"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kinokima
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Kinokima » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:34 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Kinokima wrote:
HeroR wrote:
He's not writing the Hit episode, which is 111. He's writing 112, the Vegeta episode.

Aha maybe this is what he meant when he said I am writing a cool Vegeta :)
Too early for that episode to appear I think as he only finished writing it about 3 weeks ago.
Well maybe but it would still be 3 weeks from now. But if it isn't Toshio seems to write Vegeta a lot. Not that I mind as I love Vegeta and Toshio tends to write some great stuff.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:43 pm

I've been enjoying Toshio's Vegeta stuff as of late. He feels like the most solid writer of this arc.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Tombstone1988
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tombstone1988 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:22 pm

Chuquita wrote:I've been enjoying Toshio's Vegeta stuff as of late. He feels like the most solid writer of this arc.
Yeah, I believe he's written episodes 99, 104 and 107, all of which are in my top 5 for this arc. In my opinion, aside from the whole "Super Saiyan God out of nowhere" thing, he's been solid this tournament.
"If you notice this and understand that it's flawed and just don't let it bother you, that's perfectly fine. But enjoying a flawed movie and calling a movie flawless are two completely different things."

-Adam from YourMovieSucksDOTorg
(Replace "movie" with "DBS episode" and that's pretty much my thoughts in regards to DBS critique)

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:36 pm

Love Toshio. 104 and 107 were great. I have a feeling I'll really enjoy episodes 109-112 and 115 a lot.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:56 pm

Re: Ribrianne's arrows two weeks from now

The only precure I can recall having a bow-and-arrow attack was Smile's Cure Beauty's ice arrows - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBRXPv4hXBc though it's possible I'm forgetting someone else.

If we're going back further into Toei's catalogue, Sailor Mars had a fire arrow attack (flame sniper) that used a bow and arrow.

I completely missed the boat on DoReMi (the other big one chronologically in-between Sailor Moon and Precure. It was too late for me to follow on TV, too early for me to watch online), so I have no idea if they used bows and arrows at any point.

Tombstone1988 wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I've been enjoying Toshio's Vegeta stuff as of late. He feels like the most solid writer of this arc.
Yeah, I believe he's written episodes 99, 104 and 107, all of which are in my top 5 for this arc. In my opinion, aside from the whole "Super Saiyan God out of nowhere" thing, he's been solid this tournament.
Unless it has something to do with Limit Break form, the ssjg bit was fanservice, but I really like ssjg so I myself enjoyed it. :mrgreen:
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:17 pm

Anyone knows this thing's name in japanese? Borareta's name may be based on it because of his arms kinda look like this.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:29 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:I'm sure that Beerus, Kaioshin, Whis and the rest of the members of Team Universe 7 will willingly give him the energy he needs for the Genki Dama. But if he needs a bit more energy, he'll borrow it from everyone else in the Tournament Of Power.
What if Goku asks Zen'O borrow some power and good buddy friend Zen'O does give him :think: ?
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:51 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Noah wrote:In Namek, Goku took the energy of the planet and the living things around the atmosphere. Where he's going to gather energy enough to launch it? They're on a freaking void.
I'm sure that Beerus, Kaioshin, Whis and the rest of the members of Team Universe 7 will willingly give him the energy he needs for the Genki Dama. But if he needs a bit more energy, he'll borrow it from everyone else in the Tournament Of Power.
I don't see Whis willingly to give energy to Goku (he is neutral about U7 erasure) the same about guys like Vegeta and Freeza giving, let alone other universes that are competing to survive, but I'm curious for how they will handle that.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:20 pm

Sandubadear wrote:Anyone knows this thing's name in japanese? Borareta's name may be based on it because of his arms kinda look like this.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
OH! They're clackers! I remember them as cheap prize toys you'd see down the shore or in party stores for kids' gift bags. (Though to be fair the ones I recall were plastic and had handles; the one in the image above looks more formidable.)

Wikipedia says they're called boleadoras in Spanish; boleadora and borareta sound similar enough.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:50 pm

I could see Vegeta saving Hit from Jiren because Vegeta wants his rematch with Hit and doesnt want Jiren to "touch his prey". Although Vegeta might get humbled, what if Veggie asks Freeza for help or Freeza offers Vegeta to help him?

We need more Vegeta/Freeza interactions imo.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:06 pm

perucho1990 wrote:I could see Vegeta saving Hit from Jiren because Vegeta wants his rematch with Hit and doesnt want Jiren to "touch his prey". Although Vegeta might get humbled, what if Veggie asks Freeza for help or Freeza offers Vegeta to help him?

We need more Vegeta/Freeza interactions imo.
Doubt he'll care about saving hit especially if jiren the bigger fish here

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:49 am

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:I'm sure that Beerus, Kaioshin, Whis and the rest of the members of Team Universe 7 will willingly give him the energy he needs for the Genki Dama. But if he needs a bit more energy, he'll borrow it from everyone else in the Tournament Of Power.
What if Goku asks Zen'O borrow some power and good buddy friend Zen'O does give him :think: ?
Then he get genki of two more people..
Nothing will actually change..

