"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:35 am

I just realised that we got another colour themed character.

Jiren the Grey,he fits right in with SSB, SSR, Golden Frieza and Goku Black.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:40 am

HeroR wrote:
Beyond wrote:
Super's power scale has always been hard to read, at least for me, so maybe ikari isn't meant to be god tier I can concede that. I will admit Goku and Trunks where the only SSJ transformation that I think were completely satisfying and justified. The emotional trigger was definitely there. Gohan's SS2 was great as well. Everyone else didn't compare. Trunks should have never had to go through Goku black to begin with in my opinion.
Just for classification, Trunks didn't have an emotional trigger in the manga. He was a Super Saiyan before Gohan died.
pacz360 wrote: bullshit it damn well did put him god tier level considering he was able put black outta commission before the latter gained another zenkai don't know how you can say he wasn't ssjb level with ssj rage.
He put Black for a few minutes because it was a surprised attack and didn't even hurt Black in the long run. He even joked about how it may leave a bruise. Black also never said he got stronger from it and before then, Trunks did nothing against Black and he mocked him about it.
Still puts him in the god tier range trunks was able to trade blows with him and put him out with the galick gun he ain't stronger than black but sure as hell strong enough to do something to him where before he just got massively.

Guesswhoo
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Guesswhoo » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:42 am

By recent reaction for episode 84 preview, it seems that a "non badass-type character" getting a power up is completely unforgivable ( some call it bad writing ). WTF ! DB is all about surpassing oneself through hardwork and conviction regardless of potential, it's Krillin turn now. Maybe it's because of the recent "no-train OP Main character" trend :sick: where every-non main cast stay at their place because of destiny-plot ( I look at you Naruto and Bleach)
I personnaly like it especially because Krillin have been training in secret. The boy give it his all and many get salty over it ? :thumbdown:

incarnati0n
Beyond Newbie

Post by incarnati0n » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:55 am

Guesswhoo wrote:By recent reaction for episode 84 preview, it seems that a "non badass-type character" getting a power up is completely unforgivable ( some call it bad writing ). WTF ! DB is all about surpassing oneself through hardwork and conviction regardless of potential, it's Krillin turn now. Maybe it's because of the recent "no-train OP Main character" trend :sick: where every-non main cast stay at their place because of destiny-plot ( I look at you Naruto and Bleach)
I personnaly like it especially because Krillin have been training in secret. The boy give it his all and many get salty over it ? :thumbdown:
Barely no one is opposed to Krillin geting a power boost. People only are complaining because it's retarded for a guy who didn't train for the longest time to suddenly come back for a brief time and become tens of times stronger than he ever was before. Makes no sense.
Either way, we don't have any idea of what is actually going to happen. Gohan probably scaled his power down and slowly brought it up during the fight to gauge krillin's full strenght and the ssb goku was probably the normal ''Preview Baiting'' that sometimes happens.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:01 am

incarnati0n wrote:
Guesswhoo wrote:By recent reaction for episode 84 preview, it seems that a "non badass-type character" getting a power up is completely unforgivable ( some call it bad writing ). WTF ! DB is all about surpassing oneself through hardwork and conviction regardless of potential, it's Krillin turn now. Maybe it's because of the recent "no-train OP Main character" trend :sick: where every-non main cast stay at their place because of destiny-plot ( I look at you Naruto and Bleach)
Barely no one is opposed to Krillin geting a power boost. People only are complaining because it's retarded for a guy who didn't train for the longest time to suddenly come back for a brief time and become tens of times stronger than he ever was before. Makes no sense.
Either way, we don't have any idea of what is actually going to happen. Gohan probably scaled his power down and slowly brought it up during the fight to gauge krillin's full strenght and the ssb goku was probably the normal ''Preview Baiting'' that sometimes happens.
You mean like Gohan getting his potential unlocked again?

incarnati0n
Beyond Newbie

Post by incarnati0n » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:30 am

Lord Beerus wrote: You mean like Gohan getting his potential unlocked again?
The first time Gohan got his potential unlocked he was a child, it's pretty normal for someones limits to increase as their body matures. (I'm not defending the way he got the power but I don't think that anyone would find it ridiculous to think that Gohan at his limits would be stronger than everyone else).

