"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MajinVegetaPD
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by MajinVegetaPD » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:12 pm

precita wrote:Remember when Vegeta got his ass kicked by Zarbon and Recoome? Or by Android 18? Oh wait, how is that any different than now?
It's not. That's the problem.

MajinVegetaPD
Beyond Newbie

Post by MajinVegetaPD » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:21 pm

Kanassa wrote:Final Explosion - Check
Yes, he used a technique. So, does Goku using the spirit bomb make the Frieza and Buu Saga Saiyan Rehashes? Does using Super Saiyan make every saga after Namek and Frieza Rehash?
Yes it does.

Rehash is rehash.
And not used in the same way, as well as that being quite an arbitrary and general point to draw from as a 'rehash'.
Every crap you take is different. At the end of the day a turd is a turd.

Rehash is rehash.
Yes, that was something exclusive to the Kid Buu fight. It's not like Vegeta talking about his pride is one of the most common things that the character of Vegeta does. /s
Again, do you not see a problem with this? That shtick is old and tired.

Rehash is rehash.
When did that happen in the Buu Saga?
How did this serve no purpose? it furthered Vegeta as a character.
What was the point of him getting beat by Kid Buu? Oh yeah, to help Goku recover energy that didn't work. What purpose did it serve to get slapped around by Jiren? Vegeta could have gave Goku his energy from the jump and flew out of the ring. No....we needed to be reminded for the 100th time that Vegeta is a prideful saiyan.

Rehash is rehash.
On that note: Even if everything in this list was right, it still would still be a piss poor list of reasoning to cry 'rehash' ecause it's ignoring everything surrounding and connecting these points and focus on very general small aspects.
The only thing connecting these points is that Vegeta needs to get his ass kicked constantly to make Goku look strong. It can be done a different way.

Rehash is rehash.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:25 pm

MajinVegetaPD wrote:The only thing connecting these points is that Vegeta needs to get his ass kicked constantly to make Goku look strong. It can be done a different way.

Rehash is rehash.
So, you admit how much reaching is needed to make this a rehash?

And, no, none of these have actually been there to make Goku look stronger. They were there to either get across the threat of the villains, display the hopelessness of the situation, provide tragedy, forward his own character or to give karma.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kaiosama » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:26 pm

MajinVegetaPD wrote:
Yes, he used a technique. So, does Goku using the spirit bomb make the Frieza and Buu Saga Saiyan Rehashes? Does using Super Saiyan make every saga after Namek and Frieza Rehash?
Yes it does.

Rehash is rehash.
And not used in the same way, as well as that being quite an arbitrary and general point to draw from as a 'rehash'.

Rehash is rehash.
Yes, that was something exclusive to the Kid Buu fight. It's not like Vegeta talking about his pride is one of the most common things that the character of Vegeta does. /s

Rehash is rehash.
What was the point of him getting beat by Kid Buu? Oh yeah, to help Goku recover energy that didn't work. What purpose did it serve to get slapped around by Jiren? Vegeta could have gave Goku his energy from the jump and flew out of the ring. No....we needed to be reminded for the 100th time that Vegeta is a prideful saiyan.

Rehash is rehash.
On that note: Even if everything in this list was right, it still would still be a piss poor list of reasoning to cry 'rehash' ecause it's ignoring everything surrounding and connecting these points and focus on very general small aspects.
The only thing connecting these points is that Vegeta needs to get his ass kicked constantly to make Goku look strong. It can be done a different way.

Rehash is rehash.
Vegeta MUST job to make Goku look better. How could it have been done in a different way?

MajinVegetaPD
Beyond Newbie

Post by MajinVegetaPD » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:28 pm

Kanassa wrote:
MajinVegetaPD wrote:The only thing connecting these points is that Vegeta needs to get his ass kicked constantly to make Goku look strong. It can be done a different way.

Rehash is rehash.

And, no, none of these have actually been there to make Goku look stronger. They were there to either get across the threat of the villains, display the hopelessness of the situation, provide tragedy, forward his own character or to give karma.
re·hash
verb
rēˈhaSH/Submit
put (old ideas or material) into a new form without significant change or improvement.
"he contented himself with occasional articles in journals, rehashing his own work"

How is this not a rehash again?

