"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:24 pm

perucho1990 wrote:Because Plot shield is so huge Erza, Batman would be jealous of them.
And because they're biding their time to rest hiding amongst the debris while the chaos of the tournament rains on.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:27 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
The thing that some people are annoyed with Kale and also Caulifla is the fact they are still in the tournament. How did Jiren not knock Kale out and how has not one of the 30+ fighters from other universes not knocked them out yet.
Because Plot shield is so huge Erza, Batman would be jealous of them.

The Saiyan Trio will have 1 more fight and that will be it for them in this arc, Cabba kinda needs to do something as relevant as the girls did.
They will have 1 more fight before the real players( the Namekians) come in to play.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:29 pm

Knowing Toriyama, The Namekians will get the Nigrisshi treatment, at most I expect them to be treated like how Nail was treated, because the arc ending in November is logical, given that the Trunks Arc also ended in November.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:37 pm

perucho1990 wrote:Knowing Toriyama, The Namekians will get the Nigrisshi treatment, at most I expect them to be treated like how Nail was treated, because the arc ending in November is logical, given that the Trunks Arc also ended in November.

Nothing is stated that this arc ends in November.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:41 pm

perucho1990 wrote:Knowing Toriyama, The Namekians will get the Nigrisshi treatment, at most I expect them to be treated like how Nail was treated, because the arc ending in November is logical, given that the Trunks Arc also ended in November.
Trunks arc ending in November doesn't mean this arc will too and I that leak about ToP ending in november had false information (the leaker Gojiitaaf lied).
Also, I bet it wasn't Toriyama idea to hype up Niggrishi and then have Cabba effortlessly ring him out. U6 Namekians will probably be Piccolo's enemies in the tournament before he loses. Much like Krillin got Shosa, Roshi will get some from U4 and also Tenshinan will probably lose only after ringing out the two invisible warriors from U4.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:45 pm

If it does end in November then that is still plenty of time dor the Namekians. The Nigrisshi thing is obviously Toei and their nonsense hype.

What is the Nail treatment?

Toriyama is not going to create 2 Namekians just to make a joke out of them, unless he wants to make Piccolo fans go completely mad.
emperior wrote:
Trunks arc ending in November doesn't mean this arc will too and I that leak about ToP ending in november had false information (the leaker Gojiitaaf lied).
Also, I bet it wasn't Toriyama idea to hype up Niggrishi and then have Cabba effortlessly ring him out. U6 Namekians will probably be Piccolo's enemies in the tournament before he loses. Much like Krillin got Shosa, Roshi will get some from U4 and also Tenshinan will probably lose only after ringing out the two invisible warriors from U4.
Stop putting Piccolo in this low tier for no reason and why would Piccolo only have 1 big fight episode as anyone but Goku could be in this low category. Why does no one say this about 18 who is definitely weaker than Piccolo. It just proves people want him to fail so they can make a joke or to say 'I was right'.
Last edited by namekiansaiyan on Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:55 pm

emperior wrote: Trunks arc ending in November doesn't mean this arc will too and I that leak about ToP ending in november had false information (the leaker Gojiitaaf lied).
Oh I had no idea Gojiitaaf pulled a Geekdom.

Well if its true Toriyama didnt want to hype Nigrisshi, Murichim and most non U6/U7 key players, then it should mean that the arc in the anime is how Toriyama wants it, with U6/U7 wank and the rest being mostly fodders aside from Jiren,Toppo and maybe Brianne.

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:57 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
The thing that some people are annoyed with Kale and also Caulifla is the fact they are still in the tournament. How did Jiren not knock Kale out and how has not one of the 30+ fighters from other universes not knocked them out yet.
Because Plot shield is so huge Erza, Batman would be jealous of them.

The Saiyan Trio will have 1 more fight and that will be it for them in this arc, Cabba kinda needs to do something as relevant as the girls did.
I disagree. Kale has a much bigger role to play later on, or else they wouldn't've given her the ability to control her form, and Caulilfa's obviously getting a higher form.

