"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:22 pm

potat_lasaro wrote:So, does anyone else think that maybe the reason there are two Namekians is so they'll do a tag team against either Androids 17 and 18 or even the two hidden bugs of U4? Or possibly even both?

Think about it, I'd rather have Piccolo face them, but it would be a more surprising fight to have 17 and 18 struggling against the two bugs only for the new Namekians to come in, use their hearing and eliminate the bugs before fighting the Androids.
Why would the Namekians help 17 and 18? They would wait for them to be knocked out before defeating the bugs. Who would Piccolo face instead?

The bugs vs Androids would make sense a little as they are both twins.
Jigurashi wrote: Would I be saying two far more significant characters meet U6 versions of their race? U6 Saiyans who at the moment seem to be more important the U6 Namekians who haven't appeared yet. Them not appearing yet itself could mean a few things: They'll have some role later on in the ToP, they'll end up being insignificant all the same, they'll have major importance down the road, etc...

I'm not saying to curb your expectations or anything of the sort. But it's a fact that there's nothing concrete telling us that Piccolo and the U6 Namekians are being saved for one another, and at the moment nothing says they have to be for Piccolo.
What has your first sentence got to do with anything? I like to think the Namekians will bring something to bring as what wpuld be the point of them being here?

The Namekians can fight other people but at some point they should end up at least interacting with Piccolo.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:00 pm

The gr wrote:
Boo Machine wrote:I imagine people making separate threads to voice their initial thoughts if that were to happen. Someone will find another thread.
then what's the point of closing the episode thread if that happens, I just wish everyone waited for the episode thread
What's pretty sad is that this shows people aren't mature enough to understand (and follow) rules and just feel entitled to have whatever they want when they want. Those threads got locked because of people not being aware enough they didn't know what they were talking about and not knowing how to behave. The moderators had to treat them as babies and prevent that from happening. Or so they thought because, even after being warned, people just ignore the rules/moderators to have their way because God forbid they wait an hour to make a post.

I'm sure the majority has no ill will when doing it but there can't be a free pass given here, everyone should know better. Anyone who does it need to realize they are basically telling the moderators to fuck off.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:06 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
potat_lasaro wrote:So, does anyone else think that maybe the reason there are two Namekians is so they'll do a tag team against either Androids 17 and 18 or even the two hidden bugs of U4? Or possibly even both?

Think about it, I'd rather have Piccolo face them, but it would be a more surprising fight to have 17 and 18 struggling against the two bugs only for the new Namekians to come in, use their hearing and eliminate the bugs before fighting the Androids.
Why would the Namekians help 17 and 18? They would wait for them to be knocked out before defeating the bugs. Who would Piccolo face instead?

Jigurashi wrote: Would I be saying two far more significant characters meet U6 versions of their race? U6 Saiyans who at the moment seem to be more important the U6 Namekians who haven't appeared yet. Them not appearing yet itself could mean a few things: They'll have some role later on in the ToP, they'll end up being insignificant all the same, they'll have major importance down the road, etc...

I'm not saying to curb your expectations or anything of the sort. But it's a fact that there's nothing concrete telling us that Piccolo and the U6 Namekians are being saved for one another, and at the moment nothing says they have to be for Piccolo.
What has your first sentence got to do with anything? I like to think the Namekians will bring something to bring as what wpuld be the point of them being here?

The Namekians can fight other people but at some point they should end up at least interacting with Piccolo.
The keyword here being should. Yeah, I agree that they should at least interact and have a good fight with Piccolo, and I'm personally somewhat hopefully they will. I'm simply not ignoring the possibility of that not happening. Sure there are things we feel should happen, but things don't always go that way.

potat_lasaro

Post by potat_lasaro » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:43 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:

No, I just misworded it. They wouldn't be helping the Androids, more so taking advantage of the situation where the Bugs will have weakened them along with being weakened themselves. Then they'll jump in and try to take all four fighters out, succeeding in taking the Bugs out...

As for Piccolo, I'm not really sure, though perhaps he could take on the guy with the cane from U3 (I forgot his name). I mean, I'd rather see Piccolo fight the two Namekians, but it would also feel too obvious of a fight and I could see him not fighting them just because we're expecting it...kind of like Tien with the Bugs for having sensed them

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:45 pm

alakazam^ wrote:What's pretty sad is that this shows people aren't mature enough to understand (and follow) rules and just feel entitled to have whatever they want when they want. Those threads got locked because of people not being aware enough they didn't know what they were talking about and not knowing how to behave. The moderators had to treat them as babies and prevent that from happening. Or so they thought because, even after being warned, people just ignore the rules/moderators to have their way because God forbid they wait an hour to make a post.

I'm sure the majority has no ill will when doing it but there can't be a free pass given here, everyone should know better. Anyone who does it need to realize they are basically telling the moderators to fuck off.