The Goku Black arc was prolly the freshest thing in Super. Good story, great character development, and an unexpected conclusion. Why can't the TOP be like that?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:30 pm

MajinVegetaPD wrote:
Kanassa wrote:

Rehash is rehash.

re·hash
verb
rēˈhaSH/Submit
put (old ideas or material) into a new form without significant change or improvement.
"he contented himself with occasional articles in journals, rehashing his own work"

The fact that you have to rely on such arbitrary and general point while ignoring the actual context surrounding and connection the points in question shows how it isn't really a rehash.

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

MajinVegetaPD
Beyond Newbie

Post by MajinVegetaPD » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:33 pm

Kaiosama wrote:
MajinVegetaPD wrote:
Yes it does.

Rehash is rehash.

Rehash is rehash.

Rehash is rehash.

Rehash is rehash.

Rehash is rehash.
Vegeta MUST job to make Goku look better. How could it have been done in a different way?
If we have been lead to believe that Goku and Vegeta are borderline equals sans Ultra Intinct, Vegeta vs Jiren could have been more competitive, while still making Jiren look strong.

Hell, it could have continued to be Goku and Vegeta vs Jiren with them teaming up for a victory.

No, instead we get another asspull transformation from Goku with some Freeza sprinkled in at the end for the obligatory redemption and/or double cross.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:34 pm

Kanassa wrote:

Rehash is rehash.

And how is Vegeta getting his shit kicked in base form make Goku look stronger?
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

MajinVegetaPD
Beyond Newbie

Post by MajinVegetaPD » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:37 pm

Kanassa wrote:
MajinVegetaPD wrote:
Kanassa wrote: So, you admit how much reaching is needed to make this a rehash?

re·hash
verb
rēˈhaSH/Submit

The fact that you have to rely on such arbitrary and general point while ignoring the actual context surrounding and connection the points in question shows how it isn't really a rehash.
Yeah, you said that already.

There is nothing random or unpredictable about what I said, and the "context" is that Vegeta needs to job to pave the way for Goku, like has been done in pretty much every arc. Unless I'm completely missing the actual "context", but I'm pretty sure we are watching the same show.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:38 pm

MajinVegetaPD wrote:
Kaiosama wrote:
MajinVegetaPD wrote:
Yes it does.

Rehash is rehash.

Rehash is rehash.

Rehash is rehash.

Rehash is rehash.

Rehash is rehash.
If we have been lead to believe that Goku and Vegeta are borderline equals sans Ultra Intinct, Vegeta vs Jiren could have been more competitive, while still making Jiren look strong.

Hell, it could have continued to be Goku and Vegeta vs Jiren with them teaming up for a victory.

No, instead we get another asspull transformation from Goku with some Freeza sprinkled in at the end for the obligatory redemption and/or double cross.
Goku got his ass beat by Jiren with Blue Kaioken x20 to the point he didn’t even touch Jiren, yet Vegeta in 122 with just Blue landed more hits than UI Goku, but Vegeta is made to look lesser than Goku because he was exhausted and in base form when Jiren beat him up.

Vegeta didn’t ‘job’. Goku did that in 109 and 110.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:40 pm

Okay instead of writing 5 times a rehash is a rehash, MajinVegetaPD, I would rather want to see you write what kind of episode you would have wanted to happen. This might help understanding what you are angry about the lack of.
Last edited by Cetra on Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:42 pm

MajinVegetaPD wrote:There is nothing random or unpredictable about what I said, and the "context" is that Vegeta needs to job to pave the way for Goku, like has been done in pretty much every arc. Unless I'm completely missing the actual "context", but I'm pretty sure we are watching the same show.
Are you sure we are? Because Vegeta never jobbed in this arc and certainly didn't 'pave the way' for Goku. In fact he basically went "Fuck Ultra Instict, I'm getting my OWN transformation".

And yes, your points are arbitrary, with stuff as stupid as "He used Final Explosion" being considered a rehash.

Kanassa wrote:

MajinVegetaPD
Beyond Newbie

Post by MajinVegetaPD » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:45 pm

I appreciate the back and forth, but I'm gonna end my point with this.