Will one of them be ringed-out as setup? Sure, but I'm gonna bet Kale's gonna be alone with Hit before U6's annihilation.
Feels over Reals.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:01 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
emperior wrote: Trunks arc ending in November doesn't mean this arc will too and I that leak about ToP ending in november had false information (the leaker Gojiitaaf lied).

Well if its true Toriyama didnt want to hype Nigrisshi, Murichim and most non U6/U7 key players, then it should mean that the arc in the anime is how Toriyama wants it, with U6/U7 wank and the rest being mostly fodders aside from Jiren,Toppo and maybe Brianne.
The 6 characters we should be watching out for apart from the obvious ones are the 2 big guys from Universe 2, the Namekians and the bugs.
RedHeat wrote: I disagree. Kale has a much bigger role to play later on, or else they wouldn't've given her the ability to control her form, and Caulilfa's obviously getting a higher form.

Will one of them be ringed-out as setup? Sure, but I'm gonna Kale's gonna be alone with Hit before U6's annihilation.
Every week there are less characters than the week before which means there are less possible fights for each characters so the Saiyans could easily only have 1 fight left each.

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:01 pm

HeroR wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote: And he decided to go for a beam battle against such an individual..
And your point? He has enough control not to kill Krillin despite popular belief. He managed to have sex with Chi-Chi as a Super Saiyan and not kill her.
Probably did kill her and they had to wish her back using the Namekian balls off screen :lol:
Last edited by omaro34 on Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:02 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote: Stop putting Piccolo in this low tier for no reason and why would Piccolo only have 1 big fight episode as anyone but Goku coulf be in this low category. Why does no one say this about 18 who is definitely weaker than Piccolo. It just proves people want him to fail so they can make a joke or to say 'I was right'.
Dude I'm actually one of the ones hoping Piccolo will not only shine but also power up through/thanks to U6 Namekians and get to Blue level. But realistically, I don't think Toriyama has any intention of powering him up.
But I really, really hope I'm wrong. Because those Namekians being introduced in pair is typical Toriyama, and Toriyama also brought Piccolo in the U6 tournament, and in both the anime and manga Piccolo felt angry at himself being so weak that his role was to tire Frost.
In the manga Toyotaro also kind of foreshadowed something, by having Champa and Vados mention U6 Namekians.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:05 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
If it does end in November then that is still plenty of time dor the Namekians. The Nigrisshi thing is obviously Toei and their nonsense hype.

Toriyama is not going to create 2 Namekians just to make a joke out of them, unless he wants to make Piccolo fans go completely mad.

Stop putting Piccolo in this low tier for no reason and why would Piccolo only have 1 big fight episode as anyone but Goku coulf be in this low category. Why does no one say this about 18 who is definitely weaker than Piccolo. It just proves people want him to fail so they can make a joke or to say 'I was right'.
Badass namekians being used to hype how strong the main antagonist is(Like kinda Nail was to Freeza in the namek Saga), I bet that Namekians duo vs Piccolo fight will get interrupted by either Jiren or Toppo.
RedHeat wrote: I disagree. Kale has a much bigger role to play later on, or else they wouldn't've given her the ability to control her form, and Caulilfa's obviously getting a higher form.

Will one of them be ringed-out as setup? Sure, but I'm gonna bet Kale's gonna be alone with Hit before U6's annihilation.
Kale already had 2 episodes focused on her development, I think it will Cauliflas turn to shine later on. I have the feeling Kale will job to a powered up Ribrianne.

Hit raised a big losing flag when he mentioned that he will reach it the finals, he might get eliminated before cracking the Final 10(Vegeta, 17 also risk to being eliminated sooner than expected).

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:07 pm

perucho1990 wrote:

We won't know how much of the ToP Toriyama wrote until the manga catches up, but it seems like he's fine with U6 and U7 being the only ones racking up eliminations, considering he supervises the anime.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

omaro34

Post by omaro34 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:07 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:

Stop putting Piccolo in this low tier for no reason and why would Piccolo only have 1 big fight episode as anyone but Goku coulf be in this low category. Why does no one say this about 18 who is definitely weaker than Piccolo. It just proves people want him to fail so they can make a joke or to say 'I was right'.
Badass namekians being used to hype how strong the main antagonist is(Like kinda Nail was to Freeza in the namek Saga), I bet that Namekians duo vs Piccolo fight will get interrupted by either Jiren or Toppo.
Don't be surprised if Gohan joins Piccolo to fight the two Namekians at some point. I don't think Piccolo would take them both on, that would imply that they're weak.

