"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:21 pm

I can see the final episode being a re-telling of Goku vs. Uub. Maybe have Goku take Uub to Beerus and Whis place leaving things for a cliffhanger.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:40 pm

ernesth100 wrote: I'd completely understand him being tired after the large workload. And I would not be surprised if this the way he'd wanna end Super. But I'm expecting at least one more continuation. As this feels a bit...weird of way to end it if you know what I mean.
It'd be a very odd place to end things due to everything that's been set up, kind of like ending a movie trilogy on the 2nd one.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:19 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I can see the final episode being a re-telling of Goku vs Uub.
It would be nice if Super managed to have a condensed version of EoZ at the end (maybe with some subtle teasing of a future story arc, hint hint).
Consider that we're currently doing 1 minute of tournament per episode, though. Time will run out in episode 130 following this pattern, and while that doesn't have to happen, we are most likely going to be cutting it close. Then, we have to have some resolution, as the Super Dragon Ball wish has to be granted and such. And the last episode is episode 131. All of this leaves us very short on time for any substantial EoZ content, I'd say.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:31 pm

There's only 8 episodes left, I really don't see there being time for anything else after the TOP. Assuming Dyspo loses this week, they still have 7 episodes to take out both Toppo and Jiren. I think at most we'll just have one ep left to see all the other universes brought back to life and that's it.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:42 pm

I am curious what other people's theories are as to the ending. I'm pretty set on mine but I want to hear from other's given the very short amount of time left to resolve many things.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:00 pm

Super will probably end with them returning to Earth. 8 episodes is a tight squeeze to really expect much else.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:06 pm

Are these true? Got it in a 4ch forum:

1/21 124話 残り6分 疾風怒涛の 猛襲!悟飯背水の陣 悟飯ディスポ脱落
1/28 125話 残り5分 威風堂々!破壊神トッポ降臨!! フリーザ17号脱落
2/04 126話 残り4分 神をも 超えろ!ベジータ捨て身の一撃!! トッポベジータ脱落
2/11 127話 残り3分 悟空対ジレン
2/18 128話 残り2分 悟空対ジレン
2/25 東京マラソン
3/04 129話 残り1分 決着
3/11 名古屋マラソン
3/18 130話 スーパードラゴンボール回 
3/25 131話 エピローグ 

FortuneSSJ wrote:"Can't wait until the next arc comes. This Tournament is taking forever to end. Bring the next arc as soon as possible."

*Super ends in March*

This is why people should value things when they have it. Now it's over.
One thing has nothing to do with the another: the fact that many people thought this arc sucked ass besides a couple of outstanding episodes and expected a better thing in the future has nothing to do with the value of the things.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:12 pm

Noah wrote:Are these true? Got it in a 4ch forum:

1/21 124話 残り6分 疾風怒涛の 猛襲!悟飯背水の陣 悟飯ディスポ脱落
1/28 125話 残り5分 威風堂々!破壊神トッポ降臨!! フリーザ17号脱落
2/04 126話 残り4分 神をも 超えろ!ベジータ捨て身の一撃!! トッポベジータ脱落
2/11 127話 残り3分 悟空対ジレン
2/18 128話 残り2分 悟空対ジレン
2/25 東京マラソン
3/04 129話 残り1分 決着
3/11 名古屋マラソン
3/18 130話 スーパードラゴンボール回 
3/25 131話 エピローグ.
There are pretty much right.

Analytical Delusion
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytical Delusion » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:29 pm

So if there's one minute per episode, if this is going to end with the 48 minutes finishing, that takes us to the end of 130. I don't think that's likely. It's possible that one or more of the episodes lasts 2 minutes (instead of one), which happened earlier in the tournament a fair deal, but seems unlikely at this point.

It seems like Dyspo is going to be eliminated next episode. I don't know if he takes Gohan down with him or not. Toppo is probably going to eliminate 17, and Gohan if he survives Dyspo. Then, it looks like Vegeta is going to sacrifice himself somehow, to either create an opening or expose a weakness in Jiren (or alternatively to take down Toppo, if Freeza joins the fight with Goku).

