"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:31 pm

I didn't even think of the idea of a Ginyu and Saiyaman fight. Oh man...that would be amazing! :lol:

I'd also be okay with King Cold getting brought back in this version if he finally got to actually do something too.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:50 pm

TripleRach wrote:Also, I don't think I've seen anyone else bring it up yet, but the Q&A in the Super Start Guide teased the possibility of old villains returning the way Freeza did. The two characters pictured as examples are Ginyuu and Cell. Maybe it wasn't just a random question after all.
I don't know if it is even a good idea to bring Cell back, I would like for sure but imagine if he draws his latent potential by Freeza cells through training, somehow achieve the power of a SSGSS and combine these two? He would totally wreck the whole cast. No Goku or other Saiyan transformation would ever top this massive power.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

ssj_duelist
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssj_duelist » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:05 pm

Honestly people are taking Vegeta's wish too literally. 'except for the really bad ones' obviously meant bring everyone back except Babidi and his men. Simple as that, I'd Porunga likely read his mind, knew what he meant whatever.

Pilaf Pilaf is alive, bad people are alive, it simply meant Babidi and co.

Also filler showed both ginyu frog and ginyu body staying on earth post namekians returning.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:49 pm

But Ginyu should have stayed dead when Buu blew up the Earth. Why would he be revived by the dragon when he's evil? Goku even makes a comment that Vegeta was revived because he's not considered "evil" anymore, but Ginyu shouldn't have that treament.

Pilaf and co are more misguided than truly evil so its understandable why they came back to life.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:09 pm

Again, if Vegeta can be "good" 2 days after he slaughtered a stadium full of people, then Ginyu can be good after a decade of living a peaceful life as a frog.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:48 pm

That's different, Vegeta knew they'd be revived anyway and he missed Bulma and the others on purpose. Obviously, that didn't keep him from going to Hell but he was arguably good ever since Cell was defeated.

It's funny that interview got mentioned because I was thinking about it the other day because I thought Cell might be revived as well since he gets no love, although his revival would feel pointless.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:59 pm

I dunno...where's it ever really suggested that Vegeta missed them on purpose? And even if he was thinking about them being revived after the fact, killing the audience is still a pretty dick move on his part, so...yeah.
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

FutureGohanSSJ2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by FutureGohanSSJ2 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:07 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Again, if Vegeta can be "good" 2 days after he slaughtered a stadium full of people, then Ginyu can be good after a decade of living a peaceful life as a frog.
You do know that when Vegeta blew himself up against Buu and then was given his life back, that essentially gave him a clean slate, right...?

irreality
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by irreality » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:13 pm

I… don't think that is how karma works in DB. Dying doesn't automatically make you a good person.

Blowing himself up gave him major points, as does consenting to use the Potaras thinking they are permanent, as does fighting as a "dead" person with the possibility of annihilation. But I don't think dying alone "wipes the slate clean".

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:14 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Again, if Vegeta can be "good" 2 days after he slaughtered a stadium full of people, then Ginyu can be good after a decade of living a peaceful life as a frog.
Well Vegeta was saving the universe which kinda greatly outweigh's his kill count when he's helping to stop Boo. Ginyu is less evil than Tao Pai Pai?
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:22 pm

Vegeta had ~30 years of working as a space pirate; killing people and races, blowing up or allowing Freeza to sell planets. Even once he started living on Earth, while he "behaved", he still didn't give a shit about people when it came down to it. He killed the truck driver during his fight with 18, and 7 years later he was willing to let himself be possessed and slaughter a stadium full of people just to fight Goku. I get that he was desperate for that rematch and, whetehr he was thinking about it or not, the people could be revived later, but still.

His sacrificing himself in the self destruction and potara situation likely added some positive points to his karma pool, but those two actions should in now way wipe his entire slate clean. He might have been saving the universe for a couple of days, but he was terrorizing it for decades. That's why I still believe that Porunga doesn't care about your karma, he cares about your current state of being. If you aren't being an evil dick and killing people who don't deserve it, he'll count you as a good guy for something like the wish in the Buu Arc. Ginyu is stuck in a frog body.So unless he's been going around killing people in super secret frog ways, I don't see how it's a plot hole for him to be alive.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:25 pm

Who's to say for certain that the dragon and Enma's judgement would definitely be the same in this case though? I'm sure Enma would take it into consideration at least, if Vegeta had ended up before him again at the end of the arc, but there's every chance that he'd still judge Vegeta more harshly for his past deeds than Shen Long did.

Er, than Porunga did, rather.
Twitter

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:57 pm

If at least Ginyu were in his body, or had stolen another person's body, the debate would make more sense...but he was a frog for +10 years until the wish. As far as Porunga is concerned, Ginyu isn't any more than a harmless frog now.
If Porunga opted for not reviving "evil" animals, that complicates things in a way i doubt Toriyama would ever touch. Porunga should be selective with every single life form...i think that would be a little above the wish, they were just avoiding to resurrect people connected to Buu, weren't they?