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:11 pm

emperior wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Dude I'm actually one of the ones hoping Piccolo will not only shine but also power up through/thanks to U6 Namekians and get to Blue level. But realistically, I don't think Toriyama has any intention of powering him up.
But I really, really hope I'm wrong. Because those Namekians being introduced in pair is typical Toriyama, and Toriyama also brought Piccolo in the U6 tournament, and in both the anime and manga Piccolo felt angry at himself being so weak that his role was to tire Frost.
In the manga Toyotaro also kind of foreshadowed something, by having Champa and Vados mention U6 Namekians.
So why has your view on Piccolo doing well in the tournament gone backwards since the reveal of the Namekians are what you just said? I have seen this everywhere actually from people who wanted Namekians but have become less excited because of them.
omaro34 wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:
Don't be surprised if Gohan joins Piccolo to fight the two Namekians at some point. I don't think Piccolo would take them both on, that would imply that they're weak.
We might not have seen Piccolo at 100% yet and he might not fight 2 at the same time. Pirina will probably go down first while Saonel will probably last longer.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:18 pm

omaro34 wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:

If I were you I'd pray Piccolo doesnt stick around with Gohan anymore, just the idea of them being together brings out vibes of Gohan almost losing and Piccolo taking the fall for him via sacrificing himself again.
Last edited by SansrivaaL on Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:21 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:
omaro34 wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:
If I were you I'd pray Gohan doesnt stick around with Gohan anymore, just the idea of them being together brings out vibes of Gohan almost losing and Piccolo taking the fall for him via sacrificing himself again.
People say this but Toriyama has only ever done it once so I doubt he will do it again.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:39 pm

perucho1990 wrote: Because Plot shield is so huge Erza, Batman would be jealous of them.
Don't know about Batman since I only cared about him when I was kid, but nothing is worse than Erza. Erza wins everything because she's Erza. When the author explicitly writes something like this, you expect nothing from him.

I also don't know why some people are so desperate to see Caulifla and Kale getting eliminated. Wasn't this fanbase that was begging for female Super Saiyans for years?! It's still because of power levels again?! I know for those people episode 100 must have been a big slap in the face, but only because this show is for kids doesn't mean we must act as such.

At least they still can't read minds like Goku.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:42 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:
omaro34 wrote: Don't be surprised if Gohan joins Piccolo to fight the two Namekians at some point. I don't think Piccolo would take them both on, that would imply that they're weak.
If I were you I'd pray Gohan doesnt stick around with Gohan anymore, just the idea of them being together brings out vibes of Gohan almost losing and Piccolo taking the fall for him via sacrificing himself again.
People say this but Toriyama has only ever done it once so I doubt he will do it again.
Who knows, but them being together gets me on edge, I'm not exactly a fan of seeing Gohan needing to be saved again, and while I'm not the biggest Piccolo fan I dont find Piccolo sacrifing himself appealing, if he's going down I want him to go down as a fighter not as a father.

omaro34

Post by omaro34 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:44 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:
omaro34 wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:
If I were you I'd pray Piccolo doesnt stick around with Gohan anymore, just the idea of them being together brings out vibes of Gohan almost losing and Piccolo taking the fall for him via sacrificing himself again.
Well, given that's been Piccolo's role for this entire arc so far, and has only gotten real screen time when Gohan is around, I'm fairly certain my worst fear that you mentioned will occur. The only thing keeping me fairly optimistic is that fact that the two Namekians are one of the only few fighters left that haven't been introduced yet, and I believe they wouldn't do that for no reason.

I'd be even more pissed if Frost is about to sneak attack Gohan and Piccolo saves him and ends up taking a death beam to the chest and falling out of the ring. They would be trolling guys like Lionel, Namekiansaiyan, myself, and a host of other Big Green fans if they went that route, that's my worst nightmare for this arc.
Last edited by omaro34 on Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.