"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Boo Machine » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:57 pm

Hakaishin Liquir wrote:Why is Brianne still in her base form? Does her teletubby form have some stamina issues that we've never heard of? (like the SSJ forms)
I kind of hope it's for a vain reason. Like she wants all eyes on here when she does the transformation. But right now everyone is distracted.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:57 pm

Upon second viewing, another part I didn't enjoy was the beginning with 17 and 18 mocking Kuririn. 17 I can see, but 18 shouldn't be pestering Kuririn for getting knocked out when...

1. She was right there when it happened. Frost seemed to bypass her easily so...

2. She shouldn't be talking about him being off guard because if it wasn't for him, she'd be at that same spectator bench as he is right now. 18 wasn't written well in this.

Hakaishin Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hakaishin Liquir » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:58 pm

OLKv3 wrote:I totally called Kale being SSB tier. Dunno why people thought she wouldn't be
The animation was weird during this episode.
Her performance against SSJ2 Caulifla in episode 93(?) implied that she should be weaker than SSB, but Toei tossed all of that aside because they thought it would be cool to make her walk through a SSB Kamehameha.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:00 pm

One things for sure, a lot of our heads sure tingled this episode... goddam it :lol:

Boo Machine

Post by Boo Machine » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:01 pm

Hakaishin Liquir wrote:
OLKv3 wrote:I totally called Kale being SSB tier. Dunno why people thought she wouldn't be
Her performance against SSJ2 Caulifla in episode 93(?) implied that she should be weaker than SSB, but Toei tossed all of that aside because they thought it would be cool to make her walk through a SSB Kamehameha.
I get where you're coming from, but I don't think Caulifla tossing aside an energy ball is enough to gauge power.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:01 pm

Hakaishin Liquir wrote:
She wasn't trying to hurt Caulifla. All Caulifa did was swat away a ki blast. You people overreacted to it

aravinthan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by aravinthan » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:02 pm

RedHeat wrote:hahaha, wow. This ain't gonna blow over any time soon.
And it is fucking lit!!!!! Just as expected :lol: :lol: :lol:

Overlord78
Beyond Newbie

Post by Overlord78 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:02 pm

Totamo wrote:
Overlord78 wrote:
TheOne wrote:I love it when people get on their high horse about people who "freak out over power levels lololol"

I didn't realize there were so many people in this fan base who were okay with mediocre story telling and consistency :problem:
Just slap "Dragon Ball" on the title and say Toriyama is involved in the series and most dragon ball fans will eat it up regardless if it's pure garbage.
Yes because everyone loves minus and Resurrection f, right?

Just admit it, people like super and it angers you, I apologize that you want your opinion validated by a bunch of strangers on the internet but it ain't that big of a deal.
I said "most fans" not all. There are dragon ball fans that can tell when a product is absolutely awful like Minus.

I couldn't care less if people liked Super, it would be the equivalent of me caring about a random person eating shit. What I do care about is Super making the original series look like a joke in comparison e.g. Caulifia getting SSJ and SSJ2 via tingly feeling compared to Goku, Vegeta and Gohan who had to work their asses off.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:03 pm

Boo Machine wrote:
Gog wrote: Also, why is the Fandom in such a tiffy in regards to Kale? Is it because she's more powerful than SSB Goku?
From what I've seen its a mix between her personality and Broly reference. Which is fair. I'm not super into Kale either, though I don't hate her.
Is that it? All because she's a Broly Reference? It doesn't exactly justify all this overwhelming rage, and hatred that this thread is getting if I'm going to be honest here.

MR.Mark

Post by MR.Mark » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:04 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
MR.Mark wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:Wow people really wanna see Goku's furry penis :lol:. Garlic Jr had magical pants and no one complained about wanting to see his dick :lol:.

