"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by dbs fanboy » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:56 pm

Kanassa wrote:
dbs fanboy wrote: Prepare for all the fanmade pics based on this, prepare for all the fanfics and the Hentai.
They already exist!

Found that out the hard way... This is why you put something more specific than 'Dragonball: Goku vs Gohan' in google images
You know, now i'm about to google that just for curiosity :lol:
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:00 pm

dbs fanboy wrote: You know, now i'm about to google that just for curiosity :lol:
Don't!
I made the mistake of Babidi x piccolo as a child..
Nothing as been same since
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:01 pm

dbs fanboy wrote: You know, now i'm about to google that just for curiosity :lol:
It's like accidentanlly looking up Sonic the Hedgehog without the safe search on...
PTSD Flashback
You never go back, man. NOTHING IS EVER THE SAME!
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:02 pm

The gr wrote:
Kanassa wrote:ki breaker and kanassa have an odd sense of humor.especially
Why am I specified? :D

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:04 pm

Kanassa wrote:
It's like accidentanlly looking up Sonic the Hedgehog without the safe search on...
PTSD Flashback
You never go back, man. NOTHING IS EVER THE SAME!
Oh Sonic, i still remember those "special videos" that marked me for a years :shock:

dbgtFO wrote:

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:07 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
Don't!
I made the mistake of Babidi x piccolo as a child..
Nothing as been same since
Babidi X Piccolo? well either Babidi has an special game, or Piccolo does have a pickle.

dbgtFO wrote:

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:08 pm

Kanassa wrote:
The gr wrote:
Kanassa wrote:ki breaker and kanassa have an odd sense of humor.especially
Because your post are usually the funniest and weirdest one, let's no talk about search results I'm having pstd by hearing sonic, Instead let's talk about the episode title or something new announced,I'm having doubts about a someone getting replaced, like what Namekiansaiyan,it could be some universe Missing in the battle Royale, only time will tell
Mostly active on discord.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:09 pm

The gr wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
The gr wrote:
Because your post are usually the funniest and weirdest one, let's no talk about search results I'm having pstd by hearing sonic, Instead let's talk about the episode title or something new announced,I'm having doubts about a someone getting replaced, like what Namekiansaiyan,it could be some universe Missing in the battle Royale, only time will tell
I;m predicting that this episode will be the entrance of Fem!Broly or Jiren, centered around one of them turning up late so the episode can end with their grand entrance.

Kanassa wrote:

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:16 pm

The gr wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
The gr wrote:
I can honestly imagine universe 9's team not being there and then Zeno blowing it up after being annoyed (which would show everyone that he ain't joking)

dbgtFO wrote:

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:22 pm

sintzu wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:The question is.. did Vegeta beat the main villain 8) much less.. the perfect villain
If beating a main villain will lead to him being nearly written out of the story then hopefully he never does.
I gotta agree, that was a nice one :lol:

On topic, when can we expect summaries to pop up?

Also, episode 91 says the mightiest warriors assemble, this sounds like it's about all other Universes assembling their mightiest warriors..

While episode 92 speaks of members not being there, it seems like it's about us..

It could be the other way round but this is how I see it right now
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:45 pm

I was kinda worried about the amount of build up we are having for the Tournament, but looks like this arc is full of right decisions and the Tournament will start soon.
So far, so good.
Yedis wrote: 92: All the Members Aren't Here? May 28
I'm worried about this episode though.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:04 pm

The tournament won't even begin in May? :eh: Is this all really necessary? The manga just doesn't end Future Trunks saga and the anime just doesn't start the actual saga. What's going on? :|
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:14 pm

Grimlock wrote:The tournament won't even begin in May? :eh: Is this all really necessary? The manga just doesn't end Future Trunks saga and the anime just doesn't start the actual saga. What's going on? :|
Good pacing is what's going on haha. Although, it could be just a little bit quicker.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:15 pm

Grimlock wrote:The tournament won't even begin in May? :eh: Is this all really necessary? The manga just doesn't end Future Trunks saga and the anime just doesn't start the actual saga. What's going on? :|
What's the problem? None of the current eps are "fillers" but they're all important build up episodes. I'm sure the actual tournament will be at least 10 episodes itself, no way will they rush it into only 3-5 eps after all this build up.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:15 pm

Man, they are really taking their sweet time before getting to the actual tournament. Either they have something spectacular planned or this tournament will end in a flash. Or maybe they really want every character to get enough screentime before shit goes down. Either way, as long as the content up until the beginning of the tournament is good, that's all that matters to me.

King Jacku
Beyond Newbie

Post by King Jacku » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:21 pm

Oh mah God. Only wall for Gohan to overcome is..... SSJ Blue!!! Lol I'm joking, [spoiler]but not really 8)[/spoiler]

I am loving how Super is recently treating its sub-cast. Seriously, if someone had posted these Episode titles maybe 3-4 months prior, I would've been like "FAKE!!!"
Last edited by King Jacku on Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:22 pm

We have 10 main characters in the tournament, plus everyone they'll be fighting against and the U6 fighters. Even though it's a battle royale with everyone fighting at once, no way are they going to do the actual tournament in less than 10 episodes. There would literally be no way to give most or every character some decent spotlight or fights in it otherwise. If we're just going to get a bunch of one-hit KO's or people knocked out instantly...then why bother? So I don't see it that way.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:22 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Man, they are really taking their sweet time before getting to the actual tournament. Either they have something spectacular planned or this tournament will end in a flash. Or maybe they really want every character to get enough screentime before shit goes down. Either way, as long as the content up until the beginning of the tournament is good, that's all that matters to me.
Tournament is 48 minutes.

Obviously this means it'll just be 2 episodes. :wink:

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:25 pm

precita wrote:We have 10 main characters in the tournament, plus everyone they'll be fighting against and the U6 fighters. Even though it's a battle royale with everyone fighting at once, no way are they going to do the actual tournament in less than 10 episodes. There would literally be no way to give most or every character some decent spotlight or fights in it otherwise. If we're just going to get a bunch of one-hit KO's or people knocked out instantly...then why bother? So I don't see it that way.
True if anything they'll be smart to drag this out in 10+ episodes.

Beyond
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Beyond » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:25 pm

precita wrote:We have 10 main characters in the tournament, plus everyone they'll be fighting against and the U6 fighters. Even though it's a battle royale with everyone fighting at once, no way are they going to do the actual tournament in less than 10 episodes. There would literally be no way to give most or every character some decent spotlight or fights in it otherwise. If we're just going to get a bunch of one-hit KO's or people knocked out instantly...then why bother? So I don't see it that way.
Why do you assume they'll all get spotlight? I don't think that ever happened in dbz arc ever.