"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Noah » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:42 am

MisteryOne wrote:You mean because they are not incompetent and useless villains like in the anime version? Then yeah, they are "ruined". Anyway this is not the thread to talk about that. This is mayorly for spoilers of the anime and other announcements regarding Super as a whole.
Really, anime Zamasu and Black are incompetent? You gotta to be kidding. In the manga Earth was the first step to the Zero Mortal Plan while in the anime Black and Zamasu had already devasted the whole multiverse and Future U7 Earth was the last planet.
TheMikado wrote:You know what? I actually like this a lot and hope Cabba gets this instead of SSB. But considering they haven't even given his SSJ2 yet I don't know what's supposed to happen at this tournament.
Well, as said before it would be pretty lame if Cabba didn't got anything new to bring it to this tournament.
Last edited by Noah on Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Dragonballgod19
Banned

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:43 am

MisteryOne wrote:
Dragonballgod19 wrote:Zamasus trying to run away from Zeno like total bitches hurt my soul My god they really ruined black and zamasu in the manga
You mean because they are not incompetent and useless villains like in the anime version? Then yeah, they are "ruined". Anyway this is not the thread to talk about that. This is mayorly for spoilers of the anime and other announcements regarding Super as a whole.
Useless are you trolling how was black and zamasu useless in anime if anything zamasu was did nothing in manga besides job

Dragonballgod19
Banned

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:43 am

Noah wrote:
MisteryOne wrote:You mean because they are not incompetent and useless villains like in the anime version? Then yeah, they are "ruined". Anyway this is not the thread to talk about that. This is mayorly for spoilers of the anime and other announcements regarding Super as a whole.
Really, anime Zamasu and Black are incompetent? You gotta to be kidding. In the manga Earth was the first step to the Zero Mortal Plan while in the anime Black and Zamasu had already devasted the whole multiverse and Future U7 Earth was the last planet.
Exactly

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:47 am

pacz360 wrote:
HeroR wrote:
pacz360 wrote: No it doesn't goku only stronger than vegeta in kaioken there equal in ssjb not to mention vegeta trained in the HTC so nothing put freeza>vegeta
Vegeta would accomplish the same thing against goku while both are in ssjb
That's really assumption since no one said or claimed in the show that Goku and Vegeta are perfectly equal. In fact, Goku is widely considered the strongest given how people act towards him. And training in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber doesn't mean much sense Vegeta did it twice in the Cell Saga and was still inferior to Goku who only went once and not even for a full year.
Vegeta training in rosat allowed to manhandle black while goku only manage that in rage and even then black block a couple of his blows
Goku felt him or vegeta could take-down freeza if he trys something funny on the team
Nothing points to either being superior to each other in regular blue forms there been around each others level until goku brings kaioken to the table
Goku has kaioken that's why
And Goku melted half of Merged Zamasu's face who's way stronger than Black when Vegeta and Trunks together couldn't. So Goku was shown superior to Vegeta. Plus, Goku said that line about Freeza before he knew about True Gokden Freeza.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:51 am

Noah wrote:
It was never said in the anime that Earth was the last planet, and I'm not sure if the manga ever said Earth was the first.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:51 am

Dragonballgod19 wrote:
Noah wrote:
Exactly
Except I'd love to know how they managed to take out Jiren, Toppo, or the Trios de Dangers in every single universe. All without alerting the Kaioshin, Gods of Destruction, the angels, the Grand Priest, or Zeno and his bodyguards. I'll be honest I didn't really care much about that and accepted it. But if you're going to make a direct comparison on procedure between the two, the fact that Zamasu and Black got away with so much but had so much trouble with Trunks, the mortals living on earth, and Goku/Vegeta makes little sense in context with the narrative. It's not even really something you think about until you get to the universal arc and realize they managed to kill everyone in both the stands and fighting in the tournament somehow and literally nobody noticed.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:53 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
Noah wrote:
It was never said in the anime that Earth was the last planet, and I'm not sure if the manga ever said Earth was the first.
Don't bother,iirc Goku Black and zamas erased all the mortal in some timeline in chapter 20
Mostly active on discord.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:54 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
Noah wrote:
In the anime I'm pretty sure all the other universe/timelines and their GoD were dead and Trunks was the last opposition anywhere. In the manga it says there are other places/timelines and universes I believe. So not the last place.

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:55 am

Noah wrote: Really, anime Zamasu and Black are incompetent? You gotta to be kidding. In the manga Earth was the first step to the Zero Mortal Plan while in the anime Black and Zamasu had already devasted the whole multiverse and Future U7 Earth was the last planet.
In the Manga Earth is not the first step, it is said that he has devastated countless of planets before. At least it avoids the plothole that would cause Black fighting Jiren, which is a problem in the anime. And they really are more incompetent than in the manga fighting the saiyans, they have advantage all the time, for nothing, and they escape from him more times.
Heno heno kappa!

zamasu121
Beyond Newbie

Post by zamasu121 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:58 am

can we please stop with the ''black and zamasu killed every mortal in the anime'', this is extremely false since they never said that.
Last edited by zamasu121 on Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:58 am

TheMikado wrote:
In the anime I'm pretty sure all the other universe/timelines and their GoD were dead and Trunks was the last opposition anywhere. In the manga it says there are other places/timelines and universes I believe. So not the last place.
Nope, in the anime when Merged Zamasu shows up he says that he will complete his plan "today", he never says that Earth is the last planet. They did kill all of the Kaioshin in Trunks' timeline though, but that is in the manga as well.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:01 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
TheMikado wrote:
Nope, in the anime when Merged Zamasu shows up he says that he will complete his plan "today", he never says that Earth is the last planet. They did kill all of the Kaioshin in Trunks' timeline though, but that is in the manga as well.
If their plan is to kill every mortal and it's taken them that long just to kill Trunks/Mai. I'd imagine every other mortal would have to be dead for their plan to be completed "today". It may not be explicit but it seems implied.

