"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:32 pm

sintzu wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:Since the episodes are focused on Universe 6 I doubt it will be Ribrianne coming out of nowhere and somehow finding a transformation.
That...thing took up 8 minutes of what was supposed to be Goku and Jerin's episodes.
Nope, not during Episode 112-114, I doubt Ribrianne will be her MEGA Transformstion, but I was wrong about any development for her or U2 in Epsisode 111, so who knows. But still I think only starting as early as 114 will we see anything from My Girl Ribrianne. I expect after 115 and one someting might happen, but we have to wait and see.

As for My Girl Ribrianne taking up 8 mins in the Special ~~~ it was the Best 8 mins of the Special for me! :lol: :thumbup:

Like I have always said fans, we each has their own moments of Liking in this, that is how fandom works. :thumbup:
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:11 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
TheOne wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Goku is probably recovered enough and it is does say Caulifla can't beat him so Goku probably does not need much help.

Have you forgot that if a Universe loses then they are deleted? Every fighter should be doing everything they can to win. It is why Vegeta helping Cabba or Goku helping Kale and Caulifla makes no sense as they will get deleted if they lose. Obviously this is not happening as we would get no real proper fights.
It's called being SELFLESS. Do you know what that means? A lot of people wouldn't know about that kind of stuff since society in general is SELFISH. Everybody has a "me" mentality. How does it benefit me? Is this in my best interest?

Goku has shown many times throughout the series that he can be selfish and selfless. Vegeta on the other hand, is usually selfish. Why do Vegeta and Goku help the other team members despite the universe being in jeopardy? Because they're being selfless. Not thinking about themselves. If you saw someone you knew getting beat up, would you be selfish and look the other way or help them out and risk getting beat up yourself? I know what most people would say.

So morally, you should be able to see why ithey would keep helping them. If you can't, then that's just you. I on the other hand, hope Vegeta steps in and breaks up the fight with Cabba. Y'all can keep criticizing it all you want but I don't think it's a bad choice. You never know when you might need a helping hand.
How about Goku and Vegeta should help their own team first. Why would they need help from the 3 Saiyans when they have 5 teammates left? It is kill or be killed and everyone else in the tournament seems to understand this very easily.
You prove my point.

So I guess it's safe to say you fall in the category of people who can't empathize with why Vegeta and Goku would help another person out even if it's not in your best interest? No compassion whatsoever.
How i predict the tournament will end:

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:26 pm

TheOne wrote: You prove my point.

So I guess it's safe to say you fall in the category of people who can't empathize with why Vegeta and Goku would help another person out even if it's not in your best interest? No compassion whatsoever.
The compassion angle is a sweet one, but also probably not the right one, even in this case.

Don't get me wrong, both Goku and Vegeta are capable of showing compassion, but I'm not convinced this is their main reason for helping out the saiyans. In Vegeta's case it'll probably be mostly related to saiyan pride and wanting to see Cabba do better because he has this student/teacher relationship with him. To bring out his full power/potential/whatever for the sake of a satisfying fight.

And second of all, if they extent this compassion solely to other saiyans and to no one else, then it is selfish. It means their compassion is conditional and reserved only for people like them, everyone else be damned.

And the most glaring thing about this - it's a common belief that Goku and U7 will want to wish everyone back, however we have no reason to believe anyone else from the other universes plans to use their wish in the same way, meaning that if they lose, their universe together with all of their loved ones and every other universe that didn't win gets erased.
For instance, if we'd hear them say "Hey, I'll help you get stronger, but in return, you wish us all back if you win" then everything will make more sense. It raises everyone's chances. But until then, it's just reckless.
Last edited by Michsi on Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:34 pm

You are pretty naive if you think Goku helped them because of empathy or for being selfless or anything like that.
He helped them because he wanted them to see how strong they would get,same for Vegeta helping Cabba because of saiyan pride and all that.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:46 pm

TheOne wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
HeroR wrote:
They saw the fight with Jiren and UI Goku just like anyone else. You don't need a persona connection to put two and two together. And the summery says 'challenged him', nothing about begging. And this is after Cali and Kale helped Goku earlier (which begs the question of where Goku's other teammates were).