Goku losing before the end would make sense from a storytelling POV, since Vegeta, Freeza, and Jiren all seem to have designs for the wish from the Super Dragon Balls, but he's the protagonist, and almost certainly will be around to the end.

I don't want to make too much of the ending, but considering Universe 6 is one of the three featured teams, and they're already eliminated, I think either Goku or Vegeta is going to wish them back. I don't think all of the other universes will be brought back, though *maybe* Universe 11 survives (a tie or something, who knows).

The Freeza stuff is interesting. The two preferred outcomes for me, are Freeza being resurrected with the earth Dragon Balls, as promised by Goku, or alternatively making a power play at the gods (and succeeding to some extent; him being simply erased would be lame, though I'm not opposed to him being erased if he takes someone down with him). The very worst case scenario would be him returning to hell like nothing happened.

I don't know what they plan on doing about Uub and the 28th TB. That was 3 episodes in Z, and 2 episodes in Kai, so if they're going to re-tell it, they don't have much landing room remaining. It would be kind of awkward if they leave it as is, given the "haven't seen you in five years" line, how bad some of the post-timeskip character designs look, and the fact that none of the gods make an appearance at all (though maybe this is something Toyotaro will touch on).

I think it's possible that the new movie will start with Goku and Vegeta visiting Planet Sadala after the tournament is complete, and maybe it jumps to the backstory from there.

Power Metal
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Power Metal » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:43 pm

Analytical Delusion wrote:So if there's one minute per episode, if this is going to end with the 48 minutes finishing, that takes us to the end of 130. I don't think that's likely. It's possible that one or more of the episodes lasts 2 minutes (instead of one), which happened earlier in the tournament a fair deal, but seems unlikely at this point.
Its also possible that all but the last man standing are eliminated before the time runs out so the tournament doesn't take the full 48 minutes.
I do far more lurking than actual posting.

https://www.last.fm/user/AlexPowerMetal

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:43 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:There are pretty much right.
So, it's confirmed then?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:44 pm

Analytical Delusion wrote:I don't think all of the other universes will be brought back, though *maybe* Universe 11 survives (a tie or something, who knows).
Oh come the heck on, a Dragon Ball series won't end with a death of millions of innocent lives.

It's either all or none.

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:01 pm

Noah wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:There are pretty much right.
So, it's confirmed then?
It's just someone's speculation from 5ch.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:12 pm

Kagari wrote:It's just someone's speculation from 5ch.
Oh, that's better.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:23 pm

I would want a spinoff series about Universe 6, and drawn by Yusuke Murata(the man is still interested in drawing DB).

puar
Beyond Newbie

Post by puar » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:33 pm

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:41 pm

puar wrote:Image
Yeah, people shouldnt freak out. While super is done, the series as a whole will not end, there will always be new content. Perhaps they will make a continuation of super in a couple of years. We also have the movie to look foward to.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:56 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Yeah, people shouldnt freak out. While super is done, the series as a whole will not end, there will always be new content. Perhaps they will make a continuation of super in a couple of years. We also have the movie to look foward to.
With Dragon Ball now being Toei and Bandai's #1 money maker I can't see it taking "a few years" for the next DB show.
The money made while Super was on air dwarfed the money made when the series was just movies, DB will almost certainly be back on TV next year.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:18 pm

A 1 year break till April 2019 is still a long time. If the series was going on hiatus for 2-3 months or something that would be a different story.

Super is ending, and the next series will hopefully be set in EOZ.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:19 pm

I don't understand this. Did I miss so much the last days? Since when was it announced that Super would end in a few episodes? This seems so abrupt.

Well, I guess we are lucky we got ONE true new villain. But he should have gotten the final arc then in the first place while threatening all universes.

Time for the GT remake.
'm pretty sure that Super is ending because Akira Toriyama doesn't know what to do next (plus he has a DB lore-movie to write) and without outline, Toei is stuck (and Toyo too).d.
Yeah, because without a few pages skeleton a whole company of writers is not able to produce their own 100s of pages of story. Except they are the ones who really create it when we look at it from a purely dimensional perspective so no, that is not the reason.
Last edited by Cetra on Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"