Psykomatik
Regular

Post by Psykomatik » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:02 am

He is talking about episode 49, where Trunks talks about Black and said that he annihilated other planets before coming to Earth, but it's never stated nor implied that Black killed everyone and Earth is the last one, this is completely false and done on purpose by manga-fans to bash the anime.

"The day he appeared on Earth, he told us that he would now proceed to exterminate all Earthlings in the name of justice. He also said he had already wiped out several planets and their inhabitants in this manner." - Episode 49, Future Trunks

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:03 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
TheMikado wrote:
Black only called Earth there latest stop after they murdered countless mortals. They do claim that Goku, Vegeta, and Trunks are the last people to stop their plan, but that's still pretty vague.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:04 am

TheMikado wrote:
Dragonballgod19 wrote:
Noah wrote:
Exactly
Except I'd love to know how they managed to take out Jiren, Toppo, or the Trios de Dangers in every single universe.
You're assuming that 17 years into the future those characters would still be a problem.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:05 am

TheMikado wrote: If their plan is to kill every mortal and it's taken them that long just to kill Trunks/Mai. I'd imagine every other mortal would have to be dead for their plan to be completed "today". It may not be explicit but it seems implied.
They had just become an incredibly powerful god, he could probably do it in a day, or at the very least he probably believed he could.
Besides, they were also using Trunks to power up Black.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:10 am

Basako wrote:In the Manga Earth is not the first step, it is said that he has devastated countless of planets before. At least it avoids the plothole that would cause Black fighting Jiren, which is a problem in the anime. And they really are more incompetent than in the manga fighting the saiyans, they have advantage all the time, for nothing, and they escape from him more times.
Probably "first step" is not the correct wording, but it is implied in the manga they are way ahead to complete the plan differently from the anime Black/Zamasu.
Yes, it is a plot hole as you adressed, I just pointed as example that no matter how they did it, Black/Zamasu were close to fulfil their plan, thus being more competent than their manga counterparts.
TheMikado wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:Nope, in the anime when Merged Zamasu shows up he says that he will complete his plan "today", he never says that Earth is the last planet. They did kill all of the Kaioshin in Trunks' timeline though, but that is in the manga as well.
If their plan is to kill every mortal and it's taken them that long just to kill Trunks/Mai. I'd imagine every other mortal would have to be dead for their plan to be completed "today". It may not be explicit but it seems implied.
Exactly. I don't see how would be another way to what Zamasu said about completing the plan "today".
Kanassa wrote:You're assuming that 17 years into the future those characters would still be a problem.
Would they not? Or you're assuming age is a factor? I still think it's a plot hole, but people uses Zamasu's immortality as excuse to how they defeated that guy, even so I think it would take years, maybe decades and Goku Black should already unlocked Rosé, by so many battles he fought.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:16 am

Noah wrote:
Kanassa wrote:You're assuming that 17 years into the future those characters would still be a problem.
Would they not? Or you're assuming age is a factor? I still think it's a plot hole, but people uses Zamasu's immortality as excuse to how they defeated that guy, even so I think it would take years, maybe decades and Goku Black should already unlocked Rosé, by so many battles he fought.
It's 17 years into the future (In the timeline that's constantly fucked over no matter the continuity), literally anything could have happened. It's not a plot hole if it doesn't contradict anything, it's simply an unexplored area.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:19 am

HeroR wrote:
pacz360 wrote:
HeroR wrote:
That's really assumption since no one said or claimed in the show that Goku and Vegeta are perfectly equal. In fact, Goku is widely considered the strongest given how people act towards him. And training in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber doesn't mean much sense Vegeta did it twice in the Cell Saga and was still inferior to Goku who only went once and not even for a full year.
Vegeta training in rosat allowed to manhandle black while goku only manage that in rage and even then black block a couple of his blows
Goku felt him or vegeta could take-down freeza if he trys something funny on the team
Nothing points to either being superior to each other in regular blue forms there been around each others level until goku brings kaioken to the table
And Goku melted half of Merged Zamasu's face who's way stronger than Black when Vegeta and Trunks together couldn't. So Goku was shown superior to Vegeta. Plus, Goku said that line about Freeza before he knew about True Gokden Freeza.
Goku melted m zamasu because he pushed back zamasu attack goku had to use kaioken to even destroy his halo while his arms were broken

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:36 am

pacz360 wrote:
HeroR wrote:
pacz360 wrote: Vegeta training in rosat allowed to manhandle black while goku only manage that in rage and even then black block a couple of his blows
Goku melted m zamasu because he pushed back zamasu attack goku had to use kaioken to even destroy his halo while his arms were broken
So did Trunks and Vegeta and it did nothing against Merged Zamasu. And Goku was still good enough to used the Kaioken while Vegeta and Trunks were worn out.
Kanassa wrote: