"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheMikado
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by TheMikado » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:42 am

HeroR wrote:
Totamo wrote: Pointing out your problems doesn't make it go away besides that was a joke at Toriyama making fun of himself since the Buu saga is him doing that.

Plus when Gotenks goes super saiyan 3 just seeing it once, no one said a thing.
Anime or manga, since Goku went Super Saiyan 3 in front of Goten and Trunks before leaving to the Otherworld in the anime. Also, Piccolo did go WTF, when Gotenks went Super Saiyan 3.
Exactly. It's not played as a casual thing.
perucho1990 wrote:
TheMikado wrote:
I feel like we are back at the perfect ki control meaning Goku can hold back while exerting again phase.
We know Goku's punches were more effective with each punch, but that does not automatically translate into UI helps you regain stamina automatically. Especially when it seemed to drain the little he had left.
Its not UI, but his new blue aura that was apart of UI.

Piccolo stated Goku was evolving while fighting Jiren, and in the PV seems to imply Goku is evolving again as he fights the Girls.

Its not hard to understand.
No it's VERY hard to understand. What implies that this new form magical grants stamina regeneration? "Evolving" "Improving" "Metamorphosis" all imply energy being spent. We keep granted new abilities to these forms just to fit the narrative when no such ability is ever stated.

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:43 am

TheDipDap1234 wrote:I noticed that on Toei's website Cucatail (Universe 5 Angel) is described being "a female type who watches over her excellent kaioshin and God of Destruction and tries to learn from their knowledge.

This is not just a google translation btw. https://twitter.com/Terez27/status/921006113197346816

This is Cucatail:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Lmao, we were 'assuming' her gender this whole time.
Feels over Reals.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:53 am

TheMikado wrote:
No it's VERY hard to understand. What implies that this new form magical grants stamina regeneration? "Evolving" "Improving" "Metamorphosis" all imply energy being spent. We keep granted new abilities to these forms just to fit the narrative when no such ability is ever stated.
Ganos never suffered stamina issues, neither did Hit in the U6 Arc and when he fought Dyspo in episode 104.

The whole growth aspect is just Toei excuse to keep most of characters that are irrelevant in Toriyamas outline seem competent.

What do we do? Not take Piccolos statement of Gokus improving vs Jiren as fact?

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:04 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
TheMikado wrote:
Ganos never suffered stamina issues, neither did Hit in the U6 Arc and when he fought Dyspo in episode 104.

The whole growth aspect is just Toei excuse to keep most of characters that are irrelevant in Toriyamas outline seem competent.

What do we do? Not take Piccolos statement of Gokus improving vs Jiren as fact?
Of course we believe Piccolo but we don't take that to mean whatever we want it to. I can't say its obvious Goku is growing wings because Piccolo said he's improving. Goku was improving in exactly the thing Piccolo was talking about. Goku's punching. That doesn't in any way shape of form mean Goku suddenly "Evolved" stamina recovery powers. It's not even connected to anything Piccolo said other than Goku's punching.

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:07 pm

HeroR wrote:
Totamo wrote: Pointing out your problems doesn't make it go away besides that was a joke at Toriyama making fun of himself since the Buu saga is him doing that.

Anime or manga, since Goku went Super Saiyan 3 in front of Goten and Trunks before leaving to the Otherworld in the anime. Also, Piccolo did go WTF, when Gotenks went Super Saiyan 3.
Manga, of course and Piccolo had that same expression when Gohan went super saiyan 2.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:28 pm

Totamo wrote: Manga, of course and Piccolo had that same expression when Gohan went super saiyan 2.
I thought the point you were making that no one was really surprised by Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks?
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:32 pm

TheDipDap1234 wrote:I noticed that on Toei's website Cucatail (Universe 5 Angel) is described being "a female type who watches over her excellent kaioshin and God of Destruction and tries to learn from their knowledge.

This is not just a google translation btw. https://twitter.com/Terez27/status/921006113197346816

This is Cucatail:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Must be a mistake on Toei's part. There's no way in hell that dude is a female. We have eyes to see afterall.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:38 pm

Gokû recovering stamina while he fights? Sounds very video game to me, for better or worse. (But then aren't senzu beans also a very video game type element too?).

