"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:25 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote: It seems those fillers when Goku was training with Krillin didnt happen... meaning Roshi taking on those God ki weeds didnt happen as well... there goes that :lol:
No, In that two parter Krillin said he wasn't going to become a martial artist again, he was just going to train for his daughter.
I think I repeated this 3x already but the part when Goku and Krillin were flying back to kame house after clearing Baba's quest, Krillin said "Ore mata budokan yaruyo" which literally translates to "I'll do martial arts again"

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:31 pm

pacz360 wrote:Though I wonder how krillin will performed against gohan next we know gohan will hold back hopefully it gives us a clue on where krillin sits in power.
This is what I'm waiting for. The ultimate mind F would be if we find out base Gohan, Goku, and Krillin are all comparable to each other. I.e. if its another "no SSJ at the tournament, the rest of us mind stand a chance" comment.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:37 pm

TheMikado wrote:
pacz360 wrote:Though I wonder how krillin will performed against gohan next we know gohan will hold back hopefully it gives us a clue on where krillin sits in power.
This is what I'm waiting for. The ultimate mind F would be if we find out base Gohan, Goku, and Krillin are all comparable to each other. I.e. if its another "no SSJ at the tournament, the rest of us mind stand a chance" comment.
Well will have to see next week the preview make it seem like gohan won't completely hold back in his fight against him but we have to see better not jump the gun just yet.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:05 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Kagari wrote:Episode 84 Jump preview: https://twitter.com/fabulouslyalone/sta ... 4460545026
Gohan fights Krillin? Who wants to bet Krillin stomps him? :D
Oh I fear that, this match could end as obvious as we think or just can be reason enough to lock the Official Unofficial "Dragon Ball Super" Power Level Discussion Thread :lol:
SansrivaaL wrote:It seems those fillers when Goku was training with Krillin didnt happen... meaning Roshi taking on those God ki weeds didnt happen as well... there goes that :lol:
Wait for the episode first, they sure could mention the events that happened before and God Ki Weeds? Did you watched a speed sub? :|
perucho1990 wrote:Piccolo got nerfed to Roshi/Tenshinhan level in FnF, and only performed good vs Frost because Goku completely worn him out.

Dont be surprised if he becomes the new buttmonkey of the Z-fighters.
Nerfed how? No one could defeat Tagoma and Shisami in Super is probably way stronger than a Zarbon-tier mook and Piccolo lame performance against a weakened Frost, shows he had improved a bit after that.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:09 pm

Yikes that new song is terrible. Ugh! Just when we had a pretty alright one we go back to another bad one.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:09 pm

I like Boogie Back...

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:32 pm

Totamo wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:
Totamo wrote: He said he will get stronger for his family but he said he wasn't returning. I watched it fully. The last thing Krillin said in that episode 76 was no super saiyan.

Anyway, it was filler.
What the? he literally says it on the way back to the kame house.... what have you been watching? I repeat, he literally says "Ore mata budokan yaruyo" that literally translates to "I'll do martial arts again".
I am being very literal here if you're not noticing.
Wait you are right. He said he was going to be a martial artist again for his kid. My bed.

Yeah, but like I said it isn't part of these arcs so, its filler.
That isn't how this works in Super. 'Filler' is part of the story, especially when the person who wrote most of the main story of the Future Trunks Saga and everything in the Universal Survival Saga wrote those two episodes you dismissed as filler.
The gr wrote:
Chuquita wrote:So if it's not a case of the writers not communicating, then who's out of the loop?

Or is the summary itself mistaken?

I can't think of a good reason to back pedal on Krillin's development when they very recently dedicated two episodes to it.
This case is similar to Gohan in ROF,U6 and ft,they back pedal Gohan, this is really a toei thing, despite this, I'm excited to see This, Gohan and krillin will interact like the good ol days
They didn't back peddled on Gohan. Gohan said he wanted to get in shape again to protect his family, which is exactly what he has been doing. He went from barely able to hold Super Saiyan, to being able to transform without any issues and even used his power in a clever way. What happened in Resurrection 'F' has nothing to do with Gohan being a fighter again, just wanting to get back in shape after slacking.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

King Jacku
Beyond Newbie

Post by King Jacku » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:02 pm

Love what they're doing with Gohan. It seems in-universe he is trying to fight at any chance he gets to shake that rust off, which is awesome. Piccolo vs Gohan rematch incoming? :D

Alee9977
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Alee9977 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:04 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:I like Boogie Back...
Me too...