This whole TOP is completely fucked. You all realize that we are ending this show with Goku as the strongest fighter in the multiverse sans the Angels and Zeno. That also means that Vegeta will be following suit shortly, as where Goku goes, so does he. That is just absolutely ludicrous. Where the hell does the series go from here now? You have 2 guys that are now universe busters. It doesn't sit well with me at all.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:46 pm

Kaiosama wrote:
jeffbr92 wrote:But why? The manga is different from the anime, I thought Vegeta would unlock UI because he was trying some time after he saw Goku with it
Vegeta will never get UI. He gave up on it and got his own power or form albeit inferior. Whis even said it would be incredibly difficult for Vegeta to master because it goes against how he naturally. He's also not the fighting prodigy that Son Goku is. I don't get why fans were expecting him to get UI out of nowhere when it would have taken the shine off of Goku and his story.
I'm not even a Vegeta fan, but what you said was really dumb man. Don't know why such hatred with a fictional character, also Vegeta getting UI has nothing to do with Goku being a better fighter to be honest, but the author choice as by your logic Vegeta would never turn into a common SSJ to begin with.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:49 pm

MajinVegetaPD wrote:I appreciate the back and forth, but I'm gonna end my point with this.

This whole TOP is completely fucked. You all realize that we are ending this show with Goku as the strongest fighter in the multiverse sans the Angels and Zeno. That also means that Vegeta will be following suit shortly, as where Goku goes, so does he. That is just absolutely ludicrous. Where the hell does the series go from here now? You have 2 guys that are now universe busters. It doesn't sit well with me at all.
So? Characters shouldn’t have their power growth stopped because fans can’t think of anything higher. And Goku been an universe buster since Battle of Gods Saga
Kanassa wrote:

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:53 pm

MajinVegetaPD wrote:I appreciate the back and forth, but I'm gonna end my point with this.

Yes and DB ended with Goku being the strongest on the planet, surpassing even God. Z ended with him being the strongest in the Universe. GT ended with him still the strongest in the known Universe. Even then, you lacking creativity doesn't make either of these possibilities an objectively bad thing to end on.
Goku as the strongest fighter in the multiverse sans the Angels and Zeno.
Yes, Super ends with him the strongest fighter if you don't count the rest of the powerful fighters in the multiverse. That's fair.

Kanassa wrote:

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:00 pm

Kanassa wrote:

Yes and DB ended with Goku being the strongest on the planet, surpassing even God. Z ended with him being the strongest in the Universe. GT ended with him still the strongest in the known Universe. Even then, you lacking creativity doesn't make either of these possibilities an objectively bad thing to end on.
Yes, Super ends with him the strongest fighter if you don't count the rest of the powerful fighters in the multiverse. That's fair.

Gohan could have been stronger in EOZ going by the Buu Saga, before Battle of Gods happened.
Kanassa wrote:

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:14 pm

HeroR wrote:
Kanassa wrote:

Gohan could have been stronger in EOZ going by the Buu Saga, before Battle of Gods happened.
Meh, EOZ seemed to have Gohan stick tot he scholar only route in my eyes.

Kanassa wrote:

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:19 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:Are these official??

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
It's even funnier because the japanese text is google translate gibberish.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kaiosama » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:19 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
Kaiosama wrote:
jeffbr92 wrote:But why? The manga is different from the anime, I thought Vegeta would unlock UI because he was trying some time after he saw Goku with it
Vegeta will never get UI. He gave up on it and got his own power or form albeit inferior. Whis even said it would be incredibly difficult for Vegeta to master because it goes against how he naturally. He's also not the fighting prodigy that Son Goku is. I don't get why fans were expecting him to get UI out of nowhere when it would have taken the shine off of Goku and his story.
I'm not even a Vegeta fan, but what you said was really dumb man. Don't know why such hatred with a fictional character, also Vegeta getting UI has nothing to do with Goku being a better fighter to be honest, but the author choice as by your logic Vegeta would never turn into a common SSJ to begin with.
It's not my hatred for a character. I'm going by evidence provided by the show and an understanding on how Toei thinks, because let's be honest, they're very predictable and tend to stick to the same formula. Giving Vegeta UI would have hurt Goku when this arc is focused on him. You can't take away from the main character without consequences.

Goku has been stated multiple times to be a more talented better fighter than Vegeta. Whis and Beerus have continued to treat him as the #2. Beerus always refers to Goku as their "ace fighter". This is the writers and the show doing this. Not me.
Last edited by Kaiosama on Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.