Joking aside, I think SSJ4 is a million times more creative and much closer to a saiyan transformation than pretty much any other form. I mean what's the first form we saw? Oozaru. A giant monkey. I think the way it ties right back into that is fascinating. I've softened on SSJG, but still think Blue/Rose is just recolour trash. But hey people can like what they want. I do like the egg shell like transformation sequence Blue gets. It's got a nice aura too. A shame I don't like it at all.
Just because it's creative doesn't mean it's good, I think the design is stupid and the magic pants look just as stupid, and your lame joke about Goku's dingaling doesn't change anything about your argument.

I will be pleasantly surprised if Goku's new power in TOP is in his base, "transformations" for Saiyans need to go, ssj3 was pushing it already. Recolors via God ki is atleast more bearable then all that GT crap.
It's a joke. I am well aware of the problem people have. Chill.

And I disagree. I don't think GT's all that bad, I still like Super more, and Super is overhyped to hell and back personally. I prefer creative original looking forms to just the equivalent of Sonic fan recolours, but that's just me. If people want to like it, fine. We're all entitled to enjoy what we like, and dislike something else. Yadda Yadda.
I'm perfectly chill, I just thought your joke came across as a a weak argument mascarading as a joke.

Super is overhyped? If anything it's bashed and underrated at times.

I prefer no forms, fans picking about power logic with Super, yet some want the Saiyans to continue to get these nonsensical magic transformations?

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:04 pm

Overlord78 wrote: I couldn't care less if people liked Super, it would be the equivalent of me caring about a random person eating shit. What I do care about is Super making the original series look like a joke in comparison e.g. Caulifia getting SSJ and SSJ2 via tingly feeling compared to Goku, Vegeta and Gohan who had to work their asses off.
Cauli with that tingly sensation transformations isnt the most offensive thing now, Kale's berserk mode was straight up disrespectful :lol:

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:09 pm

MR.Mark wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:
MR.Mark wrote:
Just because it's creative doesn't mean it's good, I think the design is stupid and the magic pants look just as stupid, and your lame joke about Goku's dingaling doesn't change anything about your argument.

I will be pleasantly surprised if Goku's new power in TOP is in his base, "transformations" for Saiyans need to go, ssj3 was pushing it already. Recolors via God ki is atleast more bearable then all that GT crap.
It's a joke. I am well aware of the problem people have. Chill.

And I disagree. I don't think GT's all that bad, I still like Super more, and Super is overhyped to hell and back personally. I prefer creative original looking forms to just the equivalent of Sonic fan recolours, but that's just me. If people want to like it, fine. We're all entitled to enjoy what we like, and dislike something else. Yadda Yadda.
I'm perfectly chill, I just thought your joke came across as a a weak argument mascarading as a joke.

Super is overhyped? If anything it's bashed and underrated at times.

I prefer no forms, fans picking about power logic with Super, yet some want the Saiyans to continue to get these nonsensical magic transformations?
It's a joke. Merely because if not for magic pants, we'd see Garlic Jr and Furry Goku Dick. It's a joke.

Nah that's GT. It gets the bandwagon treatment. And considering how well Super is doing, those bashers are the minority. Something that's extremely popular and successful, is not underrated. From the money it's making, and how much of a success the show is, I don't think so.

It makes more sense then Saiyans getting Blond hair outta nowhere. We first saw Saiyans turn into apes...so what's the progression? Gold haired men? There's no real rules set up for transformations, but I feel SSJ4 ties back to the Oozaru form, and feels like a true saiyan form of the primitive, monkey like, saiyan species. They're supposed to be monkey like, so to have a monkey form adds to it. I've never been a fan of the saiyan tails just up and going away.
Last edited by dbzfan7 on Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Overlord78
Beyond Newbie

Post by Overlord78 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:09 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:
Overlord78 wrote: I couldn't care less if people liked Super, it would be the equivalent of me caring about a random person eating shit. What I do care about is Super making the original series look like a joke in comparison e.g. Caulifia getting SSJ and SSJ2 via tingly feeling compared to Goku, Vegeta and Gohan who had to work their asses off.
Cauli with that tingly sensation transformations isnt the most offensive thing now, Kale's berserk mode was straight up disrespectful :lol:
Either that or that Spirit Sword crap that Future Trunks pulled off.

