohan fans. Also the piccolo fans and the tien fans and the krillin fans and the buu fans as well as the goten fans and the kid trunks fans and the yamcha fans, i think you guys get the point. A big shame that in 131 episodes we got ZERO development/spotlight of our beloved Zfighthers. Luckily I'm a Vegeta fan.

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:39 am

With so little episodes left i have a feeling the time in the top will run out and U7 will win just cause of the number of remaining fighters. I dont think there will be any fighting in 131... Except if it end on a cliffhanger.

GamerSkull
Regular

Post by GamerSkull » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:44 am

SirTorra wrote:I kinda feel bad for all the gohan fans. Also the piccolo fans and the tien fans and the krillin fans and the buu fans as well as the goten fans and the kid trunks fans and the yamcha fans, i think you guys get the point. A big shame that in 131 episodes we got ZERO development/spotlight of our beloved Zfighthers. Luckily I'm a Vegeta fan.
It's a shame really.

I have no problem with Goku and Vegeta getting a good chunk of the spotlight comparatively. I just wish we got to see a lot more from the side characters as well...
We got some glimmers of it at certain points but not enough for certain characters. :(
"Roga Fu-Fu Ken!"

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:57 am

https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/954155784757166081

So this pretty much confirm super is done but another dragon ball series ocming up in future tho?

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:59 am

vashter wrote:https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/954155784757166081

So this pretty much confirm super is done but another dragon ball series ocming up in future tho?
First part yes, second part no..
As it's said there, nothing is set in stone..

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:10 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:12 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
sintzu wrote:
A weekly serialization sounds nice.Now for future,I hope they do the remaining four universes better.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:24 am

Welp this probably my final post for now until whenever dragon ball series come back, nice meeting you all!

Lupin Vegeta

Post by Lupin Vegeta » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:27 am

Devastated. I love the current arc and was hoping it was only the beginning. Hopefully the manga continues at least.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:39 am

My only concern regarding with this whole "don't worry, DB isn't over " sentiment they're trying to reassure fans with, is that it's simply them being polite and nothing more. As far as I know, it's very rare to hear a clear and definite "no" in Japanese culture, and they generally try to let them down easy. It's like when Bleach anime ended and you kept hearing that they'd like to continue someday but it's been years and nothing. Granted DB is in a far better place than Bleach was when they pulled the plug, but still.