It's as I said. Let's just wait for the episode and see what actually happens.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:53 am

Lord Beerus wrote:You mean like Gohan getting his potential unlocked again?
Weren't most of Gohan's power-ups free handouts? The only one he achieved through his own hard work was Super Saiyan. Guru and Old Kai gave him one each, and Super Saiyan 2 was basically forced on him by Cell, 16 and Goku. Seems like people are fine when Gohan gets freebies/big boosts but cry foul if anyone else does. :think:

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:00 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Weren't most of Gohan's power-ups free handouts? The only one he achieved through his own hard work was Super Saiyan. Guru and Old Kai gave him one each, and Super Saiyan 2 was basically forced on him by Cell, 16 and Goku. Seems like people are fine when Gohan gets freebies/big boosts but cry foul if anyone else does. :think:
This fanbase does not know what it wants sometimes.

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:32 am

Soooooooooooooo excited about Krillin's power boost and supposed new technique. He's probably my favorite character. (Though that kinda fluctuates for me)

incarnati0n
Beyond Newbie

Post by incarnati0n » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:44 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Gohan was handed two power ups. So if you want to discount him training before the saiyans arriving, his three years of training before the androids and his training in the rosat then sure, they were all handed. (Not even counting that he has been doing some training since RoF)

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:56 am

incarnati0n wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:
Gohan was handed two power ups. So if you want to discount him training before the saiyans arriving, his three years of training before the androids and his training in the rosat then sure, they were all handed. (Not even counting that he has been doing some training since RoF)
He said "most" of Gohan's power up were free handouts. With the term "power up" meaning a huge boost in power in a very short space of time. Ala Zenkai, Super Saiyan, unlocked potential etc.

incarnati0n
Beyond Newbie

Post by incarnati0n » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:01 am

Lord Beerus wrote: He said "most" of Gohan's power up were free handouts. With the term "power up" meaning a huge boost in power in a very short space of time. Ala Zenkai, Super Saiyan, unlocked potential etc.
Yeah but he singles out Gohan when in truth his situation isn't really different from any of the other strong characters.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:11 am

I'm looking forward to Goku having a picnic with 18. It's only happened a couple of times but I always enjoy seeing Goku talk with the murderbot who wanted to kill him.

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:21 am

Simere wrote:I'm looking forward to Goku having a picnic with 18. It's only happened a couple of times but I always enjoy seeing Goku talk with the murderbot who wanted to kill him.
This so much. Goku and 18 interaction is something I've always wanted. I'm glad we're getting it too. It's always nice to have Kuririn's best friend interact with his wife. Can't wait for Goku to interact with her brother either.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:41 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Gohan was literally constantly training during those times. You can't say they're unearned. It's like saying Vegetas were unearned just because he abused Zenkai and got the majin power up. Or Gokus because he got the powerup from the water and SSG ritual.

The only one that deserves shit is the ultimate powerup and that gets plenty of shit.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:16 pm

If we find out Krillins "new" technique is the kaioken I will be pissed beyond measure.

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:42 pm

Simere wrote:I'm looking forward to Goku having a picnic with 18. It's only happened a couple of times but I always enjoy seeing Goku talk with the murderbot who wanted to kill him.
Were they having "a picnic" though ? all i saw was Goku sitting next to 18.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:51 pm

I don't like the reason why they got rid of Goten and Trunks,it would have been better if it was this reason
    Goku is concerned about Goten seeing him as the enemy of the multiverse,he would feel like he will be a bad role model, and the fact that goku made a lot of enemies supporting this, and Bergamo​ and toppo would crush someone with the same face as Goku
    Mostly active on discord.

Simere
    Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:14 pm

Lapislettuce wrote:
    Were they having "a picnic" though ? all i saw was Goku sitting next to 18.
    You're right, I thought her purse was a picnic basket.

namekiansaiyan
    I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:19 pm

If Krillin and Android 18 is episode 84 with Android 17 in episode 86 who is episode 85?