"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

perucho1990
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by perucho1990 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:06 pm

precita wrote:18 being eliminated next is likely but it'll make me sick to my stomach if she doesn't get a major win before going down. She's the only female fighter in U7 and we waited a long time to see her fight again.
She already has more singles eliminations than Caulifla and Kale, and besides it wouldnt make sense if 18 outlasts someone like Piccolo, her role is already fulfilled.

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:22 pm

Hawk9211 wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Having a longer arc doesn't mean characters get development. Like how much development has U3 has gotten or even U2 which people more or less called the troll universe at this point because of Rib.

Even years down the line, an arc can overstay its welcome. Like many agreed the Namek/Freeza Saga went on too long, specifically Goku vs. Freeza, despite you being able to watch the entire thing at once. The same with Skypie in One Piece. There is a reason why there is a trope called Arc Fatigue or why 'are they still on Namek' became a meme.
Usually it does , not all and bigger casts leave some behind that is how it goes , but it leaves rooms for writers/storytellers to mold out the visions they have for the arc and characters they choose to focus on . Just cause a group of fans may not be wild about a concept like that is not mean others don't , it is the same that while some may not be to interested in some characters from some of the Universes Like Ribrianne or Caulifla and Kale does not mean others don't , ones ideal of troll is another ideal of Interesting and Enjoyable .

Fans need to learn fast this is the uniqueness of what fandom is , you my find groups of fans that say similar to what you believe at that are good , but you will differ with small things as well . You get into bigger groups of the fandom you will find major differences

It is these differences that help know that some of us like a longer arc and why and then with that can debate with those that want a shorter one and why . That is part of what makes posting so interesting .
I am tired of this uniqueness bull sugar coating.Objectively,speaking how many characters have been even tried to be developed,yes its amazing we got 80 unique designs and names,but you know when I try to think of unique abilities in this tournament of skill,only a number of characters like obuni,darcori come to my mind,don't even get me started on personalities nearly everyone is arrogant asshole with negative traits.
See their you answered my point for me, Thank You for that. ;)

Uniqueness of Fandom is that not ever fan in the same-way, with what we enjoy, what is important to us and what we consider good in characters just to name a few. While many of these characters could have used more time they still left an impression on me and by what I have read around here even the ones that only been around abit some still talk about them, so that is the uniqueness of fandom, each gets something different from this.

I really don't mind if you don't care about this ideal or not, but how you answered the post just spells out the ideal clearly on how different each and every fan is. ;)
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:40 pm

mfwlegend3 wrote:
Noah wrote:I hope UI Goku gives LSSJ Kefla the beating of her life.

In all seriousness, this fight should not last more than 5 minutes. UI is on a whole other level. It'd be better for Goku to one shot her. Personally, I would've liked her to be gone when SSBKK came into the picture.
But, it is even implied that Goku got a huge power boost from UI?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:43 pm

CJStriker_CBR wrote:
Hawk9211 wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote:
Usually it does , not all and bigger casts leave some behind that is how it goes , but it leaves rooms for writers/storytellers to mold out the visions they have for the arc and characters they choose to focus on . Just cause a group of fans may not be wild about a concept like that is not mean others don't , it is the same that while some may not be to interested in some characters from some of the Universes Like Ribrianne or Caulifla and Kale does not mean others don't , ones ideal of troll is another ideal of Interesting and Enjoyable .

Fans need to learn fast this is the uniqueness of what fandom is , you my find groups of fans that say similar to what you believe at that are good , but you will differ with small things as well . You get into bigger groups of the fandom you will find major differences

It is these differences that help know that some of us like a longer arc and why and then with that can debate with those that want a shorter one and why . That is part of what makes posting so interesting .
I am tired of this uniqueness bull sugar coating.Objectively,speaking how many characters have been even tried to be developed,yes its amazing we got 80 unique designs and names,but you know when I try to think of unique abilities in this tournament of skill,only a number of characters like obuni,darcori come to my mind,don't even get me started on personalities nearly everyone is arrogant asshole with negative traits.
See their you answered my point for me, Thank You for that. ;)

Uniqueness of Fandom is that not ever fan in the same-way, with what we enjoy, what is important to us and what we consider good in characters just to name a few. While many of these characters could have used more time they still left an impression on me and by what I have read around here even the ones that only been around abit some still talk about them, so that is the uniqueness of fandom, each gets something different from this.