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:13 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Vegeta had ~30 years of working as a space pirate; killing people and races, blowing up or allowing Freeza to sell planets. Even once he started living on Earth, while he "behaved", he still didn't give a shit about people when it came down to it. He killed the truck driver during his fight with 18, and 7 years later he was willing to let himself be possessed and slaughter a stadium full of people just to fight Goku. I get that he was desperate for that rematch and, whetehr he was thinking about it or not, the people could be revived later, but still.

His sacrificing himself in the self destruction and potara situation likely added some positive points to his karma pool, but those two actions should in now way wipe his entire slate clean. He might have been saving the universe for a couple of days, but he was terrorizing it for decades. That's why I still believe that Porunga doesn't care about your karma, he cares about your current state of being. If you aren't being an evil dick and killing people who don't deserve it, he'll count you as a good guy for something like the wish in the Buu Arc. Ginyu is stuck in a frog body.So unless he's been going around killing people in super secret frog ways, I don't see how it's a plot hole for him to be alive.
By stopping Boo he technically saved more lives than he's killed. Boo was a universal threat and would go on to destroy everything. Not even evil Vegeta was that bad. Personally I still think Vegeta should rot in hell and him being practically forgiven is dumb, but it seems his universal saving pretty much cancelled out everything else. Though it didn't seem to count when he first gave his life to kill Boo, so I dunno.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:02 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:I dunno...where's it ever really suggested that Vegeta missed them on purpose? And even if he was thinking about them being revived after the fact, killing the audience is still a pretty dick move on his part, so...yeah.
Nowhere but since we later know Vegeta was just pretending to be bad and was counting on the audience to be revived anyway, him barely hitting Bulma and the others seems like a conscious choice.
Araki wrote:If at least Ginyu were in his body, or had stolen another person's body, the debate would make more sense...but he was a frog for +10 years until the wish. As far as Porunga is concerned, Ginyu isn't any more than a harmless frog now.
If Porunga opted for not reviving "evil" animals, that complicates things in a way i doubt Toriyama would ever touch. Porunga should be selective with every single life form...i think that would be a little above the wish, they were just avoiding to resurrect people connected to Buu, weren't they?
They didn't specify, just really bad people.

Even inside a frog, Ginyu is Ginyu but the manga doesn't really tell us what he can do being a frog. Can he still fly? Can he still exchange bodies? Is he still stronger than most humans? It's possible that he just lived like a normal frog and atoned for his sins but I don't really buy it. Anyway, if he's still alive than Porunga didn't thinkk of him as a really bad person anymore because there's no way he would have survived the planet exploding.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:08 am

Maybe Ginyu and Tagoma are siblings? I kinda hope GInyu will not get killed,i dont want him to join the Z-fighters but it will be cool if he will just leave peacfully and live a normal life.Also Ginyu vs. Great Saiyaman would be fun to see.

MrKaytos
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MrKaytos » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:17 am

The new film is confirmed by Ramen Para Dos: http://ramenparados.com/entrevista-a-ta ... on-ball-z/ You have the video and the transcripction of the whole interview. No, There aren't doubts.

Some hours later, we (Misión Tokyo) interviewed Yamamuro in Salón Manga Barcelona, and he said he would like to see another movie... That means that someone told him to say that and maintain the secret. But now, with the document of Ramen, the truth is clear. There will be another Dragon Ball movie to complete the new trilogy.

Yamamuro also told us in Misión Tokyo that he would like to go back to the origins of Son Goku (maybe Minus or Jaco?). Moreover, he said that Broly could appear again to tell another of his stories before his death. We will post the interview and the video soon, like Ramen Para Dos.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:03 am

MrKaytos wrote:Moreover, he said that Broly could appear again to tell another of his stories before his death.
Bio-Broly : Second coming ?

In terms of the 3rd movie,If the RF arc ends at 28 then that'll mean the u6 arc will be 24 episodes long so hopefully the movie will be longer then the other 2 so they won't leave out anything important.

When do you think the RF arc will end ? I think at the earliest 28 which would give it the same length as the BOG arc but I have a feeling it'll go beyond ep30.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:14 am

A OVA about Broly? Well, that's interesting, I even Bardock got a lousy one, why not Broly?

Well, and I don't find bad the idea of he being introduced again in this new series
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Ssgvegito30
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssgvegito30 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:58 am

I hope there is no more broly movies how many times is he gonna come back 3 movies are enough there should be a movie about Jaco origin and the adventures he had with tights & dr. (I forgot the name lol) or about a new villian in universe 5 maybe the villian is a super saiyan god of destruction from universe 5 and he wants to take over all the universe
"You may have invaded my mind and my body, but there's one thing a Saiyan always keeps! His pride!"