He can't exactly borrow it from unwilling people either, Goku convincing them in the heat of the moment might happen I guess, but it's not very likely..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:09 am

Based on the spoilers we know does anyone else think we won't see the Namekians until Hit and 3 Saiyans are out.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:34 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:Based on the spoilers we know does anyone else think we won't see the Namekians until Hit and 3 Saiyans are out.
Possible. Though those U6 Saiyans possibly will get an episode in 115, while Hitto has a chance of going out in 111. We don't know anything about 113 (which could involve the U6 Saiyans instead of 115), and then there's 114 that's an unknown to us right now.

I'd say the chance is fair, but too early to make any other guesses.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:05 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:

He can't exactly borrow it from unwilling people either, Goku convincing them in the heat of the moment might happen I guess, but it's not very likely..
Well it says the power of Jiren makes everyone lose their shit. Its possible every one will realize they can't beat Jiren and that Goku is a lesser threat though still powerful and lend energy.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:21 am

So the special is 109 and 110 together, how are the episode threads gonna be displaying that?
Single thread named 109&110, as the "special" or two different threads of 109 and 110 ( not very likely )..
GodKaio-Ken wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:What if Goku asks Zen'O borrow some power and good buddy friend Zen'O does give him :think: ?

Well it says the power of Jiren makes everyone lose their shit. Its possible every one will realize they can't beat Jiren and that Goku is a lesser threat though still powerful and lend energy.
Yeah, they might..
But here's the thing, once Goku sucks most of the Genki out, everyone will be in no condition to move, let alone fight, and Goku needs to suck it all out if he thinks this stupid idea will work..
Then again, only earthlings were severely exhausted if my memory serves right, maybe the tough guys simply endure it?
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:39 am

Jigurashi wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:Based on the spoilers we know does anyone else think we won't see the Namekians until Hit and 3 Saiyans are out.
Possible. Though those U6 Saiyans possibly will get an episode in 115, while Hitto has a chance of going out in 111. We don't know anything about 113 (which could involve the U6 Saiyans instead of 115), and then there's 114 that's an unknown to us right now.

Episode 109-110 are the Goku and Jiren special episodes
Episode 111- is titled Hit Vs Jiren
Episode 112- titled Vegeta's resolve (written by Toshio)
Episode 113- titled Fighting Maniac Saiyan Battle- Well this could be any Saiyans although Fighting Maniac does make me think of Kale

Unless I am mistaken the only thing we know about 115 is that it is another episode written by Toshio.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:59 am

Kinokima wrote:
Jigurashi wrote:

Episode 113- titled Fighting Maniac Saiyan Battle- Well this could be any Saiyans although Fighting Maniac does make me think of Kale

Unless I am mistaken the only thing we know about 115 is that it is another episode written by Toshio.
These episode titles are exactly why the Namekians might not even appear until the rest of team Universe 6 has been knocked out the ring. Episode 111 just seems like the end of Hit and Toshio did say it is going to be a violent battle.
Ki Breaker wrote:So the special is 109 and 110 together, how are the episode threads gonna be displaying that?
Single thread named 109&110, as the "special" or two different threads of 109 and 110 ( not very likely )..
It should be one thread as everything will probably get messed up otherwise.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:11 am

I wouldn't want to rush them, but shouldn't we be getting a trailer with content from the double episode soon?

Not that I want one as unintentionally comical as the one comparing the Luffy and Sanji fight to De Vinci's The Last Supper and Shakespeare's Julius Caesar, but One Piece did at least get their ads out at a good pace.

Honestly without a weekly manga to base it off of I don't have enough info to make a wild comparison advertisement to with this upcoming special.
Last edited by Chuquita on Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:12 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Kinokima wrote:
Jigurashi wrote: Possible. Though those U6 Saiyans possibly will get an episode in 115, while Hitto has a chance of going out in 111. We don't know anything about 113 (which could involve the U6 Saiyans instead of 115), and then there's 114 that's an unknown to us right now.

These episode titles are exactly why the Namekians might not even appear until the rest of team Universe 6 has been knocked out the ring. Episode 111 just seems like the end of Hit and Toshio did say it is going to be a violent battle.

The Namekians of Universe 6 do seem like a mystery so maybe they are saving them up for something special. I don't think Hit will be gone soon but I could be wrong. I mean I don't think Goku will be done after his battle with Jiren so its possible that Hit won't be eliminated just yet either. Although if too many characters go against Jiren who is supposedly super strong and they aren't eliminated that might not be the best choice either.

As for the Saiyans of U6 I am not sure. Cabba (as much as I hate to admit this since he's a favorite of mine) seems the most likely to be eliminated from U6 next. At only SSJ his base level is too low to really stay on much longer in my opinion. Caulifla at SSJ2 may last a bit longer but I also think her time will be up soon. Kale is definitely the most powerful of the U6 Saiyans but there are definitely a bunch of characters in the tournament who can beat her even if it isn't an easy fight. Actually it would be interesting to me if Caulifa goes before Kale since Kale emotionally relies so much of Caulifla.