I really don't mind if you don't care about this ideal or not, but how you answered the post just spells out the ideal clearly on how different each and every fan is. ;)
You missed half of my point.The small version is that they did a half baked attempt at developing personalities and combat abilities of participants,this should not defended by argument of different people like different things.Now I am not criticizing anyone for liking any character I am criticizing toei for their writing which could have been way better.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:01 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
precita wrote:18 being eliminated next is likely but it'll make me sick to my stomach if she doesn't get a major win before going down. She's the only female fighter in U7 and we waited a long time to see her fight again.
She already has more singles eliminations than Caulifla and Kale, and besides it wouldnt make sense if 18 outlasts someone like Piccolo, her role is already fulfilled.
My thoughts exactly ! for someone who barely recieved any hype she did eliminate enough people for her to go down without more wins. eventhough i think she will still do something before going down.

mfwlegend3
Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:05 pm

Noah wrote:But, it is even implied that Goku got a huge power boost from UI?
Everyone was mainly in awe with Goku's incredible speed and movements, but 17 noted how Goku overcame the difference in power between Jiren and himself, and Piccolo said Goku continues to evolve with each hit. Tenshinhan mentioned that UI's power boosted him, and Whis added through the power mixture between Goku and his Genki Dama, he was able to break through his shell. So, it hints at UI not only increasing his speed and dodging maneuver, but his over all power.

But even so, Goku's increase in movement would be enough to overwhelm her.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:07 pm

I forget are we getting an episode today, or is it gonna be replaced with Hiromi Tsuru's memorial. I don't know how that's working.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:44 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:I forget are we getting an episode today, or is it gonna be replaced with Hiromi Tsuru's memorial. I don't know how that's working.
Yes the episodes will go on as usual. Nothing to worry about.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:21 pm

You know a good tribute in today episode or maybe the next one it would be to replace the current ending with Romantic Ageru Yo, just for one time to remember Hiromi Tsuru was in the series since that period.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:44 pm

Ep 115's UI reveal was a lot more epic than the actual first time it came out, that BG really helps deliver the eerie impact of the form than the old "God mode" BGM.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:25 pm

[spoiler]CAULIFLA AND KALE ARE OUT[/spoiler]

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:32 pm

HOLY SHIT ~~~~ That ending of Preview 117!!! :o :o :o

[spoiler]It looks like it might Happen! How Brianne Looks in the Engulfing Light and the look on 18's Face ~~~~ Are we about to get the Transformation Many of Use have been expecting from Brianne?! Looks like it Maybe, Very Much Does![/spoiler]
My #1 in DB!

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:35 pm

CJStriker_CBR wrote:HOLY SHIT ~~~~ That ending of Preview 117!!! :o :o :o

[spoiler]It looks like it might Happen! How Brianne Looks in the Engulfing Light and the look on 18's Face ~~~~ Are we about to get the Transformation Many of Use have been expecting from Brianne?! Looks like it Maybe, Very Much Does![/spoiler]
I called it, seems that my prediction and NamekianSaiyans will become a reality.

Cant wait for Zirloin focus if he will outlast Brianne.

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:38 pm

perucho1990 wrote:

I called it, seems that my prediction and NamekianSaiyans will become a reality.

I am hoping Zirloin gets some focus, the Namekian thing is all kinds of crazy up here, just WOW!

That last part with Brianne WOW, I don't want to get ahead of myself I don't know what it is but WOW, did we just Call it?! Did we call right on;

[spoiler]A New Tranformation?![/spoiler]
My #1 in DB!

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:42 pm

[spoiler]Is this the first time the potara has been defeated in one on one combat?[/spoiler]

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:47 pm

CJStriker_CBR wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:

I am hoping Zirloin gets some focus, the Namekian thing is all kinds of crazy up here, just WOW!

That last part with Brianne WOW, I don't want to get ahead of myself I don't know what it is but WOW, did we just Call it?! Did we call right on;

Indeed, Eternal Mode time :thumbup:

18 is so done next week along with Rosie

I got my predictions right.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:50 pm

There was a tribute message for the tragic passing of Hiromi Tsuru at the end of the episode:

Translated:

"Hiromi Tsuru-san, who voiced the character “Bulma” in the Dragon Ball TV anime franchise for many years, has passed away.

Tsuru-san gave her courage and kindness to countless people of all ages, and we sincerely pray that she rests in peace."

All credit to Herms for this.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:52 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:

I doubt it.
But, if this happens, then the U7 fighter going in episode 119 might not be Piccolo, but maybe someone else (17 :shh: :shh: :shh: ) because it'd be too predictable to have 18 and Piccolo eliminated one after another.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:53 pm

Zamasu55 wrote: I doubt it.
But, if this happens, then the U7 fighter going in episode 119 might not be Piccolo, but maybe someone else (17 :shh: :shh: :shh: ) because it'd be too predictable to have 18 and Piccolo eliminated one after another.
Brianne was seen in base with an aura. I guess 18 will defeat Brianne in her Ribrianne and suddenly Brianne gets a unknown powerup, she becomes a Blue tier fighter and trashes 18. Although if Brianne defeats both Androids that would be shocking.

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:54 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:

Hey ~~~~ If this Prediction RIGHT about this Next week, an ETERNAL MODE for Brianne ~~~~ ME, YOU and some others here like Big Chief, Chuquita and others Predicted it!

We need more confirmation, I NEVER Get Ahead of Myself, but this is looking good in the Right Direction, we have to wait and see! ;)
My #1 in DB!