And "should be trying to do what the Namekians were doing", shooting a weakened opponent in the back?
Goku is probably recovered enough and it is does say Caulifla can't beat him so Goku probably does not need much help.

Have you forgot that if a Universe loses then they are deleted? Every fighter should be doing everything they can to win. It is why Vegeta helping Cabba or Goku helping Kale and Caulifla makes no sense as they will get deleted if they lose. Obviously this is not happening as we would get no real proper fights.
It's called being SELFLESS. Do you know what that means? A lot of people wouldn't know about that kind of stuff since society in general is SELFISH. Everybody has a "me" mentality. How does it benefit me? Is this in my best interest?

Goku has shown many times throughout the series that he can be selfish and selfless. Vegeta on the other hand, is usually selfish. Why do Vegeta and Goku help the other team members despite the universe being in jeopardy? Because they're being selfless. Not thinking about themselves. If you saw someone you knew getting beat up, would you be selfish and look the other way or help them out and risk getting beat up yourself? I know what most people would say.

So morally, you should be able to see why ithey would keep helping them. If you can't, then that's just you. I on the other hand, hope Vegeta steps in and breaks up the fight with Cabba. Y'all can keep criticizing it all you want but I don't think it's a bad choice. You never know when you might need a helping hand.
Ummm this is one time its 100% fine to have a me first mentality. If they somehow all manage to survive he can help them all he wants afterwards. Until then its just dumb.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:11 pm

Michsi wrote:

The compassion angle is a sweet one, but also probably not the right one, even in this case.

Don't get me wrong, both Goku and Vegeta are capable of showing compassion, but I'm not convinced this is their main reason for helping out the saiyans. In Vegeta's case it'll probably be mostly related to saiyan pride and wanting to see Cabba do better because he has this student/teacher relationship with him. To bring out his full power/potential/whatever for the sake of a satisfying fight.

And second of all, if they extent this compassion solely to other saiyans and to no one else, then it is selfish. It means their compassion is conditional and reserved only for people like them, everyone else be damned.

And the most glaring thing about this - it's a common belief that Goku and U7 will want to wish everyone back, however we have no reason to believe anyone else from the other universes plans to use their wish in the same way, meaning that if they lose, their universe together with all of their loved ones and every other universe that didn't win gets erased.
For instance, if we'd hear them say "Hey, I'll help you get stronger, but in return, you wish us all back if you win" then everything will make more sense. It raises everyone's chances. But until then, it's just reckless.
My post was mostly towards Vegeta and less of Goku. You're right the biggest reason Vegeta would do it would be for Saiyan pride. Just didn't feel like explaining that aspect.
How i predict the tournament will end:

DbzRab

Post by DbzRab » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:19 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
DbzRab wrote:Does anyone think that the reason Zalama may show up is when either uni 6/7 super dragonball are destroyed when their universes are erased? Even if it's just one of universe 6 or 7?
The Grand Priest has already collected the Super Dragon Balls to offer as a reward so that shouldn't be a problem. That would also raise the question of why Zarama never appeared in the future when Black and Zamasu destroyed them. :think:
That's true I should of thought of that. A tournament of this magnitude and takes, you'd think he would show up.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:59 pm

So another question....why after less than 10 minutes toinament time since they fought, I think anyway right, does Caulifla suddenly think she can challenge Goku :problem:
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:04 pm

Michsi wrote:

I disagree again it depends on why Vegeta would help Cabba. If Freeza is actually physically harming Cabba (and this very well may not be the case) then it wouldn’t just be a matter of not wanting Cabba to be knocked out. And Cabba isn’t just any Saiyan he is one Vegeta has grown fond of.