I just wonder if UI Gokû is always silent. He hasn't spoke a word in the form so far.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:38 pm

Totamo wrote:Pointing out your problems doesn't make it go away besides that was a joke at Toriyama making fun of himself since the Buu saga is him doing that.

What makes you say Toriyama was making fun of himself ?

Goku was amazed at how they did what took him years to do. Piccolo also dropped his jaw when he saw it. Vegeta had less hair when he came back so he probably pulled it out when they used it :lol: . Goku said the fusion could make weak fighters really strong so it making strong fighters even more so isn't a surprise. Look at Vegetto, he was able to do in Ssj what Mystic Gohan couldn't even dream of.
namekiansaiyan wrote:Since the episodes are focused on Universe 6 I doubt it will be Ribrianne coming out of nowhere and somehow finding a transformation.
That...thing took up 8 minutes of what was supposed to be Goku and Jerin's episodes.
Last edited by sintzu on Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:39 pm

Chuquita wrote:Gokû recovering stamina while he fights? Sounds very video game to me, for better or worse. (But then aren't senzu beans also a very video game type element too?).

I just wonder if UI Gokû is always silent. He hasn't spoke a word in the form so far.
To be fair, he only used it once too.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:54 pm

YonedgeHP wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:Sooo..Caulifla and Kale are idiots who dont want Jiren to be beaten. Confirmed.
They can't handle Jiren, so they will not fight him, easy.
Jiren could eliminate every fighter left, minus Goku if he gets his form back, in under 1 minute. Its not that simple. Jiren wont be sitting still with the clock running down and his team behind.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:59 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:
YonedgeHP wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:Sooo..Caulifla and Kale are idiots who dont want Jiren to be beaten. Confirmed.
They can't handle Jiren, so they will not fight him, easy.
Jiren could eliminate every fighter left, minus Goku if he gets his form back, in under 1 minute. Its not that simple. Jiren wont be sitting still with the clock running down and his team behind.
He could, but he isn’t. He’s too busy meditating. And Goku fighting Jiren really doesn’t help U6 if U7 have more people than them and that’s all assuming if Goku gets that form back that U6 has no reason to bank on.
Kanassa wrote:

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:33 pm

sintzu wrote:The only good thing to come from her is that she makes Goten and Trunks getting Ssj1 look natural. Even if you still don't like it, at least the characters in-universe questioned it, here everyone is acting like it's normal to be able to get one form after another like it's nothing.
And? They're dealing with another universe they barely know with a situation that has precedent; why would they be questioning this that much?
RedHeat wrote:

This is Cucatail:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Lmao, we were 'assuming' her gender this whole time.
Tumblr's gonna kill us
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:36 pm

Kanassa wrote:They're dealing with another universe they barely know with a situation that has precedent; why would they be questioning this that much?
The same reason you'd question someone from another country who can lift a truck without much effort. They're all Saiyans so of course they should question it.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:36 pm

sintzu wrote:
OverHeaven wrote:I bet Caulifla will get Super Saiyan 3.
Let's hope it's just Ssj3 and not one of the higher levels.
Like getting SSJ3 through battle is not stupid enough, right? The transformation Goku only achieved after having trained seven years in the Afterlife. Seriously, this "prodigy" excuse in Super is really annoying.
perucho1990 wrote:I kinda look forward to Freeza interacting with the girls, have Freeza mention that Caulifla reminds him of Gine.
Er... What? Did they even met?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:39 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:I was just thinking anout it....for being over 1000 years old Hit is actually kind of weak compared to Goku or Vegeta
Agreed. But I try to rationalize it in my head that he hadn't trained a day in his life before he met Goku. Why would he since his ability was nearly perfect?
How i predict the tournament will end:

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:46 pm

Noah wrote:Like getting SSJ3 through battle is not stupid enough, right?

Seriously, this "prodigy" excuse in Super is really annoying.
Getting Ssj1 the way she did was terrable, I'm just picking the lesser of 2 evils which is 3 over Blue.