Apparently this thread is only supposed to be used for discussion of announcements; every once in a great while a moderator comes in here and says to stop the general discussion that always takes place here. Then by the next page the general discussion resumes as usual. What's a regular poster supposed to do, report the dozens of off-topic posts? It's impossible to believe the moderators don't already see the pages upon pages of supposedly off-topic discussion; that it isn't removed signals that the discussion is okay more than a warning every few months.

People don't follow rules that aren't enforced. It's more expected than sad to me. You've done it too; just recently you had a lively back and forth about the nature of the Genki Dama in this thread.
The gr wrote:Is been pretty bad This Month with people thinking beerus is stomping every god and he is being wanked Which is the most childish term I've heard
Does it sound mature when you say it?

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:56 pm

Simere wrote:Apparently this thread is only supposed to be used for discussion of announcements; every once in a great while a moderator comes in here and says to stop the general discussion that always takes place here. Then by the next page the general discussion resumes as usual. What's a regular poster supposed to do, report the dozens of off-topic posts? It's impossible to believe the moderators don't already see the pages upon pages of supposedly off-topic discussion; that it isn't removed signals that the discussion is okay more than a warning every few months.

People don't follow rules that aren't enforced. It's more expected than sad to me. You've done it too; just recently you had a lively back and forth about the nature of the Genki Dama in this thread.
Well, a report button exists to be used when someone feels it's necessary.

You don't think it's sad people have to be reminded over and over again that they're a guest in someone else's "house" and they're the ones that wanted to get in so they're expected to behave accordingly? It's common sense.

Off-topic is inevitable in every thread but it's a different matter when someone knows there's a specific thread where that topic should have been posted. By now, everyone here that follows the anime knows there are threads for each episode and that they are locked until the subtitled versions are available. There's no excuse not to wait a couple of hours.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:01 pm

yeah I was childish back when until I realized how childish & obnoxious that term is along with words like jobber
    So do we have anything new relating to v jump
    Mostly active on discord.

ArchedThunder
    Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:13 pm

The gr wrote:
    yeah I was childish back when until I realized how childish & obnoxious that term is along with words like jobber
      So do we have anything new relating to v jump
      It was just the same art of Goku. It did say something in regards to the special that is something that hasn't been said since July though, "Something terrible will happen".

Bullza
      Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:45 am

Can anybody tell me the release date schedule for the next few episodes leading up to the special?

RedHeat
      Regular

Post by RedHeat » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:59 am

Bullza wrote:Can anybody tell me the release date schedule for the next few episodes leading up to the special?
      There's going to be one more episode to end off September on the 23rd or 30th.
      Feels over Reals.

shadowmaria
      OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:46 am

Bullza wrote:Can anybody tell me the release date schedule for the next few episodes leading up to the special?
      Japanese dates:

September 24th - 108
      October 1st - OP Special. No episode.
      October 8th - 109 & 110. Not an OVA, not a hour long episode, two episodes back to back.
      October 15th - 111
      October 22nd - 112

And so on

namekiansaiyan
      I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:15 am

What if the reason why Piccolo is not with Gohan is because Jimeze teleports away with him and he fights Universe 2

GodKaio-Ken
      I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:56 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:What if the reason why Piccolo is not with Gohan is because Jimeze teleports away with him and he fights Universe 2
      That would be an interesting use for the IT. Using it to separate your opponent from their team and maybe even into a trap.
      Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

pacz360
      I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:33 am

Do we get any new info this week?
      Also TODAYS MY BIRTHDAY :D

Ki Breaker
      Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:15 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:What if the reason why Piccolo is not with Gohan is because Jimeze teleports away with him and he fights Universe 2
      It is pretty broken, but I would rather see new techniques from the race known to have great techniques..
      pacz360 wrote: Also TODAYS MY BIRTHDAY :D
      Happy birthday man :)
      Happy birthday to you too PerhapsTheOtherOne

So, on topic,
      What are the chances of the Yadrat showing actual techniques instead of spamming IT throughout his fight until Freeza rocks his world
      The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Shounen
      Beyond Newbie

Post by Shounen » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:26 am

shadowmaria wrote:October 8th - 109 & 110. Not an OVA, not a hour long episode, two episodes back to back.
      Source?

ArchedThunder
      Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:52 pm

Shounen wrote:
      shadowmaria wrote:October 8th - 109 & 110. Not an OVA, not a hour long episode, two episodes back to back.
      Source?
      Episode listings.

namekiansaiyan
      I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:55 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
      Shounen wrote:
      Source?
      Episode listings.
      Does that mean we will get the opening and ending twice?

Shounen
      Beyond Newbie

Post by Shounen » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:30 pm

They advertise it as 1-hour special, so two normal episodes would be silly.

ArchedThunder
      Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:51 pm

Shounen wrote:They advertise it as 1-hour special, so two normal episodes would be silly.
      It's filling a 1 hour time slot and it's special that we're getting 2 episodes back to back.