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:33 am

King Jacku wrote:Love what they're doing with Gohan. It seems in-universe he is trying to fight at any chance he gets to shake that rust off, which is awesome. Piccolo vs Gohan rematch incoming? :D
Too bad it appears they may only go half way with him instead of all the way. Ah well enjoy what we got I suppose.

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:03 am

dbzfan7 wrote:
King Jacku wrote:Love what they're doing with Gohan. It seems in-universe he is trying to fight at any chance he gets to shake that rust off, which is awesome. Piccolo vs Gohan rematch incoming? :D
Too bad it appears they may only go half way with him instead of all the way. Ah well enjoy what we got I suppose.
What makes you think that?

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:06 am

Kagari wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:
What makes you think that?
Because they always do that. Just wait and see. :)

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:43 am

Alee9977 wrote:
Me too...
Me three :thumbup:

I can picture them slapping a night setting to the ending and have the characters looking up to the stars, each going to their happy place (in #17's case, it would be the moment he killed Gero). Boogie Back, Boogie Back...

Nekis13
Regular

Post by Nekis13 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:59 am

It's a good song, but I personally can't see it in Dragon Ball.

But hey, if the visuals are nice then it's got something going for it.
stay edgy

DeviantArt Thing: Drawings and stuff, also Dragon Ball

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:46 am

Nekis13 wrote:
It's a good song, but I personally can't see it in Dragon Ball.

But hey, if the visuals are nice then it's got something going for it.
Yeah visuals are gonna make or break the ED. For example the current ED is great but pre the visual update I wasn't really feeling it.

Guesswhoo
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Guesswhoo » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:16 am

Episode 84 isn't looking good :? . I don't mind the martial art thing since Krillin has a full time job and therefore may not have time to train, i'm more worried about the Krillin and Gohan sparing. This is supposed to be a Krillin (and Lazuli ?) focused episode, this fight may eclipse the value of Krillin growth because of Gohan. Gohan is a hyped strong character and Krillin is, overall, a low rated punching ball, it will be difficult for Toei to switch attention from Gohan to Krillin (and make the growth viable) without receiving the community salt.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" On-Going Discussion Thread

Post by TheMikado » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:34 am

I miss quoted. sorry.
Last edited by TheMikado on Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:34 am

Guesswhoo wrote:Episode 84 isn't looking good :? . I don't mind the martial art thing since Krillin has a full time job and therefore may not have time to train, i'm more worried about the Krillin and Gohan sparing. This is supposed to be a Krillin (and Lazuli ?) focused episode, this fight may eclipse the value of Krillin growth because of Gohan. Gohan is a hyped strong character and Krillin is, overall, a low rated punching ball, it will be difficult for Toei to switch attention from Gohan to Krillin (and make the growth viable) without receiving the community salt.
That was also said for SSJ+God Ki Goku and regular SSJ Gohan, and the community didnt complain.

This is another evidence Krillin and Gohan will have good performances in the tournament, Krillins spot is basically like Gohan(Started out of shape, then got into shape only to retire and now he will be forced to come out of retirement).

It would be good if Krillin and Gohan are the last 2 survivors in the Tournament of Power.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:37 am

dbzfan7 wrote:Yikes that new song is terrible. Ugh! Just when we had a pretty alright one we go back to another bad one.
Yeah, I never really was into J-Pop and modern Japanese music overall. It's unlistenable for me.
But hey, I am not the demographic for it :)
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

dragonballgeek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballgeek » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:32 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
Guesswhoo wrote:Episode 84 isn't looking good :? . I don't mind the martial art thing since Krillin has a full time job and therefore may not have time to train, i'm more worried about the Krillin and Gohan sparing. This is supposed to be a Krillin (and Lazuli ?) focused episode, this fight may eclipse the value of Krillin growth because of Gohan. Gohan is a hyped strong character and Krillin is, overall, a low rated punching ball, it will be difficult for Toei to switch attention from Gohan to Krillin (and make the growth viable) without receiving the community salt.
That was also said for SSJ+God Ki Goku and regular SSJ Gohan, and the community didnt complain.

This is another evidence Krillin and Gohan will have good performances in the tournament, Krillins spot is basically like Gohan(Started out of shape, then got into shape only to retire and now he will be forced to come out of retirement).

It would be good if Krillin and Gohan are the last 2 survivors in the Tournament of Power.
Ummm there was a lot of complaining about the whole Goku vs Gohan episode. Maybe you were fortunate enough to not witness the senseless bickering.