They're just using her as an excuse to get as many new forms as possible. Hopefully she'll be toned down on the manga.
Last edited by sintzu on Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:46 pm

TheMikado wrote:
Of course we believe Piccolo but we don't take that to mean whatever we want it to. I can't say its obvious Goku is growing wings because Piccolo said he's improving. Goku was improving in exactly the thing Piccolo was talking about. Goku's punching. That doesn't in any way shape of form mean Goku suddenly "Evolved" stamina recovery powers. It's not even connected to anything Piccolo said other than Goku's punching.
Gokus attacks were improving in all aspects(raw strength, speed, precision, etc).

I think it has to do with the blue aura he gained, even Whis had no idea what it was, so probably thats the reason he regains stamina?

Noah wrote:
Er... What? Did they even met?
He probably knew her as "the wife of that rebel Bardock". Would be a perfect chance to see her in DBS though.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:52 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
HeroR wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
The Namekians have no connection to anyone yet and they were actually being smart trying to take Goku at that moment as he was not concentrating. Caulifla is litetally going up to Goku's face and begging for a fight.

They shouldn't be teaming up but they shouldn't be asking for a fight when they are outclassed and should be trying to do what the Namekians were doing.
They saw the fight with Jiren and UI Goku just like anyone else. You don't need a persona connection to put two and two together. And the summery says 'challenged him', nothing about begging. And this is after Cali and Kale helped Goku earlier (which begs the question of where Goku's other teammates were).

And "should be trying to do what the Namekians were doing", shooting a weakened opponent in the back?
Goku is probably recovered enough and it is does say Caulifla can't beat him so Goku probably does not need much help.

Have you forgot that if a Universe loses then they are deleted? Every fighter should be doing everything they can to win. It is why Vegeta helping Cabba or Goku helping Kale and Caulifla makes no sense as they will get deleted if they lose. Obviously this is not happening as we would get no real proper fights.
It's called being SELFLESS. Do you know what that means? A lot of people wouldn't know about that kind of stuff since society in general is SELFISH. Everybody has a "me" mentality. How does it benefit me? Is this in my best interest?

Goku has shown many times throughout the series that he can be selfish and selfless. Vegeta on the other hand, is usually selfish. Why do Vegeta and Goku help the other team members despite the universe being in jeopardy? Because they're being selfless. Not thinking about themselves. If you saw someone you knew getting beat up, would you be selfish and look the other way or help them out and risk getting beat up yourself? I know what most people would say.

So morally, you should be able to see why ithey would keep helping them. If you can't, then that's just you. I on the other hand, hope Vegeta steps in and breaks up the fight with Cabba. Y'all can keep criticizing it all you want but I don't think it's a bad choice. You never know when you might need a helping hand.
How i predict the tournament will end:

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:10 pm

TheOne wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
HeroR wrote:
They saw the fight with Jiren and UI Goku just like anyone else. You don't need a persona connection to put two and two together. And the summery says 'challenged him', nothing about begging. And this is after Cali and Kale helped Goku earlier (which begs the question of where Goku's other teammates were).

And "should be trying to do what the Namekians were doing", shooting a weakened opponent in the back?
Goku is probably recovered enough and it is does say Caulifla can't beat him so Goku probably does not need much help.

Have you forgot that if a Universe loses then they are deleted? Every fighter should be doing everything they can to win. It is why Vegeta helping Cabba or Goku helping Kale and Caulifla makes no sense as they will get deleted if they lose. Obviously this is not happening as we would get no real proper fights.
It's called being SELFLESS. Do you know what that means? A lot of people wouldn't know about that kind of stuff since society in general is SELFISH. Everybody has a "me" mentality. How does it benefit me? Is this in my best interest?

Goku has shown many times throughout the series that he can be selfish and selfless. Vegeta on the other hand, is usually selfish. Why do Vegeta and Goku help the other team members despite the universe being in jeopardy? Because they're being selfless. Not thinking about themselves. If you saw someone you knew getting beat up, would you be selfish and look the other way or help them out and risk getting beat up yourself? I know what most people would say.

So morally, you should be able to see why ithey would keep helping them. If you can't, then that's just you. I on the other hand, hope Vegeta steps in and breaks up the fight with Cabba. Y'all can keep criticizing it all you want but I don't think it's a bad choice. You never know when you might need a helping hand.
How about Goku and Vegeta should help their own team first. Why would they need help from the 3 Saiyans when they have 5 teammates left? It is kill or be killed and everyone else in the tournament seems to understand this very easily.