"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Draconic
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Draconic » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:42 pm

So Goku can't win, but he also has too fight. Toppo intrerupts the match... Interesting. So probably Goku won't go all out and Toppo will kick Bergamo's ass because of it, entertaining Zeno with his courage (since he is pretty chill about this stuff), U9 will lose (since there are no rules, Bergamo's loss still counts) and get destroyed. Shit gets real.

Or, otherwise, Toppo won't actually kick anybody's ass and just ask Zeno not to listen to Bergamo's request because it puts Goku in an ingrate situation. Then Goku goes all out and destroys Bergamo.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:44 pm

JulieYBM wrote:I can't wait to see Gokuu intentionally win, just so that he can destroy all of the universes and then restore them with the Super Dragon Balls.
No, thanks. Such an anticlimatic, it's like: "Fuck Goku's character development guys, in the end we can always have the Dragon Balls to fix everything." I really hope they don't go to that route.
Lord Beerus wrote:
Kishido wrote:Again how does Bergamo even knows about the erasing rule
I'm thinking Grand Priest informed every universe's Kaioshin and Hakaishin about this and then they relayed the information to the fighters that will represent their respective universe so that they will take this seriously. But at the same time they're so consumed in making their universe look good they've forgotten about the the stipulation paired with the tournament.
That doesn't make any sense, Daishinkan said that he wanted to kept this rule as a secret but revelead to Goku because he is Zeno's friend. Also if that was the case, why the Gods didn't booed Goku when he introduced himself as the idealizer of this Tournament of Power?
SansrivaaL wrote:Zeno: Ok if Bergamo wins then I shall take back the rules of the losing universe gets destroyed
Beerus,Gohan,Shin,Satan: Throw the fight! the tournament will still happen, at least now we wont have to worry about universal destruction.
Goku: So what if the universe gets destroyed or everyone bites the dust, it is not my duty to protect anyone let alone the safety of the universe, all I want to do is stand tall, fight and live on until the day I die.
Wow, I can actually see Goku talks some way like that, probably with Black voice tone :D
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:My guess Toppo intervenes and gets erased by Zen-Oh. It is typical Toriyama too subverting expectations.
Not gonna lie, but I would like that. This Toppo guy seems to be so full of himself, it would be nice for Zeno shows once again why Gods should fear him and erase him in front of everyone.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:48 pm

Noah wrote: "Fuck Goku's character development guys, in the end we can always have the Dragon Balls to fix everything."
Dragonball in one giant fucking nutshell
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:54 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Noah wrote: "Fuck Goku's character development guys, in the end we can always have the Dragon Balls to fix everything."
Yup. That's why I would like to see something different this time.
Last edited by Noah on Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:56 pm

Noah wrote:Not gonna lie, but I would like that. This Toppo guy seems to be so full of himself, it would be nice for Zeno shows once again why Gods should fear him and erase him in front of everyone.
They obviously making him out to be the leader of the pride troopers bigging up he was once scouted for a destroyer role etc. yet he barely appears in the OP I dunno I have a feeling he might bite the dust and as you say shows why Zen-Oh should be well feared!

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:58 pm

I mean... they didn't use the dragon balls to fix Trunks' timeline so... there is precedent there.

Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Black Sayian » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:58 pm

Noah wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:I can't wait to see Gokuu intentionally win, just so that he can destroy all of the universes and then restore them with the Super Dragon Balls.
No, thanks. Such an anticlimatic, it's like: "Fuck Goku's character development guys, in the end we can always have the Dragon Balls to fix everything." I really hope they don't go to that route.
Goku has been the same since the original dragonball. How much character development did you expect?

FlorianGran

Post by FlorianGran » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:02 pm

I feel like Goku obviously can't forfeit, because Zeno wants to be entertained.

Maybe he decides to take it easy and let Bergamo win, but the fight gets too hectic and Goku gets carried away.
Last edited by FlorianGran on Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:02 pm

omaro34 wrote:This forum and the community as a whole will lose their minds if Goku purposely beats Bergamo. We never had Goku's morality come into question to this extent in the entire series up till this point.

Toriyama is really trying to rid of the old English Funimation's interpretation of Goku's overall character, in which he was looked at as a hero.
Goku is looked on as a hero on both sides on the pond. He isn't a 'righteous' hero. Not sure why everyone thinks you have be like Superman to be classified as a hero these days.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:20 pm

Big Black Saiyan wrote:Goku has been the same since the original dragonball. How much character development did you expect?
No he wasn't, in early Dragon Ball he cared about people that he give up the 4-Star DB in order to wish for Upa's father to be revived. Goku is selfish to the point of not caring about the world destruction just to have a good fight with Piccolo, but is not like he gave 0 fucks to everyone on the planet. He didn't like it when Gero was destroying the whole city, it was his idea to move the battle for another place, he asked Cell to stop killing people until 10 days wait for the Cell Games and the same to Boo until Gotenks arrives. His characterization in Super is poor, making him look like he's not even a adult anymore, always acting silly, unconcerned and not fully understading simple things, this arc is perfect for his redemption, be aware that his selfishly way of doing things is the cause that could harm trillions of people and etc.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:24 pm