So it’s not that they aren’t showing compassion for others it might just be circumstances would lead to Vegeta to help Cabba. Although until we watch the episode and see actually what happens and see what the circumstances are we can’t prejudge Cabba, Freeza, or Vegeta.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:09 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:So another question....why after less than 10 minutes toinament time since they fought, I think anyway right, does Caulifla suddenly think she can challenge Goku :problem:
It'll be closer to 20. It'll probably be less than 5 minutes since Goku was completely drained by fighting Jiren, so that might be why. That, or she simply wants to fight him again, especially after witnessing what he could do. Saiyan and what not.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:27 pm

Kanassa wrote:Tumblr's gonna kill us
Forget Tumblr; *I* think y'all are being shitty, and I have a lot more sway here than some other social media website.

Don't be shitty.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:46 pm

Kinokima wrote:
I disagree again it depends on why Vegeta would help Cabba. If Freeza is actually physically harming Cabba (and this very well may not be the case) then it wouldn’t just be a matter of not wanting Cabba to be knocked out. And Cabba isn’t just any Saiyan he is one Vegeta has grown fond of.

So it’s not that they aren’t showing compassion for others it might just be circumstances would lead to Vegeta to help Cabba. Although until we watch the episode and see actually what happens and see what the circumstances are we can’t prejudge Cabba, Freeza, or Vegeta.
If Freeza starts being cruel then yeah, that's a different thing. But the summary mentions that Vegeta saves Cabba from being thrown out of bounds after he gets pushed back by Monna. He loses fair and square. My guess is that this is where most of the frustrations comes from.

You could argue that Vegeta doesn't consider Cabba as a threat to himself, so he can afford to help him out against someone else, but it's still a little ridiculous.

And yes, the actual episodes often tend to be a lot better than the prior discussions and speculations make them out to be, but well, that's fandom for you :lol:

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:55 pm

Michsi wrote:
Kinokima wrote:

If Freeza starts being cruel then yeah, that's a different thing. But the summary mentions that Vegeta saves Cabba from being thrown out of bounds after he gets pushed back by Monna. He loses fair and square. My guess is that this is where most of the frustrations comes from.

You could argue that Vegeta doesn't consider Cabba as a threat to himself, so he can afford to help him out against someone else, but it's still a little ridiculous.

And yes, the actual episodes often tend to be a lot better than the prior discussions and speculations make them out to be, but well, that's fandom for you :lol:

I guess I don’t see what the issue there is either. Working together with other teams to knock out opponents is strategy. I guess he could have just let Cabba fall but maybe Monna is a bigger threat.

With Freeza though it would be working against his own team member so if this does happen I would think there would be a good reason.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:56 pm

Michsi wrote:
Kinokima wrote:

If Cabba loses to someone he should not be saved by a fighter from another Universe . As usual only certain characters can make a million mistakes and still be allowed to continue but others are not allowed are not allowed second chance. Cabba is not even that big of a character either. He must go.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:57 am

Wait, wasn't there going to be an interview by Toriyama and Toyotaro about the Future Trunks arc of Super in this months V Jump?

MaskedRider
Banned

Post by MaskedRider » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:00 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:Wait, wasn't there going to be an interview by Toriyama and Toyotaro about the Future Trunks arc of Super in this months V Jump?
In the next volume release from my understanding, not next volume of V-jump but the Super manga

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:06 am

MaskedRider wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:Wait, wasn't there going to be an interview by Toriyama and Toyotaro about the Future Trunks arc of Super in this months V Jump?
In the next volume release from my understanding, not next volume of V-jump but the Super manga
You mean next month?

MaskedRider
Banned

Post by MaskedRider » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:08 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:
MaskedRider wrote:
You mean next month?
Pretty much, I'm not sure about the release date of Vol. 4 but I think it was stated for November

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:27 am

MaskedRider wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:
MaskedRider wrote:
You mean next month?
Pretty much, I'm not sure about the release date of Vol. 4 but I think it was stated for November
Nov 2, cant wait to get my hands on it!

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:09 am

SansrivaaL wrote:
MaskedRider wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote: You mean next month?
Nov 2, cant wait to get my hands on it!
If anything controversial comes out of that interview this forum will go apesh*t lol.