Yomi
Regular

Post by Yomi » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:10 pm

Overlord78 wrote: Just slap "Dragon Ball" on the title and say Toriyama is involved in the series and most dragon ball fans will eat it up regardless if it's pure garbage.
You are here discussing about episode 100
34 Hours of content; you're eating it up too. :|
:clap:

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:10 pm

Overlord78 wrote:
Totamo wrote:
Overlord78 wrote: Just slap "Dragon Ball" on the title and say Toriyama is involved in the series and most dragon ball fans will eat it up regardless if it's pure garbage.
Yes because everyone loves minus and Resurrection f, right?

Just admit it, people like super and it angers you, I apologize that you want your opinion validated by a bunch of strangers on the internet but it ain't that big of a deal.
I said "most fans" not all. There are dragon ball fans that can tell when a product is absolutely awful like Minus.

I couldn't care less if people liked Super, it would be the equivalent of me caring about a random person eating shit. What I do care about is Super making the original series look like a joke in comparison e.g. Caulifia getting SSJ and SSJ2 via tingly feeling compared to Goku, Vegeta and Gohan who had to work their asses off.
If you truly think only "some fans" hate minus then you and I have nothing to left to discuss.

I'm one of the biggest super apologist you will ever meet, I love some parts even more than z and ball, and I hate minus with a passion. It remains the only thing to ever make me question Toriyama's writing skills.

And don't lie, you do care. And I say an awful lot. If you didn't care, you wouldn't insult others or attack their opinions.

Overlord78
Beyond Newbie

Post by Overlord78 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:12 pm

Yomi wrote:
As this point I'm just watching it to see how bad it gets and get a couple of laughs out of it.

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:18 pm

Jesus so many crying in here.... Goku didn't bother going full power against kale at all, I don't even think that a LSSJ at all probaby a a zerk form really, if Goku wanna go FP + Kame he would have kill her if he feel like it, but hey? rules is rules... Jiren didn't break a sweat and just threw a tiny ki blast on Kale to end her form but not even killing her at all, that how OP jiren is second, a lot guys are holding back... Jiren, goku, hit ALSO Cali was already in SSJ2 before TOP and you guys bitch about it? rofl go back watching it previous ep before this one tonight...
Last edited by vashter on Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MR.Mark

Post by MR.Mark » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:19 pm

I'm fine with hair color, like I said, it's the ki doing it, not some legendary transformation. Hell I liked the "tingly back" being introduced in Super, further backs up ssj being a power up.

If Goku and Vegeta ever grow fur again let it be because they actually grow there tails again and even become blue Ozaru to give the were monkeys a last harrah.

But please no hybrids, I don't want Goku or Vegeta looking like furry hybrids with leather pants.

Hair color to signify power growth is enough, I don't want to lose the characters in all these form changes.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:20 pm

Overlord78 wrote:
Yomi wrote:
As this point I'm just watching it to see how bad it gets and get a couple of laughs out of it.
Not to be rude but your Saturdays must be pretty boring if your subjecting yourself to a show you hate.

I've dropped shows for far less then you accuse Super of and never looked back,and these were long running works that I initially felt were quite good. I dont care how much of a dragon ball anyone is, I've followed the franchise my entire life and if I felt the same way about Super as you do, I just watch something else.

Why feed off poison when you can get honey?
Last edited by Lord Frieza on Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Turambar
Beyond Newbie

Post by Turambar » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:21 pm

Overlord78 wrote:
Yomi wrote:
And I am just wondering how much better it can get. This episode was great in terms of everything that we got packed in, and the more people that can match SSB, the better.