Noah wrote:
Big Black Saiyan wrote:Goku has been the same since the original dragonball. How much character development did you expect?
No he wasn't, in early Dragon Ball he cared about people that he give up the 4-Star DB in order to wish for Upa's father to be revived. Goku is selfish to the point of not caring about the world destruction just to have a good fight with Piccolo, but is not like he gave 0 fucks to everyone on the planet. He didn't like it when Gero was destroying the whole city, it was his idea to move the battle for another place, he asked Cell to stop killing people until 10 days wait for the Cell Games and the same to Boo until Gotenks arrives. His characterization in Super is poor, making him look like he's not even a adult anymore, always acting silly, unconcerned and not fully understading simple things, this arc is perfect for his redemption, be aware that his selfishly way of doing things is the cause that could harm trillions of people and etc.
Goku's caring about other people is hardly consistent. For example, he doesn't give a rats ass that him not preemptively killing Gero creates a very high chance of lots of people dying for no good reason but he's outraged when Gero actually does it in front of him. In the Boo arc, he's fine with Boo just straight up killing people so he can train Goten and Trunks to do the dance properly, it's only because of the Dragon Radar's potential loss that he gets in Boo's way. Then at the end of the Saiyan arc, he wants to let Vegeta go purely so he can fight him even though Vegeta, Nappa and Raditz have caused the deaths of lots of innocent people, many of Goku's friends and nearly killed Goku himself, his son and almost blew up the planet.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:28 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Noah wrote:
Goku's caring about other people is hardly consistent. For example, he doesn't give a rats ass that him not preemptively killing Gero creates a very high chance of lots of people dying for no good reason but he's outraged when Gero actually does it in front of him. In the Boo arc, he's fine with Boo just straight up killing people so he can train Goten and Trunks to do the dance properly, it's only because of the Dragon Radar's potential loss that he gets in Boo's way. Then at the end of the Saiyan arc, he wants to let Vegeta go purely so he can fight him even though Vegeta, Nappa and Raditz have caused the deaths of lots of innocent people, many of Goku's friends and nearly killed Goku himself, his son and almost blew up the planet.
Right, someone made a pretty good comment that Goku only cares about death when it happens and this further cements that.
Last edited by Baggie_Saiyan on Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:29 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Noah wrote:
I think what this shows is that Goku doesn't care unless he actually sees it happen.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:31 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:I think what this shows is that Goku doesn't care unless he actually sees it happen.
Pretty much. I hate to use this as an example but Trunks freaking out because he kind of invents Black and causes the deaths of a lot of people is how anyone from the main cast would act besides Goku. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a scene later on when someone has to sit down and explain the full implications of what's happened to him.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:40 pm

Yeah, for Goku, youre safe until you do something bad, till then he doesnt do anything, same reasoning can be said when he didnt want to find Gero yet because he hasnt done anything wrong, same with Zamasu, despite the similar feeling in ki with Zamasu and Black, same with Whis and Beerus telling him Zamasu isnt sort of stable, Goku believes he's a good guy.
Still, will Goku really feel bad when he see's Zeno destroying the universe? I mean yeah for us, what Zeno plans on doing is wrong, but is it really? Zeno is the king of all, like its his call if he deems something should be destroyed or not, cause he's the king of all, above the GoDs and angels.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:05 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:Yeah, for Goku, youre safe until you do something bad, till then he doesnt do anything, same reasoning can be said when he didnt want to find Gero yet because he hasnt done anything wrong, same with Zamasu, despite the similar feeling in ki with Zamasu and Black, same with Whis and Beerus telling him Zamasu isnt sort of stable, Goku believes he's a good guy.
Still, will Goku really feel bad when he see's Zeno destroying the universe? I mean yeah for us, what Zeno plans on doing is wrong, but is it really? Zeno is the king of all, like its his call if he deems something should be destroyed or not, cause he's the king of all, above the GoDs and angels.
Zamaus was different since Whis admits that Zamasu's ki wasn't exactly the same as Black and he didn't know who Goku was along with the Time Rings. All Whis and Beerus had was that Zamasu could be Black, but had no real evidence outside of the similar ki.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:07 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:...he's fine with Boo just straight up killing people so he can train Goten and Trunks to do the dance properly...
Did he stated that in the manga?

Can someone explain me this?

[spoiler]"The Final Fight of the Omni-Present Match is Goku VS Bergamo! Bergamo uses some slick talking to get the Stadium on U4's side, turning them completely against Goku and Co! Bergamo shows off his power of turning his opponent's attacks into his own power! How will Goku fight this tricky foe?
Crusher Bergamo shows his power!!

Omni-King This Week: taking back his declaration to wipe out the Universes?!
Accepting Bergamo's proposal, Omni-King announces that if Universe 4 wins, he will withdraw his plan to wipe out Universes who lose in the Tournament off Power!
What is Omni-King after?!"[/spoiler]

I don't get it, so if U7 wins over U9 doesn't mean the end of the Zen Exhibition Matches? U4 comes to fight next? What the f***? :wtf:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:11 pm

Noah wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
Yup. That's why I would like to see something different this time.
Well we did, remember that one time the Dragonballs finally decided they had had enough of being abused and decided to fight back so the that humanity would realize they couldn't just wish all their problems away, but none of the fans liked it...

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:12 pm

Noah wrote: I don't get it, so if U7 wins over U9 doesn't mean the end of the Zen Exhibition Matches? U4 comes to fight next? What the f***? :wtf:
That is stated to be a mistype, it's supposed to say universe 9 not 4..

Although there is still a very slight possibility of universe 4 fighting next it being the twin universe of 9 but that's a long stretch and probably won't happen
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:13 pm

Noah wrote:Did he stated that in the manga?
Yup, when Bulma storms in on him and Piccolo training the boys and says Boo's going to murder her parents when he attacks West City he just shrugs it off and says they'll revive them with the DBs. It's only when Bulma says she can't make another Dragon Radar if her home gets blown up does Goku get involved. If that wasn't a factor, he would've spent the rest of his day on Earth